Jan 6th private VIP trip report - I was always looking for a report of this

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
4 of us went. We went the week Jan 2 to Jan 7 th. Wait times were long for rides during that week. We started our tour at 12:30pm and went to 7:30pm.

AK officially opened at 8am. In am hit AK at 730a, line was already to africa for FOP. We hit Navi with 10 min wait. Went to Africa for safari was was never going to make it and back for FP for FOP 9:25a window. Hit Starbucks on the way back ~ waited 20 precious minutes for a breakfast sandwich! Also had stuff from their grab and go. Everest was not running , I think cause our FP changed to any ride. After FOP made it to Everest it was up, so DS and I rode it twice in the front row. Then we left the park went for lunch out of park -picky eaters- then we started at HS for with guide. Picked up guide at oscars. His name was Raymond, he weaved his way through the crowd and we followed him, dude we had a jog a few steps a couple of times to catch him. He asked our plans in the beginning and then we were off. We hit
STar tours
Slinky dog
Alien saucers
TSM x 2
Stop for drinks snacks
RR was back up; so that front row
Then tower of terror
Out that back way to MK we were given water and snacks.
MK started with Buzz x 2- went in the exit guide said FP line too long!
Space Mountain x 2
7DMT
Carousel
Stopped 2 shoot guns for the guys and dole whip for me with mobile order.
JC
HM
DH got food at PECO while we did BTRR, DD got an ice cream just off that ride.
DH and DD got dropped off at fireworks spot reserved for tours.
DS and I hit SM x 3. That was our 7 hours. Our guide left us.
DS and I grabbed hotdogs at launch pad and booked it to viewing area for fireworks.
DD wanted Casey’s we mobile it and picked it up as we went by. We bused back to HS for our car.

It was the best ~ walking the park in one direction and riding the rides as we came to them. And they let us sit in the reserved viewing area without our guide.

We had $1000 Disney rewards to go towards it and we like to do a ultimate tour that cost $1200 for 4, so I just put that money towards the this tour.

Last edited by yeahdisney1; 01-07-2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Word

Thanks for this. My husband just said the other day that we will do this for our twentieth anniversary in two years. I can hardly wait. Such a good idea to meet later so that you have the guide for the evening. I hadn’t thought of that. No need to rope drop, right?

How does the park-to-park transfer work with the VIP tour? Did you take the bus to get from AK to MK? Do you have to re-enter through security?

We drove ourselves from AK to HS. CM drove us from HS to MK went out a back way and arrived behind the scenes. CM greeted us and scanned our tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter