It's been 10 years since I had a proper Disney trip...25th anniversary trip

Nothing new to update. Basically I'm at a stand still until next Tuesday when I get to finally make FP reservations.
Oh, actually I do have an update. When Disney released the magicband upgrade option I showed them to hubby and surprisingly he wanted his upgraded. He chose Donald and I chose Minnie (all about the bow). I have shipping notification already and they are suppose to be here Friday. I'm so excited to see them. Them coming this early gives me the chance to have hubby try his on. He has larger wrists (has to add links on his watch band).
That's pretty much it for now. I'll report back Tuesday if I snag all the FPs I want.
The only one hubby is requesting is Splash Mountain. He isn't a thrill rider (he will ride some coasters but nothing like TOT) so I don't have to rush to get FPs for those unless I want to ride alone. Of course top priority is FOP and SDD. I can't ride RNR because it is a headache trigger for me (although I do occasionally ride it anyways) and I know I'm in the minority but I don't like Space Mountain. I do ride it, I just don't like it.

Oh and completly off topic but today is my hubby and my 25th anniversary. I only mention it because this trip is actually to celebrate our anniversary (just two months later).

These lovely things showed up yesterday! It’s getting real now. Now I just need to make FastPass selections on Tuesday and finish up a few more shirts for me and I should be good to go. I can then start making a packing list so I won’t forget anything and can slowly start packing things I won’t need around the house before we leave.

T minus 64 days to go!

Nothing new to update. Basically I'm at a stand still until next Tuesday when I get to finally make FP reservations.
Oh, actually I do have an update. When Disney released the magicband upgrade option I showed them to hubby and surprisingly he wanted his upgraded. He chose Donald and I chose Minnie (all about the bow). I have shipping notification already and they are suppose to be here Friday. I'm so excited to see them. Them coming this early gives me the chance to have hubby try his on. He has larger wrists (has to add links on his watch band).
That's pretty much it for now. I'll report back Tuesday if I snag all the FPs I want.
The only one hubby is requesting is Splash Mountain. He isn't a thrill rider (he will ride some coasters but nothing like TOT) so I don't have to rush to get FPs for those unless I want to ride alone. Of course top priority is FOP and SDD. I can't ride RNR because it is a headache trigger for me (although I do occasionally ride it anyways) and I know I'm in the minority but I don't like Space Mountain. I do ride it, I just don't like it.

Oh and completly off topic but today is my hubby and my 25th anniversary. I only mention it because this trip is actually to celebrate our anniversary (just two months later).

:bride:Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary! 💕

And it looks like today is your FP Day! WOO HOO!! :jumping1: And you got your cute MagicBands! I am a big Minnie fan myself! I love your new Minnie ears with the blue bow! So cute! I might just have to buy me a pair too!

So, were you able to snag a FP for FOP and SDD?

Like you I get motion sickness easily. So, I am not up for the big thrill rides. I do go on ThunderMountain but can only do it once or two times in a row do not like Space Mountain. How about Soarin and Test track? Those two were two of my favorite rides. 2014 was the first time I had ever ridden Test Track and only once but I enjoyed it!

I have never ridden the Mission Space ride either. Have you?

Last edited:
:bride:Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary! 💕

And it looks like today is your FP Day! WOO HOO!! :jumping1: And you got your cute MagicBands! I am a big Minnie fan myself! I love your new Minnie ears with the blue bow! So cute! I might just have to buy me a pair too!

So, were you able to snag a FP for FOP and SDD?

Like you I get motion sickness easily. So, I am not up for the big thrill rides. I do go on ThunderMountain but can only do it once or two times in a row do not like Space Mountain. How about Soarin and Test track? Those two were two of my favorite rides. 2014 was the first time I had ever ridden Test Track and only once but I enjoyed it!

I have never ridden the Mission Space ride either. Have you?

Thank you!
This morning we my actual FP day. I did get SDD and two FOPs on two separate days. I did have two SDDs but decided to swap the second one for FOP because I figured hubby and I would rather do it twice.
I have ridden Mission Space, but only the green side. I have to admit we aren't huge fans but I may modify one of our throw away FPs for that instead of journey into the imagination but I'll have to ask hubby which he would rather do. But admittedly, we aren't huge Epcot fans in general.

FastPass+ day is finally here!

So now we have more detailed plans for our days...

I'll be back to post a more detailed itinerary in a few minutes.

So this is a long post but here is the breakdown of our plans.

Saturday:
Our flight leaves Nashville at 7:40 and we lose an hour so we should arrive at MCO around 10:30am
(we live almost 2 hours from this airport so we will leave the house between 3:30-4:00am)
Take ME to WL and drop off carry-ons
Grab a light lunch here or while we are resort hopping
Take a boat to Contemporary and hop on the monorail to resort hop to monorail resorts
End at Contemporary and take the boat back to WL for our 5:55 Supper ADR at Whispering Canyon Café
Check out WL at night before calling it a night

Sunday: Magic Kingdom
There is EMM scheduled but we aren’t attending.
We have 8:10 ADR for breakfast at The Crystal Palace. I adore Eeyore so that’s one of the reasons I always enjoy eating here.
FPs for the day:
10:05-11:05 Peter Pan
11:40-12:40 Big Thunder Mountain
12:45-1:45 Splash Mountain (this ride was hubby’s only request so even though it will make us look like wet dogs, I made it before our late lunch/early supper ADR- I figure it’s gonna be so hot and humid it won’t make us look much worse than we already will look!)
Late lunch/early supper ADR at Beaches and Cream at 3:00. This was the one ADR I was really hoping for and was excited when it opened up. Unfortunately it isn’t the idea time but I took what I could get. That’s why we are also keeping the breakfast at Crystal palace because I figure we will be full enough from that to hold us over to 3:00 and we can just snack if we get hungry before it gets time. I’m also hoping of we do Splash at the beginning of our FP time, we will have time to dry some before our ADR time. We will most likely head on over as soon as we finish with Splash because with transportation, who knows how long it will take. Plus we can check out Beach Club if we are early.
After Beaches and Cream we will decide then what to do. We have another MK day later so where we go will probably depend on where I can score more FPs at.

Monday: Epcot
Now I have to preface this saying hubby and I aren’t big Epcot fans. We don’t drink (personal preference/reasons) so that may be part of the reason we aren’t huge EPCOT people.
I figure we will try to rope drop Soarin’ and then single rider Test Track. Not sure yet. Hubby may wanna skip Soarin’ all together and I’m okay with that.
FPs start with our 10:25-11:25 Frozen ever After
Then we will come back over to Spaceship Earth with a FP from 11:40-12:40
And Journey into the Imagination from 12:55-1:55 (this was a throw away FP since we didn’t care what we used our last one on).
The only other set plans are Pick-a-Pearl in Japan and we have dinner reservations at 5:55 at Le Cellier.
The rest will be just looking around and I’m sure hubby will want to try some of the snacks around the world.

Tuesday: Animal Kingdom
I’m not sure what our rope drop plans will be but we don’t have to be at the park until our 10:05-11:05 Kilimanjaro Safari FP so I figure I’ll let this be our “leisure” morning. Hubby might need a slower paced morning by now so no rushing for us this morning. We then have a 11:20-12:20 FP for Expedition Everest Our last FP is 1:35-2:35 for FOP. The rest of the day will just be a slow paced day doing whatever we can/want until time to go back to WL freshen up for our 5:35 ADR at Artist Point Storybook Dining. I am so looking forward to this. I almost cancelled it because I’m not sure I’ll enjoy the food (I have a palate of a little kid) but I kept it to meet the Evil Queen. I’m so glad I kept it because my sister and her family did it in March and loved it. After dinner we will decide if we want to venture back out or just hang at the resort.

Wednesday: Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios is not a big must do for us, but I want to get there early and rope drop TSMM and Alien Swirling saucers.
Our first FP is 9:50-10:50 for TOT. Now hubby doesn’t ride TOT but I figured if I wanted a chance to ride it I should FPs it since it will be operating at half capacity. I can either use hubby’s MB to ride a second time or he can scan in and throw it way. Either way will be fine.
I made a FP for Muppets 3D vision at 11:30-12:30 because I figure it will be a nice retreat from the heat and because hubby nor I ride Rockin’ Rollercoaster I had to use it on something. We then have a 12:35 ADR at Sci-Fi. Our last FOP is SDD at 2:20-3:20. I am probably going to adjust the ADR at Sci-Fi or cancel it all together if I can’t move SDD because I don’t think we should ride SDD so soon after a big meal.
I definitely wanna stay for Fanstamic! Because I really enjoy it and I haven’t seen it in 10 years!

Thursday: Magic Kingdom Take 2
Our fastpasses start at 10:20-11:20 with Jungle Cruise
We then go to SDMT with fastpasses from 11:20-12:20
From there we have lunch ADR at Be Our Guest at 12:35
From lunch we can head to Buzz Lightyear with our 1:50-2:50 FP
I’m hoping we can do Buzz at the start of our FP window so we can catch the Festival of Fantasy parade at 3:00 since we won’t see it our first MK day. The rest of the day will be catching what FPs we can and doing what we can in the heat and crowds. Ending with Happily Ever After.

Friday: Animal Kingdom take 2
This will be our last park day. I do have 7:30 ADRs at Chef Mickey’s but not sure if I am going to keep it or not. But we would have plenty of time to make our first FP even if we do keep it.
Our first FP of the day will be from 10:50-11:50 on FOP
Followed by a 12:10-1:10 FP for Kali River Rapids
Our last set FP of the trip is on Dinosaur from 1:55-2:55. Now hubby has never ridden Dinosaur and I’m not sure we will keep this one but for now that’s what I have chosen. I may change it for a second Expedition Everest since hubby does ride that one. The rest of the day will be filled with whatever we want to do, but I would like to stay for Rivers of Light: We are One if we don’t get back to see it after dinner with the Evil Queen since we’ve never seen it.

Saturday:
Sadly this is the day we head home. Thankfully our flight doesn’t leave until 4:35 so I figure we have until 1:30ish to hang out and soak in the last of our Disney Magic before we are taken to the airport. We should get back to Nashville around 5:30 our time (central) so we will probably grab supper after leaving the airport before we make the almost 2 hour drive home.

Okay, ignore all that. I did a lot of tweaking after posting.

New FPs and ADR times:

Saturday:
WCC 5:55pm

Sunday:
Crystal Palace 8:10
Peter Pan's Flight 10:05-11:05
Big Thunder Mountain 11:05-12:05
Splash Mountain 12:20-1:20 (nothing available starting at 12:05 like I wanted to tweak it to)
Beaches and Cream 3:00

Monday:
Frozen After Ever 10:25-11:25
Spaceship Earth 11:25-12:25
Journey into the Imagination 12:25-1:25
Le Cellier 5:55

Tuesday:
Kilimanjaro Safari 10:05-11:05
Expedition Everest 11:15-12:15
Artist Point Storybook Dining 5:35

Wednesday:
Tower of Terror 9:50-10:50
Star Tours 10:55-11:55
Sci-Fi 12:45
Slinky Dog Dash 2:20-3:20

Thursday:
Jungle Cruise 9:55-10:55
Seven Dwarf 10:55-11:55
Buzz Lightyear 11:55-12:55
BOG lunch 1:00

Friday:
Chef Mickey's 7:30
11:40-12:40 Kali River Rapids
12:40-1:40 Dinosaur

Reactions: DLo

Okay, ignore all that. I did a lot of tweaking after posting.

New FPs and ADR times:

Saturday:

Sunday:
Peter Pan's Flight 10:05-11:05
Splash Mountain 12:20-1:20 (nothing available starting at 12:05 like I wanted to tweak it to)

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:
Jungle Cruise 9:55-10:55
Seven Dwarf 10:55-11:55
Buzz Lightyear 11:55-12:55

Friday:

So I changed Peter Pans Flight and Jungle Cruise around so we could hopefully knock out Adventureland and Frontierland before leaving for our late lunch/early supper at Beaches and Cream.I figure we can hit Pirates between Jungle Cruise and BTMR and if we time it right we can get there so when we come off our Splash time will be close to opening or already open. Then we can see what FPs we can pick up for a fourth one and that determine where we head next and just continue that until time for us to head to B&C. Unless we are gross feeling and if thats the case we will go back to the room and freshen up a bit. I hate feeling gross.

Saturday:

Sunday:
Jungle Cruise 10:00-11:00
Splash Mountain 12:15-1:20 (nothing available starting at 12:05 like I wanted to tweak it to)

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:
Peter Pan's Flight 9:50-10:50
Seven Dwarf 10:50-11:50
Buzz Lightyear 11:50-12:50

Friday:

If I can't catch Na'vi as a fourth (or later) FP on our first AK day then we will try for it on our second AK day.

Your plans look great. I like how you planned time to just go with the flow. For example, I think it is a good idea to leave your time after Beaches and Cream open for now. You may want to explore the resort and head back to your own resort for some swimming, etc. or if you two feel like it, you can go back inside one of the parks.

Here are our updated fastpass times. Just a little tweaking so they start right as one ends. Of course as I check in for one I will try to move the next one up if I can. The only day I'm not happy with and may change is Wednesday. I love TOT but hubby doesn't. I went ahead and snagged the FPs though since it's running at half capacity while we are there. If hubby doesn't want to ride I may have him tap in and I'll ride alone while he does something else or I will change it and do something together. I can't ride RRC because it's a headache trigger for me and hubby isn't huge on roller coasters. He only rides to appease me. Hubby loves the shows at DHS though. Basically Toy Story and the shows is all we care about. If our kids were going to be with us, me and the oldest two would ride TOT, no doubt, but I don't want to expect hubby to do it because he wouldn't enjoy it. Hubby also isn't into Star Wars. Me on the other hand, love it! In fact it was the first movie I saw in a theater. I imagine DHS will be the park we leave after our SDD fastpass and maybe go back for Fantasmic. Maybe this is when we will get to DS. If we do decide I will cancel Sci-Fi and find us something there to eat instead. i also haven't cancelled Chef Mickeys but will probably do that. Other then those few things, I'm pretty much done changing things. Unless hubby decides he wants to do something else.

Saturday:

Sunday:
Jungle Cruise 10:00-11:00
Big Thunder Mountain 11:00-12:00
Splash Mountain 12:00-1:00

Monday:

Tuesday:
Expedition Everest 11:05-12:05

Wednesday:
Star Tours 10:50-11:50

Thursday:
Peter Pan's Flight 9:50-10:50
Seven Dwarf 10:50-11:50
Buzz Lightyear 11:50-12:50

Friday:

If I can't catch Na'vi as a fourth (or later) FP on our first AK day then we will try for it on our second AK day.

Trip is finally paid off. Balance was due July 1st so I waited as long as I could just in case something happened. But today I sat down and paid off the remaining balance. I also went ahead and purchased MM. I was afraid if I put it off any longer I would forget. I also started picking up a few things for the trip while I was oout running errands today. Which means the suitcase came out. Technically it was never put up since I bought myself a new one for Mother's Day, so it's basically been sitting in the corner in the spare room since I received it. I went ahead and threw my ears I have already in there and the sunscreen I bought today. Which is the yucky rub on kind. I prefer spray but hubby prefers rub on, so I bought rub on to keep in the park bag. Hubby has red hair and has already had pre cancerous spots removed (he is a welder so its something we keep a check on) so I would rather him have the sunscreen he prefers over what I like so I know he will wear it. I also have hand wipes purchased so I can keep them in the park bag (especially if I have rub on sunscreen!).

I guess all that is left is finish a shirt or two. I have one made and ready to go. have one almost ready and then I want to make an anniversary shirt since this is an anniversary trip. I have it designed, just need to get it cut and pressed. I don't know if I'll make any for hubby or not. Still thinking on that. I told him I wouldn't make him match me every day but he seriously wouldn't mind it.

Happy mail today!
IMG_0478.jpg

And I went ahead and did my July calendar and because there was room to start August so the trip is officially on the calendar!
IMG_0480.jpg

Well, long story short, I cancelled Le Cellier and booked 'Ohana, then realized hubby meant Spirit of Aloha. Then he changed his mind after I read review and we now have Hoop dee Doo Revue booked instead of Le Cellier and 'Ohana. :rolleyes1

So I've decided to start putting my more detailed day by day plans down on paper. I figure since I'm doing that, I can also type them here. I'll probably only post one day ever few days as I finalize the details. Of course none of this is written in stone because I figure we will go with the flow and we can't control all the details nor would I want to.

So Day one...Travel day.
Normally we drive to Disney but since it's just hubby and I, we bit the bullet and decided to fly. the only kicker is we live almost 2 hours from the airport that flies southwest (the closer airport is an hour away but doesn't service Southwest) so we have to leave our house around 3:30 am to make it to Nashville for our 7:40 flight. Originally it was suppose to be an 8:00 flight but with the grounding of the Max 8s, it moved ours up 20 minutes earlier and I'm perfectly okay with that.

We are scheduled to land at 10:30. We lose an hour from Central to eastern time zones so that's a bummer but is fine. Once we land I am hoping we will be at The Wilderness Lodge around noon. We will probably need a quick lunch so we will grab it here or while we are resort hopping.

My plans are to resort hop and check out the Poly and The Grand Floridian (my other dream resort). We will either boat to the Contemporary and transfer to the monorail to the Poly or boat to MK and then boat to the Poly or Grand Floridian (whichever the boat stops at first). It doesn't really matter which one I start at as we should have several hours to kill so we aren't worried about wasting travel time. After checking out the two resorts we will get back to The Wilderness Lodge by boat. We have ADRs at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5:55. If we have time before dinner we will check out our room and freshen up a bit. If not, we will go travel frumpy. After dinner we will check out our resort since it's our first time staying here and then get in bed at a reasonable hour since we have a full day at Magic Kingdom the next day.

I am also working on me some shirts. I have a few designed but need to cut and press them. I hope to get to work on them some tomorrow (if not this evening).

Hmmm, I received a second envelope from ME yesterday with more luggage tags. Not sure why but I will use these I guess because these included our flight info. The names and resort were correct on the first set so I’m not sure why I received a second set.
3CDBBCC5-3E99-4F5E-88D7-A61D0F1AA840.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter