Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Also just got magic bands for our first ever AKL stay. Was incredibly lucky to get 2 bedroom suite renting through Davids for a very busy time of year. Cross your fingers I don't go on the DVC tour. I am trying to stay away from most information about the lodge, but I see that a previous poster mentioned fans? My child sleeps with a fan and I was going to look into white noise apps. Are there ceiling fans or other types in the rooms?

We use fans at home for white noise as well and I use a white noise app on my phone anytime we travel. The one I use is "white noise free" it has a pink icon. Works great for all of us.

As far as ceiling fans, they had them, not sure if they were removed.

I will be staying at AKL 11/25 - 12/4 with a pool view. I wanted savanah view but no availability when I booked. What is a good request to put in for pool view? Is there any chance of a partial savanah view? Never stayed at AKL, so not familiar with the resort. I apologize if this question has already been asked. I did search through the thread but not finding much related to pool view. Thanks so much!
November

ALK$Disney, 1st - 9th, AKV Jambo House

Gracie09, 2nd - 11th, Kidani

DizDad7, 3rd - 6th, SSR

Paradesintherain, 4th - 12th, Jambo House

DizDad7, 6th - 11th AKV

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL CL

Pennstate6411, 11th - 18th, AKL

Mindy S, 11th - 19th, AKL

nemoMomof3, 12th - 18th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Sparty, 15th - Dec 2nd, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 17th - 22nd, AKL

Sassy2000, 17th - 24th, AKL

Paperstarfish, 19th - 24th, AKL

Tipsytrtle, 25th - Dec 1st, AKL

Scrapfrenzy, 25th - Dec 4th, AKL

Greg36, 25th - Dec 9th, AKL

Monorail_man_NJ, 28th - 30th, AKL

Has anyone requested a room overlooking the lobby? If so, how was the noise level?

Never requested it, but are there by default each year when we stay DVC club level, and even on the 6th floor it can be incredibly loud at times. There is drumming (which is delightful unless you are trying to sleep), and you can frequently hear the children's TV in the lobby, but the absolute worst was the beeping of the crane when they were taking down the Christmas tree in the middle of the night. Most people say the views are the worst part about the DVC club level rooms, but I would say it is the noise of the location. I would not personally ever request one of those rooms due to the noise.

Never requested it, but are there by default each year when we stay DVC club level, and even on the 6th floor it can be incredibly loud at times. There is drumming (which is delightful unless you are trying to sleep), and you can frequently hear the children's TV in the lobby, but the absolute worst was the beeping of the crane when they were taking down the Christmas tree in the middle of the night. Most people say the views are the worst part about the DVC club level rooms, but I would say it is the noise of the location. I would not personally ever request one of those rooms due to the noise.

Now that I'm a DVC AKV owner I kept thinking I'd do CL DVC one day (we're doing CL this year non-dvc), but honestly after everything I've read I'll stick to a 1BR Villa non-club level. Splurging this year on our last non-dvc trip for CL is good enough lol

Now that I'm a DVC AKV owner I kept thinking I'd do CL DVC one day (we're doing CL this year non-dvc), but honestly after everything I've read I'll stick to a 1BR Villa non-club level. Splurging this year on our last non-dvc trip for CL is good enough lol

I go back and forth every year about booking the DVC CL but we still do it, we have some extenuating circumstances for that particular trip that make getting daily housekeeping really essential, and we tend to spend more time at the resort during that particular trip, so the CL offerings are nice to have. I am not really a 'view' person, as I also like to go to the public animal viewing areas with my coffee/wine and a book, so that doesn't bother me too much, but I have had towels wedged under my door due to the noise on more than one occasion. We have stayed in regular savanna studios in Jambo before, and there is no comparison to view and quiet, it is so nice, and our 1bdr at Kidani was fantastic with that second bathroom, and the beautiful Lion King tiles over the bathtub. You will love the 1bdr villa, it is definitely an excellent splurge :cloud9:. I hope you love owing at AKV as much as we have!

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone tell me what the pool hours are in December? Thank you!

With a great Disney Visa discount we upgraded our January stay from POFQ to AKL! I am beyond excited! I have always wanted to stay at AKL! I am enjoying reading through the posts on this thread. Thanks everyone for all of the information!

With a great Disney Visa discount we upgraded our January stay from POFQ to AKL! I am beyond excited! I have always wanted to stay at AKL! I am enjoying reading through the posts on this thread. Thanks everyone for all of the information!
This may have been addressed already....but How do you go about booking for the Disney visa discount? Call Disney directly?

So if you're going to be traveling to Kidani and would like a room that features a partial savannah view and view of some fireworks from DHS (And don't mind a bit of a walk...), I suggest asking for 7655 or something in this area. Was pleasantly surprised.

Question: Would we be able to stay and enjoy the pool after check out? Our flight isn't until 5 PM so I was hoping we might be able to stay on property until it was time to head to the airport. As long as we're out of our room by check out is this an option?

Question: Would we be able to stay and enjoy the pool after check out? Our flight isn't until 5 PM so I was hoping we might be able to stay on property until it was time to head to the airport. As long as we're out of our room by check out is this an option?

Yes, you have that entire day to use the amenities of the resort the day you check out. Our flight is also leaving late in the day (7:30pm), so we are going to leave our carry-on luggage with the resort bell desk and hang out at the pool and have lunch at Saana.

November

ALK$Disney, 1st - 9th, AKV Jambo House

Gracie09, 2nd - 11th, Kidani

DizDad7, 3rd - 6th, SSR

Paradesintherain, 4th - 12th, Jambo House

DizDad7, 6th - 11th AKV

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL CL

Pennstate6411, 11th - 18th, AKL

Mindy S, 11th - 19th, AKL

nemoMomof3, 12th - 18th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Sparty, 15th - Dec 2nd, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 17th - 22nd, AKL

Sassy2000, 17th - 24th, AKL

Paperstarfish, 19th - 24th, AKL

Tipsytrtle, 25th - Dec 1st, AKL

Scrapfrenzy, 25th - Dec 4th, AKL

Greg36, 25th - Dec 9th, AKL

Monorail_man_NJ, 28th - 30th, AKL
I guess I should make it official....Please add us to the roster for Nov 21-25. Thanks!

How much are you charged for local calls from the in room phones? There are a few local resturants we will want to call when we are there and I'm from the UK so can't use my cell plan.

we arrive Nov 15th. How much of AKL will decorated fro Christmas. Hoping ot get to experience a little of it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter