January 2018 Weight Loss Challenge

Been a busy morning, just now getting around to checking in.

So not happy about my runny nose, plus I've been in kind of a funky mood which is usually an indication of getting sick. And I'm entirely not OK with getting sick when I've just unraveled what was making me feel crappy.

I worked on clearing out the bedroom closets last night, and for the first time had some emotional responses... up to this point it's been mostly fun to get in to things and get stuff taken care of. But last night was kind of rough, which is actually a good thing because it means I'm digging deeper and sorting thru not just the physical stuff but the emotional stuff as well. Or it could just be the funky mood pre-sick thing.

I am trying really hard not to go down to the store and buy a candy bar. It has been a somewhat rough day. DD fell last night and hit her wrist. The nurse at her school said there is a possibility it is broke. So she if off to the Orthopedic tomorrow morning which will throw my day off tomorrow so I am trying to eat good today. Plus her school is making me so mad which is not helping. 20 more minutes of work and then I will be good. I can do this.

Hope it is not broken!

So not happy about my runny nose, plus I've been in kind of a funky mood which is usually an indication of getting sick. And I'm entirely not OK with getting sick when I've just unraveled what was making me feel crappy.

Stay healthy!!

Woohoo It's Wednesday!

I only have three meetings on my calendar today, and they are all my meetings, quick stand-ups to get status on projects. And I got handed a new project yesterday... bad news is that its at crisis stage because of delays and someone not really doing what he needed to do: good news is that its within the realm of stuff I know about and I know how to work with the primary developer - and its someone who will give it his all to get the work done.

So far I'm feeling better today, so I've got my fingers crossed that it won't develop in to anything more than a runny nose.

Yesterday and today we're having a break in the rain, always appreciated at this time of year. And the days are getting longer... the sun is still up when I get home and in the morning there's barely some light peeking thru on the horizon when I'm at the bus stop. Sunlight is a good thing. The weather is supposed to be pretty good over the weekend too, so I'll be able to get some clean up done outside.

Happy Wednesday everyone... make it a woohoo-able one!

Ugh. Not a particularly good month for me. Okay, week for me. I've been eating all the time, with reckless abandon, and have gained 6 pounds, bringing me to 55 pounds lost, and only a 2.8 pound loss since January 1. Grr. No one to blame but myself. It was a lot of work taking off those 6 pounds, and it's really pissed me off that they're back.

Somehow I have been tying my weight loss success with my ability to exercise, and when I hurt my foot last week, I let everything go. I'm trying to process the the Thought Down Load (per Phit-n-Phat) on not having this happen going forward.

So I'm using that anger about gaining and going back to basics. Walking (now that my foot is better), drinking water, journaling EVERYTHING, and only eating until just satisfied. Here's to a more productive February.

Wow! Wednesday already! Woohoo-- I am starting a juice cleanse on Monday!!! I am hoping this will kick start my February in the right direction. Plus it was an incredible deal! The place I usually go to for juices is doing a community cleanse. There will be an online support group, swag and goodies for participating, AND a $100 credit at the juice place. That more than halves the cost of the cleanse, so I was all in!

I am thinking that I will supplement with some raw fruit and veggies just to not kill anyone though :-)

So now, I am going to try to wean myself off the highly processed foods for the next couple of days to get the best impact... I've been eating my girl scout cookies to get rid of them, but today is my cut off. No more after today!

My foot still hurts like the devil though... but like I said, I am going to try to focus on the cleanse for next week and see where I land. I don't want to be doing extreme workouts while cleansing anyway, so a little yin yoga if my foot can bare it might just be the ticket for a mindful and productive cleanse!

Wow! Wednesday already! Woohoo-- I am starting a juice cleanse on Monday!!! I am hoping this will kick start my February in the right direction. Plus it was an incredible deal! The place I usually go to for juices is doing a community cleanse. There will be an online support group, swag and goodies for participating, AND a $100 credit at the juice place. That more than halves the cost of the cleanse, so I was all in!

I am thinking that I will supplement with some raw fruit and veggies just to not kill anyone though :-)

So now, I am going to try to wean myself off the highly processed foods for the next couple of days to get the best impact... I've been eating my girl scout cookies to get rid of them, but today is my cut off. No more after today!

My foot still hurts like the devil though... but like I said, I am going to try to focus on the cleanse for next week and see where I land. I don't want to be doing extreme workouts while cleansing anyway, so a little yin yoga if my foot can bare it might just be the ticket for a mindful and productive cleanse!

Good luck with that juice cleanse!

upload_2018-1-31_11-22-4.png

Woohoo.......I am still down 2.6 pounds for the month. Not where I wanted to be but I am down.

DD is now in a cast. The ortho couldn't say for sure if it was broke. There is a very faint line in the bone. It could be a break line or it could be the way her wrist is. So she has a cast for 3 weeks then we will know for sure.

Thursday weigh in day for me showed a 2 lb loss. That's 40 lbs total and 9 lbs since January 1st. I am not ready to add in exercise yet, I'll just be honest about that, but I am going to challenge myself to do some extra things around the house. I have just been doing the bare minimum for a while. So that's my goal for February, increase my housekeeping efforts.

Thursday weigh in for me. Two pounds lost, making a total of 42 pounds since September and 11 pounds since January 1st. I'm doing well with my weight loss, but not so much on my goal of stepping up the house keeping. This is my reminder to make this upcoming week better the than the last one!

Jan 1. 239.8
Feb 1. 232.8

230.6 :teeth:
230.8 ......

Jan 1. 239.8
Feb 1. 232.8

230.8 ......
230.2..... :guilty:

slacking on updating.. been hovering around 230 for a week... not complaining but seem to have hit a bit of a wall.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted! I'm working hard and staying on plan and within my points (WW Freestyle) and just finished week 6. I'm down 19.5lbs and feeling so much better! I still need to work on activity and being more active!!

Jan 1. 239.8
Feb 1. 232.8

230.8 ......
230.2..... :guilty:
229.2 ... uncharted territory! :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!