Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hoping someone will know this...

We have the refillable mugs. Staying at Kidani...what hours are the soda machines accessible?

The gift shop in the lobby & the pool bar. Hoping one may be available prior to 7am & after 10pm? TIA!

How long would it take to walk from Jambo to Kidani would you say?
From lobby to lobby 10-15 minutes.
Or you can take the shuttle bus that runs between the two lobbies.
Or from bus stop to bus stop the park buses stop at Kidani then Jambo and the DTD buses at Jambo then Kidani.

Jambo from Germany! I am coming over to WDW in May for a short trip, staying at AKL Jambo House for 3 nights. It is my boyfriends first time at AKL and in WDW in general so I am pretty excited to show him around the happiest place on earth :goodvibes I booked the trip just 3 weeks ago and was even able to snag a fastness for FOP and a Tusker House RoL package!!

Since the trip is approaching I was wondering if I should do online check in but I don't know if that makes sense for the many requests that I have :teeth: We have booked a pool view room and I would like to stay on the site of the hotel which is not the one of the parking lot - if that makes sense. I would also like to get a king room and on the second or third floor. It would be highly appreciated if someone who is more experienced than me could give me some advice :flower1:

Hoping someone will know this...

We have the refillable mugs. Staying at Kidani...what hours are the soda machines accessible?

The gift shop in the lobby & the pool bar. Hoping one may be available prior to 7am & after 10pm? TIA!

Unfortunately, the gift shop in the lobby opens at 7 am. You will have to walk over to Jambo to use your refillable mugs before 7 am. I believe it closes at 11 pm. I was surprised that the store didn't open earlier, especially while we were there during spring break. Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom opened every day at 8:00 am and 7 am for EMH.

Jambo from Germany! I am coming over to WDW in May for a short trip, staying at AKL Jambo House for 3 nights. It is my boyfriends first time at AKL and in WDW in general so I am pretty excited to show him around the happiest place on earth :goodvibes I booked the trip just 3 weeks ago and was even able to snag a fastness for FOP and a Tusker House RoL package!!

Since the trip is approaching I was wondering if I should do online check in but I don't know if that makes sense for the many requests that I have :teeth: We have booked a pool view room and I would like to stay on the site of the hotel which is not the one of the parking lot - if that makes sense. I would also like to get a king room and on the second or third floor. It would be highly appreciated if someone who is more experienced than me could give me some advice :flower1:
The hallway that fronts the parking lot and also faces the pool is called Giraffe trail - lots of people like it as there’s a shortcut through a door to the bus stop. The other hallway that has rooms facing the pool is called Zebra trail. I know there are villas on the 5th floor along the lobby that overlook the pool/roofs - not sure about rooms below tho’.
Edit to add looks like there are rooms along the lobby on the 4th floor and villas on 5th and 6th floor - but they have roofs below so unlikely to be in the pool view category :)

Last edited:
I GOT SUCKED BACK IN!! :simba:DH and I stayed 2 nights at AKL last summer in a savanna view DVC studio. DD24 and I are planning a trip for this summer and I have a pretty good rate for 6 nights at ASMu with 6 day PH and QSDP. We are hoping for free dining and then I'll upgrade the meal plan to the DDP. She likes this plan, I like this plan... but then I contacted some different places and got a good rate through a TA for AKL. Gosh I LOVE AKL... I am sorely tempted to go with the TA rate and then buy our meals OOP or use my rewards money/gift cards for them. I tried renting points but there's no availability, according to the owners I contacted.

SO... SHOULD I DO IT?? Do I pull the trigger and do AKL?

If DVC owners are showing no availability for my dates, is it safe to assume that David's DVC rental will also find no availability? He is about $100 cheaper than my quote but I'd have to pay him upfront instead of over time.

How do the AKL rooms differ from the AKV DVC studios?

Finally... partial savanna view rooms. Anybody know what room #s I should request, or just request "partial savanna view"? I've never done a reservation through a TA; do they have to submit my requests or can I??

We are thinking about booking our next trip at AKL and are looking for recommendations on room preferences, if villas are better than the lodge, etc. Any tips would be super helpful! We have eaten at Boma a couple trips ago and really enjoyed it. We are wanting to try a new resort this time and AKL is on our list!

We are thinking about booking our next trip at AKL and are looking for recommendations on room preferences, if villas are better than the lodge, etc. Any tips would be super helpful! We have eaten at Boma a couple trips ago and really enjoyed it. We are wanting to try a new resort this time and AKL is on our list!
we love AKL , nothing like having animals looking off the balcony

it was 30 degrees last dec when we went. They had to move the dessert party indoors, we were in scarves and gloves shaking, i am sorry but i pray for warmth lol not heat just warmth
When we were there in December 2016 it was in the high 70s. I guess you really can't plan the weather! Hopefully we both get pleasant weather, not too hot and not too cold. :wizard:

How many cups of coffee do you think you can get out of a pot of pressed coffee from Mara? We have four of us in the room. Wondering if one pot will do.

Just to add, we bought the pressed pot from the Mara in February. It looked like a medium sized French press pot, cost $8 + tax, and I was able to bring it back to the room. We got 3 cups in the in-room ceramic coffee cups out of it. It was very good, definitely better than the in-room prepackaged coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter