Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I just put in a request for quote on a studio with savannah view for next summer. Never rented DVC points before and I am nervous! My husband expressed that he wanted to stay there with the view and I had to jump on it. I think he's officially converted now ;)

We've been to the resort to eat and explore, but have never stayed there. I am incredibly excited!

Have a great trip and definitely get over to AKL for a visit!

So....I’m back. I crunched A LOT of numbers and we are back to doing a split stay:cool1:

We found a 1 bedroom in Jambo with the discount but only having one bathroom with 5 bathroom users made us wary (when little bladders gotta go, they gotta go!) also the idea of a line to use the shower didn’t sound super appealing.

We decided to do the last four nights in standard rooms at AKL for a little bit more.

Now I just have to try and move my cousin over as well.

Woo! I’m so excited!

So....I’m back. I crunched A LOT of numbers and we are back to doing a split stay:cool1:

We found a 1 bedroom in Jambo with the discount but only having one bathroom with 5 bathroom users made us wary (when little bladders gotta go, they gotta go!) also the idea of a line to use the shower didn’t sound super appealing.

We decided to do the last four nights in standard rooms at AKL for a little bit more.

Now I just have to try and move my cousin over as well.

Woo! I’m so excited!
Congratulations! It is so awesome there. The AKL is like it’s own vacation!

For anyone who is at Jambo now or in the recent week or so, has the pool at Kidani been very crowded with the Jambo pool closure?:confused: Was there any "end date" of completion heard around the resort for the pool rehab?:confused3 Thanks!:disrocks:

I’m looking to book a value studio for next September directly through Disney. I just called and there was no availability, does anyone know if they’ve been released yet or if they are all sold out? I’ve been checking daily and haven’t seen any villa availability for September.

I’m looking to book a value studio for next September directly through Disney. I just called and there was no availability, does anyone know if they’ve been released yet or if they are all sold out? I’ve been checking daily and haven’t seen any villa availability for September.

Disney's own inventory of villa accomodations through its ownership of certain DVC points remains one of the great mysteries of the Disney universe. There are very few value studios - 18 total, I think, in the whole resort. Disney owns a certain number of points and then DVC individual owners own a certain number of points. I don't think anyone has ever unearthed how Disney determines which villas it will use as "cash reservations" based on the points that Disney owns, but the value studios are very popular with DVC individual owners as they are so low in points to reserve. That said, I paid cash for an AKL value studio directly through Disney in 2016, and booked at just slightly more than 60 days out. I would keep a look out for your dates but also make a contingency plan if what you want never opens up.

Disney's own inventory of villa accomodations through its ownership of certain DVC points remains one of the great mysteries of the Disney universe. There are very few value studios - 18 total, I think, in the whole resort. Disney owns a certain number of points and then DVC individual owners own a certain number of points. I don't think anyone has ever unearthed how Disney determines which villas it will use as "cash reservations" based on the points that Disney owns, but the value studios are very popular with DVC individual owners as they are so low in points to reserve. That said, I paid cash for an AKL value studio directly through Disney in 2016, and booked at just slightly more than 60 days out. I would keep a look out for your dates but also make a contingency plan if what you want never opens up.
Thanks so much! I do have CSR booked, but we would love to stay at AKL and the value studio is the most affordable way to stay there. It would actually only be a few hundred more than our original reservation. I’ll just keep checking.

What areas or room should we request if we have a savannah view deluxe studio at Kidani reserved? I have looked at touring guide, but still confused because I can't find what he recommends? Is there any tours we should try to book there? Thanks!

Just got back last week from a week long trip. Stayed at AKL Jambo in a standard room but requested a standard with a savanna view and got it. The room was great and seemed a lot bigger than the others we've stayed in. We had the very first room on the 2nd floor to the left. We literally walked down one flight of stairs near the main overlook and turned left. It was so great to be close to the lobby after a long hot day in the parks. We did not see a lot of animals but it was better than looking at a parking lot.

I just put in a request for quote on a studio with savannah view for next summer. Never rented DVC points before and I am nervous! My husband expressed that he wanted to stay there with the view and I had to jump on it. I think he's officially converted now ;)

We've been to the resort to eat and explore, but have never stayed there. I am incredibly excited!
We're doing the same thing for this coming spring! Studio/savannah views, first time renters. Pretty excited.

We are planning a December 2019 trip and previously planned a December 2017 trip and I have been watching the WDW website and putting in dummy dates for quite a while to try to figure out when cash reservations directly through Disney become available for the DVC resorts. What I have learned:

1. You can book a room only reservation at the hotel resorts starting at 499 days before the checkout day of your intended reservation. Since staying in the hotel side if there is no availability on the DVC side is our fallback, we have booked hotel rooms we would be happy with (in our case, AKL pool view, and WL courtyard view) in terms of location and price. Keep in mind that far out it is rack rate and there is no guarantee there will be any discounts closer in.

2. Disney's cash inventory of DVC rooms available for the public to rent becomes available to reserve on the WDW website in the 11 to 8 month window before your dates. When exactly seems to depend on the resort, but most appear to start around the 10.5 month or so point. Initially there may be limited availability, it increases and decreases over time, sometimes considerably even from day to day. Check often if you do not initially see what you want.

3. On multiple occasions I have seen value studio and value 1 bedrooms available, so they can be a possibility. However, they are much less common than seeing availability for non-value rooms. Your chances seem to be better booking them when they first start appearing.

4. You can play with dates now to get a sense of what availability looks like; for example check out July which for AKL-J appears to be what is loading as the furthest out right now. For example, at AKL-Jambo for 07/22/2019 - 07/25/2019 there is a 1 bedroom villa - value available for $552.00 USD Avg/Night Excl Tax but no other DVC rooms available at all. For Mon-Thurs the week after there is nothing, and for the week before, 07/15/2019 - 07/18/2019, there are deluxe studio standard and savanna views, and 1 bedroom value, standard, and savanna views available.

5. Finally, carefully check the price difference between the value and standard studios; you could be as low as around $60/night difference. This is the pricing for November/December 2019:

Value studio

upload_2018-10-2_20-15-36.png

Deluxe studio - standard view

upload_2018-10-2_20-15-18.png

Good luck !

SW

What areas or room should we request if we have a savannah view deluxe studio at Kidani reserved? I have looked at touring guide, but still confused because I can't find what he recommends? Is there any tours we should try to book there? Thanks!

I’m here now and unfortunately got a room a million miles from the lobby. (The resort is still great though!) I would request 2nd Floor, near the Rafiki elevator. That would put you fairly close to the lobby and also very close to the pool and with a good view of animals.

We ended up in the far back north wing, which is quite a hike but we have seen zebras and giraffes every day on our balcony!

KIDANI - Coffee - super high maintenance!! Is there any place at Kidani to get press pot coffee in the AM? Either room service or the breakfast at Sanaa? The lunch and dinner Sanaa menu show a press pot, but not breakfast.........Plan to drink it on my balcony....I only have 18 hours with that balcony! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter