• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"itunes tax"

crazytp93

DIS Veteran
So the governor my state (new york) has proposed new taxes that would tax things like soda, movies, etc.

over 17 states have done this already, but he just proposed a new thing, something a state has never done. an "itunes tax." it would tax anything you buy electronically, movies, games, songs from iTunes.

I'm against it, but whats your view on new taxes on things like soda & itunes?

I think NJ has already approved the itunes tax. Last time I bought something it was like $1.06 or something.

I think it's stupid and I hate it. I know the government is in massive debt and it needs all the help it can get to get out of it, but they could cut us some slack. We are all suffering with this recession, so keeping a few extra things tax free would be excellent.

Depends on how much.
I wish itunes songs cost $1.00. The 99 cents totally knocks off my account :p

I don't use itunes right now, so I really dont mind. I prefer buying cds and then just downloading them onto my ipod.

The tax on soda makes me lol.
Come on, I don't give a crap that it's bad for me.

ive in NY omg this stinks on itunes omg ppl are gonna start using limewire eww why gov why??

I'd be pissed. :furious:
BTW, we don't even have sales tax on clothes in PA. You probably already knew that because NYers and NJers go to The Crossings for clothes.

I live in NH, where we will remain sales tax free until the day we secceed with Vermont to form our own country (we'll do it someday, I swear).

But I don't really care.

Yeah, I think it's stupid.

Would it drive me to Limewire? No. Do I know people it wouldn't affect because they already use Limewire because, and I quote, "paying for things is dumb"? Yes.

iTunes. Anybody else in Jersey hate the whole 1.06 thing? Everytime I use an iTunes card it comes out to a random decimal. I'll use like the whole card except .34. It drives me crazy.

I would probably use limewire...idc that it is probably illegal. These artists already have a lot of money and they don't need anymore. The ones that need it are the ones who are up and coming and the ones who put their heart and sould into it.

I'm all for taxing iTunes

same with any other purchases
they tax the advertisments

but they shouldn't tax the free stuff online

never move to tennessee....
10% sales tax on EVERYTHING.
so if something costs 1.00, it costs 1.10, and yeah, thats not much, but when it gets to like, a shirt. say it costs 20.00, it costs 22.00. its lame.

Wow. I haven't bougten (?! bought!?) anything on iTunes for a while, my mom yelled at me last time. But that's a lot of money.

No, I will not go to Limewire. I don't want it sucking stuff out of my computer. I don't want to download songs for free because it belongs to the artist, etc. But I will not go to Limewire. I'll probably just hold up on the iTunes for a while, only buy the songs I really want.

Ahaha. Tax on soda... it's funny but I thought we've always had tax on soda. If I buy, eh, a can of pop at like Target, I pay tax. I don't get what the difference is. If I buy a thing of pop at Wal-mart, I'll pay tax.

Maybe Illinois won't do the iTunes thing.
But I think we already did the soda one.

i think paterson is a crack head and i hope to move out of new york as soon as possible cuz these taxes are getting ridiculous and way out of hand

i think paterson is a crack head and i hope to move out of new york as soon as possible cuz these taxes are getting ridiculous and way out of hand

Listen, I'm not fan or Paterson, but hes not a crackhead. He admitted to doing drugs earlier in his life, so did Bloomberg, Obama, Bush. I have respect for Paterson in doing what he does, especially since hes blind. I just dont like him as a governor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter