"It's 1am, what are you waking me up for.... WE ARE GOING WHERE?!" Surprise TR.

Soaptopia

Doooooooom buggy
This is a little late but I've been really busy with school! :)

Let me start off by saying we had a trip planned for August or September for a while, until over the summer my office got shut down and I lost my job. I haven't been able to find one since, so our trip was a definite no-no. We had $135 in gift cards for Disney, and I put a $20-$40 here and there whenever I had extra money, so we did have about $280 saved for a trip. I put it in a bag labeled "DISNEYLAND" and didn't know that DF even knew about the bag. Well apparently he found it and he decided to use it without me knowing. :thumbsup2

It was 1am on August 27th, 2012 and I was in dream land. Probably dreaming about being at Disneyland with my future hubby like I always do. Or maybe even having a nightmare. :eek: Whatever it was, I was interrupted suddenly by a tapping on my shouler and whisper in my ear. "Wake up sleepy girl!" Groggy, I asked him what was wrong, was he sick? He said, "C'mon babe, we are going to Disneyland!" My heart jumped. WHATTTTTTT!!!!???? And just like that, I got up, got ready, and we were out the door by 1:49am. We left our dog at home and he had arrangements for my dad to come get her in the morning.

IMG_0053.jpg

So the details of the trip were that we were going for one day, and he originally had plans to buy two park hoppers, but since all of the gift cards were $15 each he had to wait until we got to the gates to buy the tickets. On the way there he explained that to me and I said since we have just one day why don't we just worry about one park, and not two, and we can kinda just relax and do everything that we want to at DLR instead of rushing trying to do both parks. He liked that idea too and it meant he had more money for food and gas. He booked a hotel at Days Inn Buena Park, because we wouldn't be going to the hotel until after the park closed that night. It was cheap and not horribly crappy and it worked for the 8 hours that we slept.

We listened to Disney music on the way there and talked about what we would ride first, second, third, fourth, and so on. :laughing: I was surprised at how long it stayed dark during the drive over. It seemed like we were getting there quicker too. We got to our usual gas station (right before the CA border) at around 3 or 4 am. I don't remember, but we went in and got energy drinks and I got a rice crispy treat and he got a Snickers. popcorn:: At the first sign of day light, I took this pic.

IMG_0012.jpg

We got to the DLR parking garage around 7:30am, perfect!! There weren't very many cars where they sent us to park. We didn't have to walk too far, we were parked at Daisy 9G. :thumbsup2 We got to the trams, the first ride of the day! :lmao: We went all the way to the back and the cast member chatted with us about where we were from, and he was surprised when we said we had woken up at 1am to drive there, and were gonna sleep in CA one night and drive all the way back. He was very nice and friendly, always a nice way to start a wonderful day at Disney!

We got to the ticket booths and handed over the $135 worth of $15 gift cards. She laughed when I said "grandma got us those" and had to do separate transactions. She seemed to have no problem with it. We got a receipt for each one, and I took this picture at some point because it was funny. :laughing:

IMG_0014.jpg

We gave her the tickets and reciepts to recycle and paid the rest of the money for our two tickets, which was $45. I took a few pictures of the esplanade (sp?) and the new gates at DCA. I am excited to see that entrance when it is complete!

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Then we made our way to the gates. Here we goooo! :cloud9:

****Stay Tuned****

There was no line when we went to the gates, so that meant they were doing rope drop. We got into the park around 7:56am and made our way up front!

IMG_0018-1.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Mainstreet was packed but it didn't look too bad crowd-wise. We made it about half way down Mainstreet before we got to the big mass of people. We decided we were hungry and went into Blue Ribbon Bakery. He got a chocolate muffin and I got chocolate milk. We needed our sugar fix! We were already exhausted and the day hadn't even begun at DL yet. After eating/drinking we went over to Space Mountain for FP's and for our first "real" ride. :) It was about a 10 minute wait.

IMG_0049.jpg

After that we headed over to the other side of the park to ride some rides while we waited to get our next FP's, which was like 8:45. We rode Haunted Mansion next.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Definitely not good quality because I just have an iPhone but look how creepy this looks!
IMG_0030.jpg

Next we headed over to Splash Mountain and decided to just grab our next FP's for there afterward, because we new we'd need them later on when it was hot and a long line. We got the whole boat to ourselves! It was fun and we didn't get completely soaked because there wasn't much weight. It was a fun ride as always. :)

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Next we headed over to Pirates of the Carribean (sorry no pictures, just enjoying the scenery with my eyes at this point. :magnify:)

Then over to Fantasy Land for a few rides over there. We decided to go on Peter Pan first. I really like that ride! I remember pointing to Big Ben and telling DF how I've been there and how I want to go back to London. Flying through the stars is one of my favorite parts too!

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Then we headed over to the Tea Cups, and decided that was enough Fantasy Land for now, so we headed over to Indy for our next FP's and then went to Space to use our FP's for that ride. Then we rode Autopia and he drove while I got to look around at scenery. At some point we wanted to get passes for Autopia, and had thirty minutes to wait before we could get our next ones. I decided to go try it and see if maybe since it wasn't a big ride maybe it wouldn't be on the same schedule as Indy. So I tried it and got a pass for Autopia! Then I decided to check out Rogers Cartoon Spin and I got passes for that too... score! :thumbsup2 So I took pics of how many passes we had and a few pics of the area.

IMG_0043.jpg

His finger nail.. not mine! :lmao:
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Next we headed out to Quizno's for a late lunch. More soon!

After Quizno's we headed right back. By now it was about 2:30-3pm and I expected a large crowd. But luckily, it was not so bad all day! We used some of our FP's, and got some more, and it was never too long before we got to go get new ones, so that definitely meant the crowds just weren't too bad that day. I think my favorite ride of the day was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We probably rode it at least 6 times. At night it is the best!

IMG_0050.jpg

DF wanted to check out the Innoventions building because it was pretty hot (but still better than what it is here in AZ!) I love looking around the house because it gives me ideas for decorating when we get a house someday. :thumbsup2

We took the upstairs way into Innoventions, and I snapped this pic on the way.
IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

We used our FP's for Autopia and we must have picked the wrong time or something because it was a LOT longer wait to use FP's than it was to just ride it without FP's a little earlier. The FP doesn't really get you anywhere! So once again DF drove but I controlled the gas petal this time. :)

After this we headed over to NOS and I saw the canoos. We talked about it and walked over to the line and we were going to be able to go on the last boat! This was a lot of fun, and a good workout! I told him we have to do that earlier on in the day so we can fit another ride in and get a workout on both arms! It was a very neat experience and I wish we could have gotten pictures!

Around 6pm we were hungry for dinner. We went to Rancho Del Zocalo for our usual tostada salad... YUM!!!! I didn't take a pic but I got this one off Google so you can see how delicious this meal is and it is enough for both of us to eat. :)

100_5541.jpg

I didn't take many pictures after this because we just kinda kept riding the same rides all day, and it was nice to just enjoy with my fiance for a bit. :lovestruc After riding BTMRR that night we saw Fantasmic! going on and I told him I HAVE to go see it. We found a perfect spot to join in and watched it from where the Princess's are singing til the end. I absolutely love this show and hope they never get rid of it! We used the rest of our FP's after that and decided to call it a night, it was probably 11:15 anyway. I took one more pic of the castle and we made our way out. It was so sad I wanted to cry! One day is definitely not enough time, haha.

IMG_0052.jpg

We got to our hotel around 11:45pm or so and completely crashed! :faint: The next day we woke up around 8am and headed back home. This trip was a much needed one and I enjoyed every minute of it!!

Sounds like it was a fun trip. Glad you were able to make it, even if it was just one day!

What a fun surprise! It sounds like you were able to do quite a bit for a 1-day visit. Thank you for sharing your trip. :goodvibes

What a great surprise! He definitely proved that you made the right decision in saying yes when he proposed! :rotfl: You are so lucky to have found a guy that understands how much Disney means to you and to do something as great as this! I hope I can be just as lucky someday :goodvibes

What a wonderful surprise! Good selection on the chocolate muffin at The Blue Ribbon Bakery! One of my favorites :thumbsup2
BTMR is the best at night!! Glad you had such a good time even for just one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter