Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

we arrive Nov 15th. How much of AKL will decorated fro Christmas. Hoping ot get to experience a little of it!!

Hard to say. The Deluxes are in a lottery to determine the order in which they are decorated. When this is and the results are not made public. But all resorts will be 100% decorated by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

Hard to say. The Deluxes are in a lottery to determine the order in which they are decorated. When this is and the results are not made public. But all resorts will be 100% decorated by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.
...it has been my experience that they literally take down ALL the Halloween/Fall decorations as soon as the last MNNSHP is over.....remember, lobbies and such are usually decorated while everyone is asleep, mainly because, 1)it disturbs the guests and the constant flow of lobby traffic as little as possible, and 2) nothing beats the mystique of awakening to a Holiday-decorated lobby, when nothing was there the night before!

.....my DH and DS went to upstate N. Y. last night for the weekend, and he STILL was asking me if we will be staying at AKL.....:sad2:

I posted this in the club level thread as well.... has anyone stayed club level recently and can tell me if they have taken kids items away in the club lounge? I thought I read somewhere that they had eliminated these items and were switching to mostly meat item... Does anyone have any pictures/menus from the lounge?

Well I hope what everyone here has said about Animal Kingdom Lodge is true because I just made my last payment on 2 rooms for 10 days in June. Sigh now I am going to try and forget how much more this costs rather than where we usually stay which is French Quarter

Well I hope what everyone here has said about Animal Kingdom Lodge is true because I just made my last payment on 2 rooms for 10 days in June. Sigh now I am going to try and forget how much more this costs rather than where we usually stay which is French Quarter
These are my two favorite resorts. Yes, it IS more expensive than POFQ, so be sure to plan resort time to really enjoy it. We did not do that our first trip and felt it was a waste of money. Now I make sure to spend a day or two just hanging out. Nothing beats sitting on the balcony watching the animals while eating our in room dining lunch!

I posted this in the club level thread as well.... has anyone stayed club level recently and can tell me if they have taken kids items away in the club lounge? I thought I read somewhere that they had eliminated these items and were switching to mostly meat item... Does anyone have any pictures/menus from the lounge?

They had uncrustables (peanut butter & jelly mini sandwiches), mini corn dogs, or chicken nuggets each evening. They also had apple slices with peanut butter and caramel for dipping most nights.

With a great Disney Visa discount we upgraded our January stay from POFQ to AKL! I am beyond excited! I have always wanted to stay at AKL! I am enjoying reading through the posts on this thread. Thanks everyone for all of the information!
I've been stalking the Disney Visa discount rooms I booked at All Star Music since Monday , wanting to change to the
35% off at AKL. The only room I could get today was AKL Accessible Pool View with Bunk Beds 2/25 to 2/28.
Its a lot more money than ASMU but it will be post cruise and will make me happy.
I made the change online as soon as I saw a room pop up at AKL. You have to act fast,
the Disney Visa discounts are hard to find.

They had uncrustables (peanut butter & jelly mini sandwiches), mini corn dogs, or chicken nuggets each evening. They also had apple slices with peanut butter and caramel for dipping most nights.

Well that's good! I'm not sure why I thought I read that !

I've been stalking the Disney Visa discount rooms I booked at All Star Music since Monday , wanting to change to the
35% off at AKL. The only room I could get today was AKL Accessible Pool View with Bunk Beds 2/25 to 2/28.
Its a lot more money than ASMU but it will be post cruise and will make me happy.
I made the change online as soon as I saw a room pop up at AKL. You have to act fast,
the Disney Visa discounts are hard to find.

We have the Disney Visa and I cannot figure out how to access the discounts? Is there a link or did you get an email or something?

A booked a 3 night stay in January under the disney Visa offer for a mother-son trip. (Pre-schooler.) Club level was just an average $60 more a night! Please experts at AKL teach me about club level here. What room requests should I be making. I do want things to be as easy as possible for the 2 of us. (My husband has to go to Europe for most of a week so I thought we'd go to the World while we have AP's and he's not in real school yet.

Hi All! Sorry if this has been asked already but have the toiletries changed to the H20 Sea Salt products or are they still the H20 Grapefruit ones?

Also, do the one bedroom villas have a ceiling fan in the Master? I think I read that most of the Disney resorts were going to lose them and was just at the YC and the new rooms don't have them :(
Thanks!

Do the rooms here have USB charging ports? I stayed at Caribbean Beach in December and they had them there. I'm going to AKL in a few days, and can't find my travel 4 port USB charger.

My apologies, I'm sure this is somewhere. Standard room, close to lobby and bus, preference is connecting rooms. Is that the Giraffe trail or Zebra trail with a possible pool view? Not sure what online check in options are. Thank you!

Thank you so much, Dansdad!!!
I have a (fairly new) Disney Visa, but I was not able to pull up this offer online, and over the phone they had told me days ago they were booked up for the offer for the categories I had asked about!

Thanks to your link I was able to book it!!! So excited!!!

I honestly don’t know why I’m (still) not able to pull this offer up (without your link)! Any ideas??

Last edited:
I just booked a stay at AKL in December!

We had to cancel our September trip due to Hurricane Irma and when we originally rebooked we opted for 10 nights at Coronado Springs from Dec 18th - 28th. And we were thrilled! We've been to WDW over the holiday season before but never for Christmas itself.

Our first December trip was back in 2012 and we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We couldn't believe how stunning the decoration were and how Christmasy it felt. So this week we decided to change the beginning of our stay to AKL in Savanna View (Dec 18th - 22nd) and then switch to Coronado for the rest of the stay.

Counting down the days. FastPass+ day tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!