It's Our First Thanksgiving Trip (And I'll Start My PTR A Year Early if I Want To!)- COMPLETE 11/16

Sis, I am LIVING for your dorm room. The Mean Girls theming is on-point and I want to live there. "Don't be fooled by the pink." I'M SCREAMING WOW DESIGN MY HOUSE

And I totally understand what you mean about PTRs. They've never been my gig either and are just there to fill in time. But omg AUGUST 2019, ALREADY???? Sis, is the our reunion cuzzzzz IT SHOULD BE!!!!!

Your dorm is the cutest! And the Pop's canvas is goals:lovestruc

OOOO GIRL PREACH IT! This is literally me this semester. I have 3 papers due this week (and one of them has to be in Spanish), so I am right there with ya.

All the things!!! I've been struggling with this with my own PTR this time around, mostly because I feel like I don't ever have anything new or interesting to say!

I hope your semester is the best!:flower1:

Thank you so much princess!!! I was going to make the castle mural you taught us how to DIY but I wouldn't have any space for it on my wall :sad:

We're going to KICK BUTT this semester

It's the WORST feeling! I want to write on this PTR... but I NEVER feel like I have anything interesting enough to write about!

I hope you have the best semester ever!!!! :butterfly

Your room looks so cute! Love seeing the unicorn pinata back :)

Totally understandable that you won't be able to keep up with this PTR as much. Have a great semester! And I look forward to hearing the key updates to your upcoming trip!

Thank you so much!! Fernanda has indeed made a triumphant return for Fall 2018!!!

I hope I can squeeze out a few more great updates for you guys!! I'll do my FP+ selection post right now!!

Sis, I am LIVING for your dorm room. The Mean Girls theming is on-point and I want to live there. "Don't be fooled by the pink." I'M SCREAMING WOW DESIGN MY HOUSE

And I totally understand what you mean about PTRs. They've never been my gig either and are just there to fill in time. But omg AUGUST 2019, ALREADY???? Sis, is the our reunion cuzzzzz IT SHOULD BE!!!!!

I miss you so much sister :sad::sad::sad:

I can design your house IF you buy a swanky little apartment in NYC and live with me

IT BETTER BE OUR REUNION

Our FP+ Selections

Do you guys know what today was? Hint: it involved waking up at 6:50 in the morning, opening my laptop, and prayed My Disney Experience would work...

That's right! Today was FP+ day!!!

giphy.gif

Let's discuss what I have planned! I got mostly what we wanted, when we wanted it, barring a few expected snafus that we were able to fix.

Sunday, Nov 18
12:55-1:55 PM: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2:50-3:50 PM: Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
4:00-5:00 PM: Pirates of the Caribbean

For our arrival day, we wanted to stay close to the resort and activate our Annual Passes at MK! I knew I definitely wanted a FP+ to meet Mickey Mouse today because November 18 is going to be Mickey's 90th birthday! We want to celebrate with him!

The one thing I want to note about this day is that I tried to get Mine Train, and they were already out of Mine Train FP+ for the day at 9:00 AM.

Monday, Nov 19
1:00-2:00 PM: Spaceship Earth
2:05-3:05 PM: The Seas with Nemo & Friends
3:40-4:40 PM: Test Track

Dad really loves Test Track, so I chose TT for our Tier 1 choice this year. I love Spaceship Earth, so I made sure to put that in there, too. Nemo was kind of a throwaway, I don't know if we'll end up on it.

Tuesday, Nov 20
1:10-2:10 PM: Alien Swirling Saucers
2:25-3:25 PM: Star Tours -- The Adventure Continues
6:50-7:50 PM: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

So I really wanted to get us on Slinky Dog Dash on Tuesday, but they were completely out for that Tuesday. Whomp-Whomp. My family is going to adore Swirling Saucers, and fear not-- Slinky may dash again towards the end of the trip ;)

Wednesday, Nov 21
2:10-3:10 PM: Expedition Everest -- Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
3:25-4:25 PM: Na'vi River Journey
4:25-5:25 PM: Kilimanjaro Safaris

This time, I was sure to book all of our FP+ for after lunch at Yak & Yeti. I refuse to miss out on it this time!

I just-- literally as I was writing this out-- played musical FP+ with this day. Originally, I had us going from lunch at Yak & Yeti to Na'vi then back to Expedition Everest, which I realized was foolish :upsidedow So now we have this! It'll give us juuuust a little bit of time to relax and digest before we go on Everest, which I know Grace and Mom will love! They've never been on it.

I tried to book FOP for Grace and I on this day, but alas, they were out of FOP when I went to book it. It isn't the end of the world, I'm actually not dying to get on it. With my family's attitude about this park (it's too hot, it's too big, etc.), I don't think we'll make it to Na'vi on this day.

Thurs, Nov 22
11:50-12:50 PM: Peter Pan's Flight
1:05-2:05 PM: Haunted Mansion
2:50-3:50 PM: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Turkey day! I tried to keep all of our FP+ relatively in the same area. Realistically, I want us to be out of the park as early as possible because we do have that 5:20 reservation at Cali Grill, so I'm going to keep searching for an earlier 7DMT FP+.

Friday, Nov 23
4:10-5:10 PM: Slinky Dog Dash

YAY!!! WE'RE GETTIN' OUR SLINKY ON!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I tried desperately to find one for this week and the fact that we were able to find one on Friday, which is the only other day that would have truly worked for us, is incredible!! My family is so excited!!

I miss you so much sister :sad::sad::sad:

I MISS YOUUUUUUUU SO SO MUUUUUCCCHHHHH

I can design your house IF you buy a swanky little apartment in NYC and live with me

B-but... California...

IT BETTER BE OUR REUNION

IT IS DECIDED.

And if we are having a reunion, we are not screwing around AND SKIPPING ANOTHER YEAR OF NOT RIDING FLIGHT OF PASSAGE. NOT MY GAY YKW.

But yay for getting Slink FPs! They all look fabulous especially the Mickey Mouse FP (AND OMG NO TALKING MICKEY LIFE IS BLESSED). Also, I see Mansion. I feel seen tbh.

I MISS YOUUUUUUUU SO SO MUUUUUCCCHHHHH

B-but... California...

IT IS DECIDED.

And if we are having a reunion, we are not screwing around AND SKIPPING ANOTHER YEAR OF NOT RIDING FLIGHT OF PASSAGE. NOT MY GAY YKW.

But yay for getting Slink FPs! They all look fabulous especially the Mickey Mouse FP (AND OMG NO TALKING MICKEY LIFE IS BLESSED). Also, I see Mansion. I feel seen tbh.

Okay, true. We'll just move out to California and become crotchety, wine-drinking DLR APholders together. With a perfect apartment. It's been decided. It's done.

We ARE having a reunion and we WILL ride FOP together. Speaking it into existence now.

I thought of you when I booked the Mansion FP+ TBH. It's just your #impacT

Yay glad you got your FPs with no problems!

Thank you so much!! I'm glad too!!

ALL THE YAYS for FP+ day! You got a lot of really good ones--so glad you were able to get Slinky Dog in!!!

THank you so much!!! I'm so glad we were able to get Slinky at some point, we are all so excited to ride it for the first time!!

C-c-changes!
Happy October!

giphy.gif

In the past week, I've been able to change a few FP+ around. The changes are bold/italicized.

Sunday, Nov 18
1:00-2:00 PM: Jungle Cruise
2:50-3:50 PM: Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
4:00-5:00 PM: Pirates of the Caribbean

Monday, Nov 19
1:00-2:00 PM: Spaceship Earth
2:05-3:05 PM: The Seas with Nemo & Friends
3:40-4:40 PM: Test Track

Tuesday, Nov 20
1:10-2:10 PM: Alien Swirling Saucers
2:25-3:25 PM: Star Tours -- The Adventure Continues
6:50-7:50 PM: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Wednesday, Nov 21
2:10-3:10 PM: Expedition Everest -- Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
3:25-4:25 PM: Na'vi River Journey
4:25-5:25 PM: Kilimanjaro Safaris

Thurs, Nov 22
11:50-12:50 PM: Peter Pan's Flight
1:05-2:05 PM: Haunted Mansion
2:50-3:50 PM: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Friday, Nov 23
4:10-5:10 PM: Slinky Dog Dash
7:10-8:10 PM: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
8:20-8:35 PM: Fantasmic!

I decided the Jungle Cruise would work best for our first day at MK. It's closer to our second FP+ of the day, and my family has never done the Jingle Cruise before, which should be in full-swing by the time we arrive!

As far as Friday, Nov 23 goes-- I had been holding out on a Fantasmic! FP+ since I booked SDD. I was THRILLED when one opened up late last night!

At this point, most of our plans are set in concrete. The only thing that would change for us anymore is that ADR at 50sPTC. I have a dining reservation alert from a third-party reservation finding app turned on for the Sci-Fi Dine-In that day, and I've been checking the WDW website every day for it.

Only 5 more Mondays until we leave!

I have a dining reservation alert from a third-party reservation finding app turned on for the Sci-Fi Dine-In that day, and I've been checking the WDW website every day for it.
Fingers crossed it comes through for you!

Only 5 more Mondays until we leave
It’s getting so close!

I love reading about your plans. My PTR is so boring right now... just waiting around until our FP day Nov 2. Thank goodness I have other people’s planning to keep me going!

Fingers crossed it comes through for you!

It’s getting so close!

I love reading about your plans. My PTR is so boring right now... just waiting around until our FP day Nov 2. Thank goodness I have other people’s planning to keep me going!

I hope it'll come through, but if it doesn't, we won't be too disappointed. We're looking at other options at the resorts and in Magic Kingdom, but I think we're going to stay at 50PTC for convenience sake.

We're almost a month away!! I'm so excited!!

I feel so bad, I've fallen behind with your PTR :blush: I'll run over there and check today, I promise! And believe me-- I was depending on other people's planning to occupy my mind for the longest time. It really won't be long until you're stuck wondering where the time went and needing to finish up last-minute laundry list stuff!!

15 Days Left!
Well, hello again! I bet you didn't expect to see me here!

200.gif

You are PROBABLY wondering what the status on this trip is, since we are well past the time our MBs would have arrived, and I'm usually buzzing with exciting reports around this time and whatnot.

First of all, let me assure you that this trip is 100% still on. It's even better than 100% still on, because we bought our dining plan (finally!!!) today, and I got clearance from my Friday morning professor to skip that day, so I can leave for home on the Thursday night before.

I'd like to assume you're probably looking for Magicbands in this post. If my assumptions are to be believed:

DrH3S9OX4AATe2t.jpg

From left to right:

• Kaitlyn, my band is green this year because it matches my band bow!
  • Grace, her band is orange to match HER bow!
  • Suzie, her band is red because she liked the color.
  • Chief, dad's band is yellow this year because he wanted a different color this year.
Apologies for a less-than-artistic shot, I haven't been home in just over a month, so my dad swiped this picture for me.

October was a horrendously busy month. I've never seen anything like it before. I've never been more involved in my sorority, I was at a different event at least twice a week, including a huge conference in Hoboken last Sunday. Midterm season was all papers for me, so I spent the bulk of the month writing papers for my classes. And of course, October is also the busiest season at my school's theatre. I worked almost 20 hours in three days last week thanks to my school's performing arts program production of Les Miserables. In short: yikes. :scared1:

So in conclusion, my involvement in this PTR directly correlated to how often I was thinking about this trip in general. I had zero time to think about this trip, so I had zero time to update on this PTR. Thankfully, these next two weeks are a breeze for me-- so I'm going to take it easy and hopefully, I'll be able to focus on this PTR more! :beach:

On Wednesday, I'm getting my flu shot. Mom, dad, and Grace got their flu shot yesterday. We are not taking any chances this year, especially this close to our trip. I've also been taking my Emergen-C every day, which is a big feat, considering how much I despise Emergen-C :crazy2:

If I don't update you guys any further this week, I'll update you guys this weekend for sure! I'm going home to pack/make preparations before I go home for real in two weeks!!

In other news... despite how busy I've been, I've remained very faithful to tinkerkait. She just got a makeover! I'm excited to see the new World of Disney, so I wrote a post about my opinions on the makeover if you'd like to read it!

-Kaitlyn

Yay magic bands! I can't believe how close your trip is!

Things sound like they've been super crazy for you, this trip will definitely be needed!

Oh my gosh, your trip is coming up so fast!! I relate 100% on that running around like a crazy person schedule. Sounds like your trip is coming up at the perfect time!

Yay magic bands! I can't believe how close your trip is!

Things sound like they've been super crazy for you, this trip will definitely be needed!

I can't believe how close it is, either! :scared1: It feels like I was just lamenting about being 200 days away from the magic!

This trip is definitely well needed. Hopefully, I won't be returning to a mountain of schoolwork when it's over!

Oh my gosh, your trip is coming up so fast!! I relate 100% on that running around like a crazy person schedule. Sounds like your trip is coming up at the perfect time!

October is not a great month for college students. Midterms, social functions, fall semester in full swing... it's definitely a crazy time! :scared: I can't wait for this trip. Yours will be coming up very soon!!

Wardrobe Sneak Peek
First of all... I CANNOT believe I missed the single digit dance yesterday!

party:party:party:
This week has defo been a weird one. I got really busy on Thursday at the last minute, and ended up picking up my last shift at my work before leaving NYC for Disney. My anxiety was also through the roof this week-- typical pre-vacation stuff for me.

This weekend, I came home from NYC to pack for the trip. Packing means finalizing the outfits I need to make this trip complete, and finalizing the outfits I need to make this trip complete means I get to take a final look at all the small shop purchases I made for this trip!

Today we had a lot to do. The first item on our agenda was a visit to the mall... to check my phone into Apple Care! :scared1: The battery started acting spooky this week, and I definitely wanted to make sure it was a battery issue and not a hardware issue, so we had to get that squared away today. We got there as soon as the store opened because I wasn't able to book an appointment for the day. An hour later, we walked out with a brand new phone battery, and it looks like it's working perfectly now! Then we had to go to Stop & Shop and pay a visit to the Coinstar machine. Grace and I have been collecting spare change in this weird orange juice container thing for the past year, and now we each have like $85 to put towards our Disney souvenir fund! Then we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to pick up travel necessities for the trip before I got packing.

Before I put everything in my suitcase, I wanted to share some of my favorite small shop finds for this trip with you guys. Small shop t-shirts and ears are a huge part of my Walt Disney World wardrobe-- I love supporting Disney content creators, and I just adore the majority of creative Disney fan-made apparel that I see! Not everything I'm wearing on this trip is from a small shop, but I definitely wanted to take the time to briefly highlight the amazing pieces I've been purchasing for a little under a year now!

First things first, neither of these are small shop pieces, but I had to share them with you guys: my ShellieMay backpack and ears! I purchased them from two separate Ebay sellers and wrote a little bit about it on tinkerkait.com. I can't wait to wear these, especially when I go to Epcot!

enhance

One of my favorite things that mom, Grace, and I bought for this trip were Charles River pack-and-go jackets from Pretty Little Monograms. Charles River pack-and-go jackets, in general, are amazing. They're vibrant and durable, and you can pack them up into a cute little wristlet when you're not using it! Lindsay at PLMonograms is an amazing creator, and she made a perfect jacket even MORE perfect with her monogram work. I'm almost inclined to say I hope it rains!

enhance

Speaking of rains... I think I mentioned this, but we all bought Crocs in case it rains. I bought widgets to go with it.

enhance

I also bought a few shirts from some of my favorite shops. I purchased two from My Oh My Supply Co. and one from Pixie Lee & Co.

enhance

enhance

enhance

As much as I love rain jackets, Crocs, and t-shirts, everyone knows that at Walt Disney World, ears make the outfit. This year, I'm bringing four pairs of ears down with me, and three of them are from small shops!

enhance

The top left pair is from TheKraftyMouse on Etsy. Even though they're taking a short break, I got those ears for my birthday last year and they were the STAR of our August 2017 trip. They are my favorite pair by and large.

The bottom left pair is from Lebownitte. She has an Etsy store, but I purchased those on one of her Friday IG sales. She is a TRUE hustler, and I'm honored to own a pair of her ears.

The bottom right pair is from whoozitsandwhatzits1 on Etsy. As some of you may know, I love Riverdale, and I've been searching for a pair of South Side Serpent ears to match my Riverdale MoMSco shirt for a while now. I can't wait to wear these on this trip!

I'll be back tomorrow or Monday with another post for you guys!

Last edited:
I can see the pictures in the email about the post on my phone, but not when I log in on the computer! :(

I can't believe how close your trip is! SO EXCITING!

I can see the pictures in the email about the post on my phone, but not when I log in on the computer! :(

I can't believe how close your trip is! SO EXCITING!

Thank you for your input-- I was worried that would be the case, but I switched back to Shutterfly, so hopefully you can see them now!

I can't believe how close it is either!!

Introducing My Travel Journal!
Hi again, everyone! We're leaving this week! Three days from now, I'll be coming home from NYC. Four days from now, we'll be dropping Roxie off, getting our mani-pedis done, and packing the car up! And five days from now... we'll be on the road heading towards Walt Disney World!

Because of the nature of how crazy busy everything has been here, I haven't been able to do a lot of "fun" updates for this PTR. But before this week started, I definitely wanted to write a fun update about the travel journal I'll be using for this trip because I'm so excited for it!

If you've read my PTRs and TRs before, you might know that travel journaling is a big part of my Disney vacations. I love to journal while I'm at Disney! Not only does it help me keep track of everything I want to write about my TR, but it's also like another souvenir when I get home and see it's full of the memories I made!

I started journaling in 2014 on my second day of vacation, when I picked up a journal from Epcot. Last year, I tried my hand at bullet journaling, but I felt like the "bullet" aspect got lost because it just didn't suit my style of writing. This year, I definitely wanted to try a journal made specifically for traveling. I looked at a few before settling on one, including this gorgeous Kate Spade journal!

I eventually settled on the Erin Condren PetitePlanner Travel Journal. I could not be more in love with it!

enhance

Let me be real for a moment: Erin Condren saved my life this semester. My mother got me the Erin Condren Academic Planner for school this year, and I can honestly say that I've never had a planner that kept me organized as well as the academic planner does. Erin Condren also has a great rewards program and relatively cheap stickers, so I was sold on this travel journal the moment I found it!

First of all, this journal is only $12. I bought both sticker sheets alongside it, and they were also cheap-- They're only $5 a sheet. With my discounts and coupons, I ended up paying $18 with shipping for $22 worth of products WITHOUT shipping!

enhance

enhance

One of the sets is a "functional" pack, so you can write important notes in the banners and boxes. The other set is an "illustration" pack, so it's there to make the journal look pretty!

The biggest draw for this journal, for me, was functionality.

enhance

enhance

enhance

There's a special place for everything-- so it's almost impossible for you to forget anything! I can tell that this will make writing my TR for this trip very easy.

That first page has sensitive information on it now, so I won't share the final product, BUT here's my itinerary page!

enhance

When I get home on Thursday, I'll finish setting up the daily spreads. I can't wait to use this on my trip-- I'll be sure to report on how I liked it when I come home in two weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!