• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Italy with young kids?

akachop

Earning My Ears
We are beginning to look into an ABD vacation. Hubby would really like to go to Italy but we are unsure if our children ages 6 & 8 would enjoy it or not. Has anyone experienced this trip with young ones in tow? Were they entertained or bored? If they are complaining the whole trip we would be sorry for having spent so much money. Looking for opinions as to whether we should wait a few more years. Any/all input would be appreciated. Thanks.

We are beginning to look into an ABD vacation. Hubby would really like to go to Italy but we are unsure if our children ages 6 & 8 would enjoy it or not. Has anyone experienced this trip with young ones in tow? Were they entertained or bored? If they are complaining the whole trip we would be sorry for having spent so much money. Looking for opinions as to whether we should wait a few more years. Any/all input would be appreciated. Thanks.
I haven't yet taken this trip so I am not best qualified to answer...but just as a mom I am headed out of this trip (if life spares and it's God will) on August 15, 2010 with a 6 yo by then she will be 7, but I think that it sounds like a great oppurtunity and experience for children of this age....JM2cents...GOOD LUCK

We did the the Italy trip in June and my boys are 5 and 6 years old. They loved every minute of the trip and were never bored. If you are traveling with kids ABD makes it so much easier that you will actually be able to enjoy the trip.

I was going to comment on this thread that I had taken the trip in June with a family with a 5 and 6 year old and they didn't seem bored at all...and extremely well-behaved too! I think the previous poster was the mom!

Having said that, I'm not sure my own DD7 would have been able to keep up without some moaning and groaning - there was quite a bit of walking involved, so make sure your child is used to walking and has very comfortable shoes!

Thanks for all the encouragement. We were thinking we were going to have to put off the idea for another 5 years or so! You've reignited the spark :)

I don't know much about the trip you are planning but I had the opportunity to live in Italy for 7 years and the Italians love kids. So having them with you in Italy would not be a problem. You will find that Italians will come up and start talking to your kids almost ignoring you. Nothing against you but they cherish children more:thumbsup2. They will accomdate kids meals with proper food and who can resist Italian pastries, cakes and gelato!

I haven't been on the Italy adventure. We've done a couple of the more outdoorsy trips, since I thought my DS would like those better. He had just turned 8 when we took our first tirp (Costa Rica) and he had his 9th birthday on the Alaska trip this past July. But, I would not hesitate to take him on the trip to Italy or any other ABD trip. And I know he would have a blast. They are very good at making sure the kids have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter