Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

This may be a problem. Right now we have a standard studio room with 1 queen and a sofa bed . I have been thinking of getting a standard view room just to get the two queen beds. There may be a fight on who has to sleep on the sofa bed:rotfl:

I think the ones in the studios are the same as those in the 1 bedrooms, my husband and I slept on one for a week, not something I recommend or care to repeat.

This may be a problem. Right now we have a standard studio room with 1 queen and a sofa bed . I have been thinking of getting a standard view room just to get the two queen beds. There may be a fight on who has to sleep on the sofa bed:rotfl:

Studios are great for couples as you get a bed and a sofa, but if you need two beds I'd definitely go for a normal hotel room.

Studios are great for couples as you get a bed and a sofa, but if you need two beds I'd definitely go for a normal hotel room.
My worry is being far away from the buses, food, and pool. Which would give us a better chance of being close to that the standard room or standard studio? I also dont want a parking lot view.

Last edited:

My worry is being far away from the buses, food, and pool. Which would give us a better chance of being close to that the standard room or standard studio? I also dont want a parking lot view.

With a standard studio you definitely will not get a parking lot view, as those studios facing the parking lot are all value studios (a different booking category), but you have a fair chance of getting a parking lot view with a standard view hotel room.

You could end up with a room far away with either room category, but the chances of a far away room are higher if you ask for “not a parking lot view” with a standard view hotel room because the standard rooms not looking at the parking lot are either overlooking the “people pens” or are instructed by a roof or etc. I had a standard view room once that was allllllll the way at the end of Kudu trail with a view of the giraffe and zebra barn. We loved it for the animal viewing but it was a long way from the lobby.

Either way I would just make a location request to be close to the lobby and don’t be afraid to ask at check in if your room location isn’t what you were hoping for.

With a standard studio you definitely will not get a parking lot view, as those studios facing the parking lot are all value studios (a different booking category), but you have a fair chance of getting a parking lot view with a standard view hotel room.

You could end up with a room far away with either room category, but the chances of a far away room are higher if you ask for “not a parking lot view” with a standard view hotel room because the standard rooms not looking at the parking lot are either overlooking the “people pens” or are instructed by a roof or etc. I had a standard view room once that was allllllll the way at the end of Kudu trail with a view of the giraffe and zebra barn. We loved it for the animal viewing but it was a long way from the lobby.

Either way I would just make a location request to be close to the lobby and don’t be afraid to ask at check in if your room location isn’t what you were hoping for.
Ok thank you! I will request close to the lobby. I bet that is a request asked for a lot.would it be worth it to book a pool view room? It cost more than the standard and the studio room though.

Ok thank you! I will request close to the lobby. I bet that is a request asked for a lot.would it be worth it to book a pool view room? It cost more than the standard and the studio room though.

Hopefully someone who travels with a bigger party will give you their opinion - I don’t have kids and love coffee so we like the studio rooms better :teeth:

Personally I would probably rather save the money and roll the dice on getting the room aspects you request with just a location request. AKL has been the best for me in coming through on my room requests. When I asked to be close to the lobby in the past I got the first room on the hall just off the lobby or a room that has a door actually overlooking the lobby. Neither of them had great views but they weren’t parking lot views either. Unfortunately I think they were both studios, sorry I can’t remember. But those rooms on lower floors might be standard view regular hotel rooms.

Hopefully someone who travels with a bigger party will give you their opinion - I don’t have kids and love coffee so we like the studio rooms better :teeth:

Personally I would probably rather save the money and roll the dice on getting the room aspects you request with just a location request. AKL has been the best for me in coming through on my room requests. When I asked to be close to the lobby in the past I got the first room on the hall just off the lobby or a room that has a door actually overlooking the lobby. Neither of them had great views but they weren’t parking lot views either. Unfortunately I think they were both studios, sorry I can’t remember. But those rooms on lower floors might be standard view regular hotel rooms.
Ok thank you:thumbsup2

If anyone is currently staying at AKL, would you be able to send me a picture of the Private Dining menu please? Specifically the breakfast section and the section with the white wines. I need to get something ordered as a surprise for my wife.

Thank you!

Anyone have updates on construction going on around AKL? I remember hearing it was just room refurbs. We arrive in a couple weeks and just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

I am curious, too! I am thinking about booking at AKL in July, and I am wondering if the rooms are currently receiving new furnishings. That'd be a plus that would help me make my decision! Any news at all on what is being done to the resort?

I am curious, too! I am thinking about booking at AKL in July, and I am wondering if the rooms are currently receiving new furnishings. That'd be a plus that would help me make my decision! Any news at all on what is being done to the resort?
I want to know too! Going in June.

Hi following and wanting to know more about new room furnishings. We will be there the end of June and that would be very nice!

DVC value studios are mostly either savannah or pool view, only 2 have a view of the front drive. They are considered value due to the smaller size, not location or view. There's a map of all value rooms in this link

Standard studios at Kidani face the front drive, bus stop, entrance and some have pool views.

DVC value studios are mostly either savannah or pool view, only 2 have a view of the front drive. They are considered value due to the smaller size, not location or view. There's a map of all value rooms in this link

Standard studios at Kidani face the front drive, bus stop, entrance and some have pool views.

Goodness gracious you are right, I never thought about Kidani. That certainly makes a difference as to whether we are discussing Jambo or Kidani. At Jambo a standard studio could not face the parking lot. I do think the Savanna view on value studios is poor. Also your link didn’t come through, so if you want to tag the OP to be sure she sees it maybe you could try the link again!

It's been many, many years since we were able to stay at a deluxe resort and are staying at AKL during our next trip in August! Whoo hoo!!! The last time we stayed at a deluxe (Yacht Club) they had a turn down service and we had little chocolates left for us each night. Does that still happen? And if so, does AKL do it?

It's been many, many years since we were able to stay at a deluxe resort and are staying at AKL during our next trip in August! Whoo hoo!!! The last time we stayed at a deluxe (Yacht Club) they had a turn down service and we had little chocolates left for us each night. Does that still happen? And if so, does AKL do it?

I have never had turn down service at Yacht Club or any other Deluxe resort unless staying club level.

Thinking about a pool view next year... Do the first floor rooms all have patios? I’ve seen some pictures that look as though there is a railing right outside the sliding door, leaving no room for a sitting area. The sitting area is my coffee/makeup spot so it’s a must have!

We didn’t have it back in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter