It's The Most Magical Trip of the....Ever?

hbar

Earning My Ears
Confession: I went back and forth about posting. As you can tell by my profile, I've entirely been a lurker here on the Dis :rotfl2:

But! You guys have been such a help that it only felt right to try and give back in the form of a little entertainment. From planning advice through trip reports getting me through finals, this trip wouldn't be happening without YOU

Backstory: The two of us going on this trip had been talking about going to Disney World since before we graduated high school. It just never made sense, since we both knew we wanted to stay on property for a decent length of time, so we could really enjoy it before any kids were involved. Then, about a year and a half ago, I was looking for a distraction from my homework. I decided to look up just how much it would cost to get to Disney, now that I had a job....and now here we are, leaving in three days!

What: A "This is your present for at least two years" Disney Christmas trip
When: November 24th-December 2nd, 2018
Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge through DVC!!! :bounce:
Who: Len and Kayla

What's that? Time for introductions?

20246396_1402093649882478_7883402779723231622_n.jpg

(Oh mighty Dis veterans--why is my image so huge?)

My name's Len, and I'm your primary planner, dungeon master, and local nerd. I graduated with my Master's degree from the University of Minnesota in May, and am currently taking coding classes at my local community college and mcing trivia on the weekends.

17075803_1255357794540902_1778319303259455488_a.jpg

My best friend, Kayla, is my partner in crime and all things travel. This will be our first major trip together, but previously we've met up in Seattle and Tokyo (including DisneySea!). Next year, we'll be moving to Ireland together. Disneyland Paris, anyone?

We both grew up near Disneyland, but neither of us have been in more than a decade, and never to Disney World. After planning this trip for eighteen months, we're quaking with excitement. So, why should you be? Follow along for:

-Live updates*
-A trip to The Void
-Drinking/Snacking around the world on a budget
-MVMCP!!!!!
-Copious Star Trek references
-Other reasons I'll come up with later

*live updates not guaranteed ;)
If you decide to follow along, welcome! And I'll see you....at the happiest place on Earth! :tinker:

Live Update #1 -- Oh, The Places You'll Go

First--happy Thanksgiving!! I hope everyone's had a day to eat great food with loved ones and take it easy. This year, my whole family was thankful for rain. We live in northern California, so it's sorely needed and may help with the fires still burning.

You guys know the days where nothing goes quite according to plan, but still somehow works out? Yeah. It's been like that. I woke up last night with the classic lump in my throat. For me, this is always the big bright YOU'RE GETTING SICK warning sign. Yes, that's right. First cold of the year. The day before I left for Disney. :worried::worried::worried:

ThoughtfulDefensiveCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

This would not do! To try and fight it off, I spent most of yesterday and today in bed. I think my mom would have killed me if she wasn't only cooking for the three of us. The good news? IT WORKED!! NO MORE THROATACHE!! The bad?

I...may have woken up at 5:30 today in a cold sweat, realizing I hadn't packed at all. :eek: Luckily, I'd done all my laundry and organized things in advance for once in my life, so after a delicious sushi dinner I threw everything in my bags and made it out the door by eight. Thanks to the rain, it was a quick drive, and I passed it belting christmas songs. Gotta get in the spirit, right? I made it to the airport at 9:00 sharp, visions of TSA Precheck and the first drink of the vacation dancing in my head.

Well....I technically got both. Orangina is basically a virgin mimosa, right? :rotfl2: Note to anyone coming through SFO in the evening--the domestic terminal closes pretty early. You can definitely still get a quick bite to eat or your soda and chips of choice, but unless you're a member of one of the airline clubs, don't hold out hope for much more than a bottled beer after 8 or so. Ah, well.

giphy.gif

Two hours to my flight....should I do some homework? Or watch a Disney movie? :confused3:goodvibes

Today's Cost:

57,000 United Miles
$11.20 taxes and fees

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts