I've got an alternative title for this forum

I'm sorry you are struggling. I don't feel that way at all. Our plans are set and we are happy

Thank you, I'm still happy.:flower:

Just struggling with decisiveness. Or indecisiveness as the case maybe:hyper2:
Coupled with Disney changes, it's not as easy as I once thought it to be.
I'm fully aware it's a delightful struggle to be having.

And very excited for Friday 9/29.

I changed our plans so many times I was spinning. It was rough going for a bit since ADRs were really tough for Thanksgiving week. We have some winging it days, but we are set for the most part now! The struggle IS real :)

Thank you, I'm still happy.:flower:

Just struggling with decisiveness. Or indecisiveness as the case maybe:hyper2:
Coupled with Disney changes, it's not as easy as I once thought it to be.
I'm fully aware it's a delightful struggle to be having.

And very excited for Friday 9/29.
Oh I completely agree! Super excited to be going to Disney and know that whatever happens that we will have a great time...but you can have your plans set and then Disney changes park hours and it makes you completely reevaluate everything because...well now I can add this!...or do this...or maybe I should just stick with this...:-)

I just try to remember that most of the time it seems like when I am changing stuff it's because a new opportunity arose. I've had to rejigger my plan a lot and it can be a little frustrating (and a little fun). But at least for me it's largely been because I found out about a cool event I didn't know about or I got a second FP for FOP or I scored an ADR I didn't think I would get. The next one will likely be when they extend the park hours, if they do--which will be frustrating but will just make my plans that much better. I just feel fortunate that it seems like nothing is being taken away and the "frustration" is that they keep adding cool stuff. Good problem to have in my book.

I agree that the struggle is real. This vacation is a TON of work! It will all pay off... I think... and hope... but goodness - this is a lot to arrange before we go!

I don't like to plan out my WDW vacations in much detail. I know, that would drive some people on here crazy! But the blessing is that changing hours have never really affected me.

Other than FP+ and ADRs, I usually have just an outline of which park(s) to visit each day, sometimes literally on the back of an envelope. I've really only gone with people with spur-of-the-moment styles, and also on solo trips... so that hasn't been a problem.

Anyway, not saying this style is "right" or "wrong" but I guess it shows one can do WDW spontaneously and still really enjoy it!

I don't like to plan out my WDW vacations in much detail. I know, that would drive some people on here crazy! But the blessing is that changing hours have never really affected me.

Other than FP+ and ADRs, I usually have just an outline of which park(s) to visit each day, sometimes literally on the back of an envelope. I've really only gone with people with spur-of-the-moment styles, and also on solo trips... so that hasn't been a problem.

Anyway, not saying this style is "right" or "wrong" but I guess it shows one can do WDW spontaneously and still really enjoy it!

We tour the same way - by the seat of our pants.

One, maybe two ADR's during a 2 week trip, FPs booked, and quite often missed because we don't let them dictate our whims.

It's the only way to do Disney IMO. No plans - I leave that stuff for "real life".

So no struggles here. Other than settling on a vacation date :-)

As a family of 8, no prior plan would mean fewer opportunities once we get there. Riding together is somewhat important to us. Dining together is a given. It also worked out to $500/day for 5-day tix for the 8 of us. That's a steep price to be willing to wing it. I'd rather work hard upfront to maximize my ROI vs come home feeling like I'd paid for nothing.

It's not like this for any other vacation we enjoy, OP. The struggle IS real. I can't do WDW as often as I used to. It wasn't always like planning and amphibious assault! ;)

I am a planner. I love this stuff. if it were up to just me, I'd plan a trip to within an inch of its life. (And it would be MAGICAL) but I travel with people who are way more laid back than me.
So my planning goal is this- simply to avoid me saying "what do we want to do next?" Followed by 5 adults saying they don't care, and the child saying "get ice cream!" Because THAT situation gives me more anxiety than moving things around in my trusty trip planning notebook.

I am a planner. I love this stuff. if it were up to just me, I'd plan a trip to within an inch of its life. (And it would be MAGICAL) but I travel with people who are way more laid back than me.
So my planning goal is this- simply to avoid me saying "what do we want to do next?" Followed by 5 adults saying they don't care, and the child saying "get ice cream!" Because THAT situation gives me more anxiety than moving things around in my trusty trip planning notebook.

Yes; your last sentence is a far worse scenario.
My favorite plan with such folks is where it doesn't actually seem like one :earsgirl::earsboy:

I don't mind planning as much as I mind WDW making changes too close to my trip for me to make changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter