I'VE DONE THIS BEFORE - October 2018 Girls Trip! Completed 2/13! New TR Link!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Cloe Colton, Nov 29, 2018.

1. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

So much fun!!! Awesome to get 3 rides on Dinosaur in a row!

2. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

We had a great day! It honestly took me a few trips to get up the courage to try Satuli Canteen and now I think it's my favorite QS! I think the menu as a whole looks kind of overwhelming, especially to picky eaters but I feel like most kids can get by with a cheese quesidilla! (Which is why we got that as an extra side in case my Mom or sister didn't like what they picked :rotfl:) But you should definitely try it on your next trip!

Thanks!

Hahaha any time I think of the Finding Nemo show I get most of the songs stuck in my head, they are all so darn catchy!

I feel like we usually alternate between Nemo and Festival of the Lion King, I really enjoy both! I was hoping to do FOTLK during this trip but it just didn't make sense for us to trek all the way over to Africa from Everest just to come back for Dinosaur haha hopefully in March we'll get to do it!

I feel like that Everest photo spot is just so picturesque! I love stopping there!

I love it too! Oh no, hopefully your back will be in better shape by your next trip! I was actually kind of bummed when Pandora first opened because that would mean I wouldn't be booking a FP for Dinosaur but now that I've gotten a handle on FP refresh it

It was so fun! And I honestly probably could have gotten more if I wanted to! It was crazy how many were popping up!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

If you like a Mcdonalds cheeseburger then you will like the cheeseburger pods! haha

I can't wait to try the Night Blossum with rum or whatever the alcoholic version of it is!

I could ride FOP over and over and never get sick of it!

It's so hard to fit all of your favorite foods in on a trip! I'm finding that the more I try, the more I don't know where I want to eat because there are just so many amazing restaurants!

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  5. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Ooh I've never seen the Nemo show--it looks so cute! I'll have to see about fitting it in.

Also, all the Dinosaur rides look like so much fun!

6. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

Three rides in a row on Dinosaur is three rides too many :laughing: Not really, but I don't love it. I'll go on if the line is short but after one time, I'm done.

Yay, for heading to the Poly for the last night :love::cool1:

Cloe Colton likes this.
  7. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Fun day at AK. I love Dinosaur and I can't wait to ride it again in May!!! You are so awesome at snagging extra FP's...

Cloe Colton likes this.
  8. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Its definitely worth seeing! Its not quite as moving as FOTLK but its still a cute show and the music is really catchy! Plus the colors are just amazing!

Its so fun!

Haha when my brother was on his trip I was keeping an eye on their fastpasses and would do some refreshing for them and he kept texting me saying "where are you seeing these fastpasses?!" Made me feel like a Disney planning superstar :rotfl:

disneyAndi14 and Jenny Sanders like this.
  9. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Day 5 Part 3 October 9th

I received our room ready text as we were walking out of Animal Kingdom. DH actually got the alert too since he was still logged into my MDE from our July trip and texted me to let me know our room was ready :rotfl:

I was super excited to be spending our last night in the Polynesian Villas. I had rented points to stay here and would have loved to have done more than just the one night but by the time we booked this was the only night available so we were happy to even be able to stay here at all! (I was surprised there was even availability this night being F&W season and the night of MNSSHP so I guess we were lucky!)

I really love the look and layout of the rooms in the villas and the Polynesian has always been one of my favorite resorts! (I feel like my heart just belongs in the Polynesia somewhere!) I actually think that from the pictures I've seen of the rooms on the normal side of the Polynesian that I prefer the villas side. But I've never stayed in those so I can't say for sure! (Although CL at the Poly looks pretty darn amazing! :love:)

We made it to our room fairly easy, the parking lot was actually really close to our building, Moorea. We were renting a lakeview studio and were put on the first floor. I had originally sent in a Touring Plans requesting a room on an upper floor in hopes of watching the Hallowishes from there but Disney knew better and we actually ended up loving our first floor room!

I apologize for the quality of the room pics. I was so excited to be here that I only took a video even though I always tell myself to get room pics before doing anything (and I never remember to do so!) I really love the double bathrooms in the Poly villas. If I ever buy DVC, I would definitely want to own at the Polynesian! (Did I mention I almost bought 75 points resale a few weeks ago :rotfl: DH and I decided against it for now because it realistically wouldn't be enough points for us. Maybe someday!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We actually had a dining reservation to get to this night so we took an hour to change and freshen up before heading out. I personally did a super quick change because my friend had texted me about the Hatbox ghost mug that had come out that day and wanted to see if I could get him one. So I made the trek over to Trader Sam’s to see what the situation was.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought it looked promising since there was a bit of a line waiting at the bar. As it was the first day they were out I stupidly thought that maybe I would get lucky and be able to get one.

Well, I waited in line for probably about fifteen minutes only to find out that they had given out a limited number of wristbands to get the mug earlier in the day and the people in front of me had all gotten the wristbands. I decided to not let my waiting be for nothing and ordered two HippopotoMai-Tais to bring back with me to the room. In the grand scheme of things it was probably better that it wasn't available because I was in a bit of a moral delimma. I was really up in the air that if I could get one wouldn't I want to keep it for myself? Or do I give it to the person who really really wants it? In the end, I was actually happy I didn't have to decide and instead got some yummy drinks for us to drink while we finished getting ready!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really loved the view from our room. I mean we were basically at the TTC but we could still see the bungalows, the beach, the castle and it was fun to watch the ferry go back and forth!

[​IMG]

Once Calista was ready, we took some more photos out on the beach. It was super convenient to be able to walk directly out from our room to take these photos and goof around while we were all still getting ready!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couple more pictures of the room before we left for dinner!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Mom was really excited to be staying at the Polynesian and the room was my treat to her. We did a similar split stay for my “Disney bachelorette” (aka just an excuse for the three of us to go to Disney!) but we didn’t have lake view and my Mom just absolutely loves having a view of the water. So this was a dream room for her! Hopefully someday I can treat her to a trip completely at the Polynesian! (Although I don’t think she’d ever want to leave the resort! Lol)

For dinner we were off to Sanaa, neither my Mom nor Calista had ever eaten here and I was sure they would love it!

So for those of you who have a car during your trips know that the guards at the resorts have become super strict with letting people in to just look around the resorts. It seems the only way to really do so now is with a dining reservation or by using Disney transportation. The guards are also very sporatic in what they ask for in terms of proof so it is slightly annoying because you don't know what you will get. (Some just ask for ID, some ask for you name, some ask for your magic band and some have asked to see the reservation in MDE so its always a toss up!) So even though we had a reservation for dinner and were totally allowed to be going to AKL my Mom was stressed about talking to the guard when we pulled up and because she was so anxious she told them we were going to Sanai :rotfl2: The guard politely corrected her and me and Calista found it hysterical because my Mom had just repeated the name correctly multiple times to us before pulling up!

They checked our reservation and we made our way to Kidani Village. Since I have the TIW card I had my Mom drop the car off at valet. (It’s free so why not! :banana:)
    and w e made our way to check in. They took my number to text me when our table would be ready.

[​IMG]

We thought we'd have a bit of a wait so we decided to make our way out to see the savanna. Well, I think I got the text that our table was ready as soon as we were opening the door to go outside so we still took a minute to look at the savanna and get a picture.

[​IMG]

We made our way back in and were seated somewhere in the middle of the restaurant. We didn’t get a table by the window like I would have hoped but I also didn't request it at check in or really care too much because the sun had pretty much set by the time we were getting seated so I don’t think we would have seen much anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To eat we started of course with the bread service and the cheese board.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had talked up the bread service so much to my Mom and sister that I was hopeful they would like it! And they LOVED it! My Mom told me after the fact that she was underwhelmed by how the bread service looked when it was being delivered to other tables around us and didn’t think it would be that good but this meal ended up being her second favorite of the trip (behind Morimotos) and Calista’s favorite! I am glad that we didn’t go here until this trip though because only recently has Calista really started trying more foods and started liking spicier foods. So it was right up her alley – now. Had we come last year or the year before I’m not sure she would have loved it as much! I also was more adventurous when it came to trying the dips than the last time I was there in 2016. Now I am craving some bread service!!

The cheese board was delicious as well. Although I’m not sure I’ve ever met a cheese I didn’t like so I could be biased :rotfl2:

You can see from the picture we did a pretty good job polishing off the milder dips and the cheese board, we enjoyed them all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For dinner, my Mom and I split the grilled New York Strip and Calista had the African inspired Biryani with Shrimp.

[​IMG]

Again, we loved everything! And it was plenty of food for us even though we only ordered two entrees. I’m glad we didn’t get three or we may have exploded!

Our waiter was nice enough to take a picture of us.

[​IMG]

After dinner we went back out to the savanna to check out the night vision goggles. It was definitely fun to check out. We could see a giraffe not too far off and zebras and wildebeest milling about.

[​IMG]

After our animal viewing we stopped in the giftshop on our way out. I know my Mom bought something but I can’t remember for the life of me what it was. Whatever she bought, she donated to the Conservation fund so I got a cool button :goodvibes

[​IMG]

When we got back to the Polynesian we went straight to Trader Sams to try some more drinks on the outside patio. My Mom was feeling left out earlier that she couldn't drink any since she had to drive :rotfl: I suppose we could have tried for a table inside but it was such a beautiful night and we were heading home to much colder weather so the patio was the better option! I’m pretty sure we ordered two of the Krakatoa Punch, a shrunken Zombie head and a Mosquito Mojito.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were all super delicious and and went down without a problem. I will say though, the drinks here were super expensive. They did seem stronger than a normal drink though so I guess it all kind of worked out! (We didn’t care TOO much about the prices – it is vacation after all!) My Mom was also very impressed by their straw designs - its the little things :rotfl:

After our drinks we made our way back to the room to throw our swimsuits on. The main pool was closing at 10 this night so we would have about a half hour to swim around and enjoy the slide. Can I just say, I get these pools close for safety reasons but it really stinks that you now have to choose between a late night in the parks or getting to swim at your resort. I feel like they should be a swim at your own risk. Some of my favorite memories are late night swims as a kid in Disney so its really a shame that it can no longer be a thing. :confused3 Like why can't the gates open only if a magic band and finger print of someone older than 18 opens it? That seems like a way to make sure kids aren't swimming without supervision and still get to enjoy the pools!

We made it to the pool and our first stop was the slide. Calista and I literally could have been the parents of all of the little kids that were waiting to go down the slide. We felt a little silly and out of place but we still did the slide because we wanted to have fun! Haha

[​IMG]

At ten, we hopped out of the pool and moseyed on over to the beach. This was a MNSSHP night so we would get to watch the Hallowishes fireworks! I was really excited for this when I booked the Polynesian for our last night here because the fireworks are my favorite part of the parties and I would still get to enjoy them without paying the extra money for our tickets! Plus we could really appreciate the perimeter fireworks from our view!

[​IMG]

We were actually pretty surprised how few people were camped out on the beach for the fireworks. We were able to get a great spot and didn’t really have anyone crowding us or blocking our view. We weren’t able to get the coveted beach chairs but we had our towels from the pool so we just sat on those and it worked out great! Truthfully, it was a much better experience than the HEA dessert party! My Mom said it was her second favorite memory of the trip (first being Cali Grill brunch). I was actually kind of happy that our room wasn't where I requested because I would have felt the need to rush us back to our room to watch from there and this worked out much better!

[​IMG]

After the fireworks were over we made our way over to the DVC pool because this one was open until 11 and Calista and I wanted to soak in the hot tub for a bit. While Calista and I swam my Mom called my Dad to tell him all about the Polynesian and brag about having drinks poolside and enjoying the warm weather. The room we had at the Polynesian would definitely have been up his alley!

[​IMG]

Once me and Calista were over turning into prunes in the hot tub we made our way back to our room. My Mom and I spent the rest of the night on our patio talking about the trip, Disney, DVC, old trips, anything we could think of while we watched all of the people head back from the party to the TTC on the ferry. It was such a great night! Looking back, I wish I had taken more videos/pictures of being out on the patio with my Mom but I don't think I'll ever forget it! :tink:

Miles walked 7.1

10. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Your room and the location of it looks wonderful!

I want to go to Sanaa just for the bread service! I'm glad you all enjoyed dinner and your night at AKL :)

Your entire night at the Poly sounds wonderful, from drinks to the pool to watching the fireworks to spending time with your mom :love: Loved reading about it!!

11. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

Man that is alot of rain! Oh and seriously those poor people on any of the rides. What about the people on Everest! Yikes

I love Calista's face as well! Also, the poor girl in the front looks terrified.

YEAH!!!!

Ha. That is just mean.

One of my favorites.

Your outifts are perfect for Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Me too.

You go do that slide!

12. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I love the Poly, we have stayed twice in The regular rooms, I believe the standard rooms are a little worn out but still lovely and big. The DVC studios look really nice!

Sana’a is one of our favorites, we enjoyed it this past trip!

What a fun evening for you all before the end of your trip and the fireworks are so awesome from the beach!

13. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

Thanks for all the pictures of The Poly! The studios are lovely!

14. Jenny Sanders

I agree, the parking intimidation really stinks. I think the Poly is the worst for it too. A few years back, Joe and I had reservations at Kona (it was in July). We got to the guard station, gave him our reservation and he said he couldn't find it, and told us we had to leave. Joe drove around to the other side. We pulled out my phone with the reservation number and drove back to the guard. Joe was so angry that he almost threw my phone at the guard for treating us like liars. The guard took my phone, gave it back to Joe and waved us through. There was no apology or anything. We went and complained to the Poly manager. He felt so bad and told us that Disney security (at that time) was outsourced. I believe he comped part of our meal...

I love all your Poly pics. We've stayed there twice and were fortunate to have Theme Park Views each time. It was fabulous being able to see the castle and watch the fireworks from our room...What a great way to spend your last night...

15. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

That sounds like such a special night at the Poly. Being able to have fun in the pools, watch the fireworks without a crowd, and spend quality time with family is an overlooked part of a Disney vacation. I feel like those are the things you don't think of as being important or memorable until you're back home and thinking about the trip.

16. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at Poly or eaten at Sanaa--two things that are definitely on my to-do-at-Disney list!!

LOL I love cheese so much, too!!!

THIS!!!! YES. You are so right!!! I hate having to try to rush home from a night at the parks to try to squeeze in a night swim before the gates are locked up :(

17. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I kind of fell in love with the villas lakeview rooms this trip! Honestly, its what kept me from leaping into get the DVC points because I just don't think they would have been enough!

I keep trying to plan more meals at Sanaa for the bread service too! SO GOOD!

It really was one of my favorite nights ever!

Right?? I've actually ridden Everest in rain like that with DH before and it was one of my favorite rides ever because we laughed the whole time! He had a video of us on it and ended up wiping his phone before sending it to me and I still have not forgiven him for it! :rotfl:

Dinosaur definitely produces some great ride photos! Usually someone who is terrified! My Mom actually brought Calista on it when she was 4 and was so worried she scarred her for life after! haha (its probably one of Calista's favorite rides still so thankfully she didn't!)

The Poly was AMAZING. I'm so excited for you guys to experience it!

Thankfully, the Polynesian isn't DH favorite resort but I'm sure still stung a little! haha

Thanks! We were definitely going for an AKL theme!!

My mom was laughing so hard by the time we came down because it was little kid after little kid and then me and Calista :rotfl: we had fun though!! We probably would have done it more if the pool wasn't closing so soon!!

I definitely need to try out the regular rooms one of these days!

I wish I could make it there every trip, even just for the bread service. SO GOOD!

It was really just a perfect last night!!

I really do love them!

It really is crazy! The last time we stayed at the Poly we felt the same way like the guard was almost calling us a liar for even trying to get in even though we were staying there! I'm sure they get yelled at for the lots being overfilled but its really not a very Disney-like experience! Last trip I was stressed every time we pulled in somewhere because I had changed my name on my MDE to my married name and any reservation I made before the change kept my maiden name and the ones after were my married name so I always felt weird giving them two last names to look up! lol

The Polynesian is definitely one of my favorites!! It was perfect!

It really was! I actually wish looking back we would have had a more relaxed departure day (the next day) and just taken it easy and enjoyed the resort because sometimes those are the more fun memories!

18. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

You definitely need to knock both of those things off of your list! They are both amazing!

Right??? I never say no to cheese!

Its really so frustrating to me! And I do get it but it just sucks! Some of my favorite memories in Disney as a kid were the late night swims!

19. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Day 6 October 10th Part 1

We woke up to our amazing room at the Polynesian and were super bummed about having to leave today. The double bathrooms definitely helped us get ready faster this morning so while I waited for my Mom and Calista to finish getting ready I munched on some doritos (breakfast of champions :rotfl:) and enjoyed the view.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While Calista apparently took selfies haha

[​IMG]

Our first stop today was to try out a service I had never used before, Resort Airline Check-In. We made our way through the Polynesian grounds and were loving being there!

[​IMG]

I think Calista was distracted by this lizard while I was on a mission! haha

[​IMG]

I assumed that this RAC service was only to be used by those who were using Magical Express but it isn’t! The free service is open from 5:00AM – 12:00PM (noon) daily for participating airlines (Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, Jetblue, Southwest and United). They take your checked luggage and transport it to the airport for you and also check you in for your flight. It was the easiest check in process I have ever had. You just need to make sure to have your identification with you to get checked in. My sister did not (she had put it in her backpack that I had stored in the car) so they couldn’t check her in and print her boarding pass but they could still check her luggage. We just printed her boarding pass at the airport from a kiosk. Needless to say, if you don’t want to have to lug your luggage to get it checked in at the airport, try out the resort airline check-in because it was magical! And spoiler alert – all of our luggage was safely waiting for us when we landed back in Buffalo! (I honestly now take this into consideration when booking our flights because I loved it so much!)

After we had everything checked in we made our way up to our breakfast at Kona Café.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We were seated pretty quickly which is definitely the benefit to eating at Kona over Ohana for breakfast. I should have taken a picture of what the second floor looked like with all of the people waiting for breakfast at Ohana! It had to have been backed up at least an hour. We ate at Ohana for breakfast the last time we stayed at the Polynesian so we didn’t feel like we were missing out and really just wanted a chill sit-down breakfast which Kona Cafe was perfect for!

We were given basically the table in the corner closest to the coffee station but it was actually nice because it was super quiet in our little section considering how loud the rest of the lobby was.

For breakfast my Mom and I each got the Polynesian Egg Platter and Calista got the French toast and a coffee.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything was super delicious! And with my tables in wonderland card the meal really wasn’t much more than eating at Captain Cooks and since we had a nice sit down meal we felt like it was totally worth it!

We stopped for some pictures before heading out to the monorail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today we were all matching! I actually bought my shirt from Target first and then my Mom and Calista decided to get them, too! They were super comfortable and fit really well. I always love a lot of the shirts on Etsy but I never know what size to order so this way if we didn’t like how they fit we could easily return them. But they all did!

We went through a very short security line and hopped on the monorail. (I seriously love the new security checkpoints!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick intermission for the picture of my pug DH sent me as we were heading into the Magic Kingdom.

[​IMG]

I couldn’t wait to see her that night! She's the only reason I'm ever happy to leave Disney!

It was a very windy day in the Magic Kingdom and ended up also being a VERY busy day.

We stopped to take a photo before entering the park, the pumpkins out front are so cute!

[​IMG]

There was a bit of a line for the normal ticketed entrance so I left my Mom and Calista and hopped into the AP line so I could grab a couple of pictures of the train station before they got through.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our first stop in the Magic Kingdom always seems to be the restrooms so while my Mom and Calista went there I meandered over to watch the Dapper Dans perform.

[​IMG]

I never told my Mom and Calista that I wouldn’t be where they left me so once I saw them out and looking confused I made my way back over to them.

We stopped for some photopass pictures on Main Street. These are probably some of my favorite Main Street photos we’ve taken because the sun was behind clouds so it wasn’t super harsh on our faces and the wind was blowing in our favor so our hair wasn’t covering our faces!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The other thing we noticed this trip was that a lot of photopass photographers weren’t happy if we didn’t put my Mom in the middle (which she usually requested to not be for optimal angles) so they would make rearrange us to put my Mom in the middle. It was definitely them just trying to be nice and pose a nice photo but it was still different than what we’ve normally experienced!

[​IMG]

Once we made it closer to the castle I wanted to take individual shots of each us in our ears. All made by me!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since we had gotten to the Magic Kingdom earlier than I expected we would, we didn’t have any fastpasses for another hour and it was so busy I couldn’t move anything up. So to kill the time we hopped into the 70-minute Haunted Mansion wait. We hadn’t ridden it yet since it had such a long wait on our other Magic Kingdom day so we figured we might as well since we had nothing else to do! The line was so long they actually had it wrapped into the Steamboat loading area!

Thankfully, we only waited about 45 minutes and it was enough time to kill before our FP. Plus it was in shade so it really wasn’t too bad!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the Haunted Mansion, it was finally time for our first FP so we made our way over to Tomorrowland. Well, I made the mistake of having us cut in front of the castle instead of going around the back of the castle through Fantasyland and over to Tomorrowland. I didn't realize that the parade was about to start so they were forcing everyone to try and squeeze through the sidewalk areas where everyone had managed to block everything up with their strollers and just standing. It was terribly clausterphobic and my Mom was not feeling it. We did make it through but I will never do that again. The extra steps around the castle would have been worth it to not deal with that madness! There was literally no room to get by!

We were very happy to be in Tomorrowland and to see this sign!

[​IMG]

I love Space Mountain and it is probably my second favorite ride in Disney World. I don’t really know why, I just love it!

[​IMG]

After Space we made our way over to the peoplemover which was another ride we had to skip before because the line was so crazy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did anyone else’s parents tell them the Peoplemover was Space Mountain when they were little? Because my Mom sure did :rotfl: I would beg to go on Space Mtn before I was tall enough so she would get me to believe that I was on it by riding the People Mover. I still remember thinking it was Space Mountain so I guess it worked!

20. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Day 6 Part 2 October 10th

Since the lines were pretty crazy all over the park and we still had time until our next FP we made our way over to the Carousel of Progress. My Mom always loves going on the Carousel of Progress because she rode it with her Mom back in 1979 when they came for the first time and was one of the only free things you could do. Well, Calista does not like the CoP one bit. She used to tolerate it but on one of our trips people kept getting up and leaving during the middle of the show and when that happens you are stuck watching the current scene you are in again and again until people stop leaving before they should. I think we watched one scene three times and another scene twice and she forever wrote off this ride after that :rotfl2: but since there really wasn’t much else to do she agreed and suffered through it. I love riding (watching?) the CoP so I enjoyed it!

Although, does anyone know why there is an extra little girl in the first scene helping Sara while she’s doing the laundry? Or who she is? Because Patricia has her own scene so it isn’t her. I just always wondered! Because every other scene seems to be pretty consistent with two kids, the parents, grandparents and Uncle Orville.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also love that John is holding a Niagara Falls fan in the one scene. I’m not entirely sure why but I like the homage to my hometown! The only thing I can think of is that we have the Power Authority which powers a lot of the east coast from the power of the Falls. That’s all I got :confused3 anyone know the real reason?

[​IMG]

When we exited CoP it was downpouring and we were in the timeframe for our next FP for Mine Train. I checked the app and sure enough Mine Train had gone down due to the storm and we had an anytime FP. Since we were hoping to get another ride on Space Mountain we decided to skip SDMT later in the day and scurry over to ride Space Mountain again, especially since we were right there! We were actually really happy with how this played out because while we enjoy SDMT its definitely not as thrilling to us! This time I chose to ride with my eyes closed the whole time, the low budget version of the MNSSHP Space Mountain :rotfl2:

[​IMG]

We were all supposed to pose like Mickey on our shirts in this photo. Not sure how I am the only one that got the memo! Lol Or the only one who didn't get their peace sign memo :rotfl:

After Space Mountain we were getting pretty hungry for lunch so we made our way to Cosmic Rays. It was pretty busy in there from the overflow of people who had run there to escape the weather but we still managed to find a table by the window and get our food relatively quickly. We just ordered some chicken nuggets and a burger to all share. We didn’t realize how hungry we actually were and scarfed everything down!

I actually haven’t eaten here in over six years because the last time we were there it was during the height of the Brazilian tour groups at WDW in July. Because of the sheer number of them, cast members wouldn’t allow you to sit before you had your food which made total sense – was annoying but we got it. So we got our food and finally sat down and we realized we needed condiments so Calista got up and went out to where that all was which was outside of the sitting area. Well, when she came back a castmember started yelling at her and telling her she couldn’t come in because she wasn’t carrying food and when I tried to step in to explain she was with us at a table with a lot of food the woman became even nastier. It was the LEAST Disney moment I have ever experience in my whole life and as a result, wrote off the quick service for all those years. Thankfully, we had a much better experience this time. And we actually really enjoyed the condiment bar for the burgers!

As we were finishing eating I took a look at the wait times to see what we might do next and was utterly shocked at what I saw!

[​IMG]

Because of the crowds that day and then the storm that had blown through, most rides had a 105-minute wait. Including Tomorrowland Speedway which is just crazy to me!

[​IMG]

Thankfully, we were nearing our fastpass time for Thunder Mountain so I suggested we head over that way. We made our way through the main hub and over to Liberty Square where we happened to run into the Muppets Great Moments in History If you remember from our travel day, I mentioned that Calista LOVES history and is a going to school to be a History teacher so this was right up her alley! It’s not something I would have planned but I’m glad we ran into it!

[​IMG]

It was the skit where they talk about the revolutionary war and the declaration of Independence which was what my Mom and Calista had talked about on the flight down! So we definitely enjoyed the show and laughed at how relevant it was to us. :rotfl:

We didn’t stay to watch the whole show but enough to enjoy it. We made it over to Big Thunder Mountain only to find it down (it had been down all day on our other Magic Kingdom day as well). Since we were over there and my Mom prefers Splash anyway we decided to use our anytime FP there instead. The only reason I hadn’t booked Splash in the first place was the fact that I didn’t want us to get soaked before flying home but at that point it was definitely the best option!

[​IMG]
    Why we were looking in three different directions is anyones guess :rotfl:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m so glad we got to ride Splash as one of our last rides because it was a great time! Plus, with the length of the ride you definitely feel like you get more “ride” out of it!

While we had been in line for Splash we discussed heading out to the Polynesian after. But then I was able to snag an immediate FP for It’s a Small World and I asked if they wanted to do that before heading out. It’s been many, many trips since I’ve ridden It’s a Small World and I actually really enjoy it. I do wish they included more of the Disney characters in the ride like Disneyland but that’s beside the point! So we made our way over and once again found another super long FP line. Thankfully, it moved pretty quickly and we were on the ride in no time.

[​IMG]

Although not a super exciting ride, I feel like it was the perfect last ride. Especially with all of the goodbye signs at the end!

[​IMG]

After our trip around the world, it was time to head out. The worst part of the whole trip!

We did stop for one last photopass, which ended up being one of my absolute favorites of the whole trip!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :rotfl:

[​IMG]

Goodbye castle!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was time to make our way back to the Polynesian and to our car so we hopped on the resort monorail. We were actually parked closer to the TTC so we probably should have gotten off there but for me, I’ve always wanted that feeling of getting off the monorail at any of the monorail resorts while staying there. My whole life I’ve always been jealous of those people so we decided we were just going to get off at the Polynesian since we rightfully could! Haha

And I’m actually glad we did, we had such a relaxing, calm, non-crowded walk back through the Polynesian to our car. It was so wonderful! And made us realize we probably should have either just hung around the resort all day (which would have probably been boring but oh so relaxing) or gone to EPCOT that day instead. Hindsight is always 20-20, right? I mean don’t get me wrong, we had fun on our last day at the Magic Kingdom and were able to get the rides done we hadn’t on our first day to MK but it was just SO BUSY. You really feel the effects of all of the Halloween parties on non-party days, there are just too many people trying to do the same thing. Had I known, I probably would have had us do MK the day before on a party day and just left for dinner once the party started. But these are all things you learn and mentally bank for future trips!

We made it back to the airport with no issue except for our rental car. When we picked up the car during the hour long fiasco on night one they ended up giving us a car that had a quarter tank of gas. Which was fine and they said we could bring it back the same way. So that is what we did. My Mom tried to explain this to the girl who checked us in but apparently she didn’t listen so we were charged $100 to fill up the tank once we got home. I was able to get the charge reversed since the gas was noted on our rental agreement but it was still very frustrating. And then, a few weeks later, they tired to claim we didn’t pay tolls when we did so I am very much over EZ Rental Car! Thankfully, I was able to fight it but I’ve never had issues with them in the past but this time really took the cake. I guess from now on I will be getting receipts from each and every toll and photographing them for proof of payment!

Our flight home was uneventful and DH was up waiting for me when I walked through the door. And Joy (my pug) was so excited to see me, she snuggled up to me that whole night. I was definitely sad to be home from Disney but there's certainly something so magical about coming home to your loved ones!!

Thank you for joining in and reading along on our fabulous October girls trip!

I'll be back with some wrap up soon!

21. Jenny Sanders

Great last day Cloe! What a great way to start the day with breakfast at Kona.