It's The Magic That Can Happen When It's Autumn! - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Club Level

Holy updates, Batman!!

I think this is a good idea, although I have to have something outrageous to get me noticed.. Maybe, due to biology and stuff, I could try something actually possible.... a giant mohawk perhaps?! :rotfl:

Yes, I guess this might be more practical/possible. Perhaps with some rad neon colours or something.

Then we finally found our room.
We were in room 1324, on the third floor of the East Wing.
It was beautiful and huge!

Yay!! I have a friend who did a work exchange program for a year at Portofino, and she loved it and said it was beautiful!!

I find the footsteps of children running around in the room above loud enough.. is it not SUPER loud now??? :sad2:)

I'm curious about this, too.

The boat only takes 10 minutes to get to the parks.

I loooove how convenient and quick it is to get to the parks at USO!

We love this attraction.
It’s a shoot-out game like Buzz / Toy Story Mania, and we’re very competitive with each other, so it’s always fun/disastrous.

Agree. And as much as I love those Disney rides, MIB is definitely superior.

We giggled at Jamie’s two names sharing a row on the keychain display :laughing:

36010384136_30b3c87fc2_b.jpg

YAY! The return of Hymie!!

Gringotts was only a 20 minute wait, so we got in line.

No way! Nice!

We rode The Mummy which is one of my favourites at Universal.
Maybe my actual favourite.
It’s so underappreciated and never has much of a line.
It’s a super fast, super fun, classic coaster ride, GAH I love it.

Such a fabulous ride!!

Here’s our salted duche de leche!

36052796905_7c35a18327_c.jpg

This looks delish! :)

After finishing up our shakes we headed into Islands of Adventure!
Although I prefer the attractions at the studios, I much prefer the theming at Islands of Adventure.

I agree. I love the theming on the Islands of Adventure side.

In line we reminisced about last year when a woman ducked her head down between her legs into her handbag on the floor right after the team member announced that the safety bar was coming down :laughing:
The vision of what could’ve happened is hilarious to me.
Fortunately for her, another team member nearby spotted her and emergency stopped the bar :thumbsup2
Some people really do live on another planet :rotfl2:

Oh. My. Gosh. I think I remember reading about this. How hilarious and simultaneously terrible this could have been!

Portofino Bay looks GORJ. I love the Lizzie McGuire vibes it gives off with the mopeds and the gondolas, I'd totally love to stay there.

YAS JAMIE, MY FELLOW SLYTHERIN ("What the h is a Hufflepuff?!")

Omg all these pictures of the sets and decor from HHN is making me so nostalgic. The scare zone outside Diagon Alley was one of the neatest (my friend got one of the best scares of the night over there). I seriously would go back to Universal just for that, it's SOOOOO much fun.

Toothsome looks so delicious. It's like a real life Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. Really wish I had made a reservation when my family came to visit and we went to Universal. Although I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pick one milkshake out of that list to have.

For someone who's usually so up on things, I had NO idea that the Skull Island queue had scare actors!! That makes me even sadder that I skipped it. But I know I'd probably not like the ride. I'm so over all these 3D simulator type rides, it's getting old fast.

Also, I feel personally offended that you hate the weird, psychedelic, totally unnecessary ending of ET because that part is so LIT. Bye.

Those Cowfish burgers look so delicious. I'll have to check that out next time I'm in the Universal CityWalk area, especially since I've never eaten there in the first place.

What a fun day in Universal, can't wait to hear about your second day!

P.S. Most of the Gringotts queue was used during the week of Christmas when I visited with my Fam.

Part 1 – Portofino BAE.

I see what you did there :thumbsup2

One night at Portofino Bay was going to cost us around $300 – and that price includes Express Passes for both of us, for the two days either side of our night’s stay.

So effectively we were saving money by staying there!

I definitely think the hotels with EP are worth it, because they do save money and are often cheaper than Disney hotels but with EP rolled into the price.

“Just so you know, rides that don’t accept the express pass are Forbidden Journey and Escape From Gringotts, i.e. the only ones you want to ride”
:laughing:

They do now!

We found ourselves wandering down here thinking, “this definitely isn’t right.” :scratchin

I love the little shops hallway though.

We also had a beautiful bay view!

Ooo so pretty. We had a view of nothing :rotfl:

And I can’t forget our GINORMOUS bathroom!!!

Yes I loved the bathrooms!

I had to get a photo on this cute pink Vespa.

I did too :laughing:

Btw fun fact- Josh had to go to the Hard Rock to do laundry when we stayed at Portofino Bay and there's cars that go between the EP hotels there so he got a ride in one of those and the guy told him he had just dropped off Chris Kirkpatrick of Nsync. Apparently he loves Portofino Bay so much he actually got married there.

Although he’s slightly terrifying when he stares into your soul…

Yup :eek:

Our first destination was Men In Black (duh!) although we took our time walking around.

That's always ours as well :rotfl:

This time I won :cheer2:
And Hymie didn’t even get the bonus points.

You go girl!

Jamie never remembers that ET says “goodbye” to you by name at the end.

Like most automated systems E.T. really struggles with my name and will say gibberish.

I really enjoyed sitting outside and watching the sunset too, although I wish we were closer to the edge.
Our table was literally right up against the building.
But still, it was very pretty!

It looks so pretty!

Isn’t he precious.

Yes he is. Josh made our fish carry a watermelon for some reason. :scratchin

So it’s justified right?!

Absolutely!!! EP definitely makes staying at a Universal hotel 100% worth it.

“Just so you know, rides that don’t accept the express pass are Forbidden Journey and Escape From Gringotts, i.e. the only ones you want to ride”
:laughing:

I mean, he's not wrong...

I suggested asking someone for directions, but Jamie was ADAMANT that we could do this ourselves :rotfl:

Oh, Hymie. :sad2:

We sailed past Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, which had just opened near City Walk a few days ago. I was eager to try it at some point :thumbsup2

The ice cream there is AH-MAZING!

(For those who missed it in my previous trip report, last year Jamie kept getting his name misread as Jaime – which apparently is pronounced like “Hymie”.
We found this very amusing, and I still call him Hymie to this day.)

Seriously one of my favorite stories of all time:rotfl:

P.S. YAY for a fellow Hufflepuff!!! :cool1:

So fun!!!! Great idea to spend a night at Universal.

I need some Cowfish!! So disappointed to hear that the new Kong ride is another simulation ride. It opened the day after we left last summer so we haven't rode it yet.
I agree with you on the Mummy ride! My fave too!

So effectively we were saving money by staying there!
Vacation logic!

35918682451_4026bf06bc_b.jpg

35662993980_ebaa475716_b.jpg

35662993440_844fe6187a_b.jpg
I love the theme of this hotel! It looks so fancy!

(PS. I hate the new vinyl floors in the Disney room refurbs at the Yacht Club and Pop... :sad:
I find the footsteps of children running around in the room above loud enough.. is it not SUPER loud now??? :sad2:)
Yes!!! Why would I want to step on a cold, hard floor after walking 12 million miles a day?

We had a look around the Kwik-E-Mart and found this GREAT shirt.

35881232012_e37377e5ae_c.jpg
I need this shirt!

We rode The Mummy which is one of my favourites at Universal.
Maybe my actual favourite.
It’s so underappreciated and never has much of a line.
It’s a super fast, super fun, classic coaster ride, GAH I love it.
The Mummy is my favorite too. I would honestly go to Universal just for this ride.

The express line was 30 minutes long!
Compared to a 60-minute standby line.
I'm surprised you can use the express pass for Kong since it's the newest ride.

This was all just about the 3D screens and simulations really.
This is what I don't like about Universal. All of the rides are 3D simulators and it gets old to me.

Hey!!! Delighted to see more updates WHOOOOP!

First of all before I forget, the photo with the white face and tanned legs, does your make-up have spf? That'll make your face appear whiter on camera, especially if you use a flash or there is a lot of light in the room!

Boma breakfast is one of my favourites, they have so much choice!

We've also made the mistake of sitting right by the speakers for the kids entertainment! That second spot you went to looks lovely! Where is that exactly? We're planning a chilled pool day after the half marathon in November :D

Loved reading about Jiko, we are going for the first time this year! Can't wait to have the filet with mac and cheese!

The safari looks fun!

You can get chocolate milk in the lounge??!! OMG... I LOVE chocolate milk so much...

So... I've also always wanted to be the rebel spy... and then... IT HAPPENED!! I was in DLP last month and I was the rebel spy!! It had been a long day and I was super tired and couldn't stop yawning... well I was caught mid yawn for what has to be the least attractive rebel spy photo of all time! Everyone laughed when it came up! We weren't quick enough to grab a photo but this is pretty similar
hqdefault.jpg

(I just yawned while picking a yawn photo... SO CONTAGIOUS!)

To top off my embarrassing experience I couldn't even buy a rebel spy shirt because they don't have them at DLP. :(

They didn't have surf n turf on the menu at Narcoossee's!!!
anigif_original-22568-1460618232-12.gif

I'm hoping it's on there when we visit!

I've always thought about doing a night at Universal for the same reasons you did, looking forward to reading more about it but looks great so far! Your evening in Citywalk looks great, I've always wanted to spend more time there!

Ahh, we love US/IOA so fun. We stayed at RPR last October for the first time and loved the EP. MIB is like Buzz on steroids lol! Enjoying your report!

Does that mean it's CGI or could it be a bad camera? It wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing was CGI, I just remember this video, and I'm hoping it's not..?

Can't see the vid. At work.

But... from the side, when they show the Taj Mahal?

It's in chunks. No way it's from a camera.

:laughing: It should definitely be an international holiday

Let's work on that!

I mean the first time I went to New York our exchange rate was $2 to £1. So this sweater would have technically been £25 for me.. Now its like £40.

Still pricey either way, but... yeah. I see your point.

It's coming dear :thumbsup2

I SHOULD HOPE SO!

A GIANT BUT??!

:lmao:

Awesome typo.

However, I'd rather have a large bug fall on me than a large but.

I think you can still do it at Art of Animation resort!

Did not know this!

He voices the robot?!!? Huh! Didn't know that either.

I'm going to dedicate an entire day to riding Star Tours round and round until I'm picked :laughing:

I mean it's gotta happen at some point!

I would be horrified!! I don't think it will though.

It better not.

I'll..... pout.

No one wants to see that.

If it was a long ride/experience and I really loved it, then maybe. But Rock n Roller is literally about 60 seconds long.. not worth it.

Hmmm.... maybe...

Whoa! Did not know!!! What's it called?

Water bottle.

Pedro!!!

(Just kidding I do know it, but I feel like there's a reason you keep it quiet and I will respect that) :thumbsup2

Nah. Just don't use it.

Would you?? If it doesn't take too long/you're not busy?!

No problem.
Did you want to email me (you still have my email?) the file?
Or just use the one on the DIS?

Just found your trip report and following along! Fellow Brit here :) Love your sense of humour have snorted out loud with laughter a couple of times!

Whew!! I have some catching up to do!! Love the TR as always :goodvibes

UNICORN FISH.

34086503554_2c6c37948a_b.jpg

Mom and I saw this little guy right next to us at T-Rex and called him the same thing!! :rotfl:

Then we headed out of the Seas, throwing some shade back at condescending seahorse on the way.

34086501554_ddd7a7f459_b.jpg

HAHA the shade! What a great photo op!!

The ride didn’t recognise our photos for the whooole trip this year.
We were a bit disappointed because we always have a good giggle at that part and I like sharing our goofy pictures.
Ah well.

Ahhhh our pictures didn't show up either and we were very sad :( They showed up when I went in March though, so whatever it was they fixed it!

We headed straight to The Land so that I could ride one of my favourite Epcot rides.
“Wait, but you said your Soarin’ fastpass wasn’t for another 45 minutes”
Errrrm ya. I’m talking about Living With the Land, duh!

YES I love Living with the Land! It's soooo calming.

The ending of this movie really bugs us both :rotfl:
I knew it was going to get an animated reaction from Jamie so I recorded it :laughing:

(For background, this scene is the final dinner of the school year where Dumbledore awards the house cup. THE GREAT HALL IS DECKED OUT IN SLYTHERIN DÉCOR WHEN THEY ENTER.)

“THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED AGAINST US!!!!”
:rotfl:

HAHAHA the beeps :rotfl2:Sounds like Jamie and my boyfriend Tom have a lot in common...

RIP Harambe…

34797792161_b5287d6b3b_c.jpg

...And this solidifies it!! They'd be BFFs :thumbsup2

Good morning!
It’s Animal Kingdom Lodge appreciation day!

Yay! Loved this post as it makes me so excited to stay there! :woohoo:

Here’s where we were seated:

34959048334_3bdb259370_b.jpg

So I'm pretty sure Mom and I were seated in that exact same spot, haha!

OMG, they were EVERYWHERE!

Then this weird snake-looking lizard appeared, and Harry got all defensive, arching his back and protracting his red throat thingy, and they had a little standoff.

I NOTICED THIS TOO! When we visited in 2015, we took the walking path from Kidani to Jambo and literally saw like hundreds of these guys!

For example, Jiko is Swahili for the cooking place, and throughout the restaurant they have these canoe birds flying above, that in Africa are a sign of a long and prosperous life, which is what they wish for all of their patrons!

35667309491_789ed876a9_b.jpg

Wow Jiko is beautiful!

First entry to Kidani Village ever!
Oh my, it is beautiful and it smells GREAT!
I wish Jambo smelled more like this and less like general food.

35667300761_8a126cc4aa_b.jpg

As is the Kidani Village lobby! AKL in general is just gorgeous.

Or maybe..
There's just not a lot to do at Hollywood Studios right now :laughing:

You're preaching to the choir, girlfriend :lmao:

Sometimes travelling in early September feels like you’re just running from air conditioned building to air conditioned building :laughing:

HAHA I totally agree! One time while walking from Epcot to the BC, Mom and I literally stopped at every country in World Showcase just for a break from the heat!

This was our first time ever dining at Narcoossee’s!
We checked in and waited to be seated.

Excited to read about this as well because we are eating here for the first time next month!! :goodvibes It sounded delicious!

Plus I just love exploring new hotels.

IPNwgQb.gif

So it’s justified right?!
Yes I think so.

Yes! Sometime if I take a longer Disney trip, I'll save a day exclusively for hotel exploration.

WOW Portofino Bay looks gorgeous! Kind of like an Italian GF :laughing: Also it reminds me so much of the Lizzie Mcguire Movie! (As I am uncultured and haven't been anywhere in Europe so this is the closest I have been to experiencing Italy :rotfl:)

So we went to ride The Simpsons!

35242069163_2a17801e6f_c.jpg

Tom and I are doing a day at Universal this trip and this is the main reason, lol! Tom's favorite show is the Simpsons so he is so hyped about this!

Then we watched some people come down the crazy Ripsaw Falls ride that gets everybody completely soaked.

35881213912_b65fd90313_c.jpg

Ew I hate that ride.

I've never been on it, but Mom said that the one time she rode it her neck hurt for a whole week after that :crazy2:

Do people seriously use these for sushi?
In fact, do people seriously use these EVER?!
Wow.
So tricky.
Much difficulty.

11874-doge-wow-doge.png

LOVE the Doge, haha. And I eat sushi a ton and always just use my hands (did I say I was uncultured? Welp... :tongue:)

Once we were back in the room I showered in our GINORMOUS BATHROOM, and we got into bed and watched Step Brothers on TV :thumbsup2

35242006623_68519837da_b.jpg

Gets me every time.

4-Step-Brothers-quotes.gif

giphy.gif

Hahah what a classic. I love the blue juice in the wine glass :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Did you store your main luggage with bell services at AKL and check out for the one night you were at Portofino? Or did you pay for two hotel rooms that night even though you were only at one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!