Itinerary Evenings

justme0729

DIS Veteran
What types of things would you book as two adults in the evenings since there isn't much at Aulani? We don't need a lot of entertainment and we go to bed pretty early but I'm wondering if there is anything we should plan besides dinner.

Last edited:
The Olelo Room has live music - most times an acoustic duo or solo - which is lovely to sit and relax to, whilst having some cocktails and pupus. Don't think you have to book - we just walked in.

We also adore Ama Ama for a night time meal whilst the sun is setting. This one is normally best to book as it gets popular.

There are several adult evening activities at Aulani you might enjoy depending on your tastes. We really liked the stargazing activity that's offered a couple days a week (note that it is a premium activity and $40 pp but it was fantastic!). There was also a Canvas & Cocktails session one night- you know-where you follow along with an instructor to create a painting while enjoying an adult beverage. They also do an 'Ohana version of this class where kids (well, they recommend teens) are allowed on different nights with no adult beverages. This is also a premium activity and we didn't do it so I don't know details but the paintings they were doing were beautiful and it is on my list for next time. There are also Sunset and Nighttime Photography classes- also premium. DD13 and FIL did the sunset one and really enjoyed it. And of course there's the luau.

Free evening stuff at Aulani might include The Art and Culture of Aulani tour (we missed this but I really wanted to do it!) and the 'Ohana movie nights (depending on how much you love Disney movies and if you would enjoy something like this that isn't adult specific). The movies are shown on the luau lawn on some nights when there isn't a luau. We could actually watch and hear the movies clearly from our balcony which our kids enjoyed (obviously depends on your room location). The movies last week were Coco on Monday and Wreck It Ralph! on Thursday.

For non Aulani, there's at least one sunset cruise that sails out of the Ko Olina Marina nearby as well as the Paradise Cove Luau and I think there's a luau some nights at the Marriott next door as well (though one luau is probably enough). When we did the stargazing we saw there was a guy down buy the beach who was renting/giving lessons on stand up paddleboards that had lights underneath so they glowed on the water. Might be an interesting activity if you enjoy SUP. Having tried SUP during the day at Aulani, I don't know if I'd want to try it for the first time at night...

I second 'Olelo room! Live music, happy hour drink specials and relaxation. Nothing better than being in Hawai'i with a cocktail in hand listening to Hawaiian music with the trade winds blowing and being completely oblivious to the time.

As two adults, Olelo Room was about the only thing there was for us to do at the resort. I think the spa is open til 8, so that's an option too but leave yourself time to enjoy the hydrotherapy gardens so you're not rushed out at closing. Another optionb would be the Aulani or Paradise Cove luau, both of which you'd need to book, or check out the bar at Monkeypod across the street for music and drinks.

If you have a car, Waikiki tends to have more going on at night. You could also Uber if you want a few drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter