It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

Looks like an amazing experience at the US Open- so cool!

Flight of Passage sounds cool!! I can't wait to ride in January! And you got some more great pictures of Pandora. That place just looks beautiful.
Thanks! Flight of Passage is awesome, you're going to love it.

I got a dining package for this?

After exiting Navi River Journey I had to book it to Asia. I my final FP which was for Expedition Everest. I arrived with about 5-10 minutes to spare. This is the only picture I have from my Everest experience. The ride was great as always.

After getting passed the Yeti, I stopped in a bathroom and then headed to the dining package section of Rivers of Light.

Somewhere in this crowd is the DISer group I would be meeting up with after.

As I am sitting there an announcement is made that the show will begin at 9:15 or whatever. This large family in front of me was complaining that they had to get in their seats an hour ahead of time for the show when they bought the dining package. I just rolled my eyes and chuckled. Hence the title of this update.

Glow souvenirs anyone?

Everest behind us.

It's hard to see but the fireflies were alive and well in the trees.

The lotuses then came out for the show. While this was happening a mother and daughter next to me were complaining because they thought the show started at 9PM, and they were like this is it? As the lotuses were coming out to their places.

Finally it was time to go!

These animal floats are beautiful!

If you haven't noticed by now I took a lot of photos...

Continued in next post...

I got a dining package for this? Part 3

And that was the show! I really enjoyed this. It isn't my favorite (Illuminations still is) but it is a perfect fit for AK. I loved the music and the story. I know a lot of people have complained about it not being flashy or having a big finale. I could see a need for a bigger finale but I liked it as is. There are always improvements to be made though.

Up Next: Unofficial DIS Meet Operation Pandora!

Awesome photos as usual. I think the show looks beautiful and I don't think everything needs a big, flashing finale really. I can't wait to see it.

Awesome photos as usual. I think the show looks beautiful and I don't think everything needs a big, flashing finale really. I can't wait to see it.
Thanks! Yeah some are just so used to fireworks shows that this is a bit of a downer for them. I think you'll enjoy it.

glad you made your FP for EE! Really is a great ride (even with only the disco yeti)

Yeah, the DIS group was in the last of the FP groups, but half way down the stone bench seating so was a really good spot

I remember that guy with the light up toys - he was like really chill and swinging the one light up staff and stuff

It's a shame you didn't get any pictures of Rivers of Light ;)

Seriously though - great pictures! I forgot to mention it in my report but I did really like the video water screens from off the lotuses - I think they were better than the big one in the back

glad you made your FP for EE! Really is a great ride (even with only the disco yeti)

Yeah, the DIS group was in the last of the FP groups, but half way down the stone bench seating so was a really good spot

I remember that guy with the light up toys - he was like really chill and swinging the one light up staff and stuff

It's a shame you didn't get any pictures of Rivers of Light ;)

Seriously though - great pictures! I forgot to mention it in my report but I did really like the video water screens from off the lotuses - I think they were better than the big one in the back
Yes I love EE despite disco yeti.

I know I could've gotten so many more photos.

I agree that the projections on the floats themselves were quite good.

I think of all of the coasters at WDW, EE is my favorite. RNR and Space are a little too rough/jerky, and 7DMT and BMTRR are too timid. I love the area around EE and especially the gift shop. I was so happy to ride it last year and finally be able to get a pressed penny and t-shirt. I have a rule that I can't get a pressed penny or t-shirt if I haven't ridden the ride. It kind of motivates me to push beyond my comfort zone. I am skipping some of the Pandora and ROL details, since we will be there in about 6 weeks now:woohoo:

I think of all of the coasters at WDW, EE is my favorite. RNR and Space are a little too rough/jerky, and 7DMT and BMTRR are too timid. I love the area around EE and especially the gift shop. I was so happy to ride it last year and finally be able to get a pressed penny and t-shirt. I have a rule that I can't get a pressed penny or t-shirt if I haven't ridden the ride. It kind of motivates me to push beyond my comfort zone. I am skipping some of the Pandora and ROL details, since we will be there in about 6 weeks now:woohoo:
Big Thunder is still my favorite but I love EE as well.

I like that motivation technique.

You'll love both Pandora and RoL!

Big Thunder is still my favorite but I love EE as well.

I like that motivation technique.

You'll love both Pandora and RoL!

Was it dark when you rode EE? I am looking forward to that. I love BMTRR in the dark. I really want to time it for the fireworks sometime. The theming and nostalgia with BMTRR is really hard to beat though.

Was it dark when you rode EE? I am looking forward to that. I love BMTRR in the dark. I really want to time it for the fireworks sometime. The theming and nostalgia with BMTRR is really hard to beat though.
It was as the sun was setting so not completely dark yet.

SPECTACULAR pics, Ryan!! I am sure I will love the colorfulness of this show. My fave night time show is Fantasmic. I mean - Sorcerer Mickey, what what can I say? :) I smile just hearing the opening strains of the soundtrack, and cry EVERY SINGLE TIME I've seen it, and lose my voice yelling "Yay, Sorcerer, I LOVE you!!" at the end. :o

SPECTACULAR pics, Ryan!! I am sure I will love the colorfulness of this show. My fave night time show is Fantasmic. I mean - Sorcerer Mickey, what what can I say? :) I smile just hearing the opening strains of the soundtrack, and cry EVERY SINGLE TIME I've seen it, and lose my voice yelling "Yay, Sorcerer, I LOVE you!!" at the end. :o

Thanks! It's been a long time since I've seen Fantasmic.

late to the party, but i'm in!

Thanks for joining in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!