I've Waited 6 Years For This, So Let the Planning Begin!!

kemomurp

Disneyland Afficionado WDW Dreamer
Alright. This is my first every Pre-Trip Report...well my first thread ever here on the Dis! A little background: My name is Keely and I found the Dis when I was first out of college and stuck at a job I hated in 2011. I think I clicked on something Disney related on Pinterest and BOOOM it sent me here. Ahhhhh the heavens had opened up and almost immediately I found myself obsessed. I ready every trip report and Pre-Trip report I could get my hands on. Access to the Dis almost made me excited to go to work lol. But alas the job was unbearable and even though that job ended the obsession with the Dis never stopped :)

Flash forward to 2017, six years after finding the Dis. I am getting married!!!! I met my fiance Bryan online about 3 and half years ago. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area (I am born and raised here) but he's from Upstate New York. He came from a family who LOVES Disney as much as I do. They spent all their vacations at the parks in Florida. I came from a family who moderately loves Disney. We would go to Disneyland about once a year but never ever would my parents have spent vacation time taking us to WDW :( lol . See about 7 months after meeting Bryan he told me that his family would be going to WDW and I freaked. There were two exciting things about this, 1) I had NEVER been to Wdw and 2) I would get to meet his family whom I had yet to meet, apart from his awesome brother and sis-in-law (more on them later). So we flew out to Florida on our first Valentine's Day to meet up with his family and spend a week at the parks. I was beyond excited and nervous of course. It was a great trip and his family is just amazing. I love them so much and am so thankful I get to be a part of their clan from here on out. Overall it was a great trip and first experience at the parks except for the fact that I was super super sick. I mean like feverish, zombie-like and beyond congested. I needed a do-over.

That brings us to today and this thread. Bryan asked me to marry him on April Fools of this year and of course I said yes!! He is by far the best thing that ever happened to me and his love of Disney just further cements our soul mate status hahaha. So when the time came to decide where to Honeymoon it was a no-brainer!! Bermuda of course!!!! LOL but really WDW is where we are going to spend two weeks together to do our own thing and make memories, celebrate our wedding and I just cannot wait. Heres a pic of us IMG_3546.JPG

Alright the next post will be filled with some of our plans. I am totally looking for some input and help as we plan our big trip to the World :)

Last edited:
Ok so lets talk about planning! We are getting married the end of April next year. I work in a high school and our last day is May 25, so it would be silly of us to take a two week vacation right before school ended. That being said we are looking to head to the world apx May 29th to June 12th. I know the crowds could be potentially nuts but thats when we want to go. Has anyone gone during that time? And what was your experience?

Last edited:
Update time! So it has been a few months but there has been a major update to all of our planning. IT'S OFFICIAL! :banana:We are booked to stay at Saratoga Springs June 2-12 and Animal Kingdom Lodge 12-16. I am beyond excited!!!!!

Now the fun stuff begins. So far the only dining reservation I have booked is the California Grill Sunday Brunch, I cannot wait for that meal as I feel like I have been reading about it forever.
Bryan and I need to go over our list of must dos but for the most part we are both pretty relaxed and will be happy to just be in Disney together:love:.

Our basic wants are:
  • Drink around the world
  • Monorail Crawl :drinking1
  • Pandora
  • Hoop De Doo
Our restaurant wants are:
  • Monsieur Paul
  • O'Hana
  • Be Our Guest
  • Coral Reef (per Bryan's request:rolleyes1)
We have lots more we want to do and when I have a list I will update the PTR ::yes::

Just so excited and if anyone has a tips or tricks on how to beat the heat in June please share :jumping1:

Hi, I am following along. My son and I are going to be there around the same time for a short trip. I haven't been in June (though we go a lot!) but I have in August and it's gonna be HOT. Get those sport cooling towels... they really work. And let me tell you, deodorant in places you normally wouldn't put it can be pretty helpful too :rotfl2:.

You'll love Monsieur Paul. It was my husband and I's first "fancy" night out at Disney on our first trip after we got married, and we had a great time.

Hi, I am following along. My son and I are going to be there around the same time for a short trip. I haven't been in June (though we go a lot!) but I have in August and it's gonna be HOT. Get those sport cooling towels... they really work. And let me tell you, deodorant in places you normally wouldn't put it can be pretty helpful too :rotfl2:.

You'll love Monsieur Paul. It was my husband and I's first "fancy" night out at Disney on our first trip after we got married, and we had a great time.
Ahh thank you so much for the tips! We def need some cooling towels as we are people who tend to run "hot" in general haha. I am so excited to hear that you and your hubby loved Monsieur Paul, cannot wait to try it out!!

Following!

May I recommend Yachtsman Steakhouse for a special night out? Amazing food!
Future hubby loves Yachtsman so I think that is a place we will most likely go, probably after a night adventuring around the world in Epcot haha

Update time! So it has been a few months but there has been a major update to all of our planning. IT'S OFFICIAL! :banana:We are booked to stay at Saratoga Springs June 2-12 and Animal Kingdom Lodge 12-16. I am beyond excited!!!!!

Now the fun stuff begins. So far the only dining reservation I have booked is the California Grill Sunday Brunch, I cannot wait for that meal as I feel like I have been reading about it forever.
Bryan and I need to go over our list of must dos but for the most part we are both pretty relaxed and will be happy to just be in Disney together:love:.

Our basic wants are:
  • Drink around the world
  • Monorail Crawl :drinking1
  • Pandora
  • Hoop De Doo
Our restaurant wants are:
  • Monsieur Paul
  • O'Hana
  • Be Our Guest
  • Coral Reef (per Bryan's request:rolleyes1)
We have lots more we want to do and when I have a list I will update the PTR ::yes::

Just so excited and if anyone has a tips or tricks on how to beat the heat in June please share :jumping1:

As per, https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-crowd-calendar/

"June 1-30 - summer used to be super busy, but crowds have been dispersed a bit differently in recent years, so expect fairly busy crowds in June, but not as busy as in past years"

Here is another link that may be helpful:
https://wdwprepschool.com/june-at-disney-world/

As per, https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-crowd-calendar/

"June 1-30 - summer used to be super busy, but crowds have been dispersed a bit differently in recent years, so expect fairly busy crowds in June, but not as busy as in past years"

Here is another link that may be helpful:
https://wdwprepschool.com/june-at-disney-world/

Thank you so much for this info!! It has definitely put me a bit at ease! I wish we could travel at a different time, but working in a school you just gotta make it work. Appreciate the advice:disrocks:

So, I was at WDW last year from 6/3 to 6/13 so I know how the weather at that time can be! I second the cooling towels! They were a life saver!
Look into getting a small battery operated fan/mister. They have them on walmart.com for like $5! Mine has a clip on it, so I just hooked it onto my backpack and used it as needed. It was the best thing ever!
Be prepared for rain. It rained a lot when I was there. There were days that everyone decided against going to the parks (except me) because it was raining so much. I just pushed through with my poncho and a hand towel to dry my glasses and seats of benches/rides. No weather system is taking away from my park time!
Enjoy your trip and Congrats!

So, I was at WDW last year from 6/3 to 6/13 so I know how the weather at that time can be! I second the cooling towels! They were a life saver!
Look into getting a small battery operated fan/mister. They have them on walmart.com for like $5! Mine has a clip on it, so I just hooked it onto my backpack and used it as needed. It was the best thing ever!
Be prepared for rain. It rained a lot when I was there. There were days that everyone decided against going to the parks (except me) because it was raining so much. I just pushed through with my poncho and a hand towel to dry my glasses and seats of benches/rides. No weather system is taking away from my park time!
Enjoy your trip and Congrats!

A clip fan sounds like an excellent idea!!!! I don't mind the rain either it kind of even makes it a little fun haha. Thanks for the tips and the congrats:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!