January 2018..... who will be there?

We are home. Actually made about as good of time can be expected. Hit the storage place in 8 hours. Home before 5 pm. The drive was uneventful, and we are quite happy about that. I took some selfies while I was waiting for bert at the gas station.

5C2A4F21-7A7F-4778-8A08-FB56C6CE41E9.jpeg

D6A044CC-918B-4C76-8CE8-5EED201862F7.jpeg

Almost unpacked and did one load of dog laundry.

Now we wait read trip reports till our next disney trip in April.

Out walking around the four full hookup loops and already seen 2 people with fire pits with no tops. Embers flying everywhere.

Warm sticky buns from P&J’s and hot chocolate for breakfast.

1EA0B082-26F8-4E37-B2A9-915A7513C01F.jpeg

Lots of people packing up and heading out this morning. Went walking around and seen lots of people that we met in March of this past year in the same sites as they had last time.

We have been home from our first ever trip to the Fort for a few days. I can't stop thinking about this wonderful oasis and look very forward to returning soon.

We did not end up checking in early, as I'd originally planned. Due to our weather at home, we did not get as early of a start and pulled in around 3:30pm on Monday, January 8th. Got text with room number just after we turned onto Vista Blvd.:drive:, so we went straight to our cabin, which was in 2400 loop, Settler's Bend. I went to register my dogs and pick up goodie bag the next morning.

We simply loved it. loved the cabin, the campground, the bus drivers, the other guests, the laundry room, the boat to MK, Trail's End, the grounds, Meadow Trading Post. Everything! Our housekeepers and bus drivers were lovely people.

The cabin was really very nice. I wouldn't want to share it with too many other people, but for 2 adults and two pups, it was luxurious.

We had our car and did not rent a golf cart. I can see why people enjoy having one but we don't need one and I was already adding $50/night to my expenses by taking my dogs. We did catch glimpses of some Christmas decorations/lights, which was fun.

After reading many tips here, we took the boat to MK and drove ourselves to the other parks. Worked great.
I was extremely impressed by the internal bus system. There were buses running all the time. Many, many buses and very kind drivers who almost always asked where we were going, and often took us straight there, as we were the only ones on the bus several times.

We have stayed at many of the deluxe resorts and at POR. This was a totally different experience from staying in a hotel. I LOVED having our own little cabin. I fell asleep AND woke up to the sound of rain falling on the roof our first morning :)

Thanks for all the tips and photos here that helped me plan:thanks:

Bama Ed I know you were off property and not in your NORMAL Mobile DVC room but that is really no reason to lose your head and go to pieces. Look at what this trip was for. Be satisfied with your part in raising a young woman to be proud of and enjoy DD's accomplishment

Went to Florida Mall, boy is it big. And if you have any daughters it would be best to stealclear all together, they have an American Girl store and DD spent about an hour in there.

FCEAEC72-9F68-4A29-8D0B-88739535CEF7.jpeg

Got back to camp for some lunch and swimming, and to feed Steve.

EB675FDD-A219-4304-94AA-9B38B7E08DB1.jpeg

Try the New York City store @snowmedic ! The older one is nicer according to the wife. However I know the DD would have a field day in that AG store as well.

Back at camp. The Springs was not to crowded. A little cold out so no drinks, and definitely no Starbucks.

Dinner was at Earl of Sandwich which was real good. We had the Earl’s club a bowl of broccoli cheddar, and ‘lil medic had grilled cheese add in 3 drinks Ann total was 39.00.

D753C948-65DB-4AC8-9090-0AB504241A26.jpeg

Kind of late reading the January trips. Glad all made it to the Fort & back home. We are waiting for a hard wet freeze w/snow tonight. In Central Texas we are not use to ice, sleet & snow. Everything has shut down Tuesday (01/16). Please keep the Jan. great pictures & info.

Here are some day time pics of our site, 1621. We are on the outside of the loop about halfway around. There is no site directly across from us making backing in a trailer or fifth wheel a little easier. We are backed up next to the camel, about 100 feet away.

49DE8C65-B969-489F-8FD5-4182BD1D6672.jpeg

0F381E9C-ECCD-4105-BA44-DD1BB085061A.jpeg

687EBC55-83E9-4817-8CEF-1CA6F75B86B4.jpeg

5A540961-0317-43A4-8CDA-CC30CDD77F06.jpeg

The last pic was taken from the edge of the canal looking back toward the site.

Nice looking site Snowmedic. We are finding the Full sites much quieter than the Premium sites we have stayed at before. In fact we have booked a Full site for next January.

SnowMedic who do you know to get a site that backs up to The Camel? Would love one of them but I fear the kids would just go too nuts looking to play with it. BTW your site looks great and nice to see they haven't installed Kid/Gator proof fences behind 1600-1800 loops yet

Great site Vince! That actually looks amazing with all the grassy area back to the camel.

I'm guessing you didn't have any trouble backing your tent into the site. If I could guarantee that site, I'd book a Full next trip.

j

SnowMedic who do you know to get a site that backs up to The Camel?

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I really should start proof reading these before I post.

Went over to Contemporary for some lunch at Sand Bar.

BE3F3C01-3566-4A6C-8437-A6764807804B.jpeg

Not bad for snack bar food, just about 10.00 per person, with no drinks, we bought the refill mugs earlier.

We are at the pool now,

5EEEA8C2-5616-4434-B54E-A324EB9484C4.jpeg

And getting ready to go back to camp and making dinner and going back to The Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter