Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

....I'm officially a mother-in-law!

enhance

.....all the Marino cousins!

Staying one night no parks just wanting to soak in the atmosphere and animals. Myself and kids 17.13,6 any advice on things not to miss..
we are staying Jambo House dec SV, daughter loves giraffes and son is obsessed with flamingos

This is the best way to enjoy the resort. The atmosphere there is everything for me, so relaxing. Try to go over to kidani to see the giraffes, they are at Jambo too, but I find them more often at Kidani. Maybe take the kids to eat at the Mara at Jambo and then venture out to the pool area to eat and enjoy the flamingos that are usually near the watering hole near the pool there.

Just take in the African vibes, artwork, talk to the African CM's and learn about their countries and traditions. Look into the cultural activities schedule they have at the resorts. Jambo has a time at night when they roast marshmallows around the firepit out on the animal overlook.

Have fun! It's my favorite!

crap should I switch to Kidani ?

QUOTE="TikiBabe, post: 60602819, member: 636876"]This is the best way to enjoy the resort. The atmosphere there is everything for me, so relaxing. Try to go over to kidani to see the giraffes, they are at Jambo too, but I find them more often at Kidani. Maybe take the kids to eat at the Mara at Jambo and then venture out to the pool area to eat and enjoy the flamingos that are usually near the watering hole near the pool there.

Just take in the African vibes, artwork, talk to the African CM's and learn about their countries and traditions. Look into the cultural activities schedule they have at the resorts. Jambo has a time at night when they roast marshmallows around the firepit out on the animal overlook.

Have fun! It's my favorite![/QUOTE]

QUOTE="TikiBabe, post: 60602819, member: 636876"]This is the best way to enjoy the resort. The atmosphere there is everything for me, so relaxing. Try to go over to kidani to see the giraffes, they are at Jambo too, but I find them more often at Kidani. Maybe take the kids to eat at the Mara at Jambo and then venture out to the pool area to eat and enjoy the flamingos that are usually near the watering hole near the pool there.

Have fun! It's my favorite!
[/QUOTE]

No. You will see the giraffes at both (the animals roam). Plus, Kidani is all DVC, Jambo is the main resort with regular hotel rooms and some DVC, it also has the more grand lobby, the kids will love it.

The savanna visible from Kidani village which has giraffes is Sunset savanna which is also visible from Jambo house along Kudu and Ostrich trails.
There are also giraffes on Arusha savanna which is visible from Kudu and Zebra trails in Jambo House and Uzima savanna which is visible from Zebra trail in Jambo house.
Lots of giraffes to be seen :)

We are Dvc just having to pay cash as riviera isn’t open.. would I get more perks ? And why is it bookable cash if all dvc ?

No. You will see the giraffes at both (the animals roam). Plus, Kidani is all DVC, Jambo is the main resort with regular hotel rooms and some DVC, it also has the more grand lobby, the kids will love it.[/QUOTE]

We are Dvc just having to pay cash as riviera isn’t open.. would I get more perks ? And why is it bookable cash if all dvc ?

No. You will see the giraffes at both (the animals roam). Plus, Kidani is all DVC, Jambo is the main resort with regular hotel rooms and some DVC, it also has the more grand lobby, the kids will love it.
[/QUOTE]

No perks.

I would definitely check it out if you have time in your schedule. We stay at Jambo and we generally go over to splash area at Kidani at least once during our stay on a resort day, my kids (4, 7 & 10) love it. The benefits of the Kidani pool are the great splash area and also the tiny toddler slide if your child isn't yet ready for the big slides. Both pools have playgrounds adjacent to them, activities scheduled, zero entry and great slides.

If you are going to the parks every day commando style and don't have much down time scheduled I would skip it, you'll be happy with the pool at Jambo.

Thank you ! Our kid is going to be just turning 3 and loves slides. Is there a toddler swimming slide at jambo? We have 3 days at AKL scheduled 4 hrs everyday of resort afternoom time.

[/QUOTE]

I am confused on why Riviera has anything to do with you booking a room at AKV. If the rooms are available you should be able to book it once the 7 month window opens. That should be around now for this Dec.

Disney always has some DVC rooms to book for cash. Definitely more expensive compared to renting points.

I was too and I was told my points were issued to me dec 1019 also true but we can’t stay anywhere until riviera opens while is dec 16. Thisvtrip was booked prior to us buying into dvc

I am confused on why Riviera has anything to do with you booking a room at AKV. If the rooms are available you should be able to book it once the 7 month window opens. That should be around now for this Dec.

Disney always has some DVC rooms to book for cash. Definitely more expensive compared to renting points.[/QUOTE]

Thank you ! Our kid is going to be just turning 3 and loves slides. Is there a toddler swimming slide at jambo? We have 3 days at AKL scheduled 4 hrs everyday of resort afternoom time.

I don't believe the Jambo pool has a toddler sized slide like Kidani does, although you will see plenty of toddlers going down the regular slide!

I was too and I was told my points were issued to me dec 1019 also true but we can’t stay anywhere until riviera opens while is dec 16. Thisvtrip was booked prior to us buying into dvc

Weird. I would think if you have points available for Dec you could use the points at the beginning of the month regardless. Good to know for future reference.

Weird. I would think if you have points available for Dec you could use the points at the beginning of the month regardless. Good to know for future reference.

I can see the point, since they need the rooms at Riviera to balance the points sold. Otherwise, you'd have people who own at Riviera booking rooms elsewhere, but no rooms at Riviera to balance out the demand. Not sure that made sense, but it works in my head! Still frustrating for people trying to plan vacations, though!

Exactly I totally get it just frustrating as we already had a trip booked( non Disney ) for start of dec . So paying everything at this point but can’t stay sucks

I can see the point, since they need the rooms at Riviera to balance the points sold. Otherwise, you'd have people who own at Riviera booking rooms elsewhere, but no rooms at Riviera to balance out the demand. Not sure that made sense, but it works in my head! Still frustrating for people trying to plan vacations, though!

Any idea if AK lodge renovations on the rooms will be done or what sections have mostly been renovated?

Our trip isn’t until much later this year and I just wanted to check in on the current status of it, especially since I have been hearing some people being being moved due to this!

Also is it possible to request a renovated room? I know we tried two years ago when pop century was under renovations, but the cast member we spoke to upon arrival was extremely rude to us and blew us off (including with a host of other questions). So we never even found out if there was one available (the cast member didn’t even bother to look).

Any idea if AK lodge renovations on the rooms will be done or what sections have mostly been renovated?

Our trip isn’t until much later this year and I just wanted to check in on the current status of it, especially since I have been hearing some people being being moved due to this!

Also is it possible to request a renovated room? I know we tried two years ago when pop century was under renovations, but the cast member we spoke to upon arrival was extremely rude to us and blew us off (including with a host of other questions). So we never even found out if there was one available (the cast member didn’t even bother to look).
You can certainly request a renovated room. It's a request, though, so not guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter