It's a tooting, baptizing, spitting Disney adventure! - A Nov. 2017 Completed TR

Wait, you DON'T need to! I mean yeah, if it's crowded and you don't want to wait for another one or find a different car than you do, but technically you can take strollers on the monorails open!

Really?!? Well, that's good to know! We saw others collapsing a little too late so we thought we should have as well.

This is a beautiful picture!

Thanks!

Going to try my best to do a better job at keeping up from now on.......

Well, obviously I'm a little behind on responding to others' comments as well as updating ;). It's so much easier to be a lurker :rolleyes1

Joining in!! :)

:welcome:

Hallelujah for Spring Break! The only “break” I’m getting is from work, though. I’ve saved so many things with the idea of “I’ll do that Spring Break” that there’s no way I’ll get everything done. One of those things is to get at least one update done. I’m sticking to my goal of having this wrapped up before we leave May 5th. I’ve got two park days left and our travel home day. I’ve actually already typed up the travel day because I didn’t take notes on it and I needed to get it done before I forgot it. Thank goodness for taking notes on the other days. I sat down to start this update and couldn’t remember which park we were at o_O.

The other task is getting things ready for the boys’ birthday party that is in a week and a half. I tend to go way over board on these things :crazy:.

In other Disney news, we have booked our FPs for our May trip (got everything we wanted), and my parents are officially joining us for 3 park days :faint:.

We have made ADRs for our September trip – CRT and CM!!! We have purchased MNSSHP tickets for September. We shifted our days in September so that we can hit the HS Moonlight Magic – Toy Story Land without the crowds :earseek::cool1: - and MNSSHP. Which means we also have a 3 night – 3 different resorts - stay :eek:. We are staying at AKV, BLT, & CCV. The original plan was just AKV and BLT. C has put us on the waiting list for something else the night of our AKV stay in hopes to be closer to HS. We are trying to make getting back to our rooms a little easier on our two late party nights.

I expect to have more news as far as upcoming trip plans on my next update.

But on to this update.

Chapter 7: Hollywood Studios – “It’s snowing! & Nice treads!”

The plan was always to sleep in this day seeing as how there isn’t a whole lot we wanted to do at HS. Having been out late the night before, we took advantage of this plan and slept until 7:45 :-). Well, that is late for us.

Seeing as how we had a lot of snack credits that just kept building up, we went down to the food court and used 4 on maple sticky buns and a chocolate milk for D. They were good but not great. We filled our mugs with coffee and stopped by the front desk to get D's phone. Then we headed to catch the bus. They were loading one when we got out there so we collapsed the stroller in record time…to not fit. So we ended up waiting 15 minutes for the next bus. The security guard at HS was very talkative this am. I don’t remember what all we talked about but he was chatty :chat:. Our first FP was for TSM so we headed that direction. We got over there early so we stopped to visit….

STUDIO_PIXARAVECHAR_20171130_406771471444.jpg

She told D, “Nice treads! I bet you get great times.”

Then we headed over to TSM. G tried to shoot but he just couldn’t get it to work.

The next stop on the list was Mickey & Minnie, if the line wasn’t too long, or Chip–n-Dale. G and I got in line for M&M and C and D tried for C&D. Our line just wasn’t moving :snail: so we joined the other two just in time to get these….

STUDIO_COMMLANE_20171130_406773195040.jpg STUDIO_COMMLANE_20171130_406773195036.jpg STUDIO_COMMLANE_20171130_406773195030.jpg

Then, it was time for me to ride….

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_20171130_8135470675.jpg

Love this ride!

Next was lunch…

IMG_5602.jpg

I love that they had popcorn to snack on while you wait. This kept two little impatient boys calm even though the wait wasn’t very long. We each got milkshakes to drink (love this about the DDP). D got crunch chicken and gold fish. C got BBQ Bacon Burger and I got chicken pasta. This is what I had in my notes, I’m not so sure those are the official names. G helped me eat my pasta and my milk shake as well as popcorn:: we took back with us. Because we were on the DDP we also got dessert (even though we really had no room for it). C and D got sundaes and I got the turtle cheesecake. I can’t remember if we finished our desserts or not, but I’m thinking not.

My thoughts on Sci-Fi: This was our first time eating here. The food was good but I really wasn’t too crazy about the set-up due to needing a high chair. The tables really weren’t conducive to this kind of set-up. It also didn’t help that it was dark in there. I had a hard time seeing what I needed to see in order to take care of G’s needs. G ended up beside me on the seat about halfway through and that really wasn’t a good idea either because he had more room to squirm and get into things. I think the big boys up front did just fine though. So I say all of that to say, yes, we will eat here again. However, I would prefer to wait until G doesn’t need a highchair (which won’t be much longer anyway). I also recommend to myself that I not get a milkshake as my drink AND a dessert. That is just way too much food!!!

Thank goodness the next thing on our list was not a ride but…

IMG_5603.jpg IMG_5605.jpg

This was on my to-do list and I’m glad we did it. Although, I don’t think I need to do it again anytime soon. It ranks up there with “Been there, done that. No need to do it again.” D was less than thrilled with it and G was only slightly more attentive.

Afterwards, the plan was for me to do RnR single rider, but it was shutdown. So we headed over to the Disney Jr. area. G passed out on the way over so he missed out on all of these…

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_20171130_406779119922.jpg STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_20171130_406779119939.jpg

Continued in next post….

Last edited:
Chapter 7 continued….

STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR3_20171130_406779205650.jpg STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR1_20171130_406779879753.jpg STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR1_20171130_406780429673.jpg

Then we headed over to see a snowman. The line was posted at 30 minutes, I think. So C and D got in line while I waited with a sleeping G right outside. The plan was to let him sleep as long as possible and C would let me know when they were a couple of families back. Well, another family came by where we were waiting and one of the kids started screaming. He woke G up earlier than we would have liked and he was cranky! We joined the other two in line. Thankfully, it wasn’t a 30 minute wait. I really wish somebody had had a camera on G’s face when we walked around the corner, though. He was screaming and crying and just all out fussy …. until we rounded the corner and he saw Olaf. He froze mid-scream and it was hilarious.

STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20171130_406781852140.jpg STUDIO_CELEBRITYACHAR_20171130_406782016354.jpg

Then we headed to try for Mickey and Minnie again. This was still a bit of a wait but it was also a must. So we waited, but not patiently. Once we rounded those corners and G saw who we were going to see, he lit-up.

STUDIO_REDCARPETACHAR_20171130_406783357247.jpg STUDIO_REDCARPETBCHAR_20171130_406783532350.jpg STUDIO_REDCARPETBCHAR_20171130_406783621244.jpg

Another item on my to-do list was….

IMG_5607.jpg

I missed out on it the first trip due to G and I being sick and needing to leave the park right after lunch. D really DIDN’T want to see it again but we made him :angel:. I actually enjoyed this one more than Beauty and the Beast. G enjoyed it too until we wouldn’t let him go down to the “pipince” and snowman. He did like it when it snowed, though.

Next on our list was Buzz and Woody. I’m not sure what the posted time was but I believe we waited about an hour. The line was out the door when we got in it. By the time we got to the door, we were hungry. So, I waited with the boys while C went to get snacks. We ended up with 2 mickey pretzels, popcorn, frozen lemonade and a coke. D entertained himself with posing for pictures.

IMG_2432.jpg

Continued in next post…

Last edited:
Chapter 7 continued…

IMG_2435.jpg

Finally, it was our turn.

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20171201_406789777608.jpg STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20171201_406786646732.jpg STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20171201_406789777613.jpg STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20171201_406789777614.jpg
G was so excited to see Buzz. Which is kind of funny now because he is more obsessed with Woody these days.

Next, we headed back to RnR for me to try one more time. On the way over, I hear “It’s snowing!” from Dallas. ToT was all lit up too.

IMG_2436.jpg

At RnR, I made it all the way inside to the ride and had to step out of line because it was taking too long and we had to get to our last FP. :sad1:

It was time for….

IMG_2441.jpg

We ended up way over on the left in Beast section. While we were waiting, the night time show was going and the fireworks were freaking G out. There was nowhere for us to go and I felt terrible once again. Thankfully, they didn’t last as long as MKs or Epcots so it wasn’t as bad.

When Fantasmic did start, G loved seeing Mickey … until he passed out about halfway through it. D got a little scared. We’d never seen the show so we couldn’t really prepare him for it. We’d read about it but even that didn’t tell us there were fireworks in it (which we kind of guessed there might be). Thankfully, G slept through the few at the end. Overall, C and I enjoyed it and the boys somewhat did. We will gladly see it again but it isn’t on a “must-do” list for the next few upcoming trips. When it was over, we waited out the crowd for a while so G could sleep.

Then we started the trek to the buses. We found a bench nearby and waited some more. We let two buses load and leave before getting in line. Right as we did, they moved our line to the Music line.

Since we never officially ate supper (too full from Sci-Fi + needing to get seated for Fantasmic = no time for a real supper), we stopped by the food court to get more snacks. So we got more ice cream and brownies, filled up our mugs and headed to the room for baths and bed.

I finished this update faster than I thought so I'm going to try to get another one in.

Last edited:

“Been there, done that. No need to do it again.”
My exact sentiment on the Beauty and the Beast show too. I also agree that the Frozen sing along show is much better, even though I'm not that big of a Frozen fan.
I think a lot of the shows in DHS need a little update.

Your character meet photos in this update were so precious!

Chapter 8: Magic Kingdom – “That camel spits on you!!!”

Even though this was our 2nd MK day of the trip, we had a lot planned. I believe it started out as being a more relaxed day but the closer we got to it, the more we added. Of course, a lot depended on how much we got done the 1st MK day.

Our morning started @ 7am. We got dressed, fed G (we had another plan for us besides eating in the room), stopped to fill our mugs with coffee and tea (for me), and headed to the bus. I have no notes on the wait for the bus so I’m guessing there really wasn’t one.

We arrived at MK and headed straight for Merida. We aren’t big Brave fans but I have to say this was one of the best M&G, yet. G loved her! I had a hard time picking which pictures to post on this one so there’s quite a few.

MK_FAIRYTALEGARDENCHAR_20171201_406791297381.jpg MK_FAIRYTALEGARDENCHAR_20171201_406791297382.jpg MK_FAIRYTALEGARDENCHAR_20171201_406791297383.jpg MK_FAIRYTALEGARDENCHAR_20171201_406791297386.jpg MK_FAIRYTALEGARDENCHAR_20171201_406791297389.jpg MK_FAIRYTALEGARDENCHAR_20171201_406791297390.jpg

Then we headed to find Alice. Having never done this particular M&G at MK we weren’t quite sure where to go. C thought it was in the same area as Pooh & Tigger. Nope. So we wandered a bit until we found one dad sitting and waiting and we asked him. Yep, this was it. AND we were 2nd in line. We’d kind of hoped to be first but it wasn’t a high priority. We waited about 20ish minutes before she came out. By this time, the dad’s wife and two kids had joined us. After Alice and those two kids rode the teacups and took pictures, it was our turn.

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20171201_406791714691.jpg MK_TEACUPCHAR_20171201_406791714698.jpg MK_TEACUPCHAR_20171201_406791833752.jpg

Continued in next post….

Last edited:
Chapter 8 continued…

Then it was time to go get our breakfast @ Gaston’s!!!! On the way over, we kept a lookout for a photographer in hopes of getting the Chip Magic Shot we weren’t ever able to get. I’d packed D's Chip shirt hoping to make it happen this time. But, no such luck.:sad2: The line for Gaston’s was out the door (no real surprise) but the line to meet Gaston was fairly short (he wasn’t out, yet). So the boys got in line for Gaston and I got in line for breakfast. Timing worked out well in that I got out there with food before Gaston came out. Cinnamon rolls and Lefou’s Brew – yummy!!!
MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20171201_406792743443.jpg MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20171201_406793023155.jpg MK_GASTONSTAVERNCHAR_20171201_406793023156.jpg

Next, it was time to head to our first FP for the day. Having not been able to finish our breakfast yet, it was a bit of a trick getting the boys settled in the stroller as well as carrying our food. In this process, we ended up dumping C's drink all over the top of the stroller :crazy2:. We cleaned it up as best as we could but that apple juice was sticky!!

Our first FP was for a ride that we’d been trying to convince D to ride for months. He kept going back and forth on it but the final decision was “NO”, while our final decision was “YES”. We won, he cried. We kept trying to tell him it was slow, it wasn’t scary, he would like it, etc. etc. It took a very nice lady in front of us telling him the same things to calm him down. Thank you kind lady! He was able to at least semi-enjoy it. The drop in the middle of it didn’t help matters but he at least didn’t freak out.

MK_PIRATESRIDE_20171201_8135874328.jpg

I’m talking him through the ride but it looks like I’m fussing at him – I promise I’m not.

Next on the list was Magic Carpets. We didn’t have a FP because we knew typically it’s wasted on this ride. Our wait wasn’t terrible, maybe about 20ish minutes. But, while we were waiting (please note that I hadn’t ridden this ride in many, many years) I started noticing water was squirting from somewhere. So I asked C if you get wet on this ride. He said no and started asking me where I thought water could be coming from. I kept looking and naming places and he kept telling me I was crazy. I would point out where I thought it was coming from and he would explain how it couldn’t be that (whatever it was). Needless to say, he had me convinced that I had lost my mind.

So we got on our carpet - big boys in front, G and I in the back. And we’re off. As we come around one full circle, I see a stream of water coming from somewhere. That’s when I squeal “That camel spits on you!” C just died laughing :rotfl2:. I was so ill at him. He really had me thinking I was crazy! :joker: For the rest of the ride, he kept trying to time it so that we got wet.

Our next FP was for Haunted Mansion. This is a family favorite and it doesn’t hurt that G can ride this one, too. Thankfully, there were no rides to break down on us this time. When we came out, we decided to try for the ghost magic shot again. And we got it!

MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20171201_406795456052.jpg MK_HAUNTEDMANSIONEXIT_20171201_406795456061.jpg

Don't we all look scared!?! :scared1:

We took a short break to finish off our cinnamon rolls before heading to meet….
MK_PETEPANFLGHT_20171201_406796627853.jpg MK_PETEPANFLGHT_20171201_406796627856.jpg

While waiting in line to meet PP, we chatted with a family in front of us. They noticed our shirts and asked us if we were from Alabama. Turns out that they were from Mountain Brook and they knew where our little town was located. So we swapped some Roll Tide’s and a few football comments about the upcoming SEC Championship game before time to hang out with Peter.

Next was our FP for the PP ride. Another favorite. And then we headed over to Small World. I had my camera ready at the end hoping to see something special…

IMG_5608.jpg

Then G wanted to ride horses again so we headed to the carousel. Csat this one out. D insisted on trying to pull the sword out again, with no success. By this time, we were ready for lunch, or at least the little boys were. Columbia Harbor House was our choice so that C and I could share the fish and chicken plate. D chose the mac-n-cheese but neither of the boys liked it. Thankfully, we had enough other stuff that they were able to eat something.

After lunch we headed to our third visit of Under the Sea. This was a great relaxing ride to help G go right into his nap immediately afterwards. We decided to take this time to go get something C had discovered earlier in the trip, one of the holographic pictures over by Haunted Mansion. These things are creepy! Yet, really neat! He said that he had to stand really still for longer than a normal picture for them to do it. They also told us that we could pick it up out front on our way out of the park later in the day. They would have delivered it to our room but we were leaving the next morning so we didn’t want to risk it.

When he finished up, we went looking for a snack. I thought I wanted something at Sleepy Hollow but changed my mind after seeing the menu. So we ended up back at Storybook Treats. We got the same things we got the last time, Sundae, chocolate ice cream, and Cookie Sundae. We grabbed a table this time so that G could continue his nap and we could just chill.

D needed a bathroom break so C took him across to the bathrooms by Pinocchio Haus. I kept watching for them to come back. When I finally did see them, C was guiding a squalling D that was holding his chin, back to the table. Apparently, he was running in the bathroom, slipped right as he got to the sink, and busted his chin on the sink bowl AND bit his tongue :crutches:. Another man (Hispanic I believe – and I only point this out because he spoke Spanish) picked D up and was putting water on his head trying to calm him down. C was right behind D and saw the entire thing but this other man was closer when it happened. We encouraged D to finish up his ice cream hoping the cold would help his tongue. He said it helped a little. This same man stopped by our table and tried telling us something but since we don’t speak Spanish and he didn’t seem to speak English, we just nodded, smiled, and said thank you. He really was very nice and helpful.

By this time, we were suppose to head to our next FP for the Laugh Floor (we couldn’t find one for anything else we wanted to do so we grabbed it instead). But, D’s chin was swelling and he said he was hurting. So we skipped out on the LF and headed to First Aid. C took D in to be looked over and I went in the Baby Care Center to change G who had finally woken up. We ended up chilling in the First Aid room for a little while so D could keep ice on his chin. They also gave him some Tylenol. We left there with stickers for both boys and free ice cream vouchers for both boys.

We decided now would be a good time to ride the train. We wandered a bit while trying to find the ramp to the train and finally had to ask a Cast Member. We made it up there just in time. We asked if we could take the stroller with us and they directed us to the back where there was room. Our original plan was to get off at either the 1st or 2nd stop. After we got going, I decided we should just stay on it all the way around. It was a really nice, relaxing ride. The boys even enjoyed it and were calm. So we rode it all the way around once and even waited until we stopped at Frontierland the 2nd time before debarking. Our intent was to head over to TS Island. We didn’t realize they closed so early. So instead we used our free ice cream vouchers. D got the mickey ice cream bar and G got the chocolate dipped banana. A big mess later, and after C checked wait times, we decided to head to Jungle Cruise. It was posted at a 25 min. wait and we had 1.5 hours before we needed to head to our next appointment.

This was a much longer wait than 25 minutes. We got on the ride about 5:50pm. They ended up getting backed-up at the end of the ride, which putting us getting off to even later. I sent C to the front to get his picture and I took the boys to grab the stroller. I got them loaded up and took off running. It was a party night so we were battling oncoming crowds trying to get out. C was coming out with the picture right as we arrived and we headed to the monorail. There was a much larger crowd waiting to board the monorail than we had hoped. We had to wait on the 2nd monorail to board.

Continued in next post….

Last edited:

Chapter 8 continued….

The FOURTH stop later and we were getting off. We made it to our ADR 10 minutes late but they didn’t say anything other than it would be a 20 – 30 minute wait. It ended up being less than that. So in we went to eat and see….
IMG_2445.jpg IMG_2446.jpg IMG_2449.jpg

But no Stepsisters!!! This was the main reason we wanted to eat here! Apparently they were out looking for Lucifer. :sad: Instead we got Aurora as we exited. Which wasn’t bad, just disappointing because we’ve met her multiple times.
WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PARKFARECHAR1_20171202_406813500222.jpg WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PARKFARECHAR1_20171202_406813500223.jpg WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PARKFARECHAR1_20171202_406813500230.jpg WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PARKFARECHAR1_20171202_406813500232.jpg

Thoughts on 1900 PF: The food was good. They let us get milk for G to drink. It was very easy to find food the boys would eat. The character interaction was okay. We were really disappointed about not getting to meet the Stepsisters. The Stepmother was slightly entertaining. I wish I’d written down what she said but I didn’t. I do remember C and me laughing but of course the boys didn’t get what we were laughing at. I also remember a waiter dropping and breaking some dishes and hearing her tell Cinderella to go clean it up.

We had to wait about 15 minutes to see Aurora and then we did a little exploring of the resort. We definitely wanted to check-out the Gingerbread House.

IMG_5614.jpg

We also went in search of a gift shop so D could look for something to spend his money on. We found a gift shop but no luck on what he wanted so we headed back to the monorail. We got back off at MK and caught the bus back to Sports. The next day was going to be a sad, sad day.

I plan to be back within the next few weeks to wrap this report up. I haven't decided if I'm going to do a May trip report or not. With summer being right around the corner, I probably will. I do think it is going to be quite interesting not only going with our DVC/church friends but also because my parents are joining us.

Last edited:
Great update. So sorry about Dallas' chin though:(. Hopefully it didn't bother him for too long.

We were really disappointed about not getting to meet the Stepsisters. The Stepmother was slightly entertaining.

I can't believe you didn't get to meet the stepsisters. They were definitely the best part of our meal there, Anastasia in particular that night. But good that Lady Tremaine made a good impression! She was excellent when we were there, super in character and on her game.

studio_redcarpetachar_20171130_406783357247-jpg.312027

Your boys are just delicious!!! :) I love their expressions and sweet little faces.

What a bummer about being 2nd in line for Alice!! First in line with a teacup ride is definitely a life goal!!

Poor Dallas's chin! At least he didn't end up needing stitches or anything more serious. Glad ice cream was a good enough cure to carry on with your day!

Hello!! My kiddos are similar ages so I’m following along for tips. It appears you guys park hop a lot? I’ve been nervous to, but it seems to be manageable. I’m a school psych so I was excited to see your profession.

Question: how did the leash/backpack work for you? I’ve been wanting to order one and start practicing with our little guy. He’s a wild child and likes to move.

Your boys are just delicious!!! :) I love their expressions and sweet little faces.

Thank you! G is very expressive. We love watching his little face when he has different experiences.

What a bummer about being 2nd in line for Alice!! First in line with a teacup ride is definitely a life goal!!

We are going to try for it again in May.

Poor Dallas's chin! At least he didn't end up needing stitches or anything more serious. Glad ice cream was a good enough cure to carry on with your day!

Yes! Thank goodness!

Hello!! My kiddos are similar ages so I’m following along for tips.

Awesome! Welcome!

It appears you guys park hop a lot? I’ve been nervous to, but it seems to be manageable.

We did some on this trip. We don't expect to park hop at all on our upcoming May trip and we didn't on our first trip. We were a little concerned with planning it that way for this last trip but it worked out fine. Our boys are troopers - it's funny how they can be that way on trips like this but not at home :confused3:laughing:

I’m a school psych so I was excited to see your profession.

Cool! We could swap war stories. :rotfl2::coffee:

Question: how did the leash/backpack work for you? I’ve been wanting to order one and start practicing with our little guy. He’s a wild child and likes to move.

It worked great! I felt much more comfortable letting him out of the stroller when he had it on. I also liked that I could unhook the leash part so that he could run to the characters without me having to take it all of the way off and waste good character time. Since he loves giraffes, he had no problems with me putting it on him. There were times he'd put up a fuss when he couldn't go as far as he wanted to go, but that was manageable. We plan to take it again on the May trip. He is way too much of a runner to let him loose without something. He runs off in the opposite direction now when we pick him up from daycare. It's scary and he thinks its hilarious. I'm not dealing with that at Disney.

Last edited:
Before I wrap up this report, I want to give a brief update on our next trip that is in 7 DAYS! party:

Sadly our dear DVC/church friends have had to cancel their trip. :sad: It’s been a very emotional last few days. Our sweet friends are going through a very difficult time right now. I won’t go into details because it isn’t my story to tell. I do ask for prayers for them because they have a long road ahead.

With this big change, we’ve made some other minor changes to our plans. We’ve canceled some ADRS – including Boma and one B&C (the kitchen sink one :sad2:) – since those were specific ones made due to them coming with us. We’ve moved some FPs around to better fit the way we do Disney (they are more laid back than us :snail: and we had accounted for that originally).

We haven’t told the boys about this change but we know D is going to be disappointed. :sad1: On a good note (maybe), :bitelip: Gran and Papa are still coming for part of the time.

We have started the packing process. Every time I go into this process thinking I can get by with “X” number of suitcases. And every time I end up having to add 1 or 2 more to that original number. Oh why can I not pack light :confused: !!!! We don’t really need 50 diapers do we? :rolleyes1 Let’s just potty train him while we are there :earseek:.

So my packing started out very organized and neat.

IMG_5970.JPG

And then it turned into mass chaos.

IMG_5971.JPG
Right after I took this, G started taking everything out of his backpack.

But at least it’s a start! The bulk of it seems to at least be gathered in one location so hopefully that will help come Friday night.

Now on to the last update.

Chapter 9: Travel Day – “This plane is out of commission.”

*Sorry, no pictures for this day*

Our original plan for this morning was to head to a park for a little while. I believe we were going to go back to AK for a bit. But we were so tired and C had started not feeling well so we decided to scrap that plan.

We took our time getting up. Since we had more than enough credits left (including a few QS credits) we ate breakfast in the food court. Then we went back to the room to finish packing so we could take our bags down and check them. Goodness gracious that line was long! It was the longest wait we’d had up to that point. But we finally got them checked and then we headed to DS. Thankfully, we didn’t have to turn the stroller in until 3pm (which is what time we had to catch the ME).

Our reason for going to DS was because D was promised a chance to use his birthday money. After keeping an eye out for what he wanted all week, he had decided on the Big Hero 6 figurine set that he saw at Once Upon a Toy. We tried to find it at other places once he decided on it but no luck. So back to OUAT it was… and then we left.

We went back to AS to eat lunch because we still had credits left. In fact, we had to go into the souvenir shop to try and find somethings to use up the last of the snack credits because we still had some even after lunch!

We stayed in the food court a long time just eating and chilling until close to time to catch the ME. We got extra sides and drinks and all kinds of stuff just trying to use up the credits (now I know what everyone is talking about when it comes to the amount of food you get on the DDP!). I packed up what food I could take with us since we were going to have almost 4 hours to kill at the airport. Then it was time to go *sad*. We gave the stroller back and waited on the bus. The ride to the airport was uneventful and bittersweet. We arrived at the airport about 4 hours before our flight and we slowly headed towards security.

We knew we couldn’t take the drinks through and I wasn’t sure about the grapes so we sat and the boys ate some more. Then we got in line for security. Oh my word! This was definitely the longest wait we had over the entire trip. We waited at least an hour. At one point they completely stopped the line and we had to wait on the dog to come out.

G kept asking “mouse?” “pipince?” “duck?” – he kept expecting to meet a character at the end of the line :rotfl2:

Finally they made an announcement that we had all been bumped to pre-check and we were to leave everything in the bags, and leave our shoes on. The dog came out and they started rushing us through.

Even after all of that we still had over 2 hours until our flight. D got out his new toys and entertained himself. I put G’s harness on him so he could roam but not run away. He socialized with everyone around us. At some point I sent C and D to find some food and they came back with 2 very large slices of pizza. We ate and tried to keep the boys entertained.

Finally it was time to board the plane. We boarded with family boarding and found 3 seats together no problem (this was a slight concern of ours that obviously shouldn’t have been). And then we waited some more. And we waited. And we waited. About 30 minutes after we should have already taken off we get an announcement that they are checking something on the outside of the plane. So we waited some more. Then we get an announcement that “This plane has been taken out of commission.” And we would be debarking and going to another terminal to board a different plane.

By this time is was definitely after G’s bedtime and getting close to D’s. My hope was G would pass-out once we took off, but that was a no-go. We finally made it to our home airport and had no more problems after that. G passed out as soon as he was buckled in his car seat and D soon after.

Summary: It was a great trip even with the airport fiasco. The boys had a blast. Everyone stayed well for the most part. We can’t wait to go back in May!

:offtopic: So C informed me that he isn't really crazy about me using our names on my TRs so I'm in the process of going back through and changing them to initials. I don't know how much good it will do at this point but I guess it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Right after I took this, G started taking everything out of his backpack.

:rotfl: Kids though.

now I know what everyone is talking about when it comes to the amount of food you get on the DDP!

100%!! I love the convenience of the dining plan, but we never eat enough or in the right proportion of QS/TS/snacks to make it work for us.

G kept asking “mouse?” “pipince?” “duck?” – he kept expecting to meet a character at the end of the line :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Aww you have him conditioned now!

Sorry to hear about your friends and their struggles. Sometimes life can really knock you off your feet, and I hope they are okay and things will start to get better for them. But I hope that you all have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip!!

I want to give a brief update on our next trip that is in 7 DAYS! party:
WOO HOO!!!!!
We don’t really need 50 diapers do we? :rolleyes1 Let’s just potty train him while we are there :earseek:.
Honestly!!! When we took Jimmy for his 2nd birthday, I shipped a case of diapers to the hotel...wouldn't you know it, THAT is the week he decided he didn't need diapers anymore. Coming home I was making my parents and husband shove all of these extra diapers in their luggage to take back home because we didn't use any of them!!!

Sorry to hear about your friends and their struggles. Sometimes life can really knock you off your feet, and I hope they are okay and things will start to get better for them. But I hope that you all have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip!!

Thank you! I hope you are doing well too. I know you've been going through a difficult time as well as being busy with school.

100%!! I love the convenience of the dining plan, but we never eat enough or in the right proportion of QS/TS/snacks to make it work for us.

Way too much food!!!

Honestly!!! When we took Jimmy for his 2nd birthday, I shipped a case of diapers to the hotel...wouldn't you know it, THAT is the week he decided he didn't need diapers anymore. Coming home I was making my parents and husband shove all of these extra diapers in their luggage to take back home because we didn't use any of them!!!

How funny! Technically we are celebrating G's 2nd birthday on this trip, too. He's shown some interest in wanting to sit on the potty but he hasn't actually done anything. That's a goal for this summer. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter