Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Fabulous news. I have been quietly commiserating with others about it being closed for my early December stay. As a DVC member and it being my home resort, I made the reservation exactly 11 months out. I was so disappointed when the rehab was announced. All that angst for nuthin . . . :rolleyes:
We are renting points and booked 11 mo. out as well - arriving Dec. 1 with 2 small grandchildren. It was EXTREMELY disappointing that the pool wasn't supposed to reopen until Dec. 4 - but now we are doing more than the happy dance!!!:simba:

For those who have been since the Jambo pool re-opened, has the pool bar area changed in any way and (regular visitors) have the same great bar staff returned to the pool bar?

Had never been to this resort, and loved it. I stayed at Jambo House. I was so glad the pool opened the day after I arrived and was able to enjoy it with the kids. Definitely will be staying here again.

Looks like the early reopening of the Uzima Pool is official. The November Recreation Calendar released today says it will reopen on 11/5. https://otpn.smugmug.com/Disney-Resort-Recreation-Calendars/NOVEMBER-2018/i-CkQkhk8/A

Oh this is such great news! We are there on Nov 21 for one night! It's our first deluxe stay, my hub's bday, and a complete surprise for him and our girls!! I have our AK fast passes starting later in the afternoon so we can enjoy some resort time. My girls are going be ecstatic!!!

Is it true that the buses are often full by the time they get to Jambo house because they stop at Kidani first? Staying there in a few days and wondering if we should walk to Kidani to avoid waiting for the next bus in the mornings during peak times or do they have at least a couple of buses in a row to handle the demand?

I booked a stay at AKL for 1 night, arriving a day early, before our BWV stay. The only thing they had available was a standard view (what I booked) or a savanna bunk bed. My kids are 22 and 15, so not chancing the BB. However, we are super bummed there isn't a savanna view available. Any recs on getting maybe a partial view in the standard room? The CM I spoke to was not very helpful and told me I could only request options like low floor, high floor, close to elevator. I keep checking the site in case one pops up, but so far, nada. I'm crossing my fingers one does open up, though.

ETA: And even more frustrating....If I add a couple of nights and look, Savanna view is available!!! But it won't show for just the one night. Urghhh!!!

Last edited:
Is it true that the buses are often full by the time they get to Jambo house because they stop at Kidani first? Staying there in a few days and wondering if we should walk to Kidani to avoid waiting for the next bus in the mornings during peak times or do they have at least a couple of buses in a row to handle the demand?

I stayed at Kidani for a week at the end of October. First thing in the morning the buses are definitely crowded, but I don't recall us ever having to leave people waiting on the next bus at Jambo. I did also notice that on one of the mornings (possibly when we were headed to MK), our bus did not stop at Jambo. I can only assume that they were running separate buses for each stop that morning.
So it may be worth the walk over to Kidani - especially if you want to sit, not stand - but I wouldn't say it is necessary.

I booked a stay at AKL for 1 night, arriving a day early, before our BWV stay. The only thing they had available was a standard view (what I booked) or a savanna bunk bed. My kids are 22 and 15, so not chancing the BB. However, we are super bummed there isn't a savanna view available. Any recs on getting maybe a partial view in the standard room? The CM I spoke to was not very helpful and told me I could only request options like low floor, high floor, close to elevator. I keep checking the site in case one pops up, but so far, nada. I'm crossing my fingers one does open up, though.

ETA: And even more frustrating....If I add a couple of nights and look, Savanna view is available!!! But it won't show for just the one night. Urghhh!!!

Keep calling until you get a CM who will note your reservation that you would love any partial savanna view. If you have touring plans or think it’s worth the relatively nominal cost, you can also set up a room request fax on their website.

Keep calling until you get a CM who will note your reservation that you would love any partial savanna view. If you have touring plans or think it’s worth the relatively nominal cost, you can also set up a room request fax on their website.

Thank you! I do have a TP subscription. I will look into that! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!