It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

Hi Kathy! I DID hear that about IASW! Forget where I heard it....I want to do that and see if our names come up too :) It's at the very last bit, right?
Hope everything is going well for you on this last day (BOOOOOO!!!!)
Thanks for a great TR and I really hope you get to re-visit "The World" sooner than you hope.
PS: The caramel chocolate mickey apple sounds AMAZING (along with Ample Hills!)

That's kind of creepy about the Big Brother thing showing your names on the screen. I know they Magic Bands are for them to keep track of us, not for our convenience, but they're just starting to show all the weird and creepy stuff that they can do with them now.

I hope you made it home safely and all!

I just love Ample Hills! Isn't the ice cream delicious there?

OMG yes, so delicious. Mind you, I don't think I have met an ice cream I didn't like lol but theirs was definitely worth the trek!

I hope one day they will give the Canadian pavilion a little love...it is pretty sad in there when you think of all the things they could do.

I agree, there is so much more to see of Canada. Though I do love the joke that Martin Short makes at the beginning of the movie about how everyone thinks we all live in Igloos and it snows all the time. I hope that the Americans watching will take that in lol. But unfortunately...I'm not sure how many people go to see this show?? Do people go just to get out of the heat? When we went, Epcot seemed very busy but it was crickets in there sadly...and I had a feeling that many of the people in there with us were also Canadian, because like us, they were pointing out familiar sights in the film....but I hope I'm wrong about that! I bet people from all the other countries look at the stuff they have representing their countries and feel the same way though lol so I bet we aren't alone!

I have been going back and forth on making an ADR there for my 4 parks day but I am still not sure where I will be and when.

Well...now that I'm back...I'd say make as many ADR's as your schedule and budget will allow...because as much as I didn't like the idea in theory of having everything planned...man did I appreciate when we could walk into a place and get an air conditioned table quickly.

Sometimes I feel a little weird as an adult on my own with character meets but I guess it's ok.

I wouldn't...they see so much of this at Disney.

Did you ever end up watching HEA?

We didn't actually stand in front of the castle and watch the whole thing, so not really, other than when we watched the whole thing from the top of the CR at California Grill, which was awesome, but we didn't have a close view of the projections. But we saw bits and pieces of the show several times as we were rushing around trying to squeeze in as many rides as we could lol. I really liked it, but then I have to admit that I wasn't all that attached to Wishes so I don't really feel nostalgic for it? When I was growing up, and most of my Disney experiences...sadly...unlike a lot of people...those night time shows...were when my mom tried to rush us out of the parks to beat the crowds out of there...so I kind of inherited that philosophy...or like I said, the "let's do rides with less wait" instead lol

I'll be posting a lot to IG next week and may even be inspired to do a semi-live TR myself. :)

Ooooh I hope you do!! I will follow along if you do! I have to get caught up on other peoples TR's now that I'm home.

I DID hear that about IASW! Forget where I heard it....I want to do that and see if our names come up too :) It's at the very last bit, right?

Yup, at the very last bit. I wish I'd had my camera ready.

I know they Magic Bands are for them to keep track of us, not for our convenience, but they're just starting to show all the weird and creepy stuff that they can do with them now.

Yeah it was rather creepy and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

Hello from the land of post Disney depression. We are home now and I am on load two of vacation laundry...have picked up some groceries and fed DD....and yeah...sad. So I thought I'd come here and share some last minute thoughts about the trip.

Overall...it was AMAZING. Spending 11 nights at the CR was absolutely magical and it was a wonderful length of time for a trip. It was long enough to ride all our fave rides multiple times, and have multiple visits to each park and time to make enough FP+ so that we never had to spend ridiculous amounts of time baking in the hot sun in long lineups. I mean, we totally could have, but I think we strategized pretty well and between using the Rope Drop strategy, and picking our fave FP+ well, and a few EMH times and later evening riding, we got in plenty of rides, attractions and character meets.

In regards to going to Florida in August, which I was worried about hence the title of the TR...well...I won't deny...it was HOT. The first day or two, was so hot that even with my reduced expectations plans in mind, we were exhausted and had to re-evaluate the rest of our plans a little. Not much, because we had always planned on taking lots of breaks, but we just adjusted the times we went back out to the parks a bit. It actually all worked out well for us because there does tend to be a lot of afternoon thunderstorms. So most of these happened when we were back in our room for our break. There were a couple of times we got wet, but usually just at the tail end. It rarely rained for very long. I was glad to have our ponchos just in case though.

In addition to this being our first longer trip, it was also our first time having park hoppers, and also first time staying at a monorail resort in over 20 years. I have to say...now that we have been spoiled by both of these things...it's going to be really hard to go back to not having them. I hope we don't have to, but if it isn't always in the budget...it just won't be the same now that we have had a taste of the good life lol. I loved the ability to take advantage of EMH in the morning and then hop to another park later when crowds got bad. Or, because we were so close to MK, we could just walk on over from the CR for a few hours in the evening, and still get to bed at a decent time walking back.

re: ADR's...I was so happy about the ones I made, and looking back now, I may have made more lol and then perhaps cancelled them if we changed our minds. But even for lunch, I often found us just running into the first food place we saw to get out of the heat, but then just eating something we didn't really want just because we didn't want to walk around more to seek out something better.

I loved doing the Behind the Seeds tour, and I hope that on future trips I have the time and the budget to also do more of these types of cool things.

I had some great DisMeets with @ariane37 @chunkymonkey @Elandon @Monykalyn and though I never got to meet @MeghanEmily I was at least nearby for her amazing looking wedding!! Everyone we met was super nice, and we were lucky enough to get to know Ariane, Su-Lynn and Monica a little better and even ride some rides together which was good fun!! I don't know about you guys, but I love meeting people with whom I have something in common - a love of Disney and travel :)

Lastly...I hope to eventually start venturing onto more rides lol. Maybe we will start with the Barnstormer lol. But that said, the fact that we don't go on any adventurous rides is actually in a way good for us, because we got to go on the rides we do like many times each, and could use our FP+ well without having to make too many tough choices, especially at the parks where they have the tier system for the FP+ choices.

So thanks to everyone who followed along!! I will do my best now that I'm back to catch up on everyone else's TR's and PTR's...since I will be in denial that this trip is actually over and I have to get back to reality!!

.I'm not sure how many people go to see this show?? Do people go just to get out of the heat? When we went, Epcot seemed very busy but it was crickets in there sadly..

We LOVE the circle vision show in Canada!! We try to see it at least once every trip. My great grandmother was from Canada, so I think of her every time we see it :lovestruc

So sad your trip is over but glad that you are home safely. PDD is the worst.....you know there's only one cure, right? You have to book another trip! It really sounds like you two had the perfect trip. 11 days with hoppers and staying on the monorail is the best! I've always had hoppers, they are totally worth the extra money to me. I don't mind staying off the monorail but hoppers are a must do. I will be sure to let you know about the next Canadian Disney Addicts meet, it's always a good way to get a Disney fix. :) Hope you are getting settled in at home. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

've always had hoppers, they are totally worth the extra money to me. I don't mind staying off the monorail but hoppers are a must do. I will be sure to let you know about the next Canadian Disney Addicts meet, it's always a good way to get a Disney fix. :) Hope you are getting settled in at home. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Yeah I don't think I'd go back to no hoppers, unless the trip was super short. Thanks for letting me know about the group! I hope I can go to the get together!

Wow, what a great semi-live report, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed reading. My DD and I leave on Saturday for 9 nights at the Poly, we are very excited. We tour the same way, we start early, break in the afternoon and head out in the evening.

My DD is 17 and she still loves Disney trips with her mom so I am sure your DD will continue to want to head to Disney with mom.

One nice thing with my DD is she knows Disney so well and at 17, if she doesn't want to do something I do we are able to do things differently. She also loves to stay later than me so I do let her now at MK or Epcot.

She loves all the thrill rides so she goes on those alone now. When she was 11 she didn't like anything scary but that changed, she is a thrill ride junkie now! I will do Splash, Dinosaur, 7dmt, and ToT so a little thrill for me lol!

We are hoping to have a couple Dis meets as well with @suse66 and @AliceNDinah so I am excited for this!

Thanks for the great report, I binge read it today after getting home early from work!

OH---I'm here too :) That would be awesome to meet up with you, hopefully it'll be possible. Oooooh, I can't believe it's THIS WEEK!! I say, Bring it on!!!!!
Like Caroline, I LOVED this TR, it was great and very detailed, and I'm so glad you had a good time Kathy and DD!!!!!! Such fun :)

My DD and I leave on Saturday for 9 nights at the Poly, we are very excited. We tour the same way, we start early, break in the afternoon and head out in the evening.

Wow that's great! I'm so excited for you and the Poly...that is fabulous. I was thinking the Poly would be a fab place to stay, not only because of the theming and the great restaurants on the monorail..but also, the location ON the monorail...being able to walk to the TTC for Epcot AND take the MR to MK...is just fabulous!!

My DD is 17 and she still loves Disney trips with her mom so I am sure your DD will continue to want to head to Disney with mom.

I'm so happy to hear this. Hoping my DD will be the same way. If so then I hope to take her to food and wine lol so we can hang together and then when she doesn't want to I can eat my way around WS lol

We are hoping to have a couple Dis meets as well with @suse66 and @AliceNDinah so I am excited for this!

So fun!!! I loved doing this!

Like Caroline, I LOVED this TR, it was great and very detailed, and I'm so glad you had a good time Kathy and DD!!!!!! Such fun :)

Thanks for following and I hope you guys get to meet up!

So glad you had a great trip! I got to see the photo of you and your DD with Su-Lynn!

Isn't staying at the CR amazing!? I really love it there, and you're right, the convenience of just walking home from MK is fantastic.

Glad you got to do everything you wanted and despite the heat it sounds like it was fantastic! I'm so jealous that you got to stay for 11 days.

So glad you had a great trip! I got to see the photo of you and your DD with Su-Lynn!

Isn't staying at the CR amazing!? I really love it there, and you're right, the convenience of just walking home from MK is fantastic.

Glad you got to do everything you wanted and despite the heat it sounds like it was fantastic! I'm so jealous that you got to stay for 11 days.

It was indeed a great trip and I can't believe it's over! It was so nice meeting Su-Lynn and some other members of her family!

The CR is indeed fantastic. I would definitely stay there again if given the chance!

11 days was indeed fantastic..but it never seems long enough no matter how long!

It was so fun to meet you!! Looks like real life is back and settling in nicely too.

I love longer trips as it really does allow time to relax. Hoping for 2 weeks next summer. October trip is going to be a quick trip-focusing on Food and Wine and Halloween party.

I also remember 20000 leagues under the sea being near there too??
YES!!! I remember this SO well as a kid! But I hadn't thought about it in years... thanks for the trip down memory lane :cloud9:

I got the kids meal with Uncrustables lol.
Omg I didn't get any this trip, but I did in January - sometimes they just hit the spot! ::yes:: You just never outgrow the desire for PBJ, right?!

I actually liked that random combo that I got the first time - banana cupcake with cap'n crunch ice cream - even better!
:laughing: Hey, if it works, right?!

Yeehaw Bob was coming around to introduce himself to each table! Such a nice touch and we even got a selfie with him!!
That's so awesome he does this!

We also did the Behind the Seeds tour!!
YAY!!! So happy you did this. It's something I really, really want to do some day. I'm obsessed with LWTL so this seems like it'd be right up my alley.

at Disney on your last night....you can eat whatever you want for dinner, right?
Right! :thumbsup2

I was really sad to leave the park...because I have no desire to head back to reality just get
Ugh, I hear that...

At least I can live vicariously through all the rest of your TR's right????
That's my plan!

it's been a fab trip...and hope I get to do it again before too long!!
I hope so, too!

Hello from the land of post Disney depression.
Oh, Kathy... I'm taking up residence in that land, too :sad1: Part of my brain hasn't caught up to the fact that it's actually over and I have no more plans to tweak or dining options to obsess over. That's the worst part, I think - the lack of being able to obsess over the spreadsheet and have it all to look forward to still :headache:

I don't know about you guys, but I love meeting people with whom I have something in common - a love of Disney and travel :)
Yep!!! :grouphug:

since I will be in denial that this trip is actually over and I have to get back to reality!!
Yep... see the above responses... I'm with ya! :sad2:

You just never outgrow the desire for PBJ, right?!

So true. Sometimes at home when there is nothing else to eat I have pb&j on a hotdog bun lol and after I'm always like "that was really good, I should do it more" lol

That's so awesome he does this!

Yeehaw Bob seems like such a nice guy and I can't believe how long he has been doing that show. It was really fun for all ages no joke. Everyone was having a blast. I would have liked to have stayed longer.

I'm obsessed with LWTL so this seems like it'd be right up my alley.

You would love this. It was a lot of fun and educational too! And also I love that people going by on the boats see you and are all "what are they doing back there" lol

Oh, Kathy... I'm taking up residence in that land, too :sad1: Part of my brain hasn't caught up to the fact that it's actually over and I have no more plans to tweak or dining options to obsess over. That's the worst part, I think - the lack of being able to obsess over the spreadsheet and have it all to look forward to still :headache:

So sad. I can't believe I've been home for more than a week now. Ugh.

I had some great DisMeets with @ariane37 @chunkymonkey @Elandon @Monykalyn and though I never got to meet @MeghanEmily I was at least nearby for her amazing looking wedding!! Everyone we met was super nice, and we were lucky enough to get to know Ariane, Su-Lynn and Monica a little better and even ride some rides together which was good fun!! I don't know about you guys, but I love meeting people with whom I have something in common - a love of Disney and travel :)

Aww are you going to write a trip report to combat the Post- Disney depression? It does help, trust me. :)
It was soooooo great meeting you and Alexis - she is a great girl, I have fun talking to her and hearing her excitement about everything Disney. And so great talking to you in person! I feel like I know you all already from the DISboards! :hug:
Hope all is well in Canada! Let me know when we'll be crossing paths again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter