"It's up to you how far you'll go. If you don't try, you'll never know." Comments Welcome

Wow, an actual weekly running update. This week was a tough running week but really good too. My race is in 2 weeks and up until Wednesdays run, I wasn't feeling very confident. Feeling much better about where I'm at now. My goal is a submittable POT for the marathon. My spring 10 miler time was 2:00:59. I need to better that by 5 minutes. Seems daunting but I'll do what I can, I'm feeling pretty good about things right now. Looking at the 15 day forecast the low will be 54 and high 77. I know things will change but so far it's looking pretty good.

Now that we've completed the Manitou Incline the other girls have decided to stop doing the stairs. I'm going to keep it up at least until after the race. I really think the stairs is helping my run game, my legs are feeling pretty strong right now. I might change thing up a bit though. Of all the stairs I've done; Red Rocks, mini incline and Manitou incline, I think step for step the mini incline is the best workout because of the height of the average stair. The other two are smaller but they tough in their own way. Red Rocks is closer though so maybe I'll alternate that with the mini. Or maybe I'll just stick with the mini. Right now I'm leaning towards alternating.

Graves is kicking my butt right now. Actually I think it's more my crazy sleep cycles, it's starting to wear on me. Hopefully as the temps cool off I can get back in a better routine. Ideally, on my weekend I would like to adjust to more of a swing shift type schedule but that hasn't happened all summer. It's either been a 12 hour flip of waking up at 5pm to waking at 5am to get my runs and other stuff done in the cooler mornings. That is hard on the body to keep that up. The other that has happened quite a bit has been nap for a bit, wake up for a bit, nap for a bit, wake up for a bit. This is a viscous cycle I can't always get out of and in that time I can't get full 8 hours, it's usually only 2-3 at a time. Once the temps are cooler, I'm hoping to get back to running when I wake up and I'm hoping that kick starts a more consistent sleep schedule.

Monday's run 4 miles easy. The weather at the beginning of the week was my perfect, highs in the upper 70's and low 80's and lows in the 50's. Monday had the option of running when I got off work afternoon when I woke up. I chose morning and it was perfect 48 at the start. To not run in the dark though I have to hang out for about 30-45 minutes before leaving so I've been able to get a bit of housework done during this time. Started a touch on the fast side so slowed it done towards the end. Splits 15:03, 15:05, 15:16, 15:24 total time 1:00:44.

Wednesday was tough for me. This run was more mileage, longer time, and overall a tougher run than I'm used to during the work week. It was good though because this run gave me a boost of confidence I really needed for the race. It was 2 miles easy, 4 miles 10 mile pace, and .5 miles easy. I actually felt pretty good the whole run and felt I could've kept that pace up a lot longer. I needed this run. Again I started a bit fast so I had to force myself to slow down a but. Splits were 14:56, 14:57, 11:48, 11:44, 11:55, 11:56, 15:02 total time 1:24:31.

Friday was uneventful. Did the mini incline stairs then drove closer to home and ran. 6 miles total, 3 easy, 3 EC. Now that I know EC is easy continuous, duh, I've but working on the continuous runs. I still take a few 30 sec walk breaks but I can go further now without stopping, I'm also still going too fast on these, still just trying to get my groove on these. Splits 14:57, 15:21, 15:34, 13:30, 14:17, 13:51 total time 1:27:39.

Saturday was also uneventful, 10 miles easy. Woke up early and towards the end it was getting pretty warm and I was wishing I had faster speeds just to get the run done faster. Time were all over the place but not too bad, mostly too slow, I only slept about 2 hours so my body was tired. Splits 15:24, 15:32, 15:28, 15:13, 15:20, 14:26 oops, 15:18, 15:38, 15:32, 15:35 total time 2:33:00.

Another solid week of runs this week and it's race week!!! It was a tough week at work and on top of that I don't think I have struggled so much with being tired at work. There were multiple times I wold have to get up and walk around and a trend I need to be smarter about. Last time I was on graves is when I gained all my weight. I tend to snack a lot to stay awake and I caught myself doing this a lot this week. I bring my lunch and snacks every day and have my emergency snacks at work if I need them which I ate almost all of my stash. I need to find healthier snacks instead of cookies and chips.

My mileage for the month is the most I have ever run in a month, 97.76. So close to the 100 mile mark that I never thought I could do. Super proud of myself!!

This should be a nice easy week run wise. It's also a short week for me, I have my holiday on Wednesday. Not sure if I've explained this part of my schedule before. If a holiday lands on my normal work day I still have to work it. To compensate this once a moth we get an extra day off so I get a 4 day weekend. So this month my holiday is Wednesday so it'll be nice to have and extra day to flip my schedule for Saturday's race. I'm feeling pretty good about where I'm at and weather I make my goal or not I'm ok with it. Weather is looking ok. Lows in the mid 50's and high of 89. Race starts at 8am. If it's anything like the last week or two at start time it should be around 60-65 and the end should be low 70's. I'd prefer it to be a tad cooler but hopefully it shouldn't be too horrible.

Monday's run was pretty uneventful, 4 miles easy. Had to wait around for about 45 minutes for the sun to come up then went out. Splits were 15:17, 15:13, 15:39, 15:26

Wednesday I was super tired and all of Tuesday night I debated how to get this run in. Do I go home and nap, then get up and run then back to sleep, run in the afternoon when I get up even though it would be warmer, fight to stay awake and then go. Turns out I stayed at work later chatting with my relief so that killed most of the time I would need and the chatting gave me a boost of energy. Went home, changed and then went out. 2 miles easy, 4 miles 10 mile pace, .5 easy same as last Wednesday. Another confidence boost of a run. Paces a tad off but not bad. Splits 14:53, 15:00, 12:12, 11:43, 11:56, 11:49, 14:38

Friday was another good run, all continuous. Every other continuous run has been in between run/walks so I think my brain has been used to getting walk breaks so it's always wanting to get that break in. This one all all continuous so I told myself slow and no breaks and I did it!!!! 4 miles no walk breaks. Since I've always added in the walk breaks it was hard to get the pace right of slowing down even more so my pace was actually too fast. Splits 13:58, 14:03, 14:27, 14:06

Saturday I had a busy morning but I still managed to get my run in, farmer's market, quick run into Target, home and showered and made it to a baby shower only a few minutes late. Then it was all about the naps in the afternoon. 5 miles easy. Splits 15:19, 14:55, 15:09, 15:02, 14:49. All fast, but not horribly bad.

I forgot to post this picture last week, morning sunrise
IMG_0712.jpg

And this week just before I started my run, I was walking by the dock in the sunrise picture I just about had the snot scared out of me when I heard a big splash in the water. Turned out it was this little guy. I had seem him before but I thought it was a muskrat. I got several good pictures with the colors of the sunrise reflected on the water and him swimming but this one shows it pretty clear. It's not a muskrat but a beaver. Never knew we had beavers in this area. I watched him swim around for a few minutes then went on my way and started my run.
iPhoto Library.jpg

I think one of my favorite things about running is being able to be part of nature. Love it!

Well, long story short I didn't make my goal. My goal was 1:56:00 for POT. I went into it with the attitude of what happens, happens. If I didn't make it I would just use the first drop down with no POT. Hindsight, I probably shouldn't have even run. I was having stomach issues Thursday night, thought it was over and flared up again Friday afternoon and evening. I was worried about not getting proper nutrition on Friday and not eating much of anything. I woke up today and got some eggs and toast in me so I thought why not try. Stomach started not liking me again on the way but then I was already on the way so I kept going. The race started and I was actually doing pretty good. Plan was to run the first mile continuous due to crowding. I went out a bit fast and it was on open road so I jumped in to my intervals pretty quickly. I was feeling pretty good and was keeping a pretty good pace through the first 5 miles. I had my first nutrition around mile 4, maybe a tad after that. I immediately felt my stomach gurgling as soon as the gel was in. Mile 5 was starting to feel pretty rough and I tried to tough it out. Mile 6 went downhill pretty fast and about then I knew the rest would be a struggle. I walked a bit and then tried to push forward around 7 but I knew I wouldn't make y goal so I slowed up a lot and then walked most of the last 2 miles. I'm a little disappointed that my body didn't want to cooperate but I'm ok with everything. I feel if I didn't have issues I probably could have made it but oh well.

There is 1 more 10 miler in the area Oct 6 before the deadline but I initially didn't choose that one because it's out and back flat and uphill out then back down. It's a trail run and I had a hard time seeing the actual elevation change because there's several trails in the area. A part of me wants to try it but the more logical part of me says to move on and start my dopey training.

While I was walking I got to thinking about distance and GPS tracking. I've thought my distances weren't quite accurate and I don't know if it was due to walking because it didn't get too off until I walked but then it went way off and I ended up with 10.8 miles. I realized the app I'm using must be getting it's GPS info from the phone and not my apple watch. I didn't like the built in apps from the watch for doing run/walk so I went with the other so maybe that is not working for me. So after I got home and napped and lounged on the couch I started looking at Garmin's. I still like my watch for everything else so I initially looked at the FR 35 that's a cheaper option to just use for running. Then I looked at the Vivoactive 3 that would more or less replace the apple watch. Not sure which route I'm going yet.

While I was walking I got to thinking about distance and GPS tracking. I've thought my distances weren't quite accurate and I don't know if it was due to walking because it didn't get too off until I walked but then it went way off and I ended up with 10.8 miles. I realized the app I'm using must be getting it's GPS info from the phone and not my apple watch. I didn't like the built in apps from the watch for doing run/walk so I went with the other so maybe that is not working for me. So after I got home and napped and lounged on the couch I started looking at Garmin's. I still like my watch for everything else so I initially looked at the FR 35 that's a cheaper option to just use for running. Then I looked at the Vivoactive 3 that would more or less replace the apple watch. Not sure which route I'm going yet.

I just got the FR35 recently to go with my Android Wear watch - same issue, phone GPS is really not great. The FR35 has been pretty solid (for the week I've had it) for tracking my running.

I think it comes down to what you use the Apple Watch for, and whether the VA3 can fill the same roles.

I just got the FR35 recently to go with my Android Wear watch - same issue, phone GPS is really not great. The FR35 has been pretty solid (for the week I've had it) for tracking my running.

I think it comes down to what you use the Apple Watch for, and whether the VA3 can fill the same roles.

Thanks for your input! Good to hear the FR 35 is working for you, that is what I’m leaning towards. Truthfully, what I use on the Apple Watch I could use on the VA 3. The biggest being text alerts and can see who is calling. I can’t have my phone on me at work but my locker is close enough I can still get the alerts. It’s more of a cost thing, not wanting to spend another $100

Not a lot of running this week so mostly a randomness post. My stomach issues continued until Friday so a full week of feeling crummy. Sunday night into Monday was the worst. I worked OT so a 16 day. I would have called off but we were short staffed and it would have left only 1 person so I suffered through. It was also training week so 2 short turnarounds and more classroom computer stuff, ugh.

Running related ended up getting the VA3. I almost went with the FR35 but felt I would want to upgrade sooner rather than later. Pretty sure I will just ditch the apple watch, maybe my brother can sell it for a few bucks. I tested it out yesterday and went for a walk around a lake wearing both. Then while walking I thought maybe I should go for a short run too. The run portion was rather fast, it was getting dark and there are no lights and I wasn't prepared. So for the walk garmin showed 1.42 miles, pace 17.25, total time 24.43. Apple showed 1.44 miles, pace 17.03, total time 24.35. For the run garmin showed 1.42 miles, pace 12:17, total time 17.29. Apple showed 1.44 miles, pace 12:04, total time 17:19. For only 1.4 miles there is quite the discrepancy. I started and stopped at the same time so if anything it should have only been off by a second or two at most, the time and pace is off by quite a bit. I think I'll be happy with garmin once I figure everything out.

I went back and forth a lot on whether I should make one last attempt at POT. After going back and forth I told Billy no, I was fine with just the first drop down. Then after I messaged him I had regrets and felt like I was quitting on one of my goals so I messaged him back to add it in. It's probably crazy because I'm also doing the hot chocolate 15k the next day. So for the 10 miler it's an out and back so I will break it down to 2 races. The first 5 miles is a gradual up hill, I'll just do the best I can. The last 5 miles will all be down hill so this is where I will do my push and what happens, happens, just no eating out in the days before.

In other news a few weeks ago I visited a new to me running store. It's further away but is not part of a chain, it's family owned. I met the owner and he is very nice and knowledgable. I will go there whenever I can. I bought a hydration vest while I was there. I went with an Orange Mud bladder pack. I'm not coordinated enough for the bottle one to reach back to put the bottle away so I think this will work well for my. The only thing I don't like is the chest straps but I think it will be fine. I also learned they make Orange Mud in the same town as I do the mini incline, which I haven't done in 3 weeks so it's always nice to support the local companies. Also for the 10 miler this run is cup free so the vest should work perfectly for this.

Dopey training officially starts this week, it's starting to get real!!

Don’t have time for a real update so just a few quick thoughts.

Got all my runs in this week, not all on scheduled days but ran all the miles.

Opted for a 5 mile hike in the mountains Friday instead of the stairs, much better scenery. I saw a moose too!

Worked OT Saturday part swings part graves. I always getting stuck with crazy stuff when I’m on OT, last night didn’t fail.

Potentially TMI but I think I figured out why I was so sick for so long. They had a recall for beef for ecoli in the area and the place I went for my burger buys local products and after reading the symptoms I’m pretty sure that’s what I had. If that’s the case, running/walking a 10 miler and feeling strong the first half and not really hurting until around the halfway point with ecoli seems rather impressive.

More runs this week and more OT so should be an interesting week.

Quick update.

I worked a whole lot of hours...and caught a cold. I missed my Saturday run but I so needed the extra sleep. I feel so much better...just in time to run a whole lot of miles this weekend.

Last weekend looking ahead at the weather it looked decent for both days, in the 50’s. Every day I’ve looked it keeps getting colder. Now it’s looking like upper 30’s to low 40’s for both runs. Brr, I was just running in the 80’s Wednesday.

Plans for Saturday 10 miler: It’s gradual uphill out so gradual downhill back. I plan to break it down into 2 runs. First 5 will just be to stay afloat. Once I hit halfway it will literally be all downhill from there and I can pick up speed all the way to the finish.

Plans for Sunday hot chocolate 15k: have fun and eat all the chocolate.

I do need to stop signing up for Sunday races. After running I’ll race home nap and then work all night but I really wanted to do this one so I’ll deal with it for one night and sleep all the hours Monday.

Well, third time was not the charm to get my POT. It wasn’t really my fault this time though. We had a lot of rain last night and the last part of the path was closed off so the course measured 1.2 miles short. I probably could have still submitted it but Jiminy and my conscious would have got the best of me and it wouldn’t have felt right. So I slowed myself down and enjoyed the cool, chilly weather, took some pictures and walked more than planned. It was also a whole lot steeper than I thought it was.

I came to the conclusion a few months ago I do not enjoy running for time so I am fine without getting my POT, a little disappointing because it was a goal of mine but not enough to stress over. I’m just going to enjoy my training and have the best runs ever in Disney. Now that I can take the stress out of running and POT attempts I can just have fun the next few months!

Now to get ready for tomorrow’s fun run, looking forward to this one a lot!

6F35E1ED-A183-4267-B23F-A9305F47E918.jpeg

BAE01C79-EA5B-491C-9117-8554DD61434C.jpeg

Finally have time for a quick recap of Hot Chocolate 15k. This is definitely more of my kind of race, it was a lot of fun. Packet pickup was way on the other side of town but I was able to time it to Friday afternoon before rushour, I have no patience for traffic.

I managed a few hours sleep and was up bright and early. Sunday morning was cold, 37 at the start. I was glad to have the jacket they gave out. I also had to dig through the closet for some long leggings. Normally I would take the light rail downtown but knowing I wanted to get home fast I chose to drive. Traffic was crazy with road closures already in place, thankfully I knew about a parking garage that was close but not many people know it’s there. Made my quick potty stop and got in my corral. Was glad when we finally started off to warm up. We zigzagged through downtown and headed north. Went past Coord Field
A399E64A-7E30-4C8F-8567-3DA0A1B22B9B.jpeg
Go Rockies!! But they lost later that day ending the season. It was a fairly good season though.

Anyway this was supposed to be a slow training run but since I didn’t go all out the day before I pushed a little bit. I still went out way to fast but slowed myself down. I started out doing about 1:30/:30 ratios. About half way my knee was bugging me but I think it was more because of the downhill running the day before. I dropped down to 1:00/:30 and that seemed just right. We eventually made our way back south and back through downtown. I will say one thing I love about being in the back of the pack is everyone is so encouraging to each other and cheering everyone on. Made my way into the finish and got my chocolate goodies!! Raced home and was able to get showered and back in bed by 12:30. Fell asleep around 1 and then back up at 5 to get ready for work. Not ideal but didn’t want to waste a vacation day so I just suffered through the night.

My overall time was 2:06:47. Automatic PR since this was my first 15k!! My splits were the best, like I said I started out way to first so it started at 11:25 oops and then every mile was a little bit slower and the last mile was 14:55 for an average of 13:37. Still a lot faster than planned but it was a a lot of fun, will definitely do this one again!!!

5698A572-BC4A-4E29-BC83-B0F267EEDF5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Real quick update on the week. The theme for the week was no sleep and cold. Sunday after hot chocolate I managed a few hours sleep then went to work. It was a long night. Monday I chose to postpone my run to catch up on sleep. I hade been asleep about 2 hours when they started doing some sort of work on the roof of my place, ugh. That went on around an hour and a half then quiet so I finally went back to sleep. An hour of sleep later they were back at, ugh. About an hour this time and I finally got a little more sleep. This is the worst part of graves trying to sleep when everyone else is awake and working and being noisy. Tuesday I knew I needed to get my run in. Thankfully it was a short run so I could sleep as much as possible. Wednesday was training and a quick turn around so maybe 4 hours sleep. My body was so used to not much sleep it took me a day or two to get to sleeping more than 4 hours at a time. Thursday I did Wednesday’s run then Friday and Saturday had nice afternoon runs.

Weather the front part of the week hovered in the 30’s and 40’s. Back side warmed up and my Saturday run was a beautiful 60. By midnight it was freezing rain, I almost couldn’t get in my car then by 5am this morning it was snow. Tomorrow’s run will be cold but then it should warm up.

One annoyance about my Garmin VA3 that might become a deal breaker and I didn’t realize it until after I bought it. It didn’t matter too much when it was warmer but I miss getting audible alerts through my headphones for mileage and paces. When it was warm it was easy to just look. But now weakening long sleeves and occasionally gloves meant most of my runs this week were blind, including hot chocolate. I bought it at REI and they have a generous return policy so I might be returning it for a forerunner. I originally went this route because I liked that it looked more watch like and less sport watch like but I’m disliking this lack of feature. I even went with the music one so you would think it would have it. I hope to make a decision on what to do this week but I still have a few weeks left on the return policy. I’m so torn on what to do.

Way overdue for an update but I just haven’t had much time. I still don’t have much time for a complete update with times and splits but it’s better than nothing.

Two weeks ago is a blur. I did run all the miles and also worked all the hours, 2 days of OT left very little time for anything else.

Last week was my first week of 5 run days. Here on out I will alternate 4 and 5 days. I actually wasn’t sure I would get all the runs in, it was another busy week but for different reasons.

Monday and Tuesday were mostly uneventful. I love being able to run again in the afternoons when I first wake up.

Thursday I was trying to completely flip my schedule so I slept about 4 hours then got up and ran. Had a traffic jam/audience part way in.

765733B3-2625-46C3-B4E7-8EE374E95F49.jpeg

Friday I got up early and ran. Then I drove up to Wyoming for my brother’s retirement ceremony, 24 years in the military, proud of him.

494F7B9A-D755-4C52-99FC-8CF084B90DF2.jpeg

After the ceremony and celebration dinner I drove back into Colorado to stay at my other brother’s place. Saturday morning was the Halloween parade and then managed to get my run in after that. My brother showed me a great place to run that worked perfect, 3.5 miles around times 2 trips around to get my 7 miles in.

7D1DEF1E-56BC-4CF4-B813-6EA7D90E2461.jpeg

Glad this week is only 4 days and is looking to be not quite so busy. Now, it’s off to work I go.

I might actually get a full update in this week. I am at work on overtime, a 17 hour day though so I might get interrupted a time or two.

Monday I had no motivation to run but I dragged myself out because it was a beautiful 70 out and Tuesday was going to be rain and snow. 3 miles easy, splits 15:09, 15:29, 15:13 total 45:59

Wednesday I had no motivation so I went Thursday instead. 2 miles easy, 2 miles 10K, 1 mile easy. Not sure what happened with mile 2, maybe I thought it was 1, 3, 1 who knows, I don’t remember. Splits 15:04, 12:49, 12:30, 12:33, 14:42 total time 1:07:48

Friday my friends were back. Other than that it was uneventful. 2 miles easy, 2 miles EC. Splits 15:04, 15:04, 13:56, 13:12 total time 57:30 a little fast but not bad.

Saturday I pushed things a little, especially the last mile. I actually slept and slept good and got a late start on the run so I was chasing the sun and light. There are no lights where I run so that last mile was dark and too many things that move in the dark nearby so I went faster. 5 miles easy.
Splits 14:54, 14:43, 14:38, 14:40, 13:01 total time 1:12:13

This week is already off to a bad start. Supposed to run 5 days but today is a no go. I work 17 hours and only 8 hours off til I have to be back tonight, who needs sleep? So I should be able to get Tuesday in. Wednesday is my birthday so we shall see and I’ll be good the rest of the week.

CB0E9FDA-3201-41BA-A749-F2C363740B8D.jpeg 5C4DF767-9B2F-485F-A7AC-3EC6330F6395.jpeg

A quick mid week vent. I don’t talk about my job much on here. And I never talk politics. I hate when people don’t educate themselves and vote strictly along party lines. My boss is an elected official. He just lost the election. All because people voted party lines, not based on experience, time in position, on the job training, leadership, or anything else. They simply voted for someone because of their political affiliation. My new boss come January has zero experience, none. And he wants to change how we do everything right now. I foresee a lot of people leaving leading up to this and a whole lot change, that will not be for the good. I might be looking for a new job. Off my soapbox now, next year is looking to be quite a year.

Last edited:
Yikes, it’s been awhile since I’ve updated. Let’s see if I can remember everything, it hasn’t exactly been a great 2 weeks for running.

2 weeks ago:
Monday no running, I worked OT Monday after working all night. Only had 8 hours off before I had to be back.
Tuesday 4 miles easy. Splits were 14:38, 14:48, 14:03, 12:13 total 55:51. Totally misjudged time change and when sunset was, last mile especially was way too fast because it was dark.
Wednesday zero motivation to run and it was my birthday so no running.
Thursday woke up too late and it was dark so no running.
Friday forced myself to get out even though I would be pushing the dark again. 2 miles easy, 3 miles EC. Splits were 14:47, 14:11, 13:27, 12:57, 12:23 total 1:07:29. Again, way too fast but it was way too dark at the end.
Saturday same story. 8 miles easy. Splits 15:04, 15:12, 15:25, 15:32, 15:33, 15:13, 15:10, 14:52 total 2:02:13. It was dark at the end again so I went faster.
I need to make myself get up earlier now to get my runs in before it gets dark, or I need to find a better place to run that’s light, or safer, or both.

Last week:
Monday it was snowing so I checked out.
Tuesday 3 miles easy. Splits 15:03, 15:03, 15:36 total time 45:26
Wednesday was a training day so quick turn around and no time.
Thursday 3 easy miles. Splits 15:04, 15:10, 15:03 total time 45:50
Friday 3 easy miles. Splits 14:52, 15:22, 15:12 total time 45:42
Saturday freezing rain so I skipped and drove to Arizona.
This week was better, a touch too fast but not horrible.

This week I’ll be in Arizona all week, no excuses to not get my runs in. I signed up for a turkey trot on Thursday. It’s a 10K, then I looked at the schedule and I have 4 that day. The next day I’m scheduled for 6 so I’ll probably just switch the 2 days. I will also probably run Thursday way too fast but I will do my best to slow it down, I think I have 3 easy and 3 EC for my 6 mike run.

Also I signed up for a winter run series to keep me going after Dopey. It’s super close and runs along the same path I usually go and they all look like fun themes. Hopefully it’s not too much too soon after dopey, it’s a 10K, 10 mile, then half. I need to learn to look at the schedule before I sign up for stuff. The first run is the 15th, the 10K, I’m scheduled for 3 miles that day. Then January 26 is the 10 mile, hopefully I’ll have enough recovery time, I have no issue running nice and slow. February 23 is the half, again I have no issues running nice and slow if need be.

The only advantage to running in the dark...watching the sunsets

FF90E3E8-6EDA-4308-A277-9B5B38D55277.jpeg
7E24ACDD-9161-4794-A1F4-F3543CFBE263.jpeg
When I was driving into Phoenix I came across the AZ Ironman. I got to drive along part of the bike route and got to cheer on some of the bikes along the way. The turnaround was just before mile 60 so I got to see them going in both directions.
A0028CF2-1A4C-45A2-821A-3ED11AC8D531.jpeg

I knew when I started this journal it would have to be the first thing to go if my schedule started getting crazy. Even though I had to skip a few weeks here and there I’m surprised I made it as far as I did. But then the holidays hit and that was that. I still got my runs in with a turkey trot and Santa stampede thrown in but the journal had to take a break.

I’m happy to say though that I completed my first marathon and first dopey!!!!! Hopefully either tonight or tomorrow I will get a full report up and hopefully will be able to keep up here for the foreseeable future!

I’m happy to say though that I completed my first marathon and first dopey!!!!! Hopefully either tonight or tomorrow I will get a full report up and hopefully will be able to keep up here for the foreseeable future!

I'm looking forward to seeing your trip report. I'm planning my first marathon and Dopey next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!