**January 2018 Check-in Thread**

We will be back at Disneyland Jan 11-16th. My daughter will be at a gymnastics meet that weekend at the convention center and then we will be hitting the parks on the other days. We will be staying at the Del Sol. We stayed there this week and got upgraded to the 2 queen+bunk beds room and loved it. It isn't fancy but it really convenient to the parks with large, clean rooms and like I mentioned plenty of bed space at a really low price.

This is my go to hotel too. Ive stayed at del sol twice and our rooms have always been clean and being that close to the park for a low rate is perfect. We are going in a few weeks and back again at the end of January.

Well. We had so much fun at DLR (in the rain) in February 2017 that we're planning to visit again! Last year we stayed five nights and did 4-day Park Hoppers. For 2018, we're booked January 28 - February 3 at the Grand Californian on a very good TA rate. (I was stalking 2018 rates becoming available and finding the best week because after staying at DLH last year, DH is insistent that we try GCH!) With six nights, we'll do 5-day Park Hoppers, most likely from LMT Club again as that worked incredibly well last time.

We're looking forward to hopefully trying some rides that were being refurbished last year, revisiting some favorite experiences from last year, and seeing Fantasmic! (DD has not seen F! at either WDW or DLR and we think she will like it.) DH is super looking forward to being at GCH. For some reason, he is just in love with that hotel.

We may back out of this trip if we hop on a last minute Disney Cruise in December, but for the moment, our DLR plans are locked in!
I was there feb 2017 superbowl week. My son was kinda bummed that grizzly was down and that UP themed area also. No TOT!

We did catch materhorn the first 2 days then it was down the rest of out trip.

Also grand cali had some serious renovations. No pools, plastic sheets in the hallways and morning construction noise.

My sister and I have booked our US trip last week of Jan and first and 2nd week of Feb, can't wait! We are planning to spend at least 5 days at Disney but spread out throughout the trip as she has an annual pass (I'm undecided whether to buy one or not). Hoping there aren't too many rides down!

Hello DISers! :earboy2:

Do you want to chat about your vacation to DLR in January 2018? Come on in!

Feel free to let me know when, and where you are staying so I can keep a list going.

To all who come to this happy place, Welcome! :smickey:

blueskymom: 1st-5th
BandMom1: 2nd-8th VGC
Flattes: 3rd-6th
gsrieff: 5th-9th DLH
Jrsy boy: 8th-12th DI&S
Meriweather: 7th-12th VGC
nikerbokers: 9th-11th
geergirl: 10th-20th
Mom2_3girls: 11th-15th
minniegirl25: 13th-16th
Schmennifer: 14th-19th Camelot
Lalasmama: 16th-20th BW Stovall's Inn
aussiejen: Jan 25th-Feb 9th HOJO
Mermaidhair: 25th-28th
DisneyPiPhi: Jan 28th-Feb 3rd GCH
Kyrkea333: Jan 28th- Feb 3rd Kings Inn
tlcdoula: Jan 28th- Feb 4th Del Sol
Steves1bear: Jan 29th-Feb 3rd Park Vue Inn
Buson808: Jan 31st-Feb 8th VGC
Minnieralyks:
Meriweather:
Scrapshappen:
Add us to the list! We're booked from 1/31to 2/3.

After cancelling a recent trip it looks like we might be going Dec 31st thru the 6th Jan. Will likely avoid the park on the 31st and hang at te hotel which looks like the Paradise Pier.

Bummed to learn yesterday that California Screamin', along with several other things, will be closing on our arrival day for the Pixar Pier re-theming...

Bummed to learn yesterday that California Screamin', along with several other things, will be closing on our arrival day for the Pixar Pier re-theming...
I was bummed too. I recently started actually liking Screamin' so I was looking forward to a few rides on it this trip. Guess not now. Thrilled that Midway Mania will not be closed during that time, though (so far at least!). .... I'll be going again in June 2018, so there will be a lot of new/reimagined/returning things that will be fun to see.

Are we all getting excited ??:yay: I know i am....Havent had a proper holiday in 4 years & that was my last Disney trip...
So excited that my older 2 kids will enjoy it so much more as they will be older & be able to enjoy alot more rides :mickeyjum
And it will be my babies first Disney trip so this trip is super special and I will be there for my Birthday....

The countdown is on ....................down to double digits now !! 79 days to go for me..

10 weeks from today for my trip!

Looks like it is about time for people to start making their dining reservations for those hoping at the beginning of the month!

We are going January 7th - 11th. Super excited! Most of the kids won't know until Christmas morning (my youngest ended up being involved in the planning, she's 12). Big party of 14. We are staying at a house due to our large numbers. Super excited!!!

We've got our trip outlined. We are going during the transition time from Christmas back to regular. Trying to plan what to do, and when to do it was difficult. That also means that a lot of the pier is closing mid trip, and we have to try to work with that. Knowing we would have EMH, and the Festival of Holiday food stands, we ended up with this:

1/5: Arrive in the morning/ BB F! dining package/Fireworks (booked)
1/6: Christmas themed things/ Walk in Walt's footsteps tour (can't book yet)
1/7: Max pass day 1/WOC Season of Light
1/8: Max pass day 2/ Free night
1/9: Goofy's Kitchen breakfast (booked)/Go home that night

I'll get the check-in list updated sometime today. Hope all of your planning is going well. 52 days for us!

I made a dining reservation and booked a birthday cake for my girls' birthday on January 11. We're trying out one of the new flavours - churro cake! We have no idea what other days we will be in the parks though so I need to book our breakfast at Plaza Inn but don't know when to set it. Decisions!

63 more days!

I've gotten my basic plans figured out-- lunch at Cafe Orleans one day (13 months is REALLY TOO LONG to go without good pomme frites!), Walk In Walt's Footsteps any day I can get, and wavering about the Vintage Disneyland night. (Hubs says I should thank DLR for an early night to allow me to hit rope drop the next day. ... But then offered to get me a ticket for my Christmas present. Some help he is, lol!) Still also deciding on a dinner ressie for a night show.

Pre-packing had started--but to be fair, my pre-packing is almost always started; I just keep a lot of it in my carry-on. I'm trying to figure out my clothes now to know if I need to find anything new before the trip.

Ack! Just 9 weeks!

Even though they cancelled the RunDisney events in January, we are still planning to come. Right now we are booked 13-16th at the Double Tree but we might add a day at the beginning and end as well.

Dining done.
I arrive the 7th. Hope to get on Screamin' but that will depend on the line. I won't get there until afternoon.

It's starting to get real now!

I bought our 3 day park hoppers last week with the Canadian resident offer (it was frustrating as the Disney site wasn't working and I was on hold for HOURS with various reps - they wouldn't allow me to book by phone. I ended up giving up and booking at the same price through expedia.ca!)

I was able to secure the dining reservations we wanted: Jan 3rd WOC Dessert Party, Jan 4th Rainforest Cafe lunch, Jan 5th Fantasmic RBT premium dining

We hope to get to Anaheim around 11am on Jan 3rd, drop off our bags at Homewood Suites and then head to the parks for lunchtime. It's a Wednesday so hoping it won't be insanely busy (though I believe it is the first day that annual pass holders are allowed back in?) IF we are able to get in we will spend most of the afternoon/evening doing whatever we can do and then see WOC before heading back to the hotel.

Jan 4th we will use the magic morning to get into the parks early and hopefully get the popular rides out of the way (though what these are we don't actually know!). We will have lunch at Rainforest cafe, have a leisurely afternoon and then head back to the hotel early evening for dinner.

Jan 5th we will try to get to the park around 10am (hoping that won't be TOO late) and just take things as we find them. We have Fantasmic that evening and I don't want us to be burned out beforehand!

Jan 6th we leave at an insane time of the morning (7am flight to Canada from LAX).....

So, all you experts, what are the top 5 MUST DO/CANNOT MISS? I am with a 10 year old who loves rides but HATES 4D type effects (she even has trouble watching a 3D movie so add in the extra sensations and she is freaked!) and a 6 year old who enjoys the tame rides but very timid. The 6 year old has some special needs and isn't great at standing for extended periods so waiting in lines might be an issue.

Getting VERY excited now!

January 13th to January 17th.

We just changed our Las Vegas trip to a Disney / Vegas trip. I'm thinking the 13th through 17th in the Disney area, and then the 17th to the 20th in Las Vegas. We've changed our arrival flight from LAS to LAX, and booked a car from LAX to LAS, but still trying to decide on a hotel near Disney!

We were just in in Disney World at the end of October, so I'm trying to keep this trip low budget. It's a lot harder to find a good low budget hotel near Disneyland than Disney World. We just stayed in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchen, timeshare resort near DW, for $145/night. It's looking like $145 for one king room near DL. So, it may cost the DH and I as much as it cost for all 6 of us in DW.

Any recommendations on cheap, clean hotels near DL? Free parking preferred.

Also...I don't know ANYTHING about restaurants at DL. Are there any must do's in DL, like BOG in DW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts