It's Our First Thanksgiving Trip (And I'll Start My PTR A Year Early if I Want To!)- COMPLETE 11/16

I have Homecomin' on my list, too! The video reviews on disney food blog has me drooooooling! I honestly haven't done any table services in my life so I'm definitely making up for that hahaha

These all sound so good! Yak and Yeti and The Wave are on my list, too. Hopefully y'all will actually make it to Yak and Yeti this time. :laughing::laughing:

I've heard so many amazing review from Y&Y and we loved Wave, so I really hope we can hit them! And seriously... a meal at Y&Y has been four years a-comin for us!

I have Homecomin' on my list, too! The video reviews on disney food blog has me drooooooling! I honestly haven't done any table services in my life so I'm definitely making up for that hahaha

Homecomin' looks AMAZING. We are SO excited to try it!

Planning TS meals are the best part of planning, I promise. Definitely take some time to explore DFB and pick some good ones!

Hiiii!! I'm here and following along!! I'll also be at WDW in November! Just doing a one night stay at Beach Club Villas Nov. 8-9. We're going to MVMCP opening night on the 8th! So sad for you that they don't have a single party that week! That's really surprising to me, but I guess they figure big crowds so they don't want to close MK early for a party?

Also, I totally recommend Yak & Yeti! So good and the portions are HUGE.

Hiiii!! I'm here and following along!! I'll also be at WDW in November! Just doing a one night stay at Beach Club Villas Nov. 8-9. We're going to MVMCP opening night on the 8th! So sad for you that they don't have a single party that week! That's really surprising to me, but I guess they figure big crowds so they don't want to close MK early for a party?

Also, I totally recommend Yak & Yeti! So good and the portions are HUGE.

WELCOME ABOARD!!! :welcome: So happy to have you here!

It sounds like you have a great night planned, opening nights are always fun because you get to see everything before anyone else!

That's typically what it is. Thanksgiving Crowds are too big to close the park early for a party. But it is what it is!

We really want to go to Yak & Yeti!

RL Update: I'm a Big!
Hey everyone!

I have had the craziest past few weeks. I am so ready for this semester to be over. Between classes and sorority ongoings, I've had a really busy March and April.

Speaking of which... I'm a big!

I was so excited. She was first on my matching list, and she's perfect! I got the call saying that she was going to be my little at 3:25 in the morning on a Friday night. :faint:

For those of you unfamiliar with the sorority tradition of bigs and littles: Sororities have lineage. That means when you're a new member, you get an older sister who is your direct "big sister." When you're an older sister, if you're lucky, you get a little so your family grows! Your job is to mentor her and be her life-long friend. It's an honor and I'm so happy to be one!

I spent so much money on her during Big/Little week, my bank account is hurting. First day is snacks/clues:

DabxgpfXkAM_Qu6.jpg

Second day is clues/whatever you want:

DabxgpmW4AIznFT.jpg

DabxgovXcAA_loA.jpg

And the last day is room decorating!

DabxgqJXUAIvAWz.jpg

We had some V. Cute reveal pictures.

DabxlHOX4AAyBBm.jpg

DabxlIsX0AEE5M3.jpg

DabxprTX4AA7MAi.jpg

We have a philanthropy event coming up on Thursday and then I'm going home for the weekend. Next weekend, Grace is visiting me in the city and we're going to see Mean Girls together.

-Kaitlyn

Disney Haul!
So the amount of things I have for this upcoming trip went from 0 to 100 real quick this weekend.

A few weeks ago, I bought a band bow for my Magic Band on Etsy. It hasn't shipped yet, but since this whole post is going to be about things I've purchased so far for the trip, here's a cute little picture of the one I ordered:

il_570xN.1494347913_kh1a.jpg

If you know me, you know just how much I love my Starbucks. I can't wait to wear this down there! My hope is that I'll be able to buy a millennial pink MB before our trip because A) I really want a millennial pink MB and B) I think it'd look super cute w/ this bow.

According to the seller reviews on Etsy, these bows take their sweet time to ship so I'll just be sippin my starbs pink drink until they do.

89bf6937f5bf28a4484db8a18216ecb1027e0aae_hq.gif

The only thing I promised myself I'd do this trip was that I wouldn't start buying anything until Summer Break. And I've kind of kept that promise, since mom paid for the MB bows and paid for a little trip to the Disney store this weekend... tee-hee.

I'm going to a formal this Friday night, so we were in the mall to get a pair of shoes for that and mom wanted to pay a visit to the Disney Store. We looked around for a little bit and suddenly... I spotted a gem.

DbZZw-wV0AAFFVS.jpg

DbZZw-vU8AIDaD7.jpg

A DVC jacket!! DVC doesn't sell their merch in Disney stores, but if someone buys something online and returns it in a store, the CMs will usually just put them back on the floor for someone else to buy. I fell in love and I had to have it!

It has the new pattern on the inside:

DbZZw_rVwAEOsck.jpg

This is perfect for me, since I need a lighter jacket. The weather is like... not hot, but not cold, but also rainy? And I'll probably need it in November for the trip.

I also got one of those lemon wedge coolers since they're all over Disney IG rn. This will probably become my camp bag? It'll keep my lunch and water cool.

DbZZzevUQAMm07o.jpg

We went to the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets last night as well. I needed a new backpack, and we got a really nice one from Columbia for less than $30! I also got a pair of Adidas because everyone has them and I think they're awesome.

I have a really big week ahead of me and I'm so looking forward to it. On Friday night, I have a formal, and on Saturday, Grace is coming in to the city to see Mean Girls with me and sleepover in the dorm room. The weather is supposed to be nice all week (finally!) and I don't have anything due in immediately in any of my classes... looks like it's going to be a good week!

-Kaitlyn

I relate to this on an extreme level. I feel like this always happens to me!

OMG I love this!! So adorable!

This is so cute! What a fun find! :D

It's so bad... I end up purchasing SO MUCH at one time and then it's like, "Where do I stash this stuff until my trip?!?"

Thank you so much!!! I was in between this one and a rose gold one and I ended up happy choosing this one.

Cute purchases!! Enjoy your week :goodvibes

Thank you so much- you too!

Joaiming along for your PTR! You leave the day we check in, so we’ll just be missing each other... but we can get super excited together! Yay!

I always imagined us doing LTT if we were ever there on Thanksgiving Day. Can you tell my family has super refined tastes? Haha! Basic Turkey Day food!

Hi Kaitlyn, I'm here and all caught up on you PTR!

Your trip to Arizona sounded fun. Very cool that you saw Mean Girls on Broadway - I have been thinking about possibly going since I do love the movie. I saw Spongebob Squarepants as well this past January - and I really enjoyed it!

Love all of your WDW updates so far. How great you were able to get the exact room type you wanted - very exciting!

For the Thanksgiving meal, if you want something low key, kind of quiet, and still be able to get a Turkey dinner, I know the Grand Floridian Cafe does a nice Thanksgiving meal! My grandparents who live in Orlando have been doing that whenever they are there for Thanksgiving. I know you said your family really enjoyed the GFC last summer. I have had those Floridian pancakes as well - they are fantastic:goodvibes

Looking forward to more updates!:thumbsup2

Joaiming along for your PTR! You leave the day we check in, so we’ll just be missing each other... but we can get super excited together! Yay!

I always imagined us doing LTT if we were ever there on Thanksgiving Day. Can you tell my family has super refined tastes? Haha! Basic Turkey Day food!

Welcome aboard!!! :welcome: So glad to have you here!

We'll ABSOLUTELY get excited together, we'll be planning around the same time which is always fun!

LTT is a great spot for Thanksgiving Day! It's not my family's favorite restaurant, so we're going to stay away from it this year, but it's such a fun spot to grab a Thanksgiving meal!

Hi Kaitlyn, I'm here and all caught up on you PTR!

Your trip to Arizona sounded fun. Very cool that you saw Mean Girls on Broadway - I have been thinking about possibly going since I do love the movie. I saw Spongebob Squarepants as well this past January - and I really enjoyed it!

Love all of your WDW updates so far. How great you were able to get the exact room type you wanted - very exciting!

For the Thanksgiving meal, if you want something low key, kind of quiet, and still be able to get a Turkey dinner, I know the Grand Floridian Cafe does a nice Thanksgiving meal! My grandparents who live in Orlando have been doing that whenever they are there for Thanksgiving. I know you said your family really enjoyed the GFC last summer. I have had those Floridian pancakes as well - they are fantastic:goodvibes

Looking forward to more updates!:thumbsup2

Hi hi hi!!! Welcome aboard! :welcome:

I had a lot of fun in Arizona. Mean Girls was an AMAZING Broadway show, I've seen it twice now and I'm hoping to see it again tomorrow if my friend or I win the online ticket lottery! I also love Spongebob Squarepants... I hope it does well at the Awards this June!

We're so excited to get the room we wanted, I can't wait for online check-in!

Thank you so much for the suggestion, we are DEFINITELY going to be checking out the GFC one way or another this trip! It's good to know they have a great Thanksgiving dinner, we'll for sure look into that! I'm still dreaming about those Grand Floridian Pancakes... :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I'll try to have another update posted by the end of this week!

It's Been A Month, and There is So Much Going On
*John Mulaney Voice* GOOD EVENING, HI, I'M JOHN MULANEY, NICE TO MEET YOU AGAIN

tumblr_ml6c8do1ax1qeij3zo1_250.gif

Okay, wow. A lot has gone on in the past month and you're probably going to have a LOT of updates between now and Tuesday (ADR day!) so I'm going to just jump on in and split this update into three convenient parts.

Life Updates
The semester ended on a really great note for me. I got all As this semester, which was I'm pretty sure the first time I've ever done that in my college career? I was really proud of myself!

I came home just over a week ago, and a few days ago, I got my most recent Jury Duty update. VERY exciting news for you all... SOMEHOW, I WAS SWITCHED TO PETIT JURY! That means I get my summer of fun work at my summer camp and falling asleep to DCOMs in August back!!! Thus, a happy ending for the year-long Saga of the Jury Duty, which plagued my life for far too long.

I turn 21 on Monday, which I guess is tomorrow since it's now midnight! Fun stuff!

I guess that's really all I have to say for life updates?

Small Shop Drama
Ya'll. Things are NOT GOOD on both of the orders I've placed for cute stuff for this trip.

First of all, I ordered a shirt from Pixie Lee and Co and had it accidentally shipped to my dorm instead of my home in NJ. I asked her for help as soon as I sent the order, and she said she could fix it, but the system sent it to the dorm anyway which is frustrating. She has been SO helpful and kind throughout this whole ordeal, I highly recommend placing an order through her if you're looking for cute Disney shirts! She offered to send me a new shirt, but I'm probably going to take it from here and get a shipping label to mail to the dorm so they can send me my package. I can't wait to show the shirt to you! It's adorable, I'm in love.

Remember the Magic Band Bow order?

Okay. So I'm going to keep the seller anonymous for right now but I'm starting to lose hope for this order. I placed the order on April 1. On May 5, when they still weren't shipped, I contacted the seller. She replied almost immediately to tell me that they were just waiting on the little Starbucks embellishment in the mail, and that they'd ship my bows that weekend. It's now May 20. A few days ago, I asked for another update and haven't heard back. A recent review for this store is not looking good, someone claims that this woman gave her excuse after excuse as to why she didn't get her bow sent out to her and eventually got her order cancelled. A few pages into the reviews for her shop, you start finding more and more claims in the same boat. Am I going to have to file a claim with Etsy for the first time in my life? Stay tuned.

DINING RESERVATIONS!
OKAY WHOOOOOOOOOO NO MORE DRAMA FOR A LITTLE BIT HERE'S THE ADRS I'M PLANNING TO MAKE ON TUESDAY YES I'M SCREAMING @ YOU PROMISE TO MAKE IT QUICK IT'S 1:00 AM IN NJ

SUNDAY- Arrival day/MK: Dinner at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'

MONDAY- Epcot: Dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel

TUESDAY- Hollywood Studios: Late Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In

WEDNESDAY- Animal Kingdom: Lunch at Yak & Yeti

THURSDAY- Thanksgiving Day, so park plans TBA: Dinner at California Grille

FRIDAY- Magic Kingdom: Breakfast at The Wave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!