It was all a lie

When facing charges it's a standard defense to go on the offense against your co-conspirators, and it sometimes works.

But selfies she posted of her and her now ex-boyfriend in Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, prime seats at Broadway's Hamilton, etc. plus her sudden addiction to expensive designer handbags are damning evidence that she's attempting a new scam.

Yes. :thumbsup2 That and she's aligned herself with a new scammer: her lawyer. He HAS to know there is enough evidence to poke holes through a story of her being a "victim." So he gets billable hours for helping her to concoct this line of defense. They cut some sort of weak deal and she STILL goes to prison.

I hope they all go to prison for a long time. It will send a message to other would-be GoFundMe scammers what may happen to them if they are caught scamming.

I think it’s safe to give money to people you don’t know, given the right circumstance.

When the bus tragedy happened in Humboldt earlier this year a gofundme was set up and it raised $11 million in just a few days.

Unfortunately in some of these cases even where it's not a scam, and the mo et is all handed over there can be huge arguments among the recipients over how the money is fairly split.

Her lawyer was just on GMA. He's now claiming she was abused by her boyfriend and wasn't really clear on what she was doing. She thought she was only helping the homeless man. She recorded a conversation with her boyfriend in which she was trying to frame him get him to admit HE was the one responsible for the scam. She was YELLING at him at the time. And it wasn't like he was threatening/intimidating her back. So much for abuse. :rolleyes:

George Stephanopoulos said to her lawyer, "But, she did spend a lot of the money."

Her lawyer started hemming & hawing, then laughed nervously. He said the prosecution will pull out all this dog & pony show stuff to distract from the facts. Her boyfriend bought one of the expensive handbags. She bought others USED. That one was only $800 and she didn't buy it full price. :rolleyes: Others that were confiscated by the police were already hers. (So she already had expensive tastes.) Also, the BMW they bought wasn't brand new. They bought that used for only $17,000. :rolleyes:

No, Kate, your boyfriend didn't abuse you. Your lawyer is. He couldn't even stand up to George Stephanopoulos asking him a question. And this line of defense is ridiculous if he's convincing you he can get away with it. :sad2: He's no Johnny Cochran, (OJ Simpson's lawyer,) able to confidently say, "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.) Even if your BF came up with the idea and "forced" you, you willingly went along with spending the funds that didn't belong to you afterward. So much for helping the homeless man. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

It's gonna be fun watching them all twist and turn to blame the other. I doubt they'll get the punishment they deserve when it's all over though.

The whole thing reminds me of the scene in Goodfellas after Jimmy tells everyone to lay low after the heist, but they all show up at the club with new cars & fur coats LOL

I wouldn't say the whole story was a LIE... I would just say that it was an elaborate RUSE to solicit money from innocent, naive people who didn't know the whole story.

I wouldn't say the whole story was a LIE... I would just say that it was an elaborate RUSE to solicit money from innocent, naive people who didn't know the whole story.
And, they did that by lying. The initial story that started this whole thing was nothing but a lie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!