It's a tooting, baptizing, spitting Disney adventure! - A Nov. 2017 Completed TR

Smilelea

DIS Veteran
If you’ve made it over here from my pre-trip report, I’m so happy you’re still following along. If you’re just joining us, :welcome:! This is my first official trip report. The sources of the title will come out in the updates.

I plan to tell all about our Disney adventure over the course of 9 chapters (which represent each of our 9 days). I even mention bathroom breaks. :eek: Well, only slightly. You see, every night I tried to write down the order in which we did things and if anything really funny, bad, sad, exciting, etc. happened that day. In the course of my note taking, I would write down bathroom breaks and C (my husband which I’ll introduce in a moment) asked if I was seriously going to write about our bathroom breaks. So… I promise that if I do mention them it will only be to say we took one. :laughing:

Let’s back-up a moment and make introductions.

My name, for the purposes of this TR, is Smilelea and I am 34 years old. I am a Special Education Teacher and have worked in the public school system for 14 years. I love reading, scrapbooking, Harry Potter, and of course DISNEY!.

My husband is C and he is a logistics manager for a well-known telecommunications company. He is also very involved in our local church as a Deacon and he is our Worship Technical Director. Basically his second home is our church. He loves (as we say in our house) Roll Tide! Edited to add that C is THE DISNEY PLANNER. This will come out as the report unfolds.

We have been married for 8 ½ year and we have two children.

D is 5 ½ and has made it through his first semester of Kindergarten. He is our worrier and does not like change. He loves superheroes, Disney movies, Disney Jr. shows, books, Transformers and eating mac-n-cheese. This was his second trip to Disney.

G is 1 1/2 and is into EVERYTHING! He’s notorious for running in the opposite direction you want him to go (hence the harness we purchased for Disney) and he loves books. He also has a fascination with giraffes and loves to eat (especially fruit). This was his second trip to Disney as well.

We recently became DVC members and we will get to try out those perks in May. In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures of us before I get into the trip report.

IMG_5362.JPG

22815139_10159305658045018_7637282501094040987_n.jpg
D picks our costumes every year.

For just a bit of background information on this trip:
We went to Disney for our first trip as a family a year ago. That trip was planned mainly because a set of grandparents wanted to take D to Disney and we tagged along (I mean hello!!!! You aren't taking our 4 year old to Disney without us). The plan was to then wait a while before going back. Well, 'wait a while' turned out to be just a year. We enjoyed it so much we couldn't wait any longer. For more of a backstory, see my pre-trip report "
What happened to going one time and then waiting awhile? – A Nov 2017 PTR"

If you wish to skip directly to the updates, the posts links will be in the next post.

Last edited:
Oooh, I was almost first, and then while I was writing someone else got here and commented first! Oh well. I'm still excited. :P I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip, Candace!

In the course of my note taking, I would write down bathroom breaks and Clint (my husband which I’ll introduce in a moment) asked if I was seriously going to write about our bathroom breaks.

:rotfl: Clint cracks me up! It's a legit question though!

He loves superheroes, Disney movies, Disney Jr. shows, books, Transformers and eating mac-n-cheese.

He also has a fascination with giraffes and loves to eat (especially fruit).

Oh my gosh! Combine your kids and you get me. Pretty much. They sound like super interesting little people!

22815139_10159305658045018_7637282501094040987_n-jpg.288021

This is SO cute!!

Popped over from your PTR. Looking forward to reading about your adventures

Chapter 1: Travel Day – “Here we go again. You better suck it in! ”

Alarm went off at 6:00 am. The plan was to be ready and getting in the car by 6:45 am. Now, if you came over from the pre-trip report then you might remember the plan on how we were going to get to the airport that did not involve C being squished like this

IMG_4057 2.jpg

Well, our neighbor’s suburban broke down two days before we left. So, that meant we had to revert to plan B or C. One of those was we drive ourselves and pay to park our car at the airport for 9 days. No thank you! So the other plan was he would still drive us but in our car which would require C to “suck it in”.

Well he did and we made it to the airport within plenty of time.

Oh to back it up just a bit for one moment…. Another possible hiccup in us leaving on time was that we needed to get our dog Luna to the vet for boarding before we left for the airport. The vet opens at 7:00 am but it isn’t on the way to the airport and there’s no way we could have gotten her in the car with us and all of our luggage. So the plan was that one of use would leave in time to be there when the doors open. The other would stay and finish up last minute preparations and be ready to leave as soon as he/she returned. Thankfully we have an awesome neighbor that offered to take her for us after he dropped us off at the airport. Another save on the neighbor’s part! :dancer:

So back to the airport. We made it through security with no problem and D even spoke to TSA when he was asked some questions (something he didn’t do the last trip). We spent the next hour and a half walking up and down the terminals trying to keep the boys entertained as well as eating the snacks that I had meant to last us all day. popcorn::

IMG_5454.JPG

The flight went smoothly with minimal fussing. I do have to say that I look forward to May when G will have to have his own seat. It was a little cramped with all 4 of us in the 3 seats. I sure did miss First Class on this trip! :sad1:

We arrived in Orlando and pretty quickly saw this.

IMG_2290.JPG

It was lunch time so we hit up Chickfila before heading to catch the ME bus. Once we did make it down to level 1 we were let on the bus almost immediately and we pulled out shortly after. Our bus went to Old Key West and Saratoga Springs before stopping at ours – POFQ. We had just stepped in line to check-in when the text came through that our room was ready. We headed out the back to find our building. We ended up in Building 1 – not ideal but then again it is not that spread out so it wasn’t too bad. We also ended up with a corner room which we didn’t really want but it was for only one night so no big deal. *I'm so sorry I forgot to take pictures of our room. In fact, there were a lot of things I meant to take pictures of this trip and simply forgot.*

Once in our room, the big boys decided to go explore the resort and G and I stayed so he could take a nap. C did stop by the front desk to check on the pack-n-play. He was told that basically the online reservation system is crap and it usually doesn’t tell them your requests you put in. You are better off calling. Meaning – it’s a good thing he stopped and checked on it or we wouldn’t have had one.

So back to their exploring.

IMG_5456b.jpg IMG_5455b.jpg IMG_2296b.jpg

Once they returned (and our luggage was delivered) and G woke-up, we all went exploring.

IMG_5458b.jpg
Griffin had to walk by the "water" every time we passed this way.

D just loved showing me the pool. He really wanted to try out the big slide. So, even though it was only in the mid 60s we decided to go play in the pool – or at least 3 of us did.

IMG_2299.JPG

C chose to say in his long pants and long sleeves. D also chickened out of the slide after we read the rules and learned that one of us couldn’t be down at the bottom to catch him when he came out. But he still wanted to play in the area he could touch bottom.

I, on the other hand, am all about some pool time. :beach: However, I hate to have only part of my hair wet. Therefore, one of the first things I do is dunk myself so my entire head is wet. I do hold my nose and dip backwards usually when I do this. So when I came up I noticed D was looking at me funny. Then he says, “Mama, you just baptized yourself.” Well…what do you say to that? :rotfl2:

After about an hour of pool time, I noticed G was not laughing/smiling as much and he was beginning to shiver. So we get out to dry off. D soon followed and we headed back to the room to get ready for supper.

We ate in the food court. C ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger, fries, and chips. D ordered the kids cheese pizza, yogurt, and grapes. I went with the grilled chicken sandwich, coleslaw, and fries. G ate some applesauce I had packed as well as the crust from D's pizza and some of his grapes. I think C and I went with ice water and D ended up with white milk which he was not happy with. We promised him that once our dining plan kicked in the next day he could have chocolate milk every time it was available. There were no complaints of the food overall. It wasn't anything exciting but then again it was food court food and it was filling.

After supper, we headed to the boat dock. This was one of the reasons we chose this resort for our one night add-on. The boat was pulling in as we walked up so we were able to load almost immediately. It was a very nice slow boat ride to Disney Springs. As we got close we saw

IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5462.JPG

When we got there we asked if we could stay on and were told we could unless there were a lot of people needing to board. There was one family so we were able to stay aboard.

When we arrived back at the resort, we went to our room to settle in for the night. Our pack-n-play still wasn’t there. G ended up going to sleep on the big bed before it finally arrived and I moved him to it. The other downside was that the pad itself was too short. It didn’t cover the entire bottom. But it was sufficient for just one night.

Overall, we enjoyed the little bit of extra space compared to a value resort room and we definitely enjoyed the double sinks and mirrors. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend very much time at POFQ in order for us to have much more of an opinion overall.

Last edited:
I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

:welcome:

Oooh, I was almost first, and then while I was writing someone else got here and commented first! Oh well. I'm still excited. :P I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip, Candace!

Hooray! I'm so glad you made it even if you were second. I've been playing catch-up on your reports, as well.

They sound like super interesting little people!

They are a hoot that is for sure!

This is SO cute!!

:thanks:

Popped over from your PTR. Looking forward to reading about your adventures

:welcome: I'm so glad you came on over!

Enjoying your TR! I had to chuckle at the pic of your husband squeezed in between the car seats....that's my youngest son (age 24) every time his sister visits with her two children. And the part where Dallas says "Mama, you just baptized yourself!" - that was the best! :rotfl:You have such adorable kids!

So the other plan was he would still drive us but in our car which would require Clint to “suck it in”.

Haha poor Clint! :rotfl:

Griffin's little giraffe harness is adorable. :goodvibes

We ended up in Building 1 – not ideal but then again it is not that spread out so it wasn’t too bad. We also ended up with a corner room which we didn’t really want but it was for only one night so no big deal.

Sorry you didn't get your ideal requests for POFQ, but at least it was only for a night. One benefit that I like about a corner room is that you usually have more windows so you get a little more natural light. :)

So when I came up I noticed Dallas was looking at me funny. Then he says, “Mama, you just baptized yourself.” Well…what do you say to that? :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness! Bless his heart!! :laughing:

After about an hour of pool time, I noticed Griffin was not laughing/smiling as much and he was beginning to shiver. So we get out to dry off.

Good mama! Being in tune with your little one! I imagine it felt pretty chilly with the low temperatures, but glad you all had some fun pool time anyway.

I hopped over from your PTR. I am enjoying your TR already. I love the chapter titles!

Just found this so I'm stopping in to say I'm here! I'll be back soon to get caught up :)

Merry Christmas Eve! It's been a crazy couple of weeks but I just had to get another update in. The longer I wait the more I forget. Yikes! I'm hoping to do at least one more before I go back to work after the new year. We shall see.

Before I go any further into our trip I need to make two more introductions.

Nana (aka C’s mom) and her husband Mr. B. (aka – after this trip – PopPop) joined us for a few days. Nana really wanted to witness the boys’ excitement of meeting the characters and just spend a fun few days with them. Mr. B was more just a long for the ride – literally – they rented him a scooter since they were afraid he wouldn’t be able to keep up with his bad knees. We sorely missed Mr. B and his scooter after they left :sad2:

Chapter 2: Resort Day – “I just knew all of the orange & blue was a bad omen.”

So MY basic plan for the day was: eat beignets, upgrade to season passes, eat at Beaches & Cream, and check-out Animal Kingdom Lodge. C's plan (for all of us) included my plan but with a few more details. We were going to take a boat to here then a bus to there then another boat or…wait…was it a bus … no it was a …. plane … Ugh! I don’t know now. I do know it was a lot of here to there to here using different types of transportation.

So I guess I should backup to the beginning of the day.

We were all up by about 7:30. We got ready and headed to eat breakfast. One of the reasons we chose POFQ was because I wanted beignets for breakfast. So that’s what we ate. G ate yogurt and a cereal bar. He would only eat one bite of a beignet – crazy child. D really wanted chocolate milk but since this was OOP we made him get a small white milk. We did promise him that once the DDP kicked in he could have all of the chocolate milk he wanted. By the time we finished, D was scooping the powdered sugar out of the bottom with his fingers and eating it.

Then we headed back to the room to pack-up. In the midst of packing up, D got into trouble while playing on his phone and we had to take it away from him (remember this for later).

We headed to check-out and leave our bags about 9:30 am. This only took a few minutes and we headed out to catch a bus to HS. We waited about 20 minutes for a bus. Now 2 thoughts on their bus stops: 1) we loved that they were covered; 2) we kind of missed the queue. People that walked up right before the bus arrived could be first and those that got there early and were able to sit while waiting almost missed the bus due to it filling up. These are things we took note of for all of our future trips.

Once we arrived at HS the boys needed a snack break so we found a bench to chill for a few minutes. Please note that we did not have our stroller, yet. We chose not to add another day to the rental when we added our night at POFQ after some debate. Therefore, pick-up wasn’t until we got to AS and we didn’t want to go over there just to get the stroller. After a quick snack we walked over to catch the boat to Epcot and we saw this

IMG_5463b.jpg

The boat was arriving as we got in line.
IMG_5464b.jpg

We also received our text telling us our room was ready at AS. The boat ride was definitely a nice change from the buses. We really liked having options at least the first leg of our trip.

IMG_5465b.jpg

Upon arrival at Epcot, we walked right up to Guest Services. This was exactly what C had read in all of his research. Guest Services at the International Gateway was definitely the way to go. We had our tickets upgraded to season passes in less than 5 minutes. We took a potty break :rotfl:(I had to note this one because the women’s bathroom was FREEZING cold!!! :cold:)

Next, we checked on the boat to Beach Club and learned that walking would be faster. It was a very pleasant walk – until G fell and skinned his knee right as we were going inside of BC. We stopped to doctor him up and saw they had a movie playing for the kids. We still had some time before our ADR so we stopped for a bit. Having never been to BC nor B&C we headed over early because we weren’t sure how far it was. Obviously it wasn’t far and we arrived 15 minutes early. So we found a seat and some shade.

IMG_5466b.jpg

Our pager went off after 5 minutes. We had read that the place was small but Oh My! It was small! We were seated and they gave the boys kids menus and crayons – orange and blue (sign #1). C and I decided to order appetizers so we’d have room for ice cream (we laughed about this later). The boys chose mac-n-cheese and hotdog meals.

IMG_5467b.jpg IMG_5468.JPG IMG_5469.JPG

Before it was all over with, the boys had switched meals. Go figure. During the course of our entire meal, G was also flirting with all of the waitresses. :cool1:

Then we ordered dessert.

IMG_5470.JPG IMG_5471.JPG IMG_5472.JPG

*Continued in next post*

Last edited:
Chapter 2 continued...

IMG_5473.JPG

Oh my goodness! We never should have ordered food. We were able to put a dent in them but there is no way we finished them. G LOVED the strawberries and yogurt and D loved his chocolate Mickey ice cream. This is definitely one we plan to do again.

Next we decided to do some more walking. Oh my goodness we were stuffed! We debated on which transportation to take next and finally decided on the boat to HS and then the bus to AKL. We walked over to the lighthouse to catch the boat after a quick stop at the rocking chairs because G wanted to “rock”.

I guess I just need to go ahead and apologize for not taking near enough pictures. I had my moments where I was on it but then many others where I wasn’t.

The wait for the boat was another fairly lengthy wait but the boys were able to explore and watch the ducks so it was fine. On our way to the bus stop for AKL we received a TP’s text for a BOG ADR availability. Well this was like the 20th one so we didn’t expect to get it but we tried anyways. And… WE GOT IT! We were finally able to move the 8:10 pm to 6:20 pm. Oh I was so excited! Which helped to somewhat dim the frustration we had of waiting for the AKL bus at Epcot. This wait was longer than the morning wait and we had an extremely tired and cranky G – and no stroller for him to nap in. The bus finally arrived and we headed to AKL.

We loved the décor and were just in awe that this was going to be our new “home”. We explored a bit on our way out to see the animals. In the midst of this exploring, G fell and busted his lip. He perked up when we made it to the animals. He was so excited to see the Giraffes.

IMG_5474.JPG

Then he needed another snack break. So we sat on the bench and watched the animals and ate a snack while the big boys went exploring.

Then we were ready to head to AS. We had practically no wait for this bus. C began streaming the Iron Bowl and G fell asleep. Once we got there we checked on the pack-n-play since we had issues at POFQ and they said it was noted on our reservation. Next, we checked to see if our stroller was there and it was. We checked on our luggage and it was not there. We also grabbed our mugs so I could wash them before use. Then we finally headed to our room. We had requested Surf’s Up but we got Touchdown. As we headed towards the field we saw two helmets. We hoped we were on the side with the red helmet. But nope… the orange one it was (sign #2).

G woke-up soon after we made it to the room so the 3 of us went exploring so C could watch the game.

IMG_5475.JPG IMG_5476.JPG

The playground had SAND! Yuck!

They played for a while until C texted it was half-time. We headed back to the room and we still had no luggage. It was past the time they said it would be delivered so C went to check on it. They said it would be sent up immediately. Nana and Mr. B arrived about this same time with groceries. So we all unpacked before heading down to eat. In the midst of the unpacking I discovered that D’s phone was missing. This was also right about the time that Alabama lost to Auburn in the Iron Bowl – hence all of the bad omens. :sad2:

We were really hungry at this point so we headed to eat. D chose corn nuggets, fries, applesauce, and chocolate milk. C ordered the bacon cheeseburger and fries. I chose the steak, mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese – of course - hoping G would eat my sides. We forgot that drinks came with our meals since we were on the DDP so he made a note for us to go back and get desserts later since we had our mugs. G did eat some of my sides as well as some blueberries and some of Mr. B’s pizza that he insisted on having. Thankfully Mr. B didn’t mind sharing. C and I went back for a brownie and an M&M cookie which we shared with the boys. We filled up our mugs one last time for the night. As I was filling mine, a little boy – maybe a little older than D – came up to me and said “War Eagle” (I had on my Bama shirt). All I could do was laugh and retort “Roll Tide!”

After our tummies were full G and I headed back to the room and the rest of the group went to check on the missing phone and Mr. B’s scooter. POFQ had not found the phone but the scooter did finally arrive. When we made it back to the room there was still no pack-n-play. So I went back down there for our 4th time and they said it would be delivered within 10 minutes and it was.

Then it was bath and bed time for all.

Last edited:
Your sundaes at Beaches & Cream look so yummy! I love their No Way Jose best :)

What type of phone did Dallas lose? I hope POFQ or someone was able to find it - kid's toys are so precious to them and sometimes hard to replace!

So MY basic plan for the day was: eat beignets, upgrade to season passes, eat at Beaches & Cream, and check-out Animal Kingdom Lodge.

This sounds like a pretty excellent plan, really.

Now 2 thoughts on their bus stops: 1) we loved that they were covered; 2) we kind of missed the queue. People that walked up right before the bus arrived could be first and those that got there early and were able to sit while waiting almost missed the bus due to it filling up. These are things we took note of for all of our future trips.

I have to agree! I like the covered areas and the places to sit down. But even at the deluxes we've stayed at, we found that sometimes you're hard-pressed to get on the bus if you don't stand and wait at the front the whole time. Doesn't seem quite fair.

We had read that the place was small but Oh My! It was small!

That's what I thought when we went there, too. I knew it would be small...but wow.

Oh my goodness! We never should have ordered food. We were able to put a dent in them but there is no way we finished them.

No kidding!! We split a burger and one ice cream between us and we still didn't quite make it through all the food.

He perked up when we made it to the animals. He was so excited to see the Giraffes.

I'm wth Griffin there!! Too bad about the little fall though. :(

Happy New Year! I don’t know about any others but it takes me a good 3 -4 hours to do an update. Is this normal or am I just slow? I also have to resize all of the photos I want to upload.

Anyways, on a personal update before I continue with the trip update, we have had a wonderful Christmas break. The boys got everything they wanted for Christmas and we have managed to see all of the grandparents within a one week timeframe. This is very unusual because the grandparents live anywhere from an hour to 4 hours away. G has been in heaven with all of the attention. D has been in transformer heaven with 11 new ones and a transformer game on his phone that he can scan the toys and add them to the game and do…. I really don’t know what but C and D have sure enjoyed playing it.

25594140_10159541194795018_3260880413576162715_n.jpg

G got a plush Goofy and he has taken over the 4 small Mickey and friends figures that used to be D’s. He loves playing and talking about the characters. We have viewed our Disney pictures I don’t know how many times because he loves seeing them over and over. He got about 30 new little Disney books that we have to read multiple times a day. He knows many of the princesses by name now and quite a few other characters. We hope he keeps this excitement come May.

goofy.jpg

Speaking of May, I guess I’ll do a short update on that trip, too.

If you haven’t read my PTR then the short version is, we are going back to Disney with some fellow DVC friends in May. We are staying at AKL and BC. We have quite a few ADR’s that we’ve made but don’t necessarily plan to keep all of them. What we consider as must-do’s keeps getting added to even though the plan is to pack lunches and eat other meals in the room most of this trip. :confused3

There are basically two things to update you on. 1) We’ve already purchased more DVC points even though we haven’t used any of the first ones we’ve purchased :earseek:. We went ahead and purchased 25 more at Polynesian directly through Disney instead of resale. Just those few points have given us a lot more options than we imagined. 2) My parents may be crashing our trip :scared1:. They have done a little research and are tentatively planning on pulling their camper down and staying Sunday through Friday of our trip with a 4-day pass. If this sticks, we will have gone to Disney with all of the grandparents in two years’ time. There are so many other things I could say about this possible change to our trip but that could take pages and pages. So we will just let it all come out as plans unfold.

Now we have a couple of other possibilities that are bigger maybes at the moment so I won’t spill the beans on them. Let’s just say I’m really excited about these too.

Now, on to a trip update.

Chapter 3: Animal Kingdom – “Is that the one that toots all the time?”

We had an ADR at Tusker House for 8:35am. Our plan was to be there at 8:00 am so we could do a little exploring. That meant our alarm went off at 6:40am. What D didn’t know was that a special call was going to come in for him at 6:50am. The night before we did show him how to answer the phone in case we couldn’t get to it if it ever rang. At 6:50am it rang and we told him to get it by pushing the speaker button we had showed him. Well, he hit the button and then picked up the phone :lmao:so we didn’t get to hear who it was very well. Come to find out it was Mickey Mouse! D just sat there with a big grin on his face during the entire call (which was very brief of course). When he hung up we asked him what Mickey said and he couldn’t tell us. He was so excited to get the call he couldn’t remember what he said :hyper:.

We finished getting ready and headed to catch the bus. It was a short wait and of course we were first on thanks to Mr. B and his scooter. For the first and only time this trip we drove over to the other All Star Resorts before heading to the park. So we had a packed bus.

We arrived at AK a few minutes before 8:00am. We headed towards the entrance and C went looking for the person that would let us in due to having a PPO ADR. He found her and we got in no problem. Since we were early, we slowly headed towards TH and hit a few side trails on the way.

We saw…

IMG_5477.JPG IMG_5478.JPG

We also made a mental note to keep an eye out for PP Photographers this entire trip since we had upgraded to AP. We didn’t see any on the way to TH.

We checked in at TH about 10 minutes early. I was sent to handle this. She checked us in and then asked if we wanted to add ROL to our dining. She gave me a 6:30 and 7:45 time. I was shocked. C had tried to do a ROL dining package with our TH and never could get it. So here I am waving like a mad woman for C to come over because I have no idea what time we needed. He was the man with the plan. If I had had to make the choice I was going with 6:30, Well, I’m glad he saw me and hurried over because he went with 7:45. So that was an exciting addition to our day. We waited only a few minutes and they called us in.

We were seated at one of the first tables as you walk-in, which meant we saw the characters very quickly. Mickey arrived before everyone could even get up to go get a plate.
IMG_2304.JPG IMG_2306.JPG
After Mickey, I went and got the boys something and then headed to get mine but Daisy showed up so I had to hurry back.
IMG_5484.JPG
Finally we all got food and then saw these two.

IMG_5490.JPG IMG_5496.JPG

Finally, D and Nana joined in the parade before we left.

IMG_5497.JPG

*Continued in next post*

Last edited:
Chapter 3 continued…

After breakfast we traipsed through The Gorilla Falls Trail and saw ….

IMG_5500.JPG
IMG_5501.JPG

Gyelled “fish!”

IMG_5503.JPG IMG_5505.JPG

Pandora was next.

IMG_5507.JPG

We only rode the River Journey this time. We plan to hit FOP in May.

IMG_5506.JPG

The wait for FOP was a 2 hour wait before we rode RJ and it had turned into a 4 hour wait when we got off. They were closing Pandora to anymore guests as we were walking out of it.

Our next stop was Timon. As we were telling D what was next he asks “Is that the one that toots a lot?” …. We all busted out laughing. Obviously Lion King isn’t one of my kids’ favorites.

timon.jpg

Oh, before we got to Timon, Nana and Mr. B headed to find somewhere to charge his scooter. They finally found a Cast Member that said they didn’t have any official charging stations. However, if they headed towards the restroom by Lion King they might be able to find an outlet. So we left them there and continued on with our itinerary.

After Timon was the Safari in which Nana and Mr. B caught back up with us. We saw….

IMG_5510.JPG IMG_5514.JPG

*Continued in next post*

Attachments

• IMG_5517.JPG
    IMG_5517.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
IMG_5544.JPG IMG_5546.JPG IMG_5550.JPG

Nana and Mr. B headed back over to continue charging the scooter because it still was showing as too low. The plan at this point was to meet back-up in time for lunch.

Now I don’t remember exactly how this came about but somehow I ended up with both boys without C for a few minutes. G had fallen asleep and we were right at the bridge by TH. I saw a PP Photographer with only one couple so I hurried over. As we got to him I heard him say something about a Magic Shot and I got excited. D and I got this one…

AK_AFRICABRIDGE_20171126_406665414412.jpg

Then we went to see…

flik.jpg

And then…

AK_OUTFITTERSCHAR1_20171126_406666594883.jpg AK_OUTFITTERSCHAR1_20171126_406666594894.jpg

And then we waited over 30 minutes for…

AK_BOATLND_20171126_406667942550.jpg pocohontas.jpg

By this time we were starving so we headed over to Restaurantosaurus. D ordered the kids cheeseburger with chocolate milk, apple slices and yogurt. C and I both ordered chicken nuggets, fries, and sweet tea. I do not remember what Nana and Mr. B ordered.

After lunch we headed over to Triceratops Spin which is one of D’s favorites. Mr. B sat this one out while the rest of us rode.

Afterwards, Nana said she was just too tired and needed to go back and rest and, they needed to charge the scooter some more. The guy had told them it should last all day on a full charge but it wasn’t happening this day. So they left with the plan to be back in time for ROL at 7:10pm (when we had to be at our seats).

We continued on to see…

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_20171126_406671934752.jpg
*Continued in next post*

Last edited:
Chapter 3 continued...

Then we rode the Wildlife Express Train - (we did not have to collapse the stroller!!!! Even though it is posted that you have to, we arrived right as they were about to leave so the let us on without making us collapse it) - where we saw…
AK_RPWCHARACTER2_20171126_406672908808.jpg AK_RPWCHARACTER2_20171126_406672962297.jpg

Here she is signing the Doctor’s excuse I made. They didn’t get a picture of it but she “laughed” when she read it.

Then, we did some exploring. G explored at a much faster pace than D and C so we headed outside and saw…

goats.jpg IMG_5557.JPG IMG_5555.JPG

I kept expecting them to follow pretty soon after but then I got a text that said D had decided he did want to meet Rafiki (whom he had said earlier he did not want to meet). So we finished our exploring outside and then headed back inside. We expected them to be finished but we found that Rafiki had to take a break and they were still waiting. At this point there was no one in line for Doc McStuffins. G noticed her again and he took off (not too far since I still had the harness on him – best buy ever!).

AK_RPWCHARACTER2_20171126_406674046608.jpg AK_RPWCHARACTER2_20171126_406674081195.jpg

So he got to spend a few minutes with her all by himself. C and D were still waiting for Rafiki so we joined them.

AK_RPWCHARACTER_20171126_406674370911.jpg AK_RPWCHARACTER_20171126_406674370918.jpg

C and D then headed out to the petting zoo where they got to pet the cow and PP Photographer caught in on film.

AK_RPWROVER_20171126_406674686536.jpg

G and I had to take a snack break.

*Continued in next post*

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter