January 2018..... who will be there?

Proof reading We don't need no stinking Proof Reading we're Disborders . How else do you expect the rest of us to get a few laughs BTW that lunch looked good if I hadn't just finished dinner I would be hungry

When Vince walked in the lobby to check in, I bet the Cast Member knew immediately to give this man the best site, er, I mean, camel that was available. It's a waterfront site with plenty of privacy, it appears.

It's a nice spot for sure.

Bama Ed

It is a nice site for sure, I was Dis-appointed when we did not see a camel though. There is plenty of shade and in the morning the sun shines through and helps warm the tent from the chilly nights that we have been having. We have 2 heaters in the tent and tonight is the first night we will run both.

We had a four legged visitor last night, a raccoon, who opened on of our coolers and helped him self to the left over chicken from our GAG. He left his paw prints all over the top of the cooler and coquina dirt in the cooler. I put our camp stove and cast iron griddle on the lid tonight.

Just got back from the Springs. It was a good time, and not to much money spent.:joker:

Going to turn in for the night, we still have 9 full days left for plenty of exploring.

When Vince walked in the lobby to check in, I bet the Cast Member knew immediately to give this man the best site, er, I mean, camel that was available. It's a waterfront site with plenty of privacy, it appears.

It's a nice spot for sure.

Bama Ed
I call that bold talk for an A Line towing Bama Fan! Doesn't Disney evict any Riff Raff from around your site prior to you checking in. As they rightly should

I call that bold talk for an A Line towing Bama Fan! Doesn't Disney evict any Riff Raff from around your site prior to you checking in. As they rightly should

They have to. They use one of the sites for the band to play and another for the dignitaries. I hear it's quite the show...

Just got a freeze warning on my phone for Central Florida tomorrow morning. You would never know if from the weather right now, sunny and 70 degrees. Hope you all stay warm tomorrow.

We had a four legged visitor last night, a raccoon, who opened on of our coolers and helped him self to the left over chicken from our GAG. He left his paw prints all over the top of the cooler and coquina dirt in the cooler. I put our camp stove and cast iron griddle on the lid tonight.

snowmedic,

The same bandito hit my campsite during my Halloween stay this past year. He left behind enough forensic evidence as his signature calling card. Did the crime scene look something like this?

20171103_082748 (1).jpg

Dang, these guys are getting good at their game.

Bama Ed

Mike,

They have to clear out many sites as tiggerdad says.

The sites in back are for the B1G, PAC12, and Big12 fans to see the trophy ceremony. It happens so rarely for them, they might want to see what it's like - bless their hearts.

But it's the 5th time in 9 years for us.

giphy.gif

But now that you mention it, I think I might reserve a few sites for this time next year.

Just in case, ya know?

giphy.gif

'Preciate your interest in the program...

Bama Ed

PS - pardon me. Now back to our January thread...

Last edited:
Sorry Ed but coming from Long NY Where we just had such Powerhouse Football schools like Hofstra's Flying Dutchmen St John's Redmen, Columbia, Fordam, Rutgers I just had a hard time getting into college ball. GIANT'S football is more like a religion for us.
BTW How does an EAGLE SCOUT leave a cooler out unattended and unsecured for a critter attack. Had it been Tiggerdad's posse I could understand them circumventing security measures
but a racoon

Did the crime scene look something like this?

As a matter of fact it did. The entire lid was covered with paw prints. He came back last night looking for seconds but could not find anything. So he just made a wreck of my clean dishes that I had sitting out as a warning.

Today we did breakfast at TE, and it was delicious. Hard to say which was better between TE and WC. Will have to try each one again for a thorough comparison.
After breakfast we took the boat to the Contemporary then monorail to GF. We only stayed a little bit, it was a little too high class for us.
After we caught a bus and high tailed it to AK. Did some animal watching for awhile then caught another bus to the Springs. There we did some shopping at World of Disney then had ice cream at Ghirardelli's. It was starting to get late and cooling off so back to camp we went. Got the tent cleaned up, laundry ready for tomorrow, both heaters cranked up before it got to cold and 2 more blankets for both beds. I think each bed has a total of 6 blankets on them.

The singalong just finished up and the boat whistles are blowing. Can hear lots of people chat off in the distance.

BTW How does an EAGLE SCOUT leave a cooler out unattended and unsecured for a critter attack. Had it been Tiggerdad's posse I could understand them circumventing security measures
but a racoon

Oh he didn't get anything. :sad2:

That's my ol' plugin cooler and it has a pretty stiff <click> when the lid opens and closes. It requires a good bit of force to open so Rocky Raccoon was unsuccessful.

BTW I got home today after a "fun" drive home. To recap, we drove down Saturday staying offsite, went to MK Sunday (hence the pix I posted in this thread) . We took my daughter down to move into Disney housing for the Disney College Program during the spring semester. Monday she drove along the various routes from her apartment complex to her work location (I rode shotgun coaching and DW was in back) and showed her the nearest Publix, Walmart, Target, etc. Then we met her roommates and parents for dinner Monday night at Disney Springs.

Tuesday was move-in day to the Disney apartment with a long morning run to Target for various items for me. The afternoon was nap time (needed) and dinner that night was a quiet romantic dinner for me and DW.

Today we drove home in 10 hours (a little longer than normal) avoiding the ice, slush, snow, and black ice as best as possible. It was fine up I75 to Lake City but we hit the storm/rain front between Lake City and Tallahassee. Dothan was fine gassing up but between there and Montgomery was the worst road conditions (at 1-2pm in the afternoon). Iced bridges and overpasses (usually one lane had two tread lanes cleared down to the pavement) were bad but otherwise shade/ice on highway was only other problem and that was intermittent.

It turned out the interstates and major divided highways were the most wide open which meant lots of sunshine could hit the pavement and we could get traction. So we went a little out of the way to get home by following the major roads. I did attempt a direct, 2-lane highway which proved to be a bad decision but was able to turn around and get back to the highway and resume that route.

After that drive today (and my house was still warm with the dripping faucets we left behind), the Cabernet is flowing tonight :drinking1.

Snowmedic, wish we had time to come by and see you but duty called. But your posts are great - keep up the good work.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter