Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hello MrsHammer thank you for your response. There are not any available pool view bunk rooms left and unfortunately Savannah view bunk bed is out of my price range. I was looking at pictures online and I was really hoping to squeeze a twin size air mattress somewhere in the room. This could make for a miserable trip if my boys had to share a bed, lots of fighting, lol!

Q: how is the room service food/service? We will be at AKL/V in a few weeks and we are planning on using room service for most breakfasts unless we get a magical concierge level upgrade. LOL.

Can anyone please share the time it takes to get from AKL to each park? We will have a car, so driving time would be a big help. Thanks!

If I may add onto grumpy 28's post. If anyone knows the length of the bus ride to the parks also. I will be riding the buses.

thank you!

Can anyone please share the time it takes to get from AKL to each park? We will have a car, so driving time would be a big help. Thanks!

MK is roughly 6.5 miles, Google currently says 12 minutes, but I would recommend you check Google Maps each morning so that it takes traffic into consideration. MK is the furthest of the parks. And, add time for getting from parking lot to gate, and security.

MK is roughly 6.5 miles, Google currently says 12 minutes, but I would recommend you check Google Maps each morning so that it takes traffic into consideration. MK is the furthest of the parks. And, add time for getting from parking lot to gate, and security.
We fly and rely on Disney transportation, thus I can't help w/ drive times, however, in regards to driving to MK, you'll need to add in travel time from the TTC parking lot via ferry or monorail to the front of MK. I believe a lot of folks bus to MK even when they have cars because of the location of the MK parking lot.

Yesterday marks ONE MONTH until our stay at Jambo! I'm taking my boyfriend, who has never been to Disney before. I'm PUMPED.
We booked a standard room 8/11-18. I'm hoping to send in a fax about a week prior to check-in to respectfully request a partial savannah... but we'll see :)

I haven't stayed at a Disney resort in a long time. I did online check-in, but I have a room only reservation and need to pay the balance at the front desk when we arrive. What's the point of online check in if I have to go to the front desk anyways? (I'm not mad-- we have to go up there regardless to get my boyfriend a birthday pin!) I'm just curious.

If you have a credit card on file, the balance you owe for room-only will automatically be charged on the day you check in - whether or not you stop by the front desk. :thumbsup2

If you have a credit card on file, the balance you owe for room-only will automatically be charged on the day you check in - whether or not you stop by the front desk. :thumbsup2

That's not good - I was hoping to pay for my room with gift cards - is it possible to do that at check-in before they charge my card? I had assumed the charge would be at the end of my stay like most hotels.

That's not good - I was hoping to pay for my room with gift cards - is it possible to do that at check-in before they charge my card? I had assumed the charge would be at the end of my stay like most hotels.

If you already have the gift cards, you can call and pay the balance before you arrive. That’s what I’ve done the past few trips. Actually what I do is use Disneygiftcards.com and combine the cards into one large one. Then when I call Disney Travel, I only have to give one gift card number. It’s all done on an automated line; no need to talk to a CM. You can also do this over a period of time - you do not have to pay the entire balance all at once.

Hold onto the gift card(s) because any refund will be issued back to the card.

If you don’t want to pay in advance, then you will have to go to the front desk whether you’ve done online check-in or not.

If you already have the gift cards, you can call and pay the balance before you arrive. That’s what I’ve done the past few trips. Actually what I do is use Disneygiftcards.com and combine the cards into one large one. Then when I call Disney Travel, I only have to give one gift card number. It’s all done on an automated line; no need to talk to a CM. You can also do this over a period of time - you do not have to pay the entire balance all at once.

Hold onto the gift card(s) because any refund will be issued back to the card.

If you don’t want to pay in advance, then you will have to go to the front desk whether you’ve done online check-in or not.
It’s really easy to call in and pay with gift card-just did this with June trip; had combined my gift cards into a couple large ones, called day before checkin and applied gift cards to balance. They do still want cc on check in for room charges but I went every other day to pay down balance with gift card til card was zero. We were at the Cabins in June but I’ve done this at other resorts as well.

We just canceled our December trip and rented DVC points for Jan. A little upset about losing free dining but super excited to be back home! Kidani here we come :yay:
POP < AKL

Yay!!! So excited Farah! What are your dates? Free dining sounds like it's such a good deal but it's never worked out to be a savings for us.

Yay!!! So excited Farah! What are your dates? Free dining sounds like it's such a good deal but it's never worked out to be a savings for us.

Yep, we discovered we drink too much and like eating whatever for any kind of dining plan to be worth it. Heh.

We recently changed our Value Jambo to a Savanna Kidani for February during the Princess Half Marathon week. Really looking forward to it! I have never felt as relaxed as I did earlier this year sitting on our Jambo balcony watching the animals.

Does anybody know if there is a ticket or guest services desk where I can upgrade and pick up an AP in AKL?

I am thinking of moving my Fall into Magic package resort to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We are reserved at Coronado Springs but all of the construction makes me nervous, and the only other moderate the package is offered is at CBR, also under construction! I’ve stayed at WDW resorts under construction and it just isn’t as magical.

Questions, is the standard room ok? I think this is as big a jump up in $$ that I’ll be able to talk my husband into. Are there quick dining options for breakfast? Although We aren’t big sit down breakfast eaters, I don’t want a grab and go, something more like the food court concept at the moderates or values.

Is the bus service good? Can you walk to Animal Kingdom?
I was there in early June and booked a standard room. I booked standard and asked for a partial savanna view. They gave me room 4343 which was a savanna view except for the people pen directly below us. Spectacular view and lots of animals. As to the buses we had really good service except fot the bus to Magic Kingdom. They were on average about 30 minutes behind their own schedule every time we went to wait. All of the others were very timely and service was great.

Jan 4th to the 9th! The last time we did free dining, it was a steal. This time it was just too much. We don't park hop and it requires park hoppers plus rack rate in December made it super expensive. are y'all going?

Does anybody know if there is a ticket or guest services desk where I can upgrade and pick up an AP in AKL?

I don't think so, you can only upgrade at Disney Springs and the parks. I tried to upgrade to an AP at POP and they weren't able to do it. Not sure if AKL is different.

Last edited:

I don't think you can only upgrade at Disney Springs and the park. I tried to upgrade to an AP at POP and they weren't able to do it. Not sure if AKL is different.

That is correct. You will need to go to DS or a park.

No guest services for tickets/APs at AKL. I’ve always activated my APs the evening I arrive at the entry to whatever park is still open. When I’ve waited until the morning to do it at a park, the lines have been longer IME. I’ve never done it at Disney Springs - but that’s an option too.

I don't think so, you can only upgrade at Disney Springs and the parks. I tried to upgrade to an AP at POP and they weren't able to do it. Not sure if AKL is different.
That is correct. You will need to go to DS or a park.
No guest services for tickets/APs at AKL. I’ve always activated my APs the evening I arrive at the entry to whatever park is still open. When I’ve waited until the morning to do it at a park, the lines have been longer IME. I’ve never done it at Disney Springs - but that’s an option too.

Thank you everybody. I have very limited time in Epcot that day so i was trying to maximize it but looks like ill have to carve out a few minutes to upgrade and pick it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!