It's kind of fun to do the impossible - 32 days of fun and friends - updated December 29

i-KpVTpHw-L.jpg

i-mXFVxJn-L.jpg

i-jj7DRcm-L.jpg

the cupcake. We finally went to bed shortly after midnight.

To be continued .....
So, I think that’s a white chocolate monorail, but what does the dark chocolate “blob” on your cupcake represent?

I'm following along...sounds like so much fun!

It was a huge lot of fun. How can it not be when you are at WDW with a bunch of great friends. ::yes::

So, I think that’s a white chocolate monorail, but what does the dark chocolate “blob” on your cupcake represent?

I guess, your guess is as good as mine. :rotfl2: When I "unpacked" it from its plastic container I thought that it was strange they sold a "bird head" cupcake until Tom pointed out the white chocolate monorail (which I had mistaken as a bird's beak) :lmao::lmao:

It was a huge lot of fun. How can it not be when you are at WDW with a bunch of great friends. ::yes::

I guess, your guess is as good as mine. :rotfl2: When I "unpacked" it from its plastic container I thought that it was strange they sold a "bird head" cupcake until Tom pointed out the white chocolate monorail (which I had mistaken as a bird's beak) :lmao::lmao:
Well, it looks delicious nonetheless! And...I’m enjoying your trip report!

OK, finally made it back. What an aggravating travel day with all the delays and stuff. Seeing Tom's pizza creation makes me even more sad that we didn't get to do our GV potluck. Maybe we can fit in a few days of that during your Fall 2020 trip!

I'm glad you guys finally made it to you room. Hopefully everything goes smooth from here on out!

Late to the party, but I very much enjoy your reports and can't wait to read more :)

I'm here and excited to hear about this amazing journey! :dogdance:

Holy cow, what a CRAZY start to the trip!!! :crazy2: I don't think I will complain about our travel days ever again :rolleyes::rolleyes1

Sorry you had to go through that, not fun!! So many changes to make after that cancellation! :sad2:

Hopefully everything is smooth sailing from here. :boat: :thumbsup2

I have lived in Orlando, FL my entire life and just recently stayed at the Contemporary. I did the exact same thing that you did and completely missed the ramp to go to the resorts. I had to turn back around and try again! There has been so much construction that things really do look different.

Can't wait to read all about this trip, sounds like you have quite a few fun things planned!

What an aggravating travel day with all the delays and stuff.

We were pretty much done when we finally arrived. After a day's delay I could have done without all the additional delays, but at least we had made it there. :cheer2:

Seeing Tom's pizza creation makes me even more sad that we didn't get to do our GV potluck. Maybe we can fit in a few days of that during your Fall 2020 trip!

He's a pretty good cook! We really need to plan the potluck for another time. It would be so much fun.

I'm glad you guys finally made it to you room. Hopefully everything goes smooth from here on out!

We were so happy to finally have our feet on the ground again and a nice resort to call our home for a few days. And there was a lot of fun to come!

Late to the party, but I very much enjoy your reports and can't wait to read more :)

Not late at all. We "have just arrived", so you haven't missed anything. Right on time for the fun to start. :cool1:

I'm here and excited to hear about this amazing journey! :dogdance:

Yeah, great to have you here! We had such a fun vacation, once we had finally made it there. ::yes::

Holy cow, what a CRAZY start to the trip!!! :crazy2:

We have had our fair share of crazy travel days, but NOTHING like this. :scared1:

Sorry you had to go through that, not fun!! So many changes to make after that cancellation! :sad2:

Well, the thing was that most of the reservations that needed to be "shifted" somewhere else were ones that had been pre-paid and that I now had to find another reservation date, I needed to deal with money being returned back to my credit card and having to pay for it all over again. Being from Europe it takes up to two weeks for the money to be returned and you pay a fee for every transaction. No problem if I WANT to do that, but being forced by LH was just killing me. :mad:

I have lived in Orlando, FL my entire life and just recently stayed at the Contemporary. I did the exact same thing that you did and completely missed the ramp to go to the resorts. I had to turn back around and try again! There has been so much construction that things really do look different.

It's good to hear from someone else that the construction around the MK threw other people off as well. We felt a bit stupid ending up in the parking lot first thing, only when we went around and saw that the sign was easy to miss we felt a bit better. ;):laughing:

Can't wait to read all about this trip, sounds like you have quite a few fun things planned!

We had a lot of things planned for this trip, especially since we knew we would only return in two years time and the last time we had been there had been a lot of special events as well, but since I had fallen ill they had not been as enjoyable as they could have been. But this time everything worked out fine!

i-32wSRKQ-L.jpg

Day 3, August 10

Let the fun begin! - Part 1

Our bodies were still running on European time, so sleeping in was not an option.
By 7am we were up and ready to get out again.
Since we did not have any groceries in the room we just headed over to the Contempo Café for breakfast. Didn’t take us long to decide on something, so we ordered, picked up our cups for our beverage and went to find a table. While we waited for our order to be filled we discussed on how to spend the day, but soon enough the

i-wdLGTCc-L.jpg

i-DvHRqhH-L.jpg

Grilled Breakfast Sandwiches, Egg, Ham and Three-Cheese Blend on Toasted Challah were served and we enjoyed our breakfast. Didn’t take us long to discover that one order would have been more than enough, as the sandwiches were huge and we both didn’t manage to eat more than half of it.
So after we were done we put the remainders on one plate, picked up a lid and walked back to our room, where we put it in the fridge.

There were Morning Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom, so we decided to just head on over.
It was a nice walk and we arrived around the time the general public was allowed to enter. We strolled down Main Street, but once we got to the ropes we were stuck. Took us a minute to figure out where to go to get past the ropes, but soon we were on our way further into the park.
There was a photopass photographer on the bridge to Liberty Square, so we stopped and had some photos taken.

i-5ChCHNz-XL.jpg

i-qw2Q6nQ-L.jpg

We then walked along the path that leads up to the castle, stopped to watch some character interaction and then walked towards Fantasyland. We had some FastPasses for lateron in the day, so we just went to do whatever was available. We passed by Peter Pan as it already had a half hour wait and just crossed over to It’s A Small World and walked right on.

i-jxngvSw-L.jpg

The cast members were joking around and it was the perfect start to our vacation.

i-NwCkWG4-L.jpg

i-qVqmwbd-L.jpg

i-wdh7XSL-XL.jpg

i-Ps4R597-L.jpg

i-mWKsRK9-L.jpg

When we got off, all guests were already allowed into all areas, so we just strolled along, walked past the Haunted Mansion and towards Big Thunder, but crowds were streaming over there, so we cut through to get towards Pirates of the Caribbean and found that there was no line at all at the Flying Carpets. So why not hop in line there and enjoy a spin. And that was what we did. We were the second group to enter and soon sat in our carpet, ready to soar.

i-SnCvJKK-XL.jpg

i-GNNm9bm-L.jpg

i-StrQwdp-L.jpg

i-bkP4gdh-L.jpg

i-Dz6HkMp-L.jpg

What a fun little ride.
When we got off, our FastPass for Pirates was open

i-579NMNQ-XL.jpg

and we entered through the FastPass line, but it would not have been necessary as there was not a long line anyway. Soon we sat in another boat and went off to sail through the pirate inhabited village.

i-3WGKBKn-L.jpg

Nice to sit in the air conditioning for a while, before we left and got right on the third boat ride of the morning, the Jungle Cruise.

i-55VwjKX-XL.jpg

We made it on the second boat out and had a super fun skipper, who really got into it and had a few new jokes that we had not heard before. He left us all in stitches.

i-WnTdqsb-L.jpg

But even this fun trip had to come to an end and we soon found ourselves getting off the boat.

i-8Lgt2jT-L.jpg

Once on the walkway we noticed another photopass photographer with a fun prop in hand. A huge turkeyleg. Needless to say we needed another photo taken.

i-L3xT7Nw-L.jpg

i-dR2KKT7-L.jpg

We now headed towards Main Street, to check out the shops and any new merchandise we might want to pick up during the trip. We spent quite some time in the shops just browsing, then headed over to the jewelers, as I had my heart set on the passholder Pandora bead. No luck, but we had a good look at what they had to offer, again, without buying anything.
It was hot and we were thirsty, so we stopped at Starbucks to get some drinks.
That is always a treat for us, as the closest Starbucks to where we live is 200 km away.
Tom got a

i-PxBGjzB-L.jpg

Mocha Frappuccino, while I had a Shaken Pineapple Black Tea Infusion.
Tom was very happy with his, but mine tasted quite a bit artificial and I knew it was a once and done experience.
But at least both drinks were cold and we were ready for more fun.
So off we went to one of our all time favourite rides, the People Mover. And a few minutes later we sat in our little car going on a ride around Futureworld. We both love this enjoyable little ride, but once we got off we had another place to get to, Belle’s castle.

i-WxZmXc3-L.jpg

I had been super lucky and was able to push the reservation we had made weeks in advance one day forward.

To be continued .....

Grilled Breakfast Sandwiches, Egg, Ham and Three-Cheese Blend on Toasted Challah were served and we enjoyed our breakfast. Didn’t take us long to discover that one order would have been more than enough, as the sandwiches were huge and we both didn’t manage to eat more than half of it.
This looks so good but it is massive!!

The cast members were joking around and it was the perfect start to our vacation.
Love IASW!

We were the second group to enter and soon sat in our carpet, ready to soar.
I have never tried the Magic Carpets but must put it on my list for December.

We made it on the second boat out and had a super fun skipper, who really got into it and had a few new jokes that we had not heard before. He left us all in stitches.
The Jungle Cruise is always great, I can't wait to try it as the Jingle Cruise.

So off we went to one of our all time favourite rides, the People Mover.
My favourite too!

This looks so good but it is massive!!

Those sandwiches were HUGE! The fully covered the plate. I had forgotten HOW big WDW servings are or we had just gotten one to share. But it made for a nice snack in the afternoon. :thumbsup2

I have never tried the Magic Carpets but must put it on my list for December.

We hadn't either until our friends Pamela and JJ took us last year. It's not a ride I would wait an hour for, but it was nice riding it without any kind of a line. :goodvibes

The Jungle Cruise is always great, I can't wait to try it as the Jingle Cruise.

It definitely is. We also love riding it during EMHs when the skippers differ a bit from their usual spiel. Some of them have some really funny "extra" jokes. Would love to do a Jingle Cruise some day - my retirement cannot come soon enough. ::yes::

You guys got a lot done for your first morning!

I can't imagine living 200 km from Starbucks! :)

Jill in CO

I didn't realize I was late to the party, so I already had some catching up to do! You're off to a great start!

What a loooonnnnngggg travel day! The only time I've ever traveled out of the country has been on a cruise ship, but this seems like a lot of work! I want to bring my DD to either Italy or France in a few years and this all kind of makes me very nervous since it's probably about the same heading in that direction too.

I love that you got both a theme park view and a water view in your BLT studio. We had the same view in our 1-bedroom in April and it was just amazing!

Perfect way to spend your first day :love:

Love your photo pass pics they are such fun
Glad you were able to move your BOG adr

You did quite a few rides! As Jill said, I can't imagine living that far from Starbuck's they are pretty much on every corner here and I have them just about every half a mile from our house. When I decide to place a mobile order, it's a tough decision as to which one because it all depends on where we are going and which one we are going to drive past, or more like "which ones....".

I was already way behind on here, oh my!

So glad the crazy travel days ended and you were safely here. I would have been stir crazy sitting on the runway.

I’m so glad the CMs were able to move things around and made everything work.

Yum that sandwich looks great!

I agree, the magic carpets are a fun little ride

I am visiting DL soon, I'm looking forward to seeing the new scene.

We are big Jungle Cruise fans- my DH's dream retirement job is a JC skipper :)

Looks like a yummy meal coming up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter