#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

Hi Ryan!

I'm very late to this TR but have enjoyed reading! Congrats on completing another RunDisney weekend! Reading about them is always enjoyable. All the food you ate on this trip looks great, and that elephant tour you did at DAK looks great! Definitely something I think I would want to look into for the future.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your review on the Storybook Dining at WL! It looks like so much fun!!

--Alison

Hi Ryan!

I'm very late to this TR but have enjoyed reading! Congrats on completing another RunDisney weekend! Reading about them is always enjoyable. All the food you ate on this trip looks great, and that elephant tour you did at DAK looks great! Definitely something I think I would want to look into for the future.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your review on the Storybook Dining at WL! It looks like so much fun!!

--Alison
Thanks for reading Alison! It was a great time.

Been a busy week hopefully tomorrow I’ll get that Storybook dining review up!

Finally caught up on your TR!

Congratulations on completing the marathon and the Dopey Challenge!

Love your photos!

That's really cool that you got on the safari while the giraffe was giving birth!

Finally caught up on your TR!

Congratulations on completing the marathon and the Dopey Challenge!

Love your photos!

That's really cool that you got on the safari while the giraffe was giving birth!
Thanks!

It was! Definitely an experience you can’t get every time!

IDK how I was so late to this trip review, but I am all caught up. Great job Marathon Weekend! You covered so much ground in addition to all the runDisney events. It sounds like it was a really awesome trip. I LOVE the lion pictures you got on the safari! Caring for Giants was something I was always tempted to do and after seeing your pictures and review, I just booked it.

IDK how I was so late to this trip review, but I am all caught up. Great job Marathon Weekend! You covered so much ground in addition to all the runDisney events. It sounds like it was a really awesome trip. I LOVE the lion pictures you got on the safari! Caring for Giants was something I was always tempted to do and after seeing your pictures and review, I just booked it.
Thanks for reading! I always try to pack a lot in.

You’re going to love Caring for Giants!

Great TR Ryan! Love all the pictures! I may or may not have copied a few to use as my own. :)

Does the Caring for Giants tour tend to sell out? Wondering how far in advance I need to book it.

Great TR Ryan! Love all the pictures! I may or may not have copied a few to use as my own. :)

Does the Caring for Giants tour tend to sell out? Wondering how far in advance I need to book it.
Thanks! You definitely can use some of mine.

I walked up the same day and asked what availability they had. I think I asked around 11AM and got a spot on the 1PM tour. The one I was on was sold out after I took the last spot but they did have spots on the tours after me as well. There is an AP discount but its not listed online.

Storybook Dining!

From the Magic Kingdom I took the boat to the Wilderness Lodge. I really love the look of this resort and hope to stay there soon. I was really excited to try out the new Storybook Dining at the Artist Point. I never tried the old Artist Point before so this was my first experience in this space. I was dining with @Princess KP for this.

IMG_2965 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2966 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2967 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

We were seated in the corner along the windows.

IMG_2972 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

This meal is a set price and you pick an entrée from the menu and get all of the appetizers and desserts. Here are the apps:

IMG_2973 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2974 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I was really surprised by this one. The marshmallow and squash soup was quite good even though I don't like squash. I also really like the hunters pie. I let KP have the shrimp cocktail.

IMG_2975 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then first up was Snow White!

IMG_2977 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

For my main dish I got the prime rib. It was between that and the chicken but I was very pleased with the choice I made.

IMG_2976 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Everything was really good and well prepared. I know it had some mixed reviews but prime rib is supposed to be prepared on the medium rare side and I thought even then it was really good. We also were some of the first guests of the day so not sure that had anything to do with it.

Each character is "presented" to the dining area with a song and then they also all do a parade of sorts dancing around.

IMG_2981 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2982 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Grumpy was next...

IMG_2984 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And then the one we were waiting for Dopey! I also had Dopey sign my medal but I don't have a photo of it.

IMG_2990 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2993 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Dessert time!

IMG_2995 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2997 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The chocolate heart presentation "Hunter's gift to the queen" was really cool.

IMG_2998 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3001 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3002 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I really liked all the desserts but the Miner's Treasure was probably my favorite.

IMG_3003 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then after our meal we met the Queen. She was very stern.

IMG_3005 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After dinner I said goodbye to KP and headed off to the MK to catch a bus back to Pop.

It was time to leave Walt Disney World and my 5th consecutive Marathon Weekend.

IMG_3006 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3007 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Overall this was my favorite runDisney weekend to date. I had so much fun and couldn't have asked for anymore great experiences with friends. runDisney certainly has its issues and I will call them out on them but I really enjoy the races and the friends it has given me. I will continue to do them as long as I can in whatever capacity I can.

Thank you all for reading another trip report of mine. Can't wait until the next one!

Great Trip Report!

Thank you for sharing all of your experiences with us!

Congratulations on completing the Dopey Challenge once again!

Very nice video of your trip!

I'm looking forward to the next TR from you!

Great Trip Report!

Thank you for sharing all of your experiences with us!

Congratulations on completing the Dopey Challenge once again!

Very nice video of your trip!

I'm looking forward to the next TR from you!
Thanks for following along!

I need to actually book a trip in order for that next trip report. I have ideas and plans but nothing set in stone!

What a fantastic trip! Storybook is now one of my favorite character meals. I met the same Queen, she was a RIOT. I highly recommend staying at WL at least once (but I'm biased).

What a fantastic trip! Storybook is now one of my favorite character meals. I met the same Queen, she was a RIOT. I highly recommend staying at WL at least once (but I'm biased).
Thanks! I agree I really enjoyed that meal!

I’ll stay at WL soon enough hopefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!