Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

....they did, a few years back, but the recent info that I was able to obtain was that, no, there is no late check-out available. However, the policy could have changed again [of which I am not aware] and it might be offered again. I suggest checking with AKL directly....good luck - hope that helps! :thumbsup2
Oh, I was just curious. I had no idea. I got late check out at POFQ earlier this year. I thought every resort offered it, if it is available.

Thanks for the updated information.

We are doing a split stay beginning at Jambo and then moving to Kidani (2 bedroom villa). At Jambo we are getting a 2 bedroom resort suite in Kilimanjaro Club (not DVC).

I am very nervous about the suite as we are use to staying in villas. How do they compare? Can I get a roll away bed in a suite and how about a crib? I know there will be a pack-n-play at Kidani but can I order a crib for the suite? Who do I talk to about this?

It is my understanding they have cut the club level staff and I have been left with no one to help with our plans. I hope the services and food in the actual club will not be cut. We have never stayed club before and will probably not get the chance to do it again. This stay was comped to us by Disney for a near life ending problem on our last trip. My family is still pretty stressed out by the whole thing and I really need this trip to go smoothly and be wonderful.

I also reserved a standard view for our Kidani 2 bedroom as we have only planned one resort day(no park) while we are there. We have always had a savannah view and I am worried that I will regret the choice of standard. I really hope we do not look at a parking lot. Is there a way to request a room that might make the chances of a parking lot view less?

Golly can you tell the planning of this trip is stressing me out? LOL!

Last edited:
Why the new thread? Kim.
Also besides the 3 nighter in August, we're trying for another & possibly final Jersey Week....

Why the new thread? Kim.
Also besides the 3 nighter in August, we're trying for another & possibly final Jersey Week....
.....I'm 'old school' and saw the 250-page limit was upon us.....I didn't realize that they had done away with it.....besides, it's nice to get some new pix and info infused into the FAQ thread for the newbies!

.....I'm 'old school' and saw the 250-page limit was upon us.....I didn't realize that they had done away with it.....besides, it's nice to get some new pix and info infused into the FAQ thread for the newbies!
LoL...Noobs.

So its possible you're heading during Flowers & garden?

Thanks for the updated information.

We are doing a split stay beginning at Jambo and then moving to Kidani (2 bedroom villa). At Jambo we are getting a 2 bedroom resort suite in Kilimanjaro Club (not DVC).

I am very nervous about the suite as we are used to staying in villas. How do they compare? Can I get a roll away bed in a suite and how about a crib? I know there will be a pack-n-play at Kidani but can I order a crib for the suite? Who do I talk to about this?

It is my understanding they have cut the club level staff and I have been left with no one to help with our plans. I hope the services and food in the actual club will not be cut. We have never stayed club before and will probably not get the chance to do it again. This stay was comped to us by Disney for a near life ending problem on our last trip. My family is still pretty stressed out by the whole thing and I really need this trip to go smoothly and be wonderful.

I also reserved a standard view for our Kidani 2 bedroom as we have only planned one resort day(no park) while we are there. We have always had a savannah view and I am worried that I will regret the choice of standard. I really hope we do not look at a parking lot. Is there a way to request a room that might make the chances of a parking lot view less?

Golly can you tell the planning of this trip is stressing me out? LOL!

....Im not quite as knowledgable with Kidani as I am with Jambo, so I don't want to give you any false or misleading info, but i do know that roll-away beds are NOT an option at Jambo....

Ill be at the resort in January. I ll get some cl lounge and food pix for ya.

I'm trying to figure out where to stay for those 3 nights after PR....I have about 3 weeks till I can book, & fingers crossed, my options for 4 of the places we want to stay at are still available.... I'd like to pick somewhere we haven't been already too. At least for this trip.

.....well, I can try to do that, but I cannot guarantee that they will actually make it to New Jersey.....:rolleyes1

We are staying 9 nights starting Oct 2nd, our first stay there and deluxe, slightly overwelmed...

I was wondering where the value studios are located. Are they on a certain floor? We are staying with another family who has a 2BR savannah view and we were hoping to be near each other.

....Im not quite as knowledgable with Kidani as I am with Jambo, so I don't want to give you any false or misleading info, but i do know that roll-away beds are NOT an option at Jambo....

Seriously? No roll aways in the resort rooms? I knew that DVC would not give you a roll away but I was counting on one from the 2 bedroom suite. That is just crazy!

I guess I will try calling after the holiday rush and see what they tell me to do. I can not imagine having to bring a bed for our 6 year old granddaughter and I hate to have her on the floor.

Hey Ya'll!

I will be there 1/22!
Praying I am not stuck with a parking lot view :sad2:
This is my Birthday trip so any pixie dust will help pixiedust:

Can I ask what the fee is to use the fitness centre please ( you know just in case walking round the parks isn't enough exercise for me ...lol)

I was wondering where the value studios are located. Are they on a certain floor? We are staying with another family who has a 2BR savannah view and we were hoping to be near each other.

All the Villas in Jambo are on the 5th floor, and CL on 6th I believe.

All the VALUES are on the 5th. Values are just that , Values. Although not all values are just facing the parking lot...I was able to score a Studio Val and we were facing the pool.

If the other family requested a certain Savannah*(aka) Arusha /Zebra Trail only I'M not so sure if there are any values on the opposite side of the hall facing the pool.
If they chose the Sunset Savanna*(which is to the left) Ostrich trail, then it's possible. I know there are some values over there..If you get the Giraffe trail ( for your value ) like I did, you definitely won't be near them, albeit you'll be in an ideal location of the resort though.
Close to an elevator to the pool/buses, and to the main floor as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter