Jan vs Feb

Disneylovingmomof2

DIS Veteran
hi all!!
My family and I were just in WDW this past Feb for a week (first week of the month). Currently working on plans to go back for a 2019 trip. I was looking at the last week in Jan and the first week of Feb. I know there is the Pro Bowl and a few cheer competitions during those times. When we were there this past Feb we saw a few cheer groups, some Argentinian groups, and it was pretty crowded but we still had a good time. The weather was warmer than normal so we got to swim pretty much every day.
I’m guessing as far as weather the last week of Jan vs first week of Feb wouldn’t make any huge difference. Anyone been on trips during these times and have a preference?

Not wanting to hi-jack your thread but I may I ask you a couple of questions? For our 2021 trip I am looking at the last week of Jan and the 1st week of Feb. (we have a birthday to celebrate on Feb 2nd). What were the crowds like at that time in Feb and what was the weather?

It was actually really warm — we were there 2/3-2/10. On 2/4 it started raining in the afternoon but we had already gotten all of our FPs done so we went back and hung out at our resort. We swam in the afternoon four of the days we were there. It was absolutely lovely but you definitely needed shorts and a T-shirt for the parks so definitely pack for all weather.
I wouldn’t call it low crowds for that week we were there. I had a very good plan as far as park touring/FP and dining reservations, though. It was a great trip and definitely not as hot as the trip we took in April during spring break!

It was actually really warm — we were there 2/3-2/10. On 2/4 it started raining in the afternoon but we had already gotten all of our FPs done so we went back and hung out at our resort. We swam in the afternoon four of the days we were there. It was absolutely lovely but you definitely needed shorts and a T-shirt for the parks so definitely pack for all weather.
I wouldn’t call it low crowds for that week we were there. I had a very good plan as far as park touring/FP and dining reservations, though. It was a great trip and definitely not as hot as the trip we took in April during spring break!
Thanks but the crowds have to be lower than we suffered in early June. We had 8's and 9s at almost every park every day.

We went in 2009, 2016, 2017 and 2018 right around those weeks. The difference between the two weeks, in terms of crowds and weather is negligible, now. 2009 was definitely lower crowds. But, in 2016-2018 the crowds were higher than 2009, but were not as bad as most other times of the year. The weather is most likely to be a high in the 70s....BUT (big but) it is the low that makes the difference. The temperature is closer to the low for most of the day than it is to the high, if that makes sense. The low can drop into the 30s. it is likely to be in the 40s or low 50s when you wake up and before you go to bed. Plan clothes based on the low temp. It is less likely to rain than in summer but if it does rain, it is more likely to last longer than a brief afternoon storm as in summer. The cooler temperatures makes for an easier time spending all day in the parks. Very pleasant.

I know historically it used to be a low crowd time....

I was there Jan 28-Feb 1 in 2013 and mostly everything was practically a walk on. But that was still in the days of the paper FP...so I'm not sure if it's still relevant. The one thing I do remember is how early everything closed.

In addition to looking at the date for the Pro Bowl and cheering competitions, I would suggest approaching Presidents' Day weekend with caution - from our experience, that weekend seems a lot more crowded than others in that time period (unless, like us and the rest of the crowd, you really need that extra day not missing work/school)

Avoid President's Day week, it usually has the Princess Marathon attached at one end. It's super crowed - like Spring Break crowded.
We are going first week of Feb. Crowds will be MUCH more manageable and I can't wait to go when it's not hot and humid. After this past trip in June, I decided no more. I won't go there during the mean season anymore. We have flexibility in travel dates, so made the decision to avoid the summer from now on.

I know you didn't ask about early January, but we go the first week of the year (after new years) every year and it's an amazing time to go.
The Christmas decorations are still up for a few days (which is especially amazing inside Be Our Guest). And it's always been warm enough to swim every day! I recommend considering an arrival date of Sunday Jan 6th!
IMHO Disney is crowded no matter when I go...

We were there this year 1/29-2/4. The parks were more crowded than we were expecting but looking at the historical crowds on touringplans it looks like the crowds were about the same for both weeks. We just booked the same week for 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!