Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I have a question about coffee, too, but in the Jambo rooms. I know they aren’t the k pods. Will I be ok bringing filters and loose coffee? Or do I need to get the prefilled?

I have a question about coffee, too, but in the Jambo rooms. I know they aren’t the k pods. Will I be ok bringing filters and loose coffee? Or do I need to get the prefilled?

Are you staying in a DVC room or a regular hotel room? They have different coffee makers.

KIDANI - Coffee - super high maintenance!! Is there any place at Kidani to get press pot coffee in the AM? Either room service or the breakfast at Sanaa? The lunch and dinner Sanaa menu show a press pot, but not breakfast.........Plan to drink it on my balcony....I only have 18 hours with that balcony! :)

One more sleep until our first stay at AKL Kidani. Can't wait! Looking forward to our Sanaa dinner when we arrive and exploring the resort. Thanks to everyone for all the info on the resort since this is one of the resorts we have yet to visit.

KIDANI - Coffee - super high maintenance!! Is there any place at Kidani to get press pot coffee in the AM? Either room service or the breakfast at Sanaa? The lunch and dinner Sanaa menu show a press pot, but not breakfast.........Plan to drink it on my balcony....I only have 18 hours with that balcony! :)
I ate breakfast at Sanaa this morning and there was another family there with press pot coffee at their table :)

I ate breakfast at Sanaa this morning and there was another family there with press pot coffee at their table :)

That might have been us! My husband and I had coffee to deal with our three kiddos :)

And I saw someone taking coffee to go as well and it was not from the regular dispensers so I assume you can get the pressed to go.

I am also very interested if the room refurbishment has started

Thanks everyone. We actually will have our nespresso machine with us but we are only at AKL for 1 night and DH doesn't think it's worth messing with......I'll be sure to confirm when we arrive TOMORROW!!!!

For anyone who is at Jambo now or in the recent week or so, has the pool at Kidani been very crowded with the Jambo pool closure?:confused: Was there any "end date" of completion heard around the resort for the pool rehab?:confused3 Thanks!:disrocks:

FWIW... We booked a Pool View room for December 2nd-6th. A little over a month ago Disney called us to let us know about the pool refurb and left us in "pool" view but brought us down to standard view rate. More importantly, they mentioned that the pool refurb was supposed to be finished sometime during our stay but they are giving us the standard rate the whole time in case it gets extended. So possibly early December?

I seem to recall that it was supposed to end during our stay during the first week of Dec. - don’t recall the exact date. Wish I’d known about the refurb. when I chose Jambo standard view over our usual savanna view back in Jan. since DVC doesn’t have a separate pool view so w/ a standard view we may end up overlooking the pool refurb..

Happy to find this thread! We are at a value for most of our Thanksgiving trip this year, but added one more night and I was able to score a Value Studio with the holiday discount a little less than a month ago. My husband and girls still think our last night was added on at the value, so they are going to be completely surprised!! Husband has always said AKL is his wishlist resort and his bday is right before the trip, so this is all so amazing of an opportunity! I'm hoping for a bit of pixie dust in the form of savannah view, but I know it will be awesome no matter what...it's our first deluxe resort stay. They are all going to be SO excited! I'm over here just trying to keep the secret! :)

Happy to find this thread! We are at a value for most of our Thanksgiving trip this year, but added one more night and I was able to score a Value Studio with the holiday discount a little less than a month ago. My husband and girls still think our last night was added on at the value, so they are going to be completely surprised!! Husband has always said AKL is his wishlist resort and his bday is right before the trip, so this is all so amazing of an opportunity! I'm hoping for a bit of pixie dust in the form of savannah view, but I know it will be awesome no matter what...it's our first deluxe resort stay. They are all going to be SO excited! I'm over here just trying to keep the secret! :)

AKL was our first deluxe stay. Have to say we've never been back to value. I guess since it was our first deluxe it feels like home. This is our favorite resort. Now we are DVC and are exploring other resorts. We've stayed at Poly and Boardwalk. Love them all but AKL feels like home although Poly is our home resort.

Just got back from a quickie/last minute stay at AKL - first time there! I thought I'd provide a short room review.
  • Room & location: 2 queen beds, standard view, non-adjoining on the 5th floor overlooking the front entry of Jambo. While the view wasn't much, it was steps away from the elevators. We heard no noise when sleeping despite having a room right off the lobby
  • View: We only used the balcony to check the weather. :o However, when walking around the overlooks, it was surprising to see only one balcony in use the few times we went to see animals. This was at varying hours (late afternoon, morning, then early afternoon). It made me less concerned about reserving a standard for our next trip in December. Of course we'd like a partial Savannah view but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get it
  • Mattress review: Not pillow top but super comfortable. I'm a mattress snob and slept great here
  • Pillows: So fluffy and comfortable!
  • Water pressure: Fantastic
  • Other notables: At Mara - peanut butter brownie is still MIA, and regular brownie is meh :guilty: Jungle juice was extremely watered down one morning but the kind lady behind the counter made it fresh for me instead

Hi all - we are looking at possibly upgrading our stay next year to club level which we have never done before and I have oodles of questions!

-Has anyone got any photos of the food available at different times of day in the club room, and the drinks (especially the alcohol for my boyfriend, and is there English breakfast tea for me!).
- Are all the club level rooms on the same floor as the club room?
- Are there any other perks to staying on that level?
- can you collect some breakfast to take back to your room?
- and finally do all the rooms have a savannah view?

Thank you so much!

Hi all - we are looking at possibly upgrading our stay next year to club level which we have never done before and I have oodles of questions!

-Has anyone got any photos of the food available at different times of day in the club room, and the drinks (especially the alcohol for my boyfriend, and is there English breakfast tea for me!).
- Are all the club level rooms on the same floor as the club room?
- Are there any other perks to staying on that level?
- can you collect some breakfast to take back to your room?
- and finally do all the rooms have a savannah view?

Thank you so much!

If you haven't yet found the Club Level thread, please go there! Lots of great information and @GADisneyDad14 has photos and reviews of the offerings at AKL-CL (and other Club Levels!)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/page-953

None of the resort rooms are on the same floor as the Lounge. Resort rooms (which DO have a Savannah view) are on the 4th floor; the Lounge (and a small, very small number of DVC villas) are located on the 6th floor. (The entire 5th floor is DVC villas.)

Staying Club Level you have a group called Disney Signature Services who will assist you with any reservations, etc. you need.

You can absolutely take any food you want back to your room. There is also complimentary beer, wine, and cordials.

If you haven't yet found the Club Level thread, please go there! Lots of great information and @GADisneyDad14 has photos and reviews of the offerings at AKL-CL (and other Club Levels!)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/page-953

None of the resort rooms are on the same floor as the Lounge. Resort rooms (which DO have a Savannah view) are on the 4th floor; the Lounge (and a small, very small number of DVC villas) are located on the 6th floor. (The entire 5th floor is DVC villas.)

Staying Club Level you have a group called Disney Signature Services who will assist you with any reservations, etc. you need.

You can absolutely take any food you want back to your room. There is also complimentary beer, wine, and cordials.
Oh I didn’t realise there was a separate thread - thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!