It's official...ABD is going to Japan!

We just booked japan ABD in April 2020, and it seems only 7 signed up (of which our family is 5) so far. I know a long way out, but last year the trips booked up almost immediately. Anyone know why / any negative feedback from prior trips?
I was on the inaugural April trip this year and it was fabulous! Nothing but positive comments from our group. My guess would be that since this year is the first for Japan, it sold out quickly. The same thing happened with the Egypt trips for next year - all sold out on the first day or two of bookings.

Question for those of you who have done the Japan trip - or are further along in their research than I am!
- how cold/warm is the airconditioning? It is 100+ here and I am in my office in a sweater and closed toe shoes....I always travel with a light jacket, but wondering what weight and how often I will wera it
- ideas or recommendations for meals on your own? DD does not eat seafood, but likes udon and yakitori
Thanks!

Question for those of you who have done the Japan trip - or are further along in their research than I am!
- how cold/warm is the airconditioning? It is 100+ here and I am in my office in a sweater and closed toe shoes....I always travel with a light jacket, but wondering what weight and how often I will wera it
- ideas or recommendations for meals on your own? DD does not eat seafood, but likes udon and yakitori
Thanks!
It was not that warm while I was in Japan last month, except for the first day in Tokyo. I don't recall any places being overly cold, but again, it wasn't that hot outside. Most of the hotel rooms (except for Takayama) have individual climate controls that worked really well. I wore my summer nightgowns, and was fine.

For meals on your own, the only recommendation I have is for the day you are OYO in Nara at the shopping district. Unfortunately, the photo I have shows the name of the place in Japanese, but they had an AMAZING pork cutlet over curry udon noodles. LOVED it.

I'll post a photo of the place as soon as I get home & can re-size the photo.

P1080094.JPG

Sayhello

Last edited:
I

I'll post a photo of the place as soon as I get home & can re-size the photo.

Sayhello
Just so you know, I read on another thread that photos no longer need to be resized before posting. I have not tried it myself,, but it is one of the upgrades with the new boards. Apparently photos are automatically resized when posting.

Thanks!

I have yet to travel to Japan in the summer, but from what I understand they use A/C sparingly in public places. It is just now warming up a little... hopefully someone there can chime in!

Just so you know, I read on another thread that photos no longer need to be resized before posting. I have not tried it myself,, but it is one of the upgrades with the new boards. Apparently photos are automatically resized when posting.
OMG, you are correct! :teeth::teeth::teeth: It works! That is so fabulous, it's going to save me so much time when I do my Trip Reports!! THANKS! 💓💓💓💓

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts