• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Italy Signature Itinerary?

GirlfromTN

DIS Veteran
I am not sure if I am missing something or if my browser is not updating properly, but I can't see the itinerary for the Italy Signature trip. The itinerary that shows up is just the regular Viva Italy one, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know what the Signature itinerary is?
thanks!

I am not sure if I am missing something or if my browser is not updating properly, but I can't see the itinerary for the Italy Signature trip. The itinerary that shows up is just the regular Viva Italy one, as far as I can tell. Does anyone know what the Signature itinerary is?
thanks!

You can only get to it from the drop down not by clicking on Europe as it does not come up in that list. See if this link works for you

http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/destination?name=RomeTuscanyVeniceSigLandingPage

I can get to the page showing the 3 dates for Signature Italy trips, but the itinerary shown is exactly the same as the regular Italy trip (it even lists the same hotels). I know the hotels for the Signature trip are different (they are listed on lefthand side of page). I am not sure what the different activities are associated with the signature trip (if any) since the website does not list the right itinerary. has anyone called ABD to ask about this one? I have emailed them but have not received response yet. I was hoping there would be some additional things in the itinerary since the cost is higher than the regular trip.

I finally got a response from ABD today. In case any one is interested, here are the differences for the Signature Italy trip (not sure why but the website still is not updated - the itinerary info for the signature trip is the same as the basic). Can anyone who has been on the regular Italy trip comment on whether or not they think it is worth the price to go on the signature trip?
Thanks!
:)

VIP amenity for each room upon arrival (anyone know what the VIP amenities were for the previous signature trips in California and S. Africa?)
Enhanced tour in and around Vatican City, lasting approximately 8 hours Gladiator and guitar musician at Welcome dinner
Entertainment added on Day 5 for dinner Florence:
added Palazzo Vecchio ?Secret Passages? tour
Welcome bellini drink served on the gondola in Venice
Murano tour added on Day 8
Murano glass take away for each guest
Jolly Roger farewell including shipboard entertainment
Alcohol served at all dinners.
Upgraded hotels. (Hotel Exedra, Villa San Paolo, Bauer L'Hotel)
Private transfers to and from the airport

I finally got a response from ABD today. In case any one is interested, here are the differences for the Signature Italy trip (not sure why but the website still is not updated - the itinerary info for the signature trip is the same as the basic). Can anyone who has been on the regular Italy trip comment on whether or not they think it is worth the price to go on the signature trip?
Thanks!
:)

When we did Viva Italia, much of what is on the Signature trip was still included. I have to say that some of the things that made this trip spectacular were:
--Murano tour
--Jolly Roger farewell dinner (sailing on a pirate ship, at sunset on the Grand Canal, sipping Bellini -- what's better than that?)
--Bauer Hotel (beautiful!)

The other things we had but weren't as special:
--Gladiator and guitar musician at Welcome dinner

Things that sound messy:
--Welcome bellini drink served on the gondola in Venice

Things we didn't have but that definitely sound cool:
--Alcohol served at all dinners.
--Murano glass take away for each guest
--added Palazzo Vecchio ?Secret Passages? tour

Isn't this on the regular itinerary?
--Private transfers to and from the airport

None of this answers your question, though.

If it fit in my budget, I'd definitely pay the extra for the Signature trip, but that's just my personal opinion. (Breakfast alone at the Bauer was $65.00 per person if it wasn't included with the room!) Of course, everyone here knows I'm the unofficial AbD cheerleader, so my comments should always be taken with a grain of salt. :)

Dotti

When we did Viva Italia, much of what is on the Signature trip was still included. I have to say that some of the things that made this trip spectacular were:
--Murano tour
--Jolly Roger farewell dinner (sailing on a pirate ship, at sunset on the Grand Canal, sipping Bellini -- what's better than that?)
--Bauer Hotel (beautiful!)

The other things we had but weren't as special:
--Gladiator and guitar musician at Welcome dinner

Things that sound messy:
--Welcome bellini drink served on the gondola in Venice

Things we didn't have but that definitely sound cool:
--Alcohol served at all dinners.
--Murano glass take away for each guest
--added Palazzo Vecchio ?Secret Passages? tour

Isn't this on the regular itinerary?
--Private transfers to and from the airport

None of this answers your question, though.

If it fit in my budget, I'd definitely pay the extra for the Signature trip, but that's just my personal opinion. (Breakfast alone at the Bauer was $65.00 per person if it wasn't included with the room!) Of course, everyone here knows I'm the unofficial AbD cheerleader, so my comments should always be taken with a grain of salt. :)

Dotti

Much of this was NOT part of our Italy trip in 2007--Murano, the sailing ship, etc...all sound great. I was curious about the Africa Signature trip, which was rolled out this year but does not appear on the 2010 schedule--anyone know why it was dropped? Seems like this year is somewhat transitional--additions, subtractions, tweaking and some hefty rate hikes (depending on when you book, in some instances), and the roll out soon of more gateway trips. Hope it all works out! Dotti--keep the faith!

I was just on this trip in June and we did not have the Jolly Roger Farewell cruise, nor did we have the Murano glass tour. We didn't have any of the things you mentioned as part of the Signature tour. We did get a welcome gift (duffle bag, binoculars, luggage tag, fan) and all transfers are included on all tours. I haven't looked at the difference in price, and I tend to be on the cheap side, but here are some thoughts: I do not drink, so that wouldn't make a difference for me; other than the "Tuscan Holiday" day, we didn't spend enough time at any one hotel to make a big deal of that - we did enjoy that resort in Artimino though (I thought all the hotels were quite nice). If those extras are important to you, go for it; otherwise, the "regular" version of this trip was absolutely perfect. What I would have paid more for was upgraded hearing aids for the tours (sorry, but those Whispers just didn't cut it)!!

Regarding the private transfers, I asked about that when I called too. The agent said it would most likely be a limo and your family would be picked up alone. We have been on 4 ABD's and we have always been picked up alone (but we have always come in one day early). The first year (2006) we were picked up by a mecedes limo van. In spain we were picked up by a huge coach, just the 5 of us. In Germany and South Africa we were picked up by a van service.

The agent also said she would pass along that the website was not updated.

Here's a question for those of you who have recently done Viva Italia--is there any extra time in the itinerarly to explore a few of those places on your own--if you are not on a signature trip? Specifically, I would love to see Murano, with glass blowing, or Burano--lace making on my own, even if i were not taken as part of an official tour.

Any thoughts?

Turtlemom. :surfweb:

If you stay an extra day, it is easy to take a vaporetto to Murano and/or Burano. There is a vaporetto stop just around the corner from the Dei Dogi. We took the vaporetto to the Lido on our extra day. I think even the Murano glass stores sponsor a boat ride to Murano that you can book from the hotel, and it is free, though I think you probably are encouraged to buy something. You also have some free time on the day of the farewell dinner, after the mask making. We walked back to St. Mark's Square and toured Doge's Palace, and many shopped that afternoon.

Thanks! That helps. Did you do your extra day through ABD? If so, did you still get airport transfers included, or did you have to arrange that on your own? Just curious.

We did book the extra day through ABD, they wouldn't pay for the airport transfer if we didn't. I thought their price was high, but one of the reasons I chose a tour was to avoid making arrangements such as airport transfers. The extra day did also include breakfast. Since we were alone leaving on our last day, ABD provided a private water taxi to the airport. It was a beautiful boat ride that day, and private water taxis are expensive.

I went on the Viva Italia trip 2 years ago . The hotel Exedra is very very nice.I was not on a signature trip .Looks like they drop the very nice hotels and then add them in for a signature trip. I did not have the pirate ship but my final night was certainly just as special. My guides included me into the last night festivities for the entertainment . That certaintly does not occur alot.:goodvibes.
I know people on my tour did stay an extra day to go to Murano.
As for private transfers, In Italy ABD had a limo car take me privately to the Exedra.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter