Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi! Two quick questions about a 1 bed villa at Jambo House if anyone knows - do they all sleep 5 adults (i.e., do they all have a sleeper chair) or only some? And are the views of the parking lot for this category? Thanks!!

Hi! Two quick questions about a 1 bed villa at Jambo House if anyone knows - do they all sleep 5 adults (i.e., do they all have a sleeper chair) or only some? And are the views of the parking lot for this category? Thanks!!
The 'regular' 1BR DVC Villa units at AKL, Jambo or Kidani, are rated to sleep 5 (including a sleeper chair), plus an infant. The "value" rooms at AKL-Jambo are smaller and only sleep 4, no sleeper chair). If you get a standard view 1BR room at Jambo, it's possible it might look over the parking lot - but it would still sleep up to 5 adults. If you're not talking DVC villas, I don't have an answer - sorry.

The 'regular' 1BR DVC Villa units at AKL, Jambo or Kidani, are rated to sleep 5 (including a sleeper chair), plus an infant. The "value" rooms at AKL-Jambo are smaller and only sleep 4, no sleeper chair). If you get a standard view 1BR room at Jambo, it's possible it might look over the parking lot - but it would still sleep up to 5 adults. If you're not talking DVC villas, I don't have an answer - sorry.
Thanks so much!!

Question for those staying at AKL and who also like to rope drop. What did you do for breakfast options? I see The Mara for quick service is scheduled to open at 6:30am. Do they often have any food options available before that time?

Also for those who have gone to The Mara for breakfast, are there long lines around 6:30am to 7:00am as people try to get something to eat before getting that first bus to rope drop? Thanks

Question for those staying at AKL and who also like to rope drop. What did you do for breakfast options? I see The Mara for quick service is scheduled to open at 6:30am. Do they often have any food options available before that time?

Also for those who have gone to The Mara for breakfast, are there long lines around 6:30am to 7:00am as people try to get something to eat before getting that first bus to rope drop? Thanks

If we plan to rope drop early, we either buy a bagel or something the night before and eat in the room, or treat ourselves to breakfast in the park.

Question, and apologies if it’s a dumb one:

If we have booked a Savannah View, and are not DVC, will we be in Jambo House? Or could we still be placed in Kidani Village?

Thanks!

If we have booked a Savannah View, and are not DVC, will we be in Jambo House? Or could we still be placed in Kidani Village?

Thanks!
If you didn't rent DVC points and are staying in a regular room at AKL, you'll be in Jambo House. Jambo is both DVC and cash rooms, while Kidani is DVC. I suppose an unusual situation could come up where they move you, but there's a very high percentage you're staying at Jambo.

Thanks!
It's not a question of whether or not you are a DVC member.

If you go to Disneyworld.com and click on Animal Kingdom Lodge, the search result shows both hotel rooms and DVC rooms on the same page. You have to look at the description of what you are booking. The "Savanna View" options include:
Savanna View - King Bed
Savanna View
Savanna View - Club Level Access
Savanna View - King Bed - Club Level Access
Savanna View - 1 BR Suite - Club Level Access
Deluxe Studio - Savanna View (underneath it says Jambo House in tiny print)
Deluxe Studio - Savanna View (underneath it says Kidani Village in tiny print)

Any of those can be booked as a cash reservation by people who are not DVC members. (Or as a cash reservation by people who are DVC members but want to pay with cash rather than points.)

If you know it's a room and not a studio, then yes, it will be in Jambo House and not Kidani Village. But if you booked a studio (whether on purpose or by mistake), you might have booked Jambo House or you might have booked Kidani Village.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter