It's been 10 years since I had a proper Disney trip...25th anniversary trip

Day two: Magic Kingdom

We have a PPO ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:10. I plan to be at the park and through security by 7:45 which is when I believe they let PPO ADRs in. That should give us time to get to CP at a leisurely pace. I'm not sure how long it will take at breakfast because of the characters and sometimes it being slow, so I didn't make my first FP until 10:00. However since it's just hubby and I, its okay if we don't see the characters. Although I do love Eeyore so I want to see him.

Fast passes are:
Jungle Cruise 10-11
BTMRR 11-12
Splash 12-1

I'm hoping to knock out Adventureland and Frontierland on this day so if we finish breakfast early we will hit up Pirates of the Caribbean, and Aladdin's Magic Carpet on the way to our first FP. As soon as I check in for our FP I will try to move the next one up. The earlier I can get them done, the better. We need to leave the park around 2:00 to head to Beach Club for our 3:00 ADR at Beaches and Cream.

After our early supper, we will probably check out Beach Club and Yacht Club and maybe the Boardwalk. If not, we will head where ever I can get a FP for.

I'd also like to knock out Tiki Room (which we have never done) and Country Bear Jamboree and The Hall of Presidents before our B&C ADR. If not we won't be upset if we miss those.

After supper plans are basically in the air. If I can snag a decent FP we will return to MK and stay until Happily Ever After and just ride whatever we can.

Reactions: DLo
Day 3: EPCOT
Park hours are 9:00am-9:00pm

Our (and by our, I mean my) plan is to rope drop Soarin' and then head to Test Track. If the wait is too long we will jump in the single rider line.

Our first FP is at 10:25-11:25 for Frozen Ever After.
After Frozen we head back to Spaceship Earth for an 11:25-12:25 FP
From there we head to Journey into the Imagination for our 12:25-1:25 FP
This was basically a throw away FP as I know we really shouldn't need a FP for this but this was just so we can get our FPs used. We aren't huge EPCOT people but we hope to hit up Living With the Land and Nemo.

I'd also like to meet Joy and Sadness as well as Baymax. We love Baymax in this house and I feel like Sadness and I are kindred spirits LOL. The only other thing I "have" to do is pick a pearl in Japan. I want to see if I can get a mate to mine I got in 2008 to turn into earrings for our daughter who is getting married November 1st.

We have ADR for Hoop Dee Doo at 6:15 so I'm not sure we would get back to see Illuminations so we may have to try to see it on a different night. if not I guess we just won't see it before it goes away for good.

Since all the parks are listed as closing at 9:00pm this night then we may just call it a night early or just go hang out at Wilderness Lodge and enjoy the atmosphere and watch the Electrical Water Parade.

Day 4: Animal Kingdom

We plan to leave the resort to be in line early for rope drop.
We will follow the masses to Pandora but instead of going to FOP, we will stay to the left and head for Na'vi River Journey.
Once we are done, we will head for our first FP for the Safari. It's not until 10:05 but if we can get on early we will ride it stand by first.
After our Safari FP we will head to Asia and ride EE with our next FP (11:05-12:05). If we have time we will walk the trails on our way to EE. Once we finish with EE we will seek out an early lunch somewhere. Probably in Pandora since thats our next FP is FOP (1:35-2:35)
After FOP we will see what shows might be starting soon before heading back to Wilderness Lodge to freshen up for our Storybook Dining ADR at 5:35.

After Supper we will probably head back to AK since it's open untl 10:00 but it will depend on how hubby is holding up. He may just wanna hang out at the resort instead. If so, I'll probably do our laundry from the first few days.

So exciting!! Its coming up fast! Are you bring your previous pearl with you? If you don't pick one that matches you could always check their pearl "orphanage"!

So exciting!! Its coming up fast! Are you bring your previous pearl with you? If you don't pick one that matches you could always check their pearl "orphanage"!

Girl, believe me, I am counting down the days! I am so ready for this trip, if nothing else so hubby won't be on the phone handling work stuff all the time. Between his day job (teaching at the local community college) and our two home based businesses, one of which is his ornamental iron business, he is constantly on the phone or actually building handrails.

I hadn't thought about bringing my other pearl but that's a great idea!

Made my mouse keeping pockets today. I just need to find my white gel pen so I can add a note to them on the ears.

(I don't know why that picture keeps loading sideways)

I also got my custom bag I ordered. It's PERFECT!!!!

I just found your pre-trip report and I'm so glad I did! Sounds like you have an epic anniversary trip planned.
We have a lot in common. I grew up in Illinois and after getting married moved south. We live near Nashville and love it. Mr. Hubs and I were high school sweethearts and will be celebrating 39 years together at WDW this August. :love: It will be our first trip back since 2011.
However, in our home we say "Go Big Orange" or "Go Vols" not "Roll Tide". 😉

Also, where did you get the adorable Minnie Ears?
Have a great time on your trip and I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

Last edited:
Well, long story short, I cancelled Le Cellier and booked 'Ohana, then realized hubby meant Spirit of Aloha. Then he changed his mind after I read review and we now have Hoop dee Doo Revue booked instead of Le Cellier and 'Ohana. :rolleyes1
Hoop Dee Doo is so fun!!!! We enjoyed it so much last week and Bill even got picked to be part of the show!
I'd also like to knock out Tiki Room (which we have never done) and Country Bear Jamboree and The Hall of Presidents before our B&C ADR. If not we won't be upset if we miss those.
Tiki room and Country Bears are two of our favourites! :)
I'd also like to meet Joy and Sadness as well as Baymax. We love Baymax in this house and I feel like Sadness and I are kindred spirits LOL. The only other thing I "have" to do is pick a pearl in Japan. I want to see if I can get a mate to mine I got in 2008 to turn into earrings for our daughter who is getting married November 1st.
We met Baymax and it was fun, if a little awkward.
We have ADR for Hoop Dee Doo at 6:15 so I'm not sure we would get back to see Illuminations so we may have to try to see it on a different night. if not I guess we just won't see it before it goes away for good.
It would be really tight to get back to Epcot from the 6:15 show.
Made my mouse keeping pockets today. I just need to find my white gel pen so I can add a note to them on the ears.
So cute!
I also got my custom bag I ordered. It's PERFECT!!!!
Did you get that from D here on the boards? It's awesome!

I just found your pre-trip report and I'm so glad I did! Sounds like you have an epic anniversary trip planned.
We have a lot in common. I grew up in Illinois and after getting married moved south. We live near Nashville and love it. Mr. Hubs and I were high school sweethearts and will be celebrating 39 years together at WDW this August. :love: It will be our first trip back since 2011.
However, in our home we say "Go Big Orange" or "Go Vols" not "Roll Tide". 😉

Also, where did you get the adorable Minnie Ears?
Have a great time on your trip and I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

What part of Illinois are you from? I used to watch a little boy and I teased his family that I was gonna teach him an elephant says "Roll Tide"...they are Vol fans :rotfl2:His grand daddy said he would retire and keep him himself before I could do that.

Both of the minnie ears came from Etsy. I can't remember the shop names but can get them for you if you want to know.

Hoop Dee Doo is so fun!!!! We enjoyed it so much last week and Bill even got picked to be part of the show!
Tiki room and Country Bears are two of our favourites! :)
We met Baymax and it was fun, if a little awkward.
It would be really tight to get back to Epcot from the 6:15 show.
So cute!
Did you get that from D here on the boards? It's awesome!

I think hubby will definitely enjoy HDDMR, he loves those kind of things.
I've never seen either of the Tiki Room nor Country bears. We just seem to pass them up.
I figured it would be tough getting back to watch Illuminations so I told hubby we will have to catch it another night if we can.
And yes! I got it from D. She went above and beyond for me on this bag. Our trip was originally going to be in September but she worked extra hard to get it to me in time. She is fabulous.

What part of Illinois are you from? I used to watch a little boy and I teased his family that I was gonna teach him an elephant says "Roll Tide"...they are Vol fans :rotfl2:His grand daddy said he would retire and keep him himself before I could do that.

Both of the minnie ears came from Etsy. I can't remember the shop names but can get them for you if you want to know.
I grew up in Hudson, a small town in central Illinois. Corn and soy bean fields for miles!

I just purchased ears and a hat on Amazon this morning. Another pair is probably not a necessity but they sure are cute! Thank you for offering to look up the shop but don't go to the trouble. I will look around on Etsy and see what I can find.

I grew up in Hudson, a small town in central Illinois. Corn and soy bean fields for miles!

I just purchased ears and a hat on Amazon this morning. Another pair is probably not a necessity but they sure are cute! Thank you for offering to look up the shop but don't go to the trouble. I will look around on Etsy and see what I can find.

Ah, I was in Dupo, Illinois. Spent a lot of time in East St. Louis and St. Louis though. My mom worked on the mcDonalds riverboat there. I used to love going and playing on the boat while she worked. Lol.

Just read through your PTR. Your plans sound so fun! My DH is similar - he likes (tolerates) Disney but every 4-5 years is fine with him. Hope to squeeze in a trip next year. I'll be watching for your TR!

Those mousekeeping envelopes are adorable!!

Thank you.

Just read through your PTR. Your plans sound so fun! My DH is similar - he likes (tolerates) Disney but every 4-5 years is fine with him. Hope to squeeze in a trip next year. I'll be watching for your TR!

I'm trying to talk hubby into me doing a solo trip but since he would worry about me I think I'll try to convince him to agree to me and my 18 year old son going next year and then we are already planning a girls trip with my sisters, nieces, daughter and daughter in love the following year.

I love that you say "daughter in love" instead of daughter in law! We are blessed with two awesome daughter in loves.:love:
Obviously, I still haven't figured out the way to use the quote feature on my posts. :confused3

I love that you say "daughter in love" instead of daughter in law! We are blessed with two awesome daughter in loves.:love:
Obviously, I still haven't figured out the way to use the quote feature on my posts. :confused3
Aw, I am gaining a son in love in november too. Our DIL we have known since she was 4 years old so she was already like a daughter to us and we have always been very protective of her before our son and her started dating.

EEK! 8 days to go!
Technically vacation starts in one week because we will be going to Nashville next Friday night so we get a couple extra hours of sleep. I would have been okay making the almost 2 hour drive the morning of, but hubby prefers the extra sleep.

So, I've got to finish up my daily plans...

Day 5: Hollywood Studios
HS tends to not be a full day park for us. We may make it into one this year though. Not 100% sure.
We plan to rope drop Toy Story land just like everyone else.
We do have SDD FPs later so we hope to knock out AS2 and TSMM before our first fastpass of the day. I don't think it will be a problem but who knows how it will go that morning.

Our first FP is ToT at 9:50-10:50. Hubby doesn't ride this, although he said he would so I don't have to ride alone, but I would hate for him to ride first thing in the morning and feel yucky all day. So if the FP line isn't too bad at that time I will ride alone while he waits. If the timing is right, after we finish at ToT we will stop by Lightening McQueen and then head to the other side of the park for our Star Tours FP which is 10:50-11:50.

Once again if timing is right and we get Star Tours done at the beginning we will watch Indiana Jones, because hubby loves it. Our next scheduled thing is lunch at Sci-Fi. It's at 12:45. I'm hoping since it's just hubby and I we won't have to sit at the tables at the back. I've read that groups of two are usually sat there. I hope not. I also hope it doesn't take too long so we will be able to have time for our food to settle before heading to our 2:20-3:20 SDD FP.

After SDD we will just do whatever shows or FPs we can snag. Neither hubby nor I rides RRC. It's a migraine trigger for me and hubby isn't into those types of roller coasters.

Next up will be our second MK day and the day we will most likely stay all day with no breaks.

I forgot to mention in my last post that on that Wednesday MK has EMH from 10:00-midnight so we may hop over there when we leave HS. I guess it depends on if we want to catch Fantasmic! or not.

Day 6: Magic Kingdom

This will be our second day at MK but on this day we won't have to leave the park at all unless we decide to take a break back at the resort.
I imagine we will probably just grab breakfast at Roaring Forks before leaving the resort or this is the day we wil share a cinnamon roll from Gaston's. That's one of the snacks I am looking forward to.

We will rope drop this morning but I'm honestly not sure what we will rope drop yet. It will depend on what hubby would like to ride first. Our first fastpass is from 9:50-10:50 for Peter Pan's Flight, followed by 7DMT from 10:50-11:50. I know we will be criss crossing the park today because of my order of my FPs but after 7DMT we have a FP for Buzz Lightyear from 11:50-12:50. We will need to try to get to that one close to the beginning of it because we have a 1:00 ADR at BOG. We of course will mobile order here so we can hopefully get in and out quicker. I need to have hubby check out the lunch menu to be deciding on what he would want. Our ADR was at 12:45 but I moved it to 1:00 to give us a little extra time to get to it after Buzz.

Once Lunch is over we will hit up whatever rides we can get FPs for. Also if hubby wants to watch the parade we will have to catch it this day.
I'm hoping after watching Happily Ever After that we will have time to jump in line for at least one more ride since the park doesn't close until 10:00. Either way we won't be rushing out of the park. I've already warned hubby we will not be leaving in a tizzy with the masses but staying put and taking our time.

Up next is our last park day plans, which are really up in the air (other than starting out at AK).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!