Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Can you tell me which of those numbers are the value 1 bedrooms?

The 1-bedrooms from my list are: Giraffe Trail 5004 (just off the lobby). Also 5030 (which was an obstructed pool view - but very quiet!)

Ostrich Trail: 5136 (Sunset Savannah view).

Hope that info helps!

Thanks for all the information. This is our first trip to DW and as DVC members. I saw a PP mention "DVC" rooms; are there floors/ rooms blocked just for DVC members and where are they located? I wish I had come on this board before booking! We are booked for a 1 bedroom Savanna villa in Jambo.

Thanks for all the information. This is our first trip to DW and as DVC members. I saw a PP mention "DVC" rooms; are there floors/ rooms blocked just for DVC members and where are they located? I wish I had come on this board before booking! We are booked for a 1 bedroom Savanna villa in Jambo.
...did you check out the map on the previous page?

I did, I must have missed that Kidani had a DVC area but Jambo didn't. Curious if it really matters?
Nevermind, I answered my own question. Kidani is actually a better value if you can get it. Almost 200 sq. ft. bigger and a 2nd bathroom.

There are rooms facing the parking lot, however, if you walk those 2 halls you will not see "DVC" logos on those rooms! :thumbsup2

I have a list of every room I've stayed in (since I started keeping track in May 2002!) so I just checked my list! I have 12 stays in "Value" studios or 1-bedrooms and have always had a pool or savannah view. All the room #'s have been even numbered: 5004, 5006, 5112 (twice), 5114 (twice), 5016, 5020, 5030, 5136, 5124 (twice).

I'm a little confused by the DVC logos part of your comment- we don't have DVC and booked our value studio through Disney. Does that mean something for our room assignment? Thanks for your help!

....and hers' the pic:

akl.jpg
That's the same picture that I sent..LoL

I'm a little confused by the DVC logos part of your comment- we don't have DVC and booked our value studio through Disney. Does that mean something for our room assignment? Thanks for your help!

Next to the room numbers of each room, if it is a "Villa" there will be a *DVC Logo* indicating that room is not a regular resort room, but a Villa. I wish I had a photo to show you what I mean!

The door logo is unique to AKL-Jambo because Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo is a resort that has some DVC rooms where Kidani is all DVC villas! It makes no difference how you booked the reservation. If you are booked into a Villa - in this case a "Value Villa" - that is exactly what you will get! No worries!

And I stand by my statement that there are no parking lot views for Value Villas! ;)

Edited to add: This is what the logo by the door will look like:
vpp596753LARGE.jpg

And I stand by my statement that there are no parking lot views for Value Villas! ;)
Interesting - according to another site which is dedicated to DVC & keeps a searchable inventory of DVC villas - value villas 5135 (1 br.,) 5131 & 5133 (studios) are parking lot views. We always have stayed AKV savanna view, so I haven't wandered down Ostrich or Giraffe trails and have no personal knowledge.
I may grab a 1 br. value for our trip next Dec. if one is available next week when my 11 month window opens up to save points & w/ my 'view' luck I'd end up in 5135.

Interesting - according to another site which is dedicated to DVC & keeps a searchable inventory of DVC villas - value villas 5135 (1 br.,) 5131 & 5133 (studios) are parking lot views. We always have stayed AKV savanna view, so I haven't wandered down Ostrich or Giraffe trails and have no personal knowledge.
I may grab a 1 br. value for our trip next Dec. if one is available next week when my 11 month window opens up to save points & w/ my 'view' luck I'd end up in 5135.

OK, I guess you are correct; however, those villas would overlook the front of the resort, but not really be what I'd consider "parking lot views" since the parking is a bit removed! And those 3 rooms are not near the buses so I think they'd be quiet! ;)

I think this is what is confusing to me, the Disney site says "Views of Landscape or Parking Area" for the AKV Jambo House Studio Villas (attaching a screenshot). No mention of any possibility of savanna, and definitely includes the possibility of parking lot view.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 8.14.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 8.14.23 PM.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 17
Next to the room numbers of each room, if it is a "Villa" there will be a *DVC Logo* indicating that room is not a regular resort room, but a Villa. I wish I had a photo to show you what I mean!

The door logo is unique to AKL-Jambo because Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo is a resort that has some DVC rooms where Kidani is all DVC villas! It makes no difference how you booked the reservation. If you are booked into a Villa - in this case a "Value Villa" - that is exactly what you will get! No worries!

Just curious, to what you were referring to....I was under the impression that all 5th floor was converted to DVC @ Jambo house. Therefore some of the rooms would be facing inward & some facing outward....If that is true, and only values are facing the landscape/pool/some savannas, then paying more for a standard room would most likely get you a worse room?:confused3. * and in worse I mean a lesser view? aka parking area... If that makes sense....I'm not questioning whether or not you are correct or incorrect, just would like to know for future visits possibly, that's all.
T.I.A.

This might really help you out:

G2qaSva.png

OK, I guess you are correct; however, those villas would overlook the front of the resort, but not really be what I'd consider "parking lot views" since the parking is a bit removed! And those 3 rooms are not near the buses so I think they'd be quiet! ;)

Just curious, to what you were referring to....I was under the impression that all 5th floor was converted to DVC @ Jambo house. Therefore some of the rooms would be facing inward & some facing outward....If that is true, and only values are facing the landscape/pool/some savannas, then paying more for a standard room would most likely get you a worse room?:confused3. * and in worse I mean a lesser view? aka parking area... If that makes sense....I'm not questioning whether or not you are correct or incorrect, just would like to know for future visits possibly, that's all.
T.I.A.
If you look at Kimmar's diagram - the orange highlighted areas are supposed to be the value villas - the even numbered rooms and a couple of the odd numbered ones on Ostrich & Giraffe trail were converted to DVC villas, but most of the odd numbered rooms (which happen to be the front facing/potential parking lot view rooms) on the 5th floor remained regular hotel rooms.
The rest of the 5th floor did convert to DVC and the 'standard' view villas (blue in Kimmar's diagram) face the pool or have partial/limited savanna view (and none are Arusha savanna view) so no way to get a parking lot/front view w/ a standard view villa.
I'm no expert - this is just what my research has dug up & who knows if DVC actually built out all the villas in Jambo that they originally planned.
And for those reading along :) - the DVC categories and views described above are not the same as Disney's Jambo hotel room view choices.

Last edited:
If you look at Kimmar's diagram - the orange highlighted areas are supposed to be the value villas - the even numbered rooms and a couple of the odd numbered ones on Ostrich & Giraffe trail were converted to DVC villas, but most of the odd numbered rooms (which happen to be the front facing/potential parking lot view rooms) on the 5th floor remained regular hotel rooms.
The rest of the 5th floor did convert to DVC and the 'standard' view villas (blue in Kimmar's diagram) face the pool or have partial/limited savanna view (and none are Arusha savanna view) so no way to get a parking lot/front view w/ a standard view villa.
I'm no expert - this is just what my research has dug up & who knows if DVC actually built out all the villas in Jambo that they originally planned.
And for those reading along :) - the DVC categories and views described above are not the same as Disney's Jambo hotel room view choices.
VEry good Indeed ! Watson...... I say Cheerio pip pip.:thumbsup2 Thanks very much for the clarification....

DizDaD

Thanks for the thread - my girls (16 and 13) and I are staying (for the first time, ever!) at AKL Feb 4-11… so excited! And, seeing the pics of the room in this thread made us even more excited! Thanks, again!
February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Fosterlovesmickey, 4th - 11th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 11th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

disneyAndi14, 16th - 23rd, AKL

We are staying Oct 2-11, we have rented points and managed to secure a value studio in Jambo House, we are used to ASP and POR, this is our first stay at AKL and don't know what to expect. Can anyone tell me where abouts the value studio are located, I am not picky about views. Plus any must dos at the resort, we have eaten at Boma once already.
October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2017 & 2018

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

Monacoplc, Dec 23rd - 10th, AKL

Nayoung, Dec 30th - 10th, AKL

Momof2gr8kids, 1st - 7th, Jambo House

Parismeow, 4th - 18th, AKL

Trishadono, 15th - 20th, AKL CL

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Hockeybabe, 22nd - 24th, Kidani

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 30th - 31st, ASM

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

February

Ericar, Jan 30th - 6th, AKL

Fosterlovesmickey, 4th - 11th, AKL

Jen4400, 4th - 11th, AKL

Bozley0621, 7th - 12th, AKL

Javamoma, 8th - 11th, AKL

Crostorfer, 14th - 17th, AKL

disneyAndi14, 16th - 23rd, AKL

March

Dwheaton, 18th - 24th, AKL

Sparkyco, 17th - 25th, AKL CL

April

Katiedid36, 1st - 8th, AKL

Momtwoboys, 17th - 24th, AKV

May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

June

Mlunsford, May 28th - 3rd, AKV

Capang, 6th - 14th, AKL

Kamikazecat, 22nd - July 6th, Jambo House

July

August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

September

October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

November

December

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!