It's Our First Thanksgiving Trip (And I'll Start My PTR A Year Early if I Want To!)- COMPLETE 11/16

Happy 21st, Kaitlyn!!! It's such a fun time and the drink looks divine!

The ADRs worked out well. Hollywood Studios is always a harder decision to make when it comes to dining. Many times we end up dropping the ADR inside the park and eat either at the Boardwalk or in Epcot. :confused3

It's weird to be thinking about 2019. I'm not sure what our plans will be yet, but what I do know is that we may wait 2-3 years and go in 2020 or 2021. :eek::faint: Not sure I can hold out that long, but we'll see.

Happy 21st, Kaitlyn!!! It's such a fun time and the drink looks divine!

The ADRs worked out well. Hollywood Studios is always a harder decision to make when it comes to dining. Many times we end up dropping the ADR inside the park and eat either at the Boardwalk or in Epcot. :confused3

It's weird to be thinking about 2019. I'm not sure what our plans will be yet, but what I do know is that we may wait 2-3 years and go in 2020 or 2021. :eek::faint: Not sure I can hold out that long, but we'll see.

Thank you so much!! :hug:

I agree. DHS seems to lack TS options that everyone in my family enjoys, but they never want to leave the park to eat! Having a dinner at the Boardwalk sounds good though. If we didn't have grand Toy Story plans, I'd run that by them!

Thinking about 2019 is definitely weird! It was weird to think about 2018 in 2017! I hope all your plans work out, though! Keep me updated!

Thank you so much!! :hug:

I agree. DHS seems to lack TS options that everyone in my family enjoys, but they never want to leave the park to eat! Having a dinner at the Boardwalk sounds good though. If we didn't have grand Toy Story plans, I'd run that by them!

Thinking about 2019 is definitely weird! It was weird to think about 2018 in 2017! I hope all your plans work out, though! Keep me updated!
I've pretty much decided to avoid TSL for dining purposes. We do have a lunch ADR at Sci Fi but if history repeats itself, we won't be dining there.

I definitely think you should have Thanksgiving at the CG. This is an order. :cutie:

I've pretty much decided to avoid TSL for dining purposes. We do have a lunch ADR at Sci Fi but if history repeats itself, we won't be dining there.

I definitely think you should have Thanksgiving at the CG. This is an order. :cutie:

I think we should have Thanksgiving at the CG, too! But my family really wants to get into the DVC member dinner, and I don't blame them. That'd be a lot of fun to attend and write about.

Wow, I can't believe you didn't even have to go to Jury Duty! All of that worry & stress for nothing! But it all worked out so just be grateful you didnt have to go (and potentially get picked for a case or something)!

I'm sorry about the AC being broken :( Temps have been relatively nice in NJ but I know it's going to heat up this weekend so I hope you are able to get through it :hug:

Wow, I can't believe you didn't even have to go to Jury Duty! All of that worry & stress for nothing! But it all worked out so just be grateful you didnt have to go (and potentially get picked for a case or something)!

I'm sorry about the AC being broken :( Temps have been relatively nice in NJ but I know it's going to heat up this weekend so I hope you are able to get through it :hug:

Thank you :hug:

My Must-Try Drinks!

Hi again, guys!

So I'm going to shift the focus away from my personal life and get back to the trip! It feels weird to not follow up on last week's post, but things are getting slowly becoming normal, so I figured maybe it'd be best for me to post something related to my trip because I wanted to write, and definitely want to get into a more positive mindset! I'm going to try to do a few of these "must-try" posts in the next few days until some more important trip news comes along.

Now that I'm 21, I've been researching all of the different adult beverages I can try in November. I have a little bucket list I've compiled of different drinks that either a) have been well-rated and recommended by the DIS community, or b) just look yummy!

Orange Grand Marnier Slush

grand-marnier-slush.jpg

This one has become a legend in the Disney World community, so I definitely have to try it while I'm down there! It's an orange slush with Grand Marnier, rum, I think Grey Goose and orange juice. Like a dreamsicle slush, but for adults! Mom and I are for sure going to share this one once we're both in Epcot.

Lapu Lapu

Lapu-Lapu-367x550.jpg

This little guy from the Polynesian's Tambu Lounge looks like he's going to be my first drink of the trip! I've always admired the Lapu Lapu (from a safe, legal distance!) for it's beauty, so I can't wait to take some cute pics with one while I'm there! You'll find a mixture of rum and fruit juice inside an emptied out pineapple... the perfect start-of-a-vacation toast!

The Polynesian Pearl

Drinks_Pearl_groggrotto_glover.jpg

Continuing with Polynesian Resort drinks, I really want to try the Polynesian Pearl at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto! This is one place I really have my heart set on. I'm not a bar-goer by any means, but I am totally obsessed with the fun theming at Trader Sam's. Mom and I are for sure going to stop here, and I already have my drink of the evening planned out: The Polynesian Pearl! It's a mix of RumChata, Grand Marnier, a few tropical juices, and cinnamon for a little kick... all served in a pretty pearl pulled from their resident oyster, Shelly. Sometimes you can even get a rare black pearl, which is very fun and aesthetic.

Tipsy Ducks in Love

6117383-23307041-thumbnail.jpg

This drink looks so delicious! You can get it at the China pavilion in Epcot. It's an iced coffee mixed with some tea, chocolate, a shot of Bourbon Whiskey, and topped off with some whipped cream. I'm not a whiskey gal, but DFB says that it's creamy and smooth.

Millennial Pink Champagne Toast

millennial-pink-champagne-1524148439.jpg

Okay so this drink is at the very bottom of my list because even though it has my name written all over it, realistically, I'm not sure if we're going to be able to squeeze it in during our November trip. I'll be all decked out in rose-gold for pictures when we go to Disney Springs on the off-chance we end up at Amorette's Patisserie, but not counting on it. It's like $18 or something crazy like that, so I would probably end up backing out at the last minute anyway because really-- I can't justify paying $18 for a flute of wine that was sold for $10 with boba pearls in EPCOT during Food and Wine last year. It's a cute pink sparkling wine with cute pink Mickey ears on top.

I'm going to stop here because we're going to see some fireworks tonight! And of course, once we get home, I have my yearly 4th of July tradition to attend to...

giphy.gif

I post about this EVERY YEAR. It's been in every PTR I've had since I started writing them in 2013: Watching 1776 on TCM on 4th of July. It started when I watched it hours before we left for our Disney trip in 2014. It's one of my favorite musical movies of all time, and something I look forward to every summer!

Hope the rest of you celebrating have a wonderful 4th of July! If you're not celebrating... hope your Wednesday has been great!

-Kaitlyn

Our Biggest Itinerary Change... Ever?
It's always when I start to think "there won't be any real updates for a while" that a real update is bound to occur, right?

giphy.gif

So I touched on this earlier, but my family really, really wanted to do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this year. They were absolutely gutted when I broke it to them that there wouldn't be a Party during our dates.

I know I spoke about this in the conclusion of my summer 2017 PTR, but I don't think I've mentioned here about how my family watches Disney World vlogs on our TV together every night. We watch the new Tim Tracker video every day. And often times, we'll watch videos of either the Polynesian Village Resort or some MNSSHP/MVMCP footage afterwards. Last night, we were watching MVMCP and both of my parents started lamenting the fact that we weren't going to see MVMCP this year. I mean... they were seriously upset over it.

So then mom asks, "when is the last party before our date?"

To which I say, "That'd be Friday, the 16th."

To which she says, "Okay, how could we be able to make that?"

We spent an hour figuring out how we could possibly make the MVMCP on Friday, November 16th. We went back and forth on how to logistically get to WDW as safely and quickly as possible, without missing too much school. Eventually, we settled on this POTENTIAL itinerary:

Wednesday, November 14: I come home from Pace. At 2 AM, we leave for Georgia.
Thursday, November 15: Our usual driving schedule, stopping over at Kingsland, GA for the evening.
Friday, November 16: We pull into the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista (it's a Disney Springs Area Resort) for two days, head to MK and go to MVMCP that night.
Saturday, November 17: Another day at Wyndham Garden, probably visiting MK again or Disney Springs.
Sunday, November 18: The rest of the vacation happens as scheduled.

We haven't purchased anything yet... partly because I might try to talk everyone out of this one. I know, I know. ME, of all people, DISCOURAGING two more days of WDW Resort fun. But logistically, I just don't see how I can miss two days of class, especially since that I'm already missing my T/TR class rotation the following week for this trip. So that's a full week of T/TR classes I'd be missing, plus my one Friday class. I'd miss four classes if we did this, whereas I'd only miss two if we don't.

Still... it'd be really, really nice to see Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this year.

tumblr_o0i73lnfhl1tb8iyko1_500.gif

I'm gonna have to talk to my professors about it. This is something my parents really want to do and something they really deserve. If there's a way I can miss this much class without penalizing my grades, we'll book the change sometime in September.

-Kaitlyn

That's such a tough situation! Of course you want more time in Disney and attend MVMCP! But totally understand your worry about missing too many classes. Hopefully your professors will be understanding!

Girl your PTR is #goals! How do you do the table of contents thing???!?!? Seriously, please share! <3 And I love the drinks you've picked out!

That's such a tough situation! Of course you want more time in Disney and attend MVMCP! But totally understand your worry about missing too many classes. Hopefully your professors will be understanding!

I'm so happy you understand the predicament I'm in! It would be a LOT of classes to miss. My school has a pretty strict attendance policy-- for the weekly classes, which I'll be missing at least once this trip, I can only have one unexcused absence. Since this isn't related to a death in the family or a personal illness, it would be considered unexcused. Even if they understood, there's only so much I can physically miss without it ruining my grade. I don't even want to know what will happen if I open up my syllabus and see that there's going to be an exam that Mon/Tues I'm missing.

My favorite question:flower1:

Whhaaaattttt???

*Sigh* I hate having to adult.

MY EXACT SENTIMENTS... EXACTLY! The college-aged Disney Parks Fan struggle is SO real. The good news is that I'm almost done with college. Soon, I'll be able to tour the parks whenever I want (well, I mean... whenever I can get approved vacation time from my big girl job :rolleyes1)

Girl your PTR is #goals! How do you do the table of contents thing???!?!? Seriously, please share! <3 And I love the drinks you've picked out!

YOU ARE THE SWEETEST!! Here's how to make a table of contents, it's really easy when you get the hang of it!

1. Click the little grey number at the bottom of the update post you want to add!
2. Copy the entire link in the big box on top!
3. Edit the post with your table of contents. Type in the text you want to add the link to.
4. Highlight that text, and then click the icon that looks like a metal chain link. It should be in the third box next to the bold/italic/color font selectors.
5. Paste your link into that and click "insert"

I'm glad you like my drink selection!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

MY EXACT SENTIMENTS... EXACTLY! The college-aged Disney Parks Fan struggle is SO real. The good news is that I'm almost done with college. Soon, I'll be able to tour the parks whenever I want (well, I mean... whenever I can get approved vacation time from my big girl job :rolleyes1)

I know what you mean! I've been trying to convince my roomie that we should go for a long runDisney weekend so we can do a race, but alas, we have classes to consider...:confused3

I know what you mean! I've been trying to convince my roomie that we should go for a long runDisney weekend so we can do a race, but alas, we have classes to consider...:confused3

If it helps you feel better, runDisney weekends are always craaaaaaaaazy busy. When my family picked me up from the DCP there was a big race going on, and the parks were jam PACKED after being relatively quiet for like two or three days. Doing a race would be awesome though!

My Must-Eat Snacks!
As we wait for itinerary changes to officially materialize (or, I guess, dematerialize), I want to keep the posts rolling! About a week and a half ago I gave you my list of must-try drinks. Today I'm going to bring you a similar list. Must-Eat Snacks!

Now believe me... I've eaten a fair share of snacks in my adventures in WDW. But the cool thing about WDW is that new things are added every day. One of the cool parts about being a dining correspondent for FGB is that I get to research all of the great food in the Disney Parks, and I have to say... they have really been stepping up their game this summer. My mouth has been watering watching the coverage of the park food scene over the past few weeks! So of course I've got a cute little list of snacks I simply have to eat during this trip...

Cheeseburger Spring Rolls

Adventureland-Egg-Roll-Cart-Cheeseburger-Spring-Rolls-2.jpg

They're back at WDW and they're Park Snack No. 1... like Public Enemy No. 1, only tastier. They're Adventureland's illustrious cheeseburger spring rolls, and I have to get my hands on them. Last week, when it was announced that they had made their grand return to the parks, my cravings got so bad that I made cheeseburger spring rolls for my family. They were amazing, and these will be, too. If you haven't been fortunate enough to have these in your life, let me give you the run-down of what exactly is in this deep fried pocket of love: ground beef, cheese, onions, I believe dill pickle, ketchup, and mustard... all wrapped up and fried in a spring roll wrapper. They've got a cult following. They're practically their own love language. And in November (pending WDW Park Operation Menu Changes), they will be mine.

Boozy Beignets

Baton-Rouge-Beignets-Baileys_Scat-Cats_18-08-474x600.jpg

These made their debut at Scat Cat's Club (POFQ Resort) this week, and my family is pretty set on them. They're the delicious beignets from POFQ, but with little pipettes of alcohol to squeeze inside of them. You have a choice of Bailey's, Rumchata and Kahlua, and most of the people who have been reporting on these have come to a consensus that they paired the best with Bailey's. I've never tried the beignets at POFQ (I know, I know, I had 5 whole months back in 2016, blasphemous), I think mom, dad, Grace and I are going to try to meander over to POFQ on Thanksgiving before dinner at CG.

Mongolian Beef Bao Bun & Fortune Cookie

2017-epcot-festival-of-the-holidays-shanghai-holiday-kitchen-Mongolian-Beef-Bao-Bun-and-a-Fortune-Cookie-2-700x525.jpg

While I'd prefer the duck bao bun served at the F&W Festival, anything at the China pavilion served with a bao bun is a hit for me! I'm really excited to see the Festival of the Holidays at WDW this year. Interestingly enough, I didn't get to see the Candlelight Processional or do any Festival of the Holidays stuff during my DCP, despite the CP being one of the biggest things I was excited for. I just didn't have the time in my work schedule to see it! I still don't think we'll be able to see CP this year, but I'm very excited to try the offerings at the booths while we're there! I don't know if this dish specifically will be there, but I'm down to try whatever looks best ;)

Gingebread Cookie

Grand-FLoridian-Gingerbread-House-Shingle-700x525.jpg

Visiting the Grand Floridian gingerbread house was one holiday related thing I was able to accomplish during my DCP. I can't wait to see it again this November, I really want to try the Mickey gingerbread cookie with little chocolate dipped ears!

Ganache

Lollypops.jpg

First of all, The Ganachery looks incredible and I can't wait to try the ganache here. I am a huge chocolate gal. But also, they have this whole thing about the proper way to eat ganache and I really want to feel pretentious as I eat ganache "the proper way" and discuss "the nuances of the cacao" or whatever. Sue me, I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Flavored Popcorn

Epcot-Flavored-Popcorn-Cart-2-600x436.jpg

I distinctly remember coming across this stand many times whenever I was at Epcot on my DCP, but I always passed it over. Something piqued my interest in this popcorn last week and I made a mental note to discuss it when I came around to writing this post, but in true Kaitlyn fashion, I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was a DFB video? DFB is now my dad's favorite YT channel. In any case, popcorn is probably my favorite of the classic WDW savory park snacks. I don't care for Mickey pretzels and Turkey Legs are only a snack if you're sharing one with approximately 75 other people. The sour cream and chive one is calling my name, so I'll go check out this stand when I go to Epcot.

Writing this post made me hungry. So very hungry. Thankfully, I'm about to go get ready for a late lunch/early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory! It was Grace's 17th birthday last week (she passed her driver's test!), and we're celebrating today with a meal at her (and I guess my) favorite restaurant. I hope you guys are having a great day and I'll talk to you later!

-Kaitlyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts