Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Oh I didn’t realise there was a separate thread - thank you!

You’re welcome! Although I’m sure there is lots of AKL Club Level info in this thread, the other thread is dedicated to all the WDW Club Levels. GADisneyDad14 has several recent visits to AKL-CL and he writes very thorough reviews and posts lots of food photos! :thumbsup2 (I take lots of photos, but can’t post post them - I’ve tried, but I just haven’t figured it out!) :confused3

Here are some pool refurb pictures from this afternoon, October 14. It doesn't look like they are doing anything other than normal work on the bottom/sides/edge of the pool itself, nothing drastic. The slide does not look it like has had or will have any kind of overhaul and the hot tubs were not under any kind of construction. Nothing was being done to change the layout of anything. But then again I am not a pool expert.

They have a CM stationed in the walkway between Boma and The Mara to talk to people about the refurb and tell them their swimming options. I didn't ask her since I'm not a pool person myself. Victoria Falls Lounge is opening at noon every day because the pool bar is out of service, but food-wise they are still just offering their normal menu between 5:00-10:00PM (side note-I had the burger there and it was AMAZING).

poolrefurb1-1.JPG poolrefurb2-2.JPG poolrefurb3-3.JPG

GXincognto,
Have you seen any signs of the room refurbishment at Jambo House? I heard yesterday that they are starting with the Zebra Trail side first. Any word?

GXincognto,
Have you seen any signs of the room refurbishment at Jambo House? I heard yesterday that they are starting with the Zebra Trail side first. Any word?

I haven't seen any signs of work being done on rooms, but I'm in a DVC villa on the 5th floor of Kudu Trail and only ventured far enough in to Zebra Trail to do my laundry in the little DVC laundry room...so right at the beginning.

If you haven't yet found the Club Level thread, please go there! Lots of great information and @GADisneyDad14 has photos and reviews of the offerings at AKL-CL (and other Club Levels!)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/page-953

None of the resort rooms are on the same floor as the Lounge. Resort rooms (which DO have a Savannah view) are on the 4th floor; the Lounge (and a small, very small number of DVC villas) are located on the 6th floor. (The entire 5th floor is DVC villas.)

Staying Club Level you have a group called Disney Signature Services who will assist you with any reservations, etc. you need.

You can absolutely take any food you want back to your room. There is also complimentary beer, wine, and cordials.

Hi @RachelTori - thanks for the tag. Hope all is well! :wave2:

:wave2: All is well! I’m heading to WDW this weekend for a week!

I haven’t posted much lately, but I do read this thread and the CL thread often! :thumbsup2

Fun!

My family just spent 2 nights at AKL. Perhaps thanks to you, we caught the AKL bug after our April trip. :-)

Sadly, I had other travel commitments and was only on the ground at AKL with them for a precious few hours (1am-10am, to be exact)... so only got one morning coffee in overlooking the savanna! :sad:

Just means there will 'need' to be another trip soon. ::yes::

Hope you have a great trip!

Fun!

My family just spent 2 nights at AKL. Perhaps thanks to you, we caught the AKL bug after our April trip. :-)

Sadly, I had other travel commitments and was only on the ground at AKL with them for a precious few hours (1am-10am, to be exact)... so only got one morning coffee in overlooking the savanna! :sad:

Just means there will 'need' to be another trip soon. ::yes::

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I will gladly accept responsibility - full or partial - for your “bug”!! :thumbsup2

I’ve stayed at AKL every year (usually multiple times a year!) since it opened n April 2001. I’ve had the bug for years!! :love:

I haven't seen any signs of work being done on rooms, but I'm in a DVC villa on the 5th floor of Kudu Trail and only ventured far enough in to Zebra Trail to do my laundry in the little DVC laundry room...so right at the beginning.
Any recommendations on rooms to request in the 5th floor DVC villas? we're staying there for the first time in March.

If anyone would like to help, I'm trying to map out all the public viewing areas at Jambo House.
I've highlighted the ones I know of in orange. Seems like we're always assigned to Kudu trail with Arusha view, so I don't know much around viewing areas on other wings.

Are there any public viewing balconies on Zebra Trail, Ostrich Trail, or Giraffe Trail? I'm assuming there is probably a balcony on Zebra trail on 2nd floor similar to that little hidden balcony on Kudu trail maybe?
Jambo House Public Animal Viewing Areas.jpg

If anyone would like to help, I'm trying to map out all the public viewing areas at Jambo House.
I've highlighted the ones I know of in orange. Seems like we're always assigned to Kudu trail with Arusha view, so I don't know much around viewing areas on other wings.

Are there any public viewing balconies on Zebra Trail, Ostrich Trail, or Giraffe Trail? I'm assuming there is probably a balcony on Zebra trail on 2nd floor similar to that little hidden balcony on Kudu trail maybe?
View attachment 359460

I know there is on the Zebra trail - yes, a balcony like the Kudu one. I think there are overlooks further down, too, but not with balconies. 30 days and I can let you know for sure ;)

Here are some pool refurb pictures from this afternoon, October 14. It doesn't look like they are doing anything other than normal work on the bottom/sides/edge of the pool itself, nothing drastic. The slide does not look it like has had or will have any kind of overhaul and the hot tubs were not under any kind of construction. Nothing was being done to change the layout of anything. But then again I am not a pool expert.

They have a CM stationed in the walkway between Boma and The Mara to talk to people about the refurb and tell them their swimming options. I didn't ask her since I'm not a pool person myself. Victoria Falls Lounge is opening at noon every day because the pool bar is out of service, but food-wise they are still just offering their normal menu between 5:00-10:00PM (side note-I had the burger there and it was AMAZING).

View attachment 358437 View attachment 358438 View attachment 358439

Is this the Jambo House pool?

ETA: Is the Jambo House pool open now? A DVC CM told my husband it was open, but I'm wondering if they were mistaken.

Any recommendations on rooms to request in the 5th floor DVC villas? we're staying there for the first time in March.

We were in room 5323 on Kudu trail facing the Arusha savanna and we had lots of animals, we were near a giraffe feeding station. The downside was that it's in the second-to-last "pod" of rooms so it's a long walk from the lobby.

Is this the Jambo House pool?

ETA: Is the Jambo House pool open now? A DVC CM told my husband it was open, but I'm wondering if they were mistaken.

That's the Jambo House pool. I don't know about the current status since we checked out of AKL on October 18, but at that time it was still closed. I believe it's expected to be closed through early December.

We were in room 5323 on Kudu trail facing the Arusha savanna and we had lots of animals, we were near a giraffe feeding station. The downside was that it's in the second-to-last "pod" of rooms so it's a long walk from the lobby.

We had 5301 Kudu trail facing Arusha last week and it was a great view and room location as well. We could hear voices for a short spurt on a couple mornings since we were right near the elevators but honestly it was a wonderful room. It was much quieter on our balcony in 5301 at night than when we ventured over to the 2nd floor kudu trail viewing balcony. There was an antelope that loved to hang out right outside our room, and if you looked down, there was a crowned crane sitting on eggs in the grass below.

Last I heard from FB photos, the pool has been filled with water but is not yet open; however they are expecting it to open earlier than previously expected :)
Have you heard yet how much earlier it may open? (We’ll be there next month so this news is hopeful!:))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!