January 2018..... who will be there?

We are arriving February 9th. Driving down from Alabama for Mardi Gras break. We will be tent camping, but in the preferred section. I am already stalking the weather forecast. Our party consists of 3 adults and 6 children.

I really hope the weather cooperates.

oh and RTR :cheer2:
Was there really a doubt. I was pulling for OU. That was an exciting game.

We have arrived and are waiting for site 101 to clear.
Wow, you get to be the loop greeter.

We are arriving February 9th. Driving down from Alabama for Mardi Gras break. We will be tent camping, but in the preferred section. I am already stalking the weather forecast. Our party consists of 3 adults and 6 children.
:welcome: SashaCrab.

February can be a mixed bag weather wise. 80s one day and 40s the next morning, but overall, it should be pretty good camping. There are several on here that routinely tent camp at the Fort in February.

j

Such pretty decorations at the Fort. Fingers crossed they might still be there in 6 days?!

@bama_ed how is overflow? We will be there in about 20 minutes.

Mostly full. I was lucky someone pulled out to leave in front of me and i slid in. Inefficient as usual - a little cargo trailer parked in a 50 foot slot.

See you soon.

Bama Ed

Ed not sure how long you will be at the Fort, just thought I would let you know there is a rocket launch planned for this Thursday between 9-10 pm. I know you mentioned wanting to get over to see one.

Such pretty decorations at the Fort. Fingers crossed they might still be there in 6 days?!
The tree and decorations by Trails End are still up but many of the others are gone :(. They’ve also switched back to the regular Fort music. It’s incredibly peaceful here today - people must be staying inside because of the cold. The Trails End porch does not have any heaters which isn’t very nice and would probably increase their Drink sales on these cold evenings. Wilderness Lodge has extremely warm ones but I guess their guests pay for that class of service :sad2: It hasn’t stopped us from sitting on said porch :love:

Our loop has many empty sites and it’s quiet again. Our pop up has held up so well in the cold, so cold that i had to put on socks with my flip flops. Not looking forward to heading home tomorrow.

The tree and decorations by Trails End are still up but many of the others are gone :(. They’ve also switched back to the regular Fort music. It’s incredibly peaceful here today - people must be staying inside because of the cold. The Trails End porch does not have any heaters which isn’t very nice and would probably increase their Drink sales on these cold evenings. Wilderness Lodge has extremely warm ones but I guess their guests pay for that class of service :sad2: It hasn’t stopped us from sitting on said porch :love:

Our loop has many empty sites and it’s quiet again. Our pop up has held up so well in the cold, so cold that i had to put on socks with my flip flops. Not looking forward to heading home tomorrow.

Thank you for the info. Maybe I can enjoy FW's Christmas music next year ::yes::
Sorry you have to go home tomorrow. Safe travels :wave2:

Wow, you get to be the loop greeter.

Teamubr I am considering putting my folding chair in the middle of the road in front of my site and establishing a personal toll booth.

Almost guaranteed a "No", Cotillard. I was here at this time last year and on the Wednesday morning after New Years IIRC, all the Fort decorations were gone (they had been up on Tuesday evening). The MK remains decorated through the Sunday after New Years for the Marathon weekend but I am not sure about the other parks (which all have the Marathon through them on Sunday for that matter) but I bet right after Sunday they start coming down (castle lights take time).

There was Christmas music in the Fort lobby though today still.

Ed not sure how long you will be at the Fort, just thought I would let you know there is a rocket launch planned for this Thursday between 9-10 pm. I know you mentioned wanting to get over to see one.

Dang, snowmedic. I do but Thursday is our MK day. However if it gets delayed 24 hours there is time then to try it. Thanks for the update.

Our loop has many empty sites and it’s quiet again.

amcc, which site is yours in 2000? I will come over to see you and the family tomorrow morning before you head out.

I am tired after less than 4 hours sleep (Bama game late last night and early departure from Key Largo this morning) so today's update in the next post will be brief.

Bama Ed

Thank you for the updates, Bama Ed. I know the MK tree was up until at least Jan 11 last year. Maybe we will get to see it this year. I love the decorations, even after the fact:wizard:

View attachment 291710

We have arrived and are waiting for site 101 to clear.

Bama Ed

Ps - it is cold here....
We saw you parked with the camper "popped up". Your site must've gotten ready around when ours did. When we got back from Trails End for lunch (which was closed btw and we had to take out ), you were getting ready to pull away.

We're in 923 this go around. It's a bit chilly, but it was 4 degrees back home for a high...we'll take it!

Ozgood,

Please check out our potluck thread for Jan 5 (page 2 for more current stuff). You had indicated there that you could attend a while back so let us know there if so and the details requested.

FtW Mike (our OP on that thread) had a fender bender with his rig and can't come to the Fort with the damage but we are trying to pull off the DIS meet on the 5th.

Bama Ed

The good, the bad and the ugly.

The good: we got out before 8. The drive was fine not too much traffic. Got to Disney at 11:30. The CM did not want to tell us our site but I kind of got it out of her. We were in site 417, @FSU ED site. I already knew he had pulled out so we thought we would not wait too long. We were excited to be in 400 on the outer edge. We really like the site. Dinner at Trails End was good as always.

The bad: we thought for sure we would wait maybe an hour. We waited and waited and waited for our text message. Saw other people come in and leave but no message. Finally at 3 pm check in time I went to the front. They are like oh sorry your message must not have gone through. No idea when it was ready but I was pretty livid that I sat in RV for 3.5 wasted hours. The rest of the bad is in general bert and I have just been kind of dumb. At this point glad we survived the day. Next off to Publix for groceries and bert’s Meds he forgot.

The ugly: we got back from Publix, bert unlocked the door, I had some grocery bags in hand, he went to get the rest from the car. I opened the RV door and yeti slid head first out the door and on the ground. Scared the crap out of me. Thankfully he opened his eyes. He did not move but opened his eyes. Not dead but now I am not sure if he is hurt. Thankfully we were able to get him up and he walked around. He was quite happy to eat dinner. Hopefully it shook mommy up more than him. We will also be blocking the door and putting the close out over the step when we leave. It is day 2 of the trip and I am doing my second load of dog laundry.

It’s going to be a fun week. I am ready for work to be insane tomorrow. The weather is going to be terrible. Hoping when I wake up early it is not raining so I can go for an easy run, I just feel like I need it.

Tomorrow will also be expo day, I hope.

I was a bad mommy and did not take many pictures today. Here’s hoping tomorrow is a little better.

Oh and we were parked two over from ed in overflow. We chatted and waited. While out walking the rock stars we did witness ed easily backing his a liner into his site.

So today we slummed around while the camper sat in the overflow lot. Boated to MK, monorailed to EPCOT, got a DoleWhip at the Poly, all while waiting for our site ready text.

It never came all afternoon so at 4pm I went to the Fort lobby to follow up.

My PSA for today is when doing the Early Online check-in, double check that cell number you load in to receive notifications.

Somebody in Alabama who just happens to have a number similar to mine is wondering why they got a text out of the blue saying their site was ready at 1221pm.

Would you double check that cell number again before you click "Confirm"? :rolleyes1 Uh, asking for a friend.....

This afternoon and evening was a blur of domestic activity: grocery shopping, laundry at the Comfort Station, supper in the camper. It's not TOO cold here now because the wind is not blowing. It was breezy earlier today.

Finally, I put out the two Disney light projectors that I got on sale at Lowe's after Christmas. It was a topic on the Community Board chit chat thread (50% off sale after Christmas). They are in the pine straw just off the pavement pointed at the door of the A-liner. The heads rotate around in interwoven circles.

20180102_213832.jpg

Bama Ed

PS - not many Musket Mickeys left in the Fort but the checkers board at the Meadow TP still has them in it.

20180102_113622.jpg

20180102_113605.jpg

Last edited:
Kris I am very sure that the experience with Yeti scared you out of several years growth. Praying that he is fine walking around and eating are good signs. Reach out to The Rusty Scupper regarding the Pot Luck if you get a chance

A quick morning update.

Rain started around 3am and has stopped currently. But it is still cloudy and dark. So the night lights are on around Trails End.

Six golf carts only parked at the dock for MK rope drop.

20180103_084027.jpg

The Christmas Tree and all decorations are missing this morning so taken down last night. Glad i got a picture yesterday.

20180103_084323.jpg

I am leisurely kickin" it on the TE porch this morn. Gonna head over to Disney Springs.

20180103_084554_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Bama Ed

Ps - still Christmas music on the TE porch. Gonna go over and say hello to Miss Pauline now.

Pps - rain has resumed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter