Itinerary w/19 month old DD

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We're planning on taking a trip to WDW next May, when my DD will be 19 months old. Last time, when it was DH & myself only, I had a great itinerary (I like to have things planned). Now, with a small child, I know to go with things and basically work around her and rest. We always used to go in the morning, then nap and swim in the afternoon, then go back to the parks. But with her, I want to take her to afternoon parades too. So how do I do this? We'd be there 6 nights, so really 5 full days. Does anyone have a really flexible rough idea of a schedule to see things she'd want to see, and go to most parks? We don't plan on going to water parks either. Also, if anyone has any tips, that would be good too. Thank you!

I've gone when our older DD was 2 1/2 and then when our younger DD was 14 months and then again when she was almost 26 months.

Yes, you have to play it by ear but you could also have a plan in mind and a couple of PS made.

We'd go to MK at least 2 or 3 times and MGM at least 2 times to catch all their shows for the little ones like Little Mermaid (Fastpass), Beauty and the Beast (only shown on certain days) and Playhouse Disney. Then there's the Honey I shrunk the Kids playground and the wonderful new parade.

We usually start off at either MK or MGM and since this is your DD's first trip, it should be MK!! Nothing like walking down Main street your first day!

We usually don't get to the parks all that early unless we're having breakfast there. We're just not early birds.

At MK, we do Fantasyland then sometimes the train, then on another day we'd do Toontown and the parade and maybe a little more Fantasyland!

At MGM, we head over the LM and get the Fastpass and then try and do another show while we're waiting but it doesn't always work out. Then try for the parade and then you can do the last Beauty and the Beast around 5ish. I think it will take 2 days again to do this all or you'll just have to set priorities.

We never really went back to the hotel specifically for naps cause our little ones napped in the stroller a lot but we did go back to relax, change, swim, rent a boat etc...

We go during off season so the parks close early; 6 or 7 so it was hard to go take a nap and then come back again.

I hope I helped you a little!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter