Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just got back from a week at Jambo and LOVED EVERY second of it! It is "far from everything" no further then anything else I experienced! I mean I timed it getting to Disney Springs was a haul and also to the MK, that park felt like it was far from everything else in WDW. No issues with the resort and would not hesitate in staying here again, I think we have found our "home" resort........

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020
If you have any updates please let me know…
August
8/22 - 8/30 Jennie2003 - AKL
8/22 - 9/3 donnaf516 - AKL
8/25 - 9/1 Princess Michele - AKL
September
8/30 - 9/2 e_yerger AKL Jambo
9/2 - 9/7 DanielleRhymesWithBelle - AKL
9/2 - 9/10 sethschroeder AKL
9/3 - 9/10 Micharlotte AKL
9/3 - 9/17 Welsh_Dragon AKL
9/5 - 9/10 TinkerBelle_325 AKL CL
9/6 - 9/15 SealedSeven - AKL
9/7 - 9/13 Jennasis - AKL
9/7 - 9/14 TangledHairDon'tCare AKV Jambo
9/9 - 9/19 BabyFu18 - AKL
9/14 - 9/28 bigskip - AKL CL
9/14 - 9/16 ShayBells - AKL
9/22 - 10/2 SaraJR - AKL Disneymoon
9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani
October
10/1 - 10/10 wifey - AKL
10/4 - 10/6 CarolinaBlue99 - AKL
10/20 - 10/26 Ali Carlson - AKL
10/26 - 11/1 melana - AKL-Jambo
10/27 - 10/30 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
November
10/31 - 11/7 Kc0912 - AKL
11/7 - 11/10 DisneyDiana - Kidani
11/7 - 11/16 Rowlf the Dog - AKL
11/12 - 11/17 minie_meese - AKL Jambo
11/16 - 11/18 RADOPT - AKL CL
11/16 - 11/24 rubysparkles - AKL
11/20 - 11/26 carlythecat - AKL
11/23 - 11/28 Shelleyfs - AKV
11/24 - 12/1 Jon84 - AKL
11/25 - 11/29 SarahC97 - AKL
December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL
January
12/29 - 1/4 ChanellF - AKL Jambo
1/8 - 1/13 lahobbs4 - AKV-Jambo
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/17 - 1/18 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL
February
2/4 - 2/12 Mollygirl21 - AKV
2/14 - 2/20 MadMadamMim1 - Kidani
March
3/22-3/26 jennf - AKL Jambo
April
4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
May
5/24 - 5/29 karen4546 - AKV Jambo
June
6/60-06/12 malissa90 - AKL
6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV
July
August
I'm going for my wedding from 1st-15th October 2020 x

26 days until we arrive at Jambo House! I'm working through some details and have a couple questions:

1. We won't need enough to place an Amazon Prime Now order or the like, but would like to have a granola bar for a small breakfast before leaving for EEMH. Does Zawadi Marketplace sell boxes of granola bars or something similar. I know we'll pay a resort mark-up. (Would pack in my suitcase, but we are super minimalist packers and are carry-on only).

2. Does anyone who has been there recently know if the animals are still out more on the Arusha savanna in the late afternoons/evenings? That's what I'd read before, and we've been planning our touring around being in the resort late afternoon/evening to enjoy the animal views.

Thanks so much!

26 days until we arrive at Jambo House! I'm working through some details and have a couple questions:

1. We won't need enough to place an Amazon Prime Now order or the like, but would like to have a granola bar for a small breakfast before leaving for EEMH. Does Zawadi Marketplace sell boxes of granola bars or something similar. I know we'll pay a resort mark-up. (Would pack in my suitcase, but we are super minimalist packers and are carry-on only).

2. Does anyone who has been there recently know if the animals are still out more on the Arusha savanna in the late afternoons/evenings? That's what I'd read before, and we've been planning our touring around being in the resort late afternoon/evening to enjoy the animal views.

Thanks so much!

Here is a copy of the DVC grocery order form which will give you an idea of what the marketplace typically stocks: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...sorts/dakl-villas-and-kidani-grocery-list.pdf

It is difficult to predict the animals. They go into their barns for a short time period every morning for check ups, but other than that they are just walking around the savannas eating, so whether you see them depends on where they are snacking in relation to your room.

Thanks so much!

I did see lots of "snacks" in the main gift shop down stairs but could not tell what brand they were and I am sure there were some very close to those bars and we stayed in the Kudu Trail @ Jambo House and saw plenty of animals, even the night safaris out and about. We were told that the animals are free to roam and for the most part do not go into the barns unless there is bad weather coming. Zebra's, Giraffes and plenty of others roaming all hours of the day and night! We found them to be most active after the keepers cleaned and stocked the hiding places with food and early evenings. We even had 2 Giraffes lay down in the area of our view at night, such a cool sight to see those animals roaming out when looking from the balcony.....

Does anyone know if there is a fold out bed in the king rooms? We need to add a night to the beginning of our trip due to an airline ticket snafu. All that is available at AKL is a standard King room. My 10 year old DD refuses to sleep with me. Lol!! I'm hoping there is a fold out bed of some sort. Or maybe a cot? It's just for one night.

Does anyone know if there is a fold out bed in the king rooms? We need to add a night to the beginning of our trip due to an airline ticket snafu. All that is available at AKL is a standard King room. My 10 year old DD refuses to sleep with me. Lol!! I'm hoping there is a fold out bed of some sort. Or maybe a cot? It's just for one night.

No, there is no fold out nor any cots available. Your best bet would be to bring or ship an air mattress.

We had a Sofa Bed in a King Room @ Jambo, this was pre refurb though (Jan18)

Damn! Could you link the images, be interested to see what they've done with the space
I would link to the review with pictures but it is on a "Site That Must Not Be Named". 🤪 I'll see if I can get a couple of photos attached.

DAKL-Refurbished-Rooms-18-1200x900.jpg

DAKL-Refurbished-Rooms-19-1200x900.jpg

DAKL-Refurbished-Rooms-23-1200x900.jpg

Just got back from a week at Jambo and LOVED EVERY second of it! It is "far from everything" no further then anything else I experienced! I mean I timed it getting to Disney Springs was a haul and also to the MK, that park felt like it was far from everything else in WDW. No issues with the resort and would not hesitate in staying here again, I think we have found our "home" resort........
....well, what do ya know? Another 'convert'! :rotfl:

Sorry if this has been asked a million but does anyone have a link to the touringplans room request form? I can't find it anywhere on the site! Am I right in thinking I have to pay to subscribe to use the form? Thank you!

Sorry if this has been asked a million but does anyone have a link to the touringplans room request form? I can't find it anywhere on the site! Am I right in thinking I have to pay to subscribe to use the form? Thank you!

Yes, you are correct. It's part of the paid subscription.

Thanks so much!

What the other posters have said about animals having free roam of their savannahs is true and if the keepers call the animals back to their barns it is usually late morning when less people are at the resort. Besides that, the animals are unpredictable... for the most part. Every day the Wanyama Safari takes place, so the keepers stock up all the areas where they feed the animals with food to draw them out and get as many as they can close to the path the truck takes. The safari meets at about 3:15, so anywhere between 3-5:30 or so is really as close to peak predictability you can get (but is still no guarantee). There are also the 2 Starlight Safaris that go on every night with the same routine (but are harder to see because it is night time and that safari gives you a night vision scope to use).

I am finally getting to stay here! I mean it's a short, birthday trip but I'll take it! Dec 12-15 for us! Am soooo excited!
December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/10 - 12/17 Nancyg56 - AKL
12/12 - 12/15 softballmom3 - AKL
12/13 - 12/18 AKL Jambo
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!