Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I have never seen coffee in the lobby, but The Mara has pressed pot coffee that is delicious and much better than the generic coffee served.

How many cups of coffee do you think you can get out of a pot of pressed coffee from Mara? We have four of us in the room. Wondering if one pot will do.

How many cups of coffee do you think you can get out of a pot of pressed coffee from Mara? We have four of us in the room. Wondering if one pot will do.

EEEk I have no clue, I am the only one who drinks coffee so the pressed pot is a special treat and I have a cup or so hot and then refrigerate the rest for iced coffee the next day. I would say unless you are small cup drinkers that it would likely not be enough for 4, I certainly cannot get 4 days worth of morning coffee out of it and I don't drink more than a cup or cup and a half at a time.

...I was thinking of the Uzima overlook....it was available when I was there for the F&WF in October of 2017....

A poster on the CL thread was able to do this activity at the Uzima overlook in early April so it seems more likely the case of a confused/misinformed CM and that the night vision offering is still happening.

We will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time in May. We have a standard view. Can anyone suggest a good area to request. Also where are the laundry rooms located. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

We've had Standard rooms twice, and have been on Kudu trail both times and have had wonderful views of the animals. I always fax a request about 5 days out asking for a Standard with a partial view of the savannahs as there are some.

At Kidani, you can access the pool area by going out the front door of the resort, which is basically right by the bus transportation. If you request to be close to the lobby or close to bus transportation you won't be far from the pool either. Just a word of caution that this is probably the most requested room location so they can't accomodate everyone, so if it's important to you I would let them know that and maybe consider not making any other room location requests so that they can accomodate what's important.
Thank you! I can't think of any other requests I would be making so this would be my only one. I just wasn't sure how long of a walk it is from the lobby to the pool. Sounds like your suggestion would be ideal if we could get it but wherever we end up I'm sure we'll be fine and will be very excited to be staying at Kidani!

My husband and I will be staying at Kidani Village in December and we are so excited!!

Does anyone know if there is a gym in Kidani Village or would we have to go to the AKL gym? If so, does it offer the same equipment as the gym in AKL? Specifically, are there squat racks, barbell benches, or chin-up bars? Obviously we can make anything work, but it's just nice to know what to plan for! Thanks!

My husband and I will be staying at Kidani Village in December and we are so excited!!

Does anyone know if there is a gym in Kidani Village or would we have to go to the AKL gym? If so, does it offer the same equipment as the gym in AKL? Specifically, are there squat racks, barbell benches, or chin-up bars? Obviously we can make anything work, but it's just nice to know what to plan for! Thanks!

I would like to know as well. My *thinks* she will use the gym (i feel we might be dead tired from the parks) so good know what our options are in the resort.
I would like to continue strength training on vacation.

I would like to know as well. My *thinks* she will use the gym (i feel we might be dead tired from the parks) so good know what our options are in the resort.

I agree on the high possibility of being dead tired from the parks. Our plan is to skip the cardio and just do the strength training (even if we only do it a couple times for the duration of the entire trip) so that we don't die when we're back in the gym at home.:laughing:

There is a gym at Kidani near the pool (it's called Survival of the Fittest, lol) I have no idea about machines or equipment but if you google Kidani Survival of the Fittest gym you can probably get some image results.

Good luck with working out on your trips! I tend to just stick with the Dole Whip-to-mouth curls... but rock on fitness friends!!

There is a gym at Kidani near the pool (it's called Survival of the Fittest, lol) I have no idea about machines or equipment but if you google Kidani Survival of the Fittest gym you can probably get some image results.

Good luck with working out on your trips! I tend to just stick with the Dole Whip-to-mouth curls... but rock on fitness friends!!

hahaha that is such a cute name! :) Thanks for the info, I'll take a look on google and see what comes up. In the end I bet I'll be sticking with the Dole Whip-to-mouth curls as well:laughing: Much more enjoyable! ;)

TimTracker has a recent video of both Jambo and Kidani, in which he went into both gym facilities

We are arriving tomorrow morning and can hardly wait to leave! Even though we come multiple times a year this is the only the second time staying here and can't wait to see which animals are on our Savannah view. It is so nice to be able to have you coffee in the morning watching the animals while your husband is getting ready!

We will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time in May. We have a standard view. Can anyone suggest a good area to request. Also where are the laundry rooms located. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

On our last stay, we had a savannah view and were on the second floor of zebra trail. The location was great, close to the lobby, Mara, and pool.

This trip we have a standard view and are on the 2nd floor of Kudu trail. The location is not as great because to get to the Mara or pool, we have to take the elevator to the third floor, cross the lobby and then either go down the stairs by Boma or go to the zebra trail side elevator. However, I am so glad to have a people pen savannah view and not a parking lot view so the walk to everything is fine by me!

As for laundry rooms, there is one on the 2nd floor of the kudu trail and another on the first floor of the zebra trail right by the Simba clubhouse.

This hotel is amazing! Enjoy your trip!

How much does it cost? And if it's at the Mara is it then "to go"?

I was at Kidani for a night this week and stopped by Sanaa breakfast, they have the pressed pot for $7.50 and if you request it to go they put it in two to go cups for you. I didn’t make it over to The Mara but I thought it was slightly more expensive there, but my memory could be faulty, I drank a cup of mine at The Mara then asked for a to go cup for the rest, so I imagine their policy is similar, but I didn’t ask about bringing it to my room so I don’t know for sure.

I need more details on this pressed pot of coffee!

I haven't had it at the Mara, I didn't even know they offered pressed pots, but if it is anything like the pressed pots everywhere else on property, it's probably disappointing. I had pressed pots at Tiffins, CG, Narcoossee's and one or 2 other places last month and not a single one made a decent pot. They just don't use enough grounds and don't let it steep for long enough before pressing, but then again when I make pressed pot I tend to be liberal with my grounds and steep it for a bit longer than is recommended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!