Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Tomorrow is fastpass day! 61 days til our first stay at AKL. We booked a standard room but I hope to call to day to try to get a request for partial savannah view out on our reservation. If not we will be fine, we usually only stay at our resort to sleep, nap, maybe one afternoon swim. But if we did have savannah view maybe we’d linger a little longer lol. My birthday and my daughters birthdays are both during our stay so maybe we can get a little bit of pixie dust but we won’t be checking in until after 10 pm so my guess is those rooms will be long gone by then.

We did this and also had a very late check-in. I gave them a much earlier check in time when I did on-line check. Not sure if that helped or not but we did get a semi Savannah view. Our view was of a very boring Savannah so I don't think it really made much of a difference to us (except I was really glad to not be looking at a parking lot). The overlooks on the 2nd floor are a great place to check out the animals.

We did this and also had a very late check-in. I gave them a much earlier check in time when I did on-line check. Not sure if that helped or not but we did get a semi Savannah view. Our view was of a very boring Savannah so I don't think it really made much of a difference to us (except I was really glad to not be looking at a parking lot). The overlooks on the 2nd floor are a great place to check out the animals.
Just got off of the phone and the CM made the note and then as she was going over my reservation said “WOAH, I definitely see you paid for a standard view, did your agent know you wanted savanah view, because WOW you are booked in a savanah view room so you should definitely have a view!” I still am not going to get my hopes up until I walk into the room but fingers crossed we can have any view of animals!

Hello. Any update on the Uzima Springs pool? An older post stated a December 4th completion goal with a sand bottom. Has anyone seen it recently or have any other updates on the upgrades?

Just got off of the phone and the CM made the note and then as she was going over my reservation said “WOAH, I definitely see you paid for a standard view, did your agent know you wanted savanah view, because WOW you are booked in a savanah view room so you should definitely have a view!” I still am not going to get my hopes up until I walk into the room but fingers crossed we can have any view of animals!
Holy smokes! She was right! My reservation on MDE DOES say Savanna view now! Although I am sure as recently as a few days ago it said standard. I’m thinking this CM may have sprinkled some pixie dust as she was so sweet! Super excited! Hope to see some animals, my kiddos will flip! 61 days the countdown is on!

Tomorrow is fastpass day! 61 days til our first stay at AKL. We booked a standard room but I hope to call today to try to get a request for partial savannah view on our reservation. If not we will be fine, we usually only stay at our resort to sleep, nap, maybe one afternoon swim. But if we did have savannah view maybe we’d linger a little longer lol. My birthday and my daughter’s birthday are both during our stay so maybe we can get a little bit of pixie dust but we won’t be checking in until after 10 pm so my guess is those rooms will be long gone by then.

We go to AKL a year today for two weeks and have done the same as u. It’s going to be our honeymoon and my partners bday so really hoping we get a partial view too

Do all bunk bed rooms at AKL have the same size bunk beds? Just curious if it matters size wise for bunk beds if we choose standard/savannah view?

Got back on Wednesday from 5 nights at AKL. Another amazing stay - the lobby is just breathtaking. We visited all the deluxe resorts to look at Christmas décor and AKL totally blew ALL of them out of the water.

We had a standard view booked but ended up in partial savannah - 2582 on the Zebra trail.
Literally almost the end of the hallway, and according to fitbit, 300+ steps from the lobby. But, we loved how quiet it was, we saw a bunch of animals (a few jumped the fences and just came and laid down under our balcony), and the room was in great condition - no wear and tear, etc.

We stopped by the front desk to request a box fan since we need one to sleep, and then I stopped at the bathroom off the lobby while DH continued to our room. When I got back to the room, the fan was already there. Super quick service.

Mara was clean and quick each time (I think we ate there 4 times?). We hit Boma 2x and Jiko 1x (first time ever and OMG! Sooooo good). Every CM we interacted with was fantastic. Busses were super quick, and compared to the other deluxes (we took busses from WL and BW this trip, too), top notch.

I can't say enough good things about this resort. Head to toe, fantastic!

Got back on Wednesday from 5 nights at AKL. Another amazing stay - the lobby is just breathtaking. We visited all the deluxe resorts to look at Christmas décor and AKL totally blew ALL of them out of the water.

We had a standard view booked but ended up in partial savannah - 2582 on the Zebra trail.
Literally almost the end of the hallway, and according to fitbit, 300+ steps from the lobby. But, we loved how quiet it was, we saw a bunch of animals (a few jumped the fences and just came and laid down under our balcony), and the room was in great condition - no wear and tear, etc.

We stopped by the front desk to request a box fan since we need one to sleep, and then I stopped at the bathroom off the lobby while DH continued to our room. When I got back to the room, the fan was already there. Super quick service.

Mara was clean and quick each time (I think we ate there 4 times?). We hit Boma 2x and Jiko 1x (first time ever and OMG! Sooooo good). Every CM we interacted with was fantastic. Busses were super quick, and compared to the other deluxes (we took busses from WL and BW this trip, too), top notch.

We stayed thanksgiving week and found the resort to be one of the most relaxing of all the Disney resorts we have stayed at. Simply stunning and tranquil.

Too funny. We stayed in 2582 over Thanksgiving. Sounds like you might have taken over for us. The first night I thought our room might actually be in Africa, the walk was so long. But after that, I enjoyed how far away from everything it was. It was so peaceful and quiet. Sounds like you got lucky with animals too!

Question for those of you who have ordered groceries through Amazon Prime Now for Kidani. I want to make sure I have this right.

• <name> - Guest
  • 3701 OSCEOLA PKWY
  • LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8445
  • United States
  • Phone number: <my phone number>
Is the above right for the address? Obviously I'll fill in my name and phone # (or their #?). I just want to make sure I get this right as it's my first time ordering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!