It's True What they Said about Yacht Club Concierge

David in Manassas

Lifelong Fan!
OK...I'm not generally a complainer, but when I spend extra $$$, I would expect just a little more for my money.

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Yacht Club Concierge over Marathon weekend.

Other posters in the past have commented about the lack of interaction or friendliness of the Yacht Club Concierge staff.....I'm sorry to say it's absolutely true..I saw it with my own eyes....With one exception over the 3 days (thank you Josh..you smile and enthusiasm really shown through....) when we walked off the elevator it was either both Concierge staff continued on with the private conversations or they both buried they heads in their built in table monitors......

It's really kind of a shame because it takes sooooooo little to look up smile and interact.....doesn't cost Disney a cent..........someone really should talk to these people and set them straight...

On a positive note, we really enjoyed the lounge...food was good and variety was nice... and the room was in tip top shape (although we requested a king and were assigned 2 queens..but we can live with that)......

Well we did have a very nice time except for the cold weather.

David

We did concierge at YC in 2001 and I certainly agree with you. There were good CM's but the impression I took away wasn't that positive. We really liked the lounge too.

I truly shouldn't complain because it was a free upgrade for us which I totally appreciated. But, the experience taught me to NEVER pay the extra $$ for concierge.

There was one thing that stuck out in my mind. It was July and steaming hot. We got off the elevator one day and a CM was handing out cold washcloths. Nice touch.

Oh well - it's a good thing I typically can't afford concierge so I won't be tempted to try it again and agin.

PamNC

David--
I'm so sorry about your stay. I was wanting to believe that ours was an isolated case, based upon Thanksgiving staff and the fact that we had our kids with us (who are generally well behaved). I hope that YC and Disney management look into and attempt to correct this level of guest service by the YC concierge staff.

We were so excited to stay there over Thanksgiving and came home with a hollow feeling, something we have never had after a trip to WDW. The lounge offerings were great. We loved the location of YC and Storm-a-long Bay is the best but until I read some positive reviews from YC concierge guests who are not in the travel business, we will not be back to YC.

Barbara

Thanks for the report, David. :)

Sorry to hear about your experience--sounds a great deal like our stay at the RPC at the GF in 2002. There was little or no eye contact, no smiles, little Disney 'spirit' if you will. This is coming from probably the biggest GF around! It killed me to even post it! I'm still a huge fan of the resort overall though.

I guess everyone has a different experience when they go. After I posted my experience at the RPC, there were many people who posted just the opposite. Maybe we just had bad timing? Seems strange that I could have such a bad experience and others gave glowing reviews. In any event, sorry to hear about your stay! Hope the marathon went well!

:)

I agree with all of you. Although they did get us some last minute dinners in France and England, that was the only time we really had any contact with them. One of the guys was pretty friendly but I can't recall his name. No one really talked to us getting in or out of the elevator and they hardly looked up when we passed. Then the day we left there were some bigwigs checking in and one of the women who never said diddly to us came over and gave me a really big hug like she was my best friend. Told us goodbye and please come back next time. What a joke! :rolleyes:

WOW am I shocked!! This goes to show how everyone can have a different experience with the same hotels!!
We also just cam back from four nights at teh Yacht concierge (Jan 6-9th) ANd I found eveyone to be soooo awesome!! they always asked if we had a nice day but also gave us our space when we didnt fell like being bothered!
Yet we HATED the Poly concierge and other rave.
I hope you had fun even with the not so great experience.

Oh we definitely had a good time...I was just surprised with the staff attitude. Not to repeat myself but it is so easy just to look up smile and say hello. If it was me, I'd do it out of sheer boredom!

Our stay at the YC Concierge was GREAT! The concierge staff was VERY friendly and polite. They always wished us well on our way out and welcomed us back on the way to our room. We were there in May 02, I can not see how there can be this much difference since then. One of the concierge staff even shook my hand and kissed my wife goodby at check out and wished my family well on our trip home. The YC Concierge gets a mark of AAAAAAAAA++++++.

Besides the staff, what did you think? I'd love some detailed info on the food, beverages, lounge, etc. Did you use the intinerary planning?? We are booked for our first YC concierge stay in April. Thanks!!! :)

David, I had the exact same experience at the YC-Concierge in August of 2001. I was very surprised by the attitude of most of the concierge staff, they really seemed to care less if they were friendly and helpful or not. I'm sorry to hear that is still the case.

Wow. We had a wonderful time in the YC Concierge in May 2001. Nearly everytime we stepped off of the elevator we were greeted with "Welcome Home." :D

Just have to stick up for my favorite resort! We have stayed at the YC concierge level many times and have never had a problem with the staff! They have always been friendly and courteous to us. They may not say hello every time we pass by but they have other things to do. Did you sit down with them and make conversation? Our kids (3 & 8 ) even did that and they were always very friendly with them.

Sorry that you were disapointed. Everyone has different expectations.

Jill

Sigh...I knew that even though I said I had a wonderful time at the YC, because I dared to say something critical of the almighty Disney I would get statements and digs like:

.....Did you sit down with them and make conversation? ........

OK..I get the implication...somehow it's my fault....

or....

....Sorry that you were disapointed. Everyone has different expectations......

Yea...I guess again it's just me being overly sensitive.....

or...

...I can not see how there can be this much difference since then. ...

OK....right..I'm lying about the whole thing....geeze....all I said was I was surprised that no one could just look up and smile and say hello......did it RUIN my vacation...of course not...we had a WONDEFUL time....I'm actually kind of sorry I mentioned the whole thing now. I just wanted to validate what others have said..and THIS is my FINAL word about the whole thing......

David

Someone asked...

Besides the staff, what did you think? I'd love some detailed info on the food, beverages, lounge, etc. Did you use the intinerary planning??

Before our trip one Sunday afternoon I was pleasantly surprised that the phone rang and it was the Yacht Club preplanning staff calling to ask if they could help us with any reservations or if we had any questions. That was so nice and is a nice touch. Made us feel like VIP's...

About the lounge. It was very nice being able to stop by for a bite every day....For breakfast they had bagels, various kinds of pastries and cakes, doughnuts and cereal. They also had some fruit. It was nice and we used it each morning. Also had milk, juice, tea and coffee....

Around dinnertine they had various snacks some of which were warm. It was a nice, but modest selection. I love the peanut butter and jelly sandwitches myself!

In the evening they had cordials and deserts. I never had cordials before so I just had to try each one!

Now one thing I was surprised is there was no bottled water or soda out. I guess you had to ask for it..I just drank water from the picture anyway so it was no problem..

For the convienance of walking down the hall and having a light breakfast, it really made the concierge level worth it for us.

Thanks guys...

David

Please don't feel upset about posting your opinion of the YC. I, personally, like to read all opinions - good and bad. There are some people who take comments personally, but that is their problem, not yours. I have felt "attacked" in the past for making comments about our stay in the Polynesian Concierge (yes, it does STINK - literally!), so I understand how you feel. Please continue to post comments about your experiences. Let the opposing comments slide and know that your comments are of benefit to someone. :D

Incidentally, I live in Bristow!! :D

Sorry...since it was my post you took quotes out of..

Please don't take it as disblieving what you said.. We have had the same things happen to us - as recent as our Nov. stay. (The CM's not always looking up when we went past...didn't know they were supposed to!)

Don't put hidden meanings into my post - that it was your fault and that you are over sensitive - I never said those things. Didn't mean to imply them either.

It's just that on these boards some things tend to escalate. If someone was planning a recent trip to the YC concierge and saw your report they might want to change their plans. Those of us who posted in defense of the YC just wanted to show that it's not that way all the time.

I am sorry if my post offended you as it was not meant to. Just wanted to show another side...and yes, the YC IS my favorite resort so I do feel a tad bit defensive toward it.

I apologize if my post upset you...not my intent!

Jill

Thanks for the post I like to know everything about a resort good and bad. It has helped me when I do run into a problem.

No excuse for not looking up and giving a quick smile, they should try to make the guest feel welcome.

I understand your feelings... Just because you didnt have a good experience with the concierge staff does not mean that you didnt have a great time at WDW :)

It is unfortunate that you did not receive better service, I have stayed at YC Concierge 4 times and always had a wonderful experience.

Hope the next time you stay concierge at a resort you get more smiles :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Laura :)

:wave:
Hello everyone !
I am a newbie and have booked a stay at YC Concierge in May.
I have gotten soooo much info from everyone on this site and have read the pros and cons of the concierge services at the deluxe D-resorts. We have been to WDW 3 prior times and each time things have been somewhat different but not intolerable in regards to the service we have received. This is our first concierge stay and I am looking forward to it. We hope to get an AP code soon to help with the cost!! I know that everyone can't
always have a great experience, and I have heard all the comments made here, but I am still willling to take a chance, so please keep your fingers and toes crossed for us. I figure as long as I am at WDW I will do my BEST to have a darn good time and wil do it with a big ole smile on my face. :sunny:

Do not feel bad that you posted your experience. I am glad to read both good and bad posts. I also get the feeling that some people question when an experience is bad because they just don't want to hear anything negative about Disney. Come on everyone get real! Disney is not perfect and YES bad experiences DO happen and the guest has the RIGHT to be upset and disappointed. Don't attack a poster for telling of his experience. If you must question it then before you type a word maybe you should do the following:

1. think how you would feel after being disappointed after looking forward to a hard earned trip.
2. think how you would feel if someone questioned if you were being honest or just being petty or a nit picker. NO ONE would like to be made to feel that way.

Don't feel bad poster. A DVC poster actually questioned my post of whether feces smeared on a bathroom door at the OKW was actually chocolate pudding or a chocolate bar . They actually had the nerve to question if I got it analyzed or not. No I did not get it analyzed but who in their right mind would be eating pudding or a chocolate bar in the bathroom. AND above and beyond that I COULD tell the difference when I cleaned it off the door. It was just an ignorant post from someone who would rather stick their head in the sand than admit that yes the almightly Disney does make mistakes and DOES have to have accountability. I LOVE Disney as much as the rest of the people but sometimes they make mistakes and rather than look the other way or question if someone is blowing it out of proportion maybe we should just complain and they could fix it.

Just my .02 worth. Keep posting poster, we appreciate any and all information.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter