It's A Small World - A Never-ending Pre-trip Report

The Internet sounds like a real pain

It definitely is.

but you will love the fibre optic!

I really hope so.

When we upgraded, the difference in speed was incredible!

I can't wait to be able to try it out.

Sounds like it's all coming together!

Yes, for the most part it is. Hopefully the rest will fall into place by the end of the week.

The jewelry is just beautiful!

Thanks.

I love the piece they gave you on your departure from Emirates.

I love this so much.

Not much longer now! How exciting!

No, it is getting very close.

Corinna

Today is our single digit day. In 9 days, we will be on our way to Sydney. I can't believe how quickly this has come round.

I have not made a great deal of progress, but there is not much left to do. I managed to find a team for progressive trivia over the weekend. Today I gathered odds and ends like sunglasses, luggage tags, lanyards and my adapters together and put them in a drawer. I always run around like a headless chicken trying to find them. So this time round, they are all in one place.

I was planning to order some currency for New Caledonia and Fiji today, but the amount I needed was not enough. So I have to go to the post office on Wednesday and hope for the best that they have it in stock.

I am still waiting for our tickets for the return flight to be issued. I getting a little impatient with this. Hopefully it will get done by Thursday as we then have a 4 day weekend. If not, the ticketing agent will get to experience my not so nice side on Tuesday.

Corinna

Single Digit Dance!!!! party: party: party: party: party:

What has to be done for your return tickets? Does the ticketing agent just have to print them and get them to you?

What has to be done for your return tickets? Does the ticketing agent just have to print them and get them to you?

That is what irritates me so much. It is literally a click of a button. My boss actually rang them today to chase this up and they told him that the booking is not due to be invoiced until Thursday and that they cannot issue the ticket until it has been invoiced. Sometimes I just want to hit my head against the wall.

Corinna

That is what irritates me so much. It is literally a click of a button. My boss actually rang them today to chase this up and they told him that the booking is not due to be invoiced until Thursday and that they cannot issue the ticket until it has been invoiced. Sometimes I just want to hit my head against the wall.

Corinna

That's crazy! Nice that your boss tried to help.

That's a beautiful thing! I'm so glad your new job is going well.

It is and there was some really fantastic news today, too. I will see if I get around to posting about this tonight as this involves a trip, too.

Corinna

And then there was a week. This time next week, we will be somewhere between Abu Dhabi and Sydney. The closer it gets the more I get worried about the long flight. I am so not looking forward to this. Still, I saw some photos from the Blue Mountains today and knowing that I will get to see them the next day should see me through. I have had a look at the entertainment line up for my flights and Moana, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Manchester By The Sea are all films I really want to watch. The idea is that I have a bit of a movie feast on the flight from the UK to Abu Dhabi and then hopefully I will sleep for a good chunk of the flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney.

I am now pretty much ready for the trip. I tried on the new swimsuits yesterday. They are a size smaller than what I would normally wear and are a perfect fit. The last time I have been able to wear this size was in 2010 after I had lost 25 pounds. So I am really happy with this.

I had a pedicure today. The idea had been to have a manicure on Tuesday, but I managed to break one of my nails so I got this take care of as well. I have gone with nice dark pink with silver and rainbow glitter on both fingers and toes. I am actually glad how this turned out as this takes pressure off on Tuesday. I think that may mean getting another manicure the ship, but I don't actually mind this.

I had all kinds of fun and games getting currency for New Caledonia and Fiji. I spent a lot of time trying to find somewhere that can get me French Polynesian Franc and Fijian Dollars. Nobody has them in stock. Only the Post Office can at least order French Polynesian Franc. Fijian Dollars are not quite so much trouble. Although nobody has them in stock either, most currency exchange places can order them relatively quickly. In the end it was just easiest to order both through the post office. Unfortunately I was not able to order them online as they will only accept orders over £400 and with us having a 4 day weekend coming up, they won't get them until Tuesday. So I either have to take an extended lunch break or leave work a little early. I will check which works better for the company. In any case, this is now sorted.

So now there is just the question of charging the gadgets, finding enough memory cards and packing. This will get taken care of on Sunday.

Corinna

YAY! A week.

And you get to see Moana on the flight out. Even better.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Good luck with the currency. Hope you get it all sorted before your trip.

Today I found out about another trip. It is only a very short one, but a very exciting one.

When I changed jobs, I had to work towards my CLIA accreditation. CLIA is the professional body for anything to do with cruises. I did a bunch of courses through their online academy, had to upload the details of any cruises taken since May 2012 and finally had to write two blogs. For this, I got my Master status, which is the highest status you can get with them. When I submitted my last blog, I was encouraged to enter for an Agent Achievement Award for CLIA Masters. I was not keen. I am not very good at blowing my own trumpet at the best of times and considering that I had just changed jobs and was new to the cruise industry, I felt a bit like a fraud. I made the mistake of mentioning this to my boss and he was really keen on me entering. He periodically asked me if I had entered and with about a week to go before the closing date, I took the plunge. I kind of expected that this would be the end of it.

Today while I was in town running errands, I suddenly decided to check my work emails. I can do this via an app on the phone. I had an email from CLIA to let me know that I am one of the finalists for the award and have been invited to an awards ceremony in London in July. CLIA will cover the cost for the event and the company will cover train tickets and a night in a hotel. I rang my boss straightaway and he is as excited as I am. So now I have to start giving some thought as to what gown is making the trip to London as this is a formal event. I think the Heart of the Ocean should definitely feature in the outfit. I still can't believe that I actually made it in the final. I do not believe for a minute that I will actually walk away with the award, but this would be amazing.

Corinna

Congrats on being a finalist for the Achievement Award ! They knew a good thing when they saw it (read it , whatever) and I am keeping my fingers crossed that you take home the prize. So glad your new boss continued to encourage you. You will keep us posted , won't you ?

Yeah only single digits now. How annoying about your return flight I hope they get their heads out of the sand nice for your boss to try and sort it out though.

Do they ever do currency on board?

Congrats on the awards in July how exciting! You are getting on so well in this job. It must be one the best moves you have made. I am so pleased for you.

Congrats on being a finalist for the Achievement Award ! They knew a good thing when they saw it (read it , whatever) and I am keeping my fingers crossed that you take home the prize.

Thanks. I have since found out that there are 4 finalists per category so this is really pretty amazing.

So glad your new boss continued to encourage you.

I could not wish for a better boss. He is trying to work out at the moment if he can join me. That would be really amazing and I would love for him to be there.

You will keep us posted , won't you ?

I definitely will.

Congrats, Corinna. Well deserved!

Thanks.

Yeah only single digits now.

Indeed. This time next week, I will be on the ship.

How annoying about your return flight I hope they get their heads out of the sand nice for your boss to try and sort it out though.

This is all sorted now. They issued the tickets on Thursday afternoon.

Do they ever do currency on board?

They do some like Dollars and Euros for the European cruises, but I doubt that they do the more exotic currencies.

Congrats on the awards in July how exciting! You are getting on so well in this job. It must be one the best moves you have made.

Thanks. I am really happy that I took the plunge.

I am so pleased for you.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Corinna

Congratulations on being chosen as a finalist! And you get a bonus trip to London and another opportunity to wear one of your gowns!

Congratulations on being a finalist and how fun to go to London for the event!

Sounds like a great list of movies on the plane.

Frustrating about the currency.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Congratulations on being chosen as a finalist!

Thanks.

And you get a bonus trip to London and another opportunity to wear one of your gowns!

I have to admit my thought process went something like this: Wow, I can't believe I was chosen. I need to let my boss know. I get to wear a gown!

Congratulations on being a finalist and how fun to go to London for the event!

Thanks. I am so looking forward to this. Having fun stuff planned will make settling in after the holiday easier. I have a ship visit in June and then this in July.

Sounds like a great list of movies on the plane.

Yes, I need to remember that I am planning to sleep on the Abu Dhabi to Sydney flight. On the flight from Manchester to Abu Dhabi, I can just have a movie fest.

Frustrating about the currency.

This has been annoying. I mentioned it to my boss yesterday that I either need an extended lunch break or leave slightly early and he has offered to drive me to the post office and wait for me. He really is a keeper.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Thanks. I really need to find some scales.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!